MSgt. Shooter Person

Default User created content crashing PS3 (screenshot)

Well, seems the mods may have been all too premature. I was just playing campaign mode, nearly done with a level. As as it was counting down...boom the game freezes on me. So I restarted the PS3, started the game back up and the first thing to appear was this.

Sorry for the quality, but this was taken with my crappy camera off-screen.(click for bigger shot)
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

And for the record. I have downloaded and imported all the available PS3 mods to date. So not sure which one may be causing it.
    Last edited by leukoplast; 12-21-2007 at 11:06 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by leukoplast View Post
    Well, seems the mods may have been all too premature. I was just playing campaign mode, nearly done with a level. As as it was counting down...boom the game freezes on me. So I restarted the PS3, started the game back up and the first thing to appear was this.

Sorry for the quality, but this was taken with my crappy camera off-screen.(click for bigger shot)
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

And for the record. I have downloaded and imported all the available PS3 mods to date. So not sure which one may be causing it.

same here... is this normal??

MSgt. Shooter Person

I don't think so. It hasn't happened to me before prior to importing the mods.

I just hit yes to disable them...but when I use them now I gotta worry about the game freezing.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I don't think so. It hasn't happened to me before prior to importing the mods.

I just hit yes to disable them...but when I use them now I gotta worry about the game freezing.
    should I delete and install again?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUS_90 View Post
    should I delete and install again?
    I dunno...waiting for an answer from Epic or somebody else who knows of the problem.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Sounds like we are beta testers.

MSgt. Shooter Person

No, the PC version was and still is the beta -_-

Banned

I have all four maps so far installed, but not the mutator. I haven't encountered any problems as of yet, but I haven't spent a ton of time with them yet either. I'll see if anything pops up as I continue to play.

Oh I understand!
    Last edited by Morphias; 07-08-2008 at 07:43 AM.
    Whirlpoolians r freaks - Please leave the internet.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Morphias View Post
    "It apperas that the game either lost power or crashed"

Isn't there something wrong with that statement,, LOST POWER should be removed.

Other then that, some content will only run on PC, I think epic know this.
    You don't understand...the mods that I am using are the ones cooked to the PS3 by Mark himself. These are as official as they get. I didn't just put some mods in that weren't legit or anything (not like its even possible anyway)

MSgt. Shooter Person

You don't understand...the mods that I am using are the ones cooked to the PS3 by Mark himself. These are as official as they get. I didn't just put some mods in that weren't legit or anything (not like its even possible anyway)
    A guy in the other topic told me to delete it and install again...
    I try...

Quote Originally Posted by LNYC999 View Post
    Sounds like we are beta testers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShocKWav3 View Post
    No, the PC version was and still is the beta -_-
    quoted for truths
    Ps3 and PC are the beta testers for the Xbox 360

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUS_90 View Post
    A guy in the other topic told me to delete it and install again...
    I try...
    Hmm, well there is a few other people coming out of the cracks and making threads in various forums about this problem. So its probably bound to happen to everybody who installed any mods.

With one guy his system freezes periodically with this same prompt before entering the game after restart.

Something went wrong with the mod cooking.

My PS3 has crashed 4 times tonight while attempting to join a UTIII Vehicle CTF game. The only successful login I've had tonight was to a Warfare game. Not sure if the game type makes a difference. Up until now, my PS3 hadn't crashed while playing UTIII at all.

When selecting a server to join, the initial loading screen shows some progress bars and then it freezes completely. I have to use the front standby power to reset the console (haven't resorted to turning it off from the back yet).

This afternoon, I installed the Elevation mod and hadn't played it at all nor attempted to join a server using it. When restarting UTIII I was prompted that it has crashed and asked if I wanted to disable user created content... the most recent time, I said "yes" and then tried to access another VCTF game and it crashed yet again.

I deleted the mod and was able to connect to the first VCTF game I tried. I'm not going to install any mods until I see a patch for this issue.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gwar9999 View Post
    My PS3 has crashed 4 times tonight while attempting to join a UTIII Vehicle CTF game. The only successful login I've had tonight was to a Warfare game. Not sure if the game type makes a difference. Up until now, my PS3 hadn't crashed while playing UTIII at all.

When selecting a server to join, the initial loading screen shows some progress bars and then it freezes completely. I have to use the front standby power to reset the console (haven't resorted to turning it off from the back yet).

This afternoon, I installed the Elevation mod and hadn't played it at all nor attempted to join a server using it. When restarting UTIII I was prompted that it has crashed and asked if I wanted to disable user created content... the most recent time, I said "yes" and then tried to access another VCTF game and it crashed yet again.

I deleted the mod and was able to connect to the first VCTF game I tried. I'm not going to install any mods until I see a patch for this issue.
    Its just a default message for when you exit the game while its loading a map. Nothing to worry about. The game crashed before the mods, it crashes when there is connection problems.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLIST MOVEMENT View Post
    quoted for truths

go away XBOT!!

back on topic I got the same error message.
    Come on Epic, make UT3 crossplatform

cmon now, i just dusted off that thing to play assassin's
    i own less than 5 titles for it, im a "special" xbot

just dont deny it (the ps3 and pc being the testers in all of this) when the perfectly polished version is released

MSgt. Shooter Person

hasnt happen to me

MSgt. Shooter Person

just dont deny it (the ps3 and pc being the testers in all of this) when the perfectly polished version is released
    Even then, there still might be a few issues. I mean, nothing is perfect

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: richcz3

quoted for truths
    You know - two weeks ago I would have thought that was a crazy idea. Now the more I read it, the more it makes sense for many reasons.
    www.digitalworks.8m.com
    C2DDual@3.4Ghz- 7900GTO:512MB- X-Fi

MSgt. Shooter Person

Seems you forgot our browsers on the PS3 have a zoom function.

O_O you are being watched. Kiding of course on being watched well cheers and hope to see you on the battlefield..

Back to the topic at hand I must admit I dont think ive seen
    UT crash on me yet. But I will report back if it does, with maps
    being custom the only thing to test is can it be reproduced.
    Today is not a good day to die.

MSgt. Shooter Person

This happened to me twice today. It's pissin me off.
    PSN = xFirexIcex

MSgt. Shooter Person

UT3 should have been a Q2 2008 game...

MSgt. Shooter Person

I'm just gunna delete all of my custom content cause im getting tired of having to restart my ps3.
    PSN = xFirexIcex

Skaarj

Have played all 3 of the DM maps ALOT no probs.. Haven't tried the VCTF or Shield mutator yet... I just had my PS3 repaired, My games started crashing a bunch right before the BluRay drive went out.. Was getting weird error messages in Guitar Hero 3, and RFOM would freeze, then I realized it was the BD.
    PS3 Gamertag - Bulldog

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by pionata View Post
    Its just a default message for when you exit the game while its loading a map. Nothing to worry about. The game crashed before the mods, it crashes when there is connection problems.
    Agree, I've had it crash before and after the installation of the mods, so I don't think mods are necessarily the cause. FWIW, I've only ever crashed when trying to get into the midway_psn servers, never when trying to get into a user created game...weird.

MSgt. Shooter Person

After playing it flawlessly, I've crashed 3 times today, within 15 minutes. I tried VCTF with the mods on, and thats where it is crashing. It works great on all other modes, except this. Its crashed before the mods, but not this much. Maybe once or twice in like a week or 2, but 3 times in 15 minutes? Thats just ridiculous.

MSgt. Shooter Person

my system crashed after mod install but only when trying to connect to a certain midway vctf server

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xeroxinlola

my system will occasionally freeze up when i try to connect to a midway server. so far i haven't had this problem connecting to user created rooms. what gives?!

Had it happen to me multiple times on 2 machines. One PS3 with mods and one PS3 without. Only happened on VCTF. All other modes (DM..TDM..etc) seemed fine.

Prisoner 849

I finally got the message too. I was trying to join a Midway TDM server, and it froze. I restarted, got back on and saw the message. I clicked no, went back into the game and tried the same server again. Froze again. Restarted and got the message again.

We've seen people saying that certain Midway servers cause their PS3 to freeze since Day 1. Mine's frozen before, but I had never tried joining the same server again right afterwards. I think it'sthe server, and not because you have mods. The message seems to be a safety thing, because it says it's "potentially" because of the user created content. I joined another server and had no problems after that.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
    I finally got the message too. I was trying to join a Midway TDM server, and it froze. I restarted, got back on and saw the message. I clicked no, went back into the game and tried the same server again. Froze again. Restarted and got the message again.

We've seen people saying that certain Midway servers cause their PS3 to freeze since Day 1. Mine's frozen before, but I had never tried joining the same server again right afterwards. I think it'sthe server, and not because you have mods. The message seems to be a safety thing, because it says it's "potentially" because of the user created content. I joined another server and had no problems after that.
    I think it is the mods because I deleted them, joined a midway server many times after, and no freezing. But yes, it does freeze only on midway servers when you do have mods.
    PSN = xFirexIcex

Seriously...
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KriLL38

USER created content, notice the USER part, thus if some random guy makes a map and messes up it doesn't work properly, not Epic's fault nor their concern.
    "Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you."

Prisoner 849

Quote Originally Posted by xFirexIcex View Post
    I think it is the mods because I deleted them, joined a midway server many times after, and no freezing. But yes, it does freeze only on midway servers when you do have mods.
    I dunno, it's just that I've joined a ton of Midway servers, and I've had freezes a couple times. Last night it froze twice in a row on the exact same server while trying to join. People have been complaining that Midway_psn servers were freezing their PS3 all along. I think the message about user content is new, and it will come up every time the game freezes/crashes now. Whether it has anything to do with the mods themselves or not.

But of course it could be because of the mods, I'm not denying that.

oops >.> ps3 thread!
    no wonder I was being watched

If epic's going to release a patch, it will probably include fixes for both versions
    Hit two birds with one stone..

/no flames please, its a waste of good heat

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hi, I played for 4 consecutive hours DM & VCTF, didnt crash on me. have all those mods installed except the mutator

Well I can confirm midway_psn servers will crash the PS3 if you're playing Vehicle Capture the Flag. I tried Team Deathmatch on one of these servers though and it didn't crash anything.