Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    MSgt. Shooter Person

Does it freeze while loading?

The only things I've copied from the XL version on to this one are stock static meshes and some bsp geometry. Since this map worked fine on both PC and PS3 prior to the update and since the stuff I copied couldn't be the cause of this I've come to the conclusion that maybe it's the grass volume causing this problem. That's really the only thing I've added that is "different" in terms of type of object. Before the update there were no foliage volumes just regular static meshes for the grass.

However since I've already made 2 other maps that have foliage volumes and work on both PS3 and PC (Tiberium, Nowhere), I took a look in the properties and found that the only difference between the foliage volumes on those 2 maps and the foliage volumes on this map and NITP-XL is that the collision is set to custom default... whereas on the other 2 maps it's set to no collision.
    Could this be it?

Banned

You know I was not aware that a working PS3 version existed ... I thought it wasn't working for the majority of folks (or maybe that was the XL version). Its been a while so I forget. In any event the level doesn't work for me but no biggie ... these things happen.

Edit: I rechecked both threads for the older versions and yeah it is the XL version which doesn't work for 98% of the people who try it so if you copied stuff from it then maybe that is why this version is not loading on my PS3 ... whereas the original version it appears loads just fine for everyone who has installed it.
    Last edited by AnubanUT2; 05-13-2008 at 10:50 AM.

Are you planning to do MSU updates for all your maps?
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...Nightanim1.gif
    http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Tailsnakes.jpg
    I hope your bullet holes become mouths that say my name. - Lupe Fiasco

Banned

wait my previous post was a lie of sorts, i had warlords low (not zero) gravity mutator on aswell. i gained enough upward momentum to escape your volumes, strange thing, the street is not solid whilst the closer (but still outside the map) buildings are.... btw id love if you made those buildings we see way in the background, the skyscrapers? as Levels And I dont think you need to update all your maps as tiberium-se and nowhere are amazing as is, so is NITP-XL :P but i would never get bored of your updates for it (unless you made it asiany or necron like then id be sad ) i just hope you add a port to the visible water area in XL :P!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
    In any event the level doesn't work for me but no biggie ... these things happen.
    Well I suppoe this shouldn't be a problem for the contest since it's PC oriented, but still it's annoying that I can't figure out what's causing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
    Are you planning to do MSU updates for all your maps?
    Not all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonzord View Post
    wait my previous post was a lie of sorts, i had warlords low (not zero) gravity mutator on aswell. i gained enough upward momentum to escape your volumes, strange thing, the street is not solid whilst the closer (but still outside the map) buildings are....
    The street is a static mesh and since that area wasn't supposed to be accessible in the game I never bothered to turn on collisions.

btw id love if you made those buildings we see way in the background, the skyscrapers? as Levels
    With summer break comming up we'll see

And I dont think you need to update all your maps as tiberium-se and nowhere are amazing as is, so is NITP-XL :P but i would never get bored of your updates for it (unless you made it asiany or necron like then id be sad ) i just hope you add a port to the visible water area in XL :P!!
    I think I'll leave Nowhere as it is, maybe just make a few minor adjustments, but with Tiberium-SE... After seeing what happened with DM-Lego I have a feeling the same might happen with my map since EA is developing a FPS game called "Tiberium" and all. So I'm going to make a different version of DM-Tiberium for the contest with the name changed, the Tiberian Sun music removed and to solve the performance issues of Tiberium-SE I think I'll end up makeing a hybrid of sorts between the 2 versions. Take the original map which hade good performance and add some of the interactivity from the SE version.

On updates for NITP-XL you've got nothing to worie about, I'm not a big fan of the Asian or Necris themes so that won't happen. I don't think a port would fit with this map, but I might make aproper port/shipyard map some time in the future.

Banned

!!! My Day just Got BETTERRR Thanks Your maps are all fantastic and us on the ps3 cant even hear ur custom tiberium music :P!
    I Do however love that big broken building on tiberium (its there on se too but duh haha)
    You could take out MOST of the physics assets.....but make it a tiberium...XL!!!
    Well i know u may change the name but that map XL version would be very umm amazing you could bridge that tiberium gap :P at the left side of the building with the minigun

Don't know too much about these stuff so don't take me seriously. I don't think there's any problem with your map being called Tiberium. Don't think there's any problem of including green crystals to. Since Tiberium is just a fictional crystal in the game...It's a crystal and it's green.

Ok what I'm trying to say is you didn't create a full blown mod called tiberium.
    You just created a map for UT3 with the name Dm-Tiberium SE. I kinda like the music though.

In the case of the Dm-Lego map i don't think it was actually legally required for the author to change the name of the map. But the removal of the logos in the map seemed fair enough.

Think I'll leave this one to someone that actually knows law and so on...

Banned

Have you played the updated lego called Blockland? MUCH less lag and i prefer it (ps3 of course) think its fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by HideInLight View Post
    Don't know too much about these stuff so don't take me seriously. I don't think there's any problem with your map being called Tiberium. Don't think there's any problem of including green crystals to. Since Tiberium is just a fictional crystal in the game...It's a crystal and it's green.

Ok what I'm trying to say is you didn't create a full blown mod called tiberium.
    You just created a map for UT3 with the name Dm-Tiberium SE. I kinda like the music though.

In the case of the Dm-Lego map i don't think it was actually legally required for the author to change the name of the map. But the removal of the logos in the map seemed fair enough.

Think I'll leave this one to someone that actually knows law and so on...
    Well he wants to enter Tiberium in the MSU and they have a stipulation that you can't use copyrighted content or stuff based on other games. They wouldn't want a map to win then have another company sue for using thier material.

As far as the Lego map goes they had full legal rights to send him that cease and desist notice, they could've gone further if they had wished too...
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...Nightanim1.gif
    http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Tailsnakes.jpg
    I hope your bullet holes become mouths that say my name. - Lupe Fiasco

Just dl'd Maps look amazing cant wait to do some work..

MSgt. Shooter Person

very beautiful. thank you.
    "For those who want to get better at games."
    http://76.freebb.com/noobpatrol/
    "The best Servers around. http://www.resolutionservers.com/gfc/

Redeemer

Thumbs up great TeamDM map!

Not really sure why it took me this long to try this map, but it did. I like all the improvements for the latest version also. The clouds, rain, thunder, lightning, crickets, trees, Atlas and the music choice really help to create a certain atmosphere in this map. The gameplay is sort of wide-open, but with hedges to duck in and out and over. TeamDM is lots of fun and the bots aren't bad.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345