MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Snky Bstrd

MUTATOR Fast Weapon Switch, Dual Enforcers, Multi-Jump, Friendly Fire, Unlimited Ammo

Full Details: http://www.thevaticgroup.com/ut/

VERSION 1.1 HAS BEEN RELEASED - INCLUDES Anti-Masochism MUTATOR

This is a mutator pack containing 5 mutators. A configuration UI is supplied, but the scaling is a little borked. I'll be releasing a new UI for it once it's corrected. It's still very usable; just a little ugly at some resolutions.

Also, I am aware that similar mutators may have been released or are in development. I started this pack on release day because these were things *I* wanted. Everything was written from scratch (not that these are brain-busting to produce) and I just thought I'd share.

FastWeaponSwitch
    Old school weapon-switch times.

Unlimited Ammo
    All weapons come with unlimited ammunition

Friendly Fire FR
    Modifiable friendly fire damage (default Friendly Fire mutator does only 1/2 damage) with optional immunity to damage done to you by bot teammates.

Anti-Masochism NEW!
    Players cannot hurt themselves with their own weapons.

Infini-Jump
    Configurable number of multi-jumps. Quad-Jump on STEROIDS!

Dual Enforcers ENHANCED
    Give dual enforcers to all players, with optional Enforcers-only mode.
    Last edited by Snky_Bstrd; 12-20-2007 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Updated to v1.1; added new mutator

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Snky_Bstrd View Post
    [...]
    FastWeaponSwitch
    Old school weapon-switch times.
    [...]
    what's "old school weapon-switch" supposed to mean?

original ut weapon-switch? ut ws with purestats fws? ut2k4 ws? ....

Banned

Cool ... does the friendly fire stop you from killing yourself with the flak cannon by mistake? If so then this mutator is worth the download for that alone ... heck I'll just check it out anyway. Looks interesting enough and I love little mutators like this.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
    Cool ... does the friendly fire stop you from killing yourself with the flak cannon by mistake? If so then this mutator is worth the download for that alone ... heck I'll just check it out anyway. Looks interesting enough and I love little mutators like this.
    Yes, there is an option to make yourself immune to damage from your own team - including yourself .

Quote Originally Posted by RaZz! View Post
    what's "old school weapon-switch" supposed to mean?

original ut weapon-switch? ut ws with purestats fws? ut2k4 ws? ....
    You're welcome.

Banned

Yes, there is an option to make yourself immune to damage from your own team - including yourself .

You're welcome.
    Consider this added to my favorite mutator's pack. I am tired of killing myself with flak chunks ... is it only for team game play though and not regular deathmatch? You may want to include an option for just DM and Duel matches.

Edit: Checked it out and indeed this no damage is only for teams and not for use in DM and Duel. Is it possible to have an option so that I don't take any rocket splash damage from my own rockets and no flak damage when the flak bounces off of walls? I have been looking for a mutator that does this since week one.
    Last edited by AnubanUT2; 12-19-2007 at 06:38 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Consider this added to my favorite mutator's pack. I am tired of killing myself with flak chunks ... is it only for team game play though and not regular deathmatch? You may want to include an option for just DM and Duel matches.
    It's funny that you bring this up, because as I was play testing and noticed that I didn't self-inflict damage (this was not something I originally intended, but decided to leave it alone), I thought about including a sixth mutator whose sole purpose was to have this effect.

I'll include it in Volume 2, which should be ready in a couple days.

Banned

Sounds good ... I'll be looking forward to it. If I turn the value up to 10 (for the team damage scaling) what actual effect does that have? I may not be understanding how this mutator implements the non damage so I want to be clear about that. Thanks.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Sounds good ... I'll be looking forward to it. If I turn the value up to 10 (for the team damage scaling) what actual effect does that have? I may not be understanding how this mutator implements the non damage so I want to be clear about that. Thanks.
    The fFriendlyFireScaling is a floating point multiplier applied to the calculated damage. So let's say you fire a rocket at a teammate, and the game calculates that the damage done is 100 points (we're going to assume that you have full health and no armor).

Since you're a teammate, the game multiplies that damage by the fFriendlyFireScaling multiplier. Without the mutator, this value is 0. So without the mutator, your damage would be 100 * 0 = 0. With Epic's Friendly Fire mutator, the damage would be 100 * 0.5 = 50 (since they use a multiplier of 0.5). If you set the multiplier to 1.0 in my mutator, the damage done is 100%, since the original damage is multiplied by 1. If you set the value to 10 (which I like to do myself ), then the damage is 100 * 10 = 1000. Heck, crank it to 100 and your teammates will quiver at the sight of you! I play a lot of instant action, so it's fun mowing down bots that piss me off .

Now to the immunity. When this is turned on the mutator checks who the shooter is and who the victim is. If the shooter is a bot and the victim is a human player AND they're both on the same team, the damage is set to 0. My oversight is that I didn't think to check to make sure the shooter and victim aren't actually the same player, which is why you're no longer being damaged by your own shots.

What I will probably do is release an updated version of this pack that corrects that oversight, but also includes a new mutator that removes self-damage (when that damage is inflicted by a weapon... falls and such will still damage you). I was going to put in it the next pack, but I really ought to correct the aforementioned oversight, as it was unintentional and most players probably wouldn't expect that behavior.

Sorry for the long post, but you asked!

Banned

Actually though atm I am still being damaged by my own shots ... I don't want to be damaged by my own shots though that is what I am hoping the next version of your allows for. I hope I am understanding you correctly. If not let me know. But I still think I am not following you correctly because it seems like you are saying that this mutator actually allows you to do MORE damage to your teammates ... not less. So if I don't use it and I shoot a rocket at a team mate nothing happens to them but if I do use it by default they will now get 50% of the damage ... is that correct?

Iron Guard

Nice mutator, fixes some of the issues I had with the game. Needs a little tweaking though but it's definitely on the right track.
    Sinnthetika is pronounced: Synthetica

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Actually though atm I am still being damaged by my own shots ... I don't want to be damaged by my own shots though that is what I am hoping the next version of your allows for. I hope I am understanding you correctly. If not let me know. But I still think I am not following you correctly because it seems like you are saying that this mutator actually allows you to do MORE damage to your teammates ... not less. So if I don't use it and I shoot a rocket at a team mate nothing happens to them but if I do use it by default they will now get 50% of the damage ... is that correct?
    If you use the Friendly Fire FR mutator and turn on the immunity option, you will not be hurt by your own shots. The immunity option protects you from friendly fire - even your own.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnthetika View Post
    Nice mutator, fixes some of the issues I had with the game. Needs a little tweaking though but it's definitely on the right track.
    What tweaks would you like to see? I'm releasing a second version, so if people think something needs adjusting, now is the time!

Banned

If you use the Friendly Fire FR mutator and turn on the immunity option, you will not be hurt by your own shots. The immunity option protects you from friendly fire - even your own.
    Okay ... I am going to try this now ... but what I am saying is this is only for TDM and not regular DM and that is what you are going to make an option correct?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Okay ... I am going to try this now ... but what I am saying is this is only for TDM and not regular DM and that is what you are going to make an option correct?
    Friendly Fire FR, like Epic's Friendly Fire, is only usable in team-based games. However, I'm about to release v1.1 of this pack which contains a mutator that does exactly what you'd like, and it's usable in ANY game type .

I'm literally compiling the code and updating the website as we speak!

Banned

Got it ... I was just playing around with it and I totally understand what it does now and that is cool and yes what you are doing now is even better ... at least for me and I really appreciate you adding it as an option.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Version 1.1 has been released. See original post for details.

MSgt. Shooter Person

very nice job, thnx a lot.

Iron Guard

I'm downloading this just for the unlimited ammo. I've been looking for a mut that does that.. The anti-selfdamage and the dual enforcers sound pretty good too.

Banned

Version 1.1 has been released. See original post for details.
    Thanks man ... I really really appreciate this mutator ... now I won't kill myself by mistake ... this is great. Glad I added it to my fav mutators pack. I am going to update it with this newest version.

How do I install this on my PS3???

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dan50 View Post
    How do I install this on my PS3???
    You can't just yet unless this is one of the mutators that Epic is handcooking and making available for PS3 users like they did with DM-Shrine.

Ok I'll wait. ^_^ This mod looks AWESOME!!!!!

Banned

Hey man do you think it would be possible for you to make a mutator like this:

You know what just hit me is it would be great if there was a mutator that let people replace the super pickup items with anything they wanted because there is always debate among these items:

- Redeemer
    - Armor pieces (ALL)
    - Invisibility
    - Berserk
    - Invincibility
    - Super Health

Now imagine a mutator just for the swapping in and out of these items .... that would be sweet and would solve tons of issues for individuals and let them shape a level even more to their liking.

NP if you can't ... I'm going to check around with the other great coders who make cool mutators like you. But it would be cool if you could ... I know you would add your own twist.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Wow, this sounds awesome! I really hope Mark likes it as well, and cooks this up for us PS3 owners. Since there is so much to it, it could add hours upon days of fun in the game.

How about it mark...can we get this cooked? Pwetty pwease?

Infinite ammo and the mini gun are going to rule when its cooked up on the PS3. ^_^

Banned

Been using this and i really like it. I have become fond of playing what i call "redeemer wars" by using this and the weapon replacement mut to have mostly redeemers on the map and making it my #1 priority weapon. pretty fun stuff ! However, the Anti-Masochism one seems to be buggy. at times i kill myself with the redeemer. I DO realize there are things that can make it only *seem* like the redeemer killed me such as firing it near an object and having the blast throw me against it and then dying from the impact and not the weapon itself. But there are time i swear my redeemer kills me directly. Often when i spawn i fire by accident and the shot somehow kills me even tho there was nothing around to cause it like having it blow me off a high place or into a wall. And it's not a enemy who just happened to shoot me at the same instant because i can often tell if they are around and i get no on screen announcement that "i was killed by XXXXX". so somehow the mut is not fully protecting me from my own weapon all the time. Funny thing is, i have stood in the same places where i have killed myself before and TRIED to recreate it and fired the redeemer right at my feet over and over and could not kill myself !

But that aside, nice mut....thanks.

Banned

Hi this looks great, could you cook this for PS3 users since the mod tools are out now? Thanks!!

Now that more information has come out about replication and stuff, can you fix this mutator pack to work online? Currently things like infinijump do not replicate online.

Banned

The creator hasn't posted in a fairly long time...I hope they are still active. I'm dying for this to be converted over to the PS3 with the new tool set.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PSNID: Herbyg

All the mutators work on the PS3 except for Infini-jump. Also the configurations screens don't work.
    Thanks for the Mutator.

Redeemer

is it me or does the enforcers when dual and you spawn have a messed up animation? The left gun is whacked online but the mutator works fine in instant action... is this some sort of replication bug?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: pr1m3_5u5p3cT

i love using these mutators, fast weapon switching, dual enforcers and anti masochism
    "The funniest thing to ever happen was when I took one to the crotch area " - ZzyzX
    PSN: pr1m3_5u5p3ct

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by CVROY View Post
    is it me or does the enforcers when dual and you spawn have a messed up animation? The left gun is whacked online but the mutator works fine in instant action... is this some sort of replication bug?

... testing, is this thing on?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Funny thing is Battlemode already made something like this

He didn't have anti-masochistic stuff though, that's nice.
    Avid supporter of RuneStorms "Ballistic Weapons" mod.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)o This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

I have installed this mod, but for some reason I can not find how to configure it. For example how do I configure it so that I you can only do 4 jumps? I dont see a setting in the INI nor is there anything to configure in the web admin.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I tried it to, for the fast weapon switching, but it doesn't seem to work online.

Anybody still have this mirrored somewhere? I just got UT3 for the PC yesterday (A friend gave me his copy) but the link is dead.

Thanks! I may have to hit up your site and see what else I can get, I know you archived a lot of things.