Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Boomshot

MUTATOR Gibalicious [Pics][Final]

EDIT: Superseded by v1.1 (http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?p=25219210).

Name: Gibalicious
    Version: 1.0
    Compatibility: UT3 1.1+ (might work with 1.0, but I didn't test it)
    Description: More gore!
    Comments: Tastes like chicken.
    Screenshots:
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Homepage: http://mrevil.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/unreal/ut3/gib/
    Download: N/A (go to the new thread).
    Last edited by Mr Evil; 01-09-2008 at 11:00 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Cleary-TLSC

I cant see the map?!?! screen shots please.
    BANG BANG BANG
    TOOSH TOOSH TOOSH
    CHOOE CHOOE CHOOE
    BPOUCH BPOUCH BPOUCH.
    Expect these noises in UT3

ahem, its not a map, its a mutator
    he made a mutator with more blood, meat etc.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Cleary-TLSC

ah k
    BANG BANG BANG
    TOOSH TOOSH TOOSH
    CHOOE CHOOE CHOOE
    BPOUCH BPOUCH BPOUCH.
    Expect these noises in UT3

Do the blood decals stay longer? Could that be added if not?

Can splatter be set to affect other players too? Like if he was gibbed near his friend, his friend should be covered with blood until he dies.

Palace Guard

OMFG, you've made my week Mr.Evil!

I just have 1 gripe with it, in your next release of the mut, add a instagib option? So that we can get the gibs either all time or when we blow someone up with a rocket launcher/ shock combo... etc? I know the UT2k4 versions of Gibalicious had this option.

Here's a little bug or just some code that needs to go or fixed, look at the top left hand corner of the picture, ya, a long word with question marks at the beginning and end, should be fixed in 1.1.

Also, great work on the configuration screen Evil.
    Last edited by Mr.UglyPants; 12-17-2007 at 05:13 PM.
    "Yes, BattleFront 2 looks cool. However, the ability to capture a command post is insignificant next to the power to capture an entire planet."

Avid supporter of RuneStorms "Ballistic Weapons" mod.

Project Leader of UT3Dom (Domination).

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EVILENGINE 360

I've always wanted to ask if this mut (since ut2004) could be modified to change the meshes of the gibs also. Maybe make a "Pinata" mode where the gibs are actually pick-ups like weapons and or random health, or maybe even powerup items to give you certain power boosts like speed or invisability.

Btw performance is barely affected by the mass amounts of gibbage this time around compared to Ut2004 which would slow down to a crawl. Great work!
    Last edited by EvilEngine; 12-17-2007 at 05:59 PM.

Palace Guard

That would be so cool to see, just give the guy a e-mail (miles@cheese83.freeserve.co.uk <miles@cheese83.freeserve.co.uk>) and ask if you can.
    "Yes, BattleFront 2 looks cool. However, the ability to capture a command post is insignificant next to the power to capture an entire planet."

Iron Guard

Thank you Mr Evil!

Burning meat !! make me hungry ! lol ! goodjob mr Evil

Thumbs up OMG Mr Evil is back !!!

can you make your WoE with sentinel for UT3 too ?
    and AerialView !!! with Beautifull Wings ....
    = Buffy The Jedi Knight =

Redeemer

You are a f*kin' god!!!!

*edit* Can you add the options "to always gib" ? I love the mutator, but I don't always want it to gib. I prefer the standard settings, but when it gibs, i want it to be a mess
    Last edited by Emmet Otter; 12-17-2007 at 07:03 PM.
    MOBO: ASUS P5E WS Professional CPU: Intel Q6600 @3.7 ~ on air 42c avg VIDEO: EVGA 8800GTS 512MB @670/1940 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 2gig ~ 5-5-5-15 2.5vOS: Win XP Sp2 DX9.0C
    Home: Frogtown Hollow NJ Occupation: mending fences Interests: playing washtub bass, digital photography, mountain biking, hiking and watching NJ Devils hockey.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Oh yell yes, this was one of my favourite little mutators in 2k4! Nice to see it back.

A minor suggestion for a possible later version - would it be possible to set the type of gib you see? For example, landing a headshot with the sniper rifle that gibs a players head and what the hell, 20 rib cages are flying in all directions.

Green_Day_584

woo! THANKS!

hmm... i wonder if headshots gib them... hehehehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by EvilEngine View Post
    Maybe make a "Pinata" mode where the gibs are actually pick-ups like weapons and or random health, or maybe even powerup items to give you certain power boosts like speed or invisability.
    or CANDY!!!! :P

Also how about flaming chunks of gib? it may already be included, but just to be sure.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Nice Work! I knew this mutator would be fast and coming for UT3.

MSgt. Shooter Person

so what are the effects of each of those slider bars...I suppose most of them are self explanitory, but it might be good to add a little description below each bar going more in depth

MSgt. Shooter Person

Now This Makes The Gore ,Gore Again!
    Last edited by Emo Von Peeblabis; 12-17-2007 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Do I Need One?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Mr Evil, great stuff man but you know the blood splats you get on screen when you kill someone with the Impact Hammer?

I think it'd be great to have that when you kill people at point blank range with others weapons like the Rocket Launcher ot the Flak Canon...

More blood splats please!

MSgt. Shooter Person

I wouldn't be a fan of two skulls coming out of one person, but this is awesome now.
    And I second the screen splatter options.
    Either way, excellent work.

MSgt. Shooter Person

THANK SATAN someone heard my prayers bout MOAR GOAR!!...

seriously thanks Mr.Evil this is a great mutator.

little nitpick tho...does the blood decals stay?

PS:i cant test the mutator till i get home on thursday

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by KewlAzMe View Post
    Do the blood decals stay longer? Could that be added if not?..
    I hadn't added the ability to change that because I assumed it was controlled by DecalLifeSpan in UTGame.ini, but now I look closer I see blood decals have their own value in the code itself. I'll change that for the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by KewlAzMe View Post
    ...Can splatter be set to affect other players too? Like if he was gibbed near his friend, his friend should be covered with blood until he dies.
    Possibly. I'll write it on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
    ...add a instagib option? So that we can get the gibs either all time or when we blow someone up with a rocket launcher/ shock combo... etc? I know the UT2k4 versions of Gibalicious had this option...
    I didn't add it this time around because it's hard to do with the way gibbing works in UT3 now. It's already on my list of things to do.

...Here's a little bug or just some code that needs to go or fixed, look at the top left hand corner of the picture, ya, a long word with question marks at the beginning and end, should be fixed in 1.1...
    There was a thread in the programming forum about the same problem with another mutator. Apparently it only started happening after the patch, so I decided not to work around it in case it's fixed in the next patch.

That would be so cool to see, just give the guy a e-mail (miles@cheese83.freeserve.co.uk <miles@cheese83.freeserve.co.uk>) and ask if you can.
    No need for that, I'm right here!

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyTheSlayer View Post
    Maybe. I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet. It depends if I can find a modeler and skinner.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chimpy View Post
    ...would it be possible to set the type of gib you see?..
    Possible. I'll consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by b0b7h3r1pp3r View Post
    so what are the effects of each of those slider bars...I suppose most of them are self explanitory, but it might be good to add a little description below each bar going more in depth
    I did write a short description for each one in the readme (which is in the zip and on my website). I can try to explain further if any of them are not clear.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDiablo2k3 View Post
    Mr Evil, great stuff man but you know the blood splats you get on screen when you kill someone with the Impact Hammer?

I think it'd be great to have that when you kill people at point blank range with others weapons like the Rocket Launcher ot the Flak Canon...
    Good idea. I shall make a note of it...

Palace Guard

Alright, i'll leave my ideas here.

1) A slider that increases how much blood (animated blood, you can see it best when you use the Kill Slow Time Mutator) will spill out of the guy.
    2) Just an idea for you to use if ever you feel like it, namely it would be like Gibalicious except for vehicles, so like Machinalicious (TM... nah), where everything cept that gaint base (like for the Manta its the rotor blades) can be doubled, tripled or however many times you like, so you get more wreckage, and maybe have a option in it for how long the whole decay thing will stay.

MSgt. Shooter Person

@Mr Evil: I know what they mean, I just meant that it would eliminate questions to you from other people if you put in a brief more detailed description within the game. Thanks for the mod by the way. I've always been a fan of copious blood

Palace Guard

An option so that running over players in a vehicle (like Manta or Scavenger etc) would create a instagib effect rather than the right now you just become a ragdoll from being pancaked by a Manta.

Another idea (got the idea from a screenshot) is to have a list of the weapons and you could choose if they instagib or normal (aka how it is currently). I had the idea cause of using the Shock Rifle, and found it was great to have it be instagib, but not so great for the enforcer or that Stinger.

http://i8pwyq.bay.livefilestore.com/...ponTabWIP2.jpg

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Evil View Post
    Good idea. I shall make a note of it...
    Nice one mate.

I started a thread here about the same idea, it seems to have gathered a little support with the gore hounds! lol

Banned

I also really like the idea of blood trails and blood splatter and having blood get on you the player (would be cool for those of us who like to play in 3rd person as well as first person) if you Flak someone at point blank range.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Evil View Post
    I did write a short description for each one in the readme (which is in the zip and on my website). I can try to explain further if any of them are not clear.
    Hmmm I am getting an unauthorized user message when I try and go to Gibalicious on your web page and get that info. Did you remove the file or move it to another location and forget to link it? I would really like to know in depth what those options on the slider do so whatever you can do to help would be appreciated. Thanks. Btw this is a great mutator ... having lots of fun with it so far.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyTheSlayer View Post
    Hey Buffy if you are looking for a good 3rd person mutator here is a link to one that is currently available and it is pretty good. I wish the camera was on the player a little closer but it is still really good and I would recommend it to you. Maybe Mr. Evil can do AerialView and have the camera be more up close like Gears of War is.

http://www.fileplanet.com/108138/0/0/0/section/Other - latest version 1.21 of MK3rdPersonMutator

http://www.moddb.com/games/169/unrea...tor-version-12

Big Grin thanks info my big brother

Quote Originally Posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
    Hey Buffy if you are looking for a good 3rd person mutator here is a link to one that is currently available and it is pretty good. I wish the camera was on the player a little closer but it is still really good and I would recommend it to you. Maybe Mr. Evil can do AerialView and have the camera be more up close like Gears of War is.

http://www.fileplanet.com/108138/0/0/0/section/Other - latest version 1.21 of MK3rdPersonMutator

http://www.moddb.com/games/169/unrea...tor-version-12
    but I have already ...
    I want Wings and 3rd Person view together ....

Aerial View for UT2004
    http://mrevil.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/u...t2/aerialview/
    Last edited by BuffyTheSlayer; 12-19-2007 at 08:08 AM.

Banned

^^^ ha ha, I should have known you already had that mutator one month into UT3. But at least I tried to be helpful ... damn you are quick Buffy ... you are obviously just as addicted to UT3 as I am ... I bet you get every level and every character model possible.

Palace Guard

She probably does.

Also, i had another idea, you know how we were supposed to get gibbable bodies in UT3, well we got partial gibbable bodies, because some weapons (Shock core, rox, flak) will explode a body, others (Stinger, enforcer shock beam) will do nothing to the body, it'd be cool to add the GoW style when you shoot bodies blood flys out and then soon arms and legs and gibs fly all around.

Boomshot

1) A slider that increases how much blood (animated blood, you can see it best when you use the Kill Slow Time Mutator) will spill out of the guy.
    Will do.

2) Just an idea for you to use if ever you feel like it, namely it would be like Gibalicious except for vehicles...
    I thought about that, but either destroyed vehicles would block off whole areas, or you'd be able to walk through the wreckage, which would be weird.

Quote Originally Posted by b0b7h3r1pp3r View Post
    ...I just meant that it would eliminate questions to you from other people if you put in a brief more detailed description within the game...
    I see. I was going to add tooltips, but they don't seem to work in UT3. I'll use the same system as the rest of the menus, where a short description appears below the menu when you click on an option.

An option so that running over players in a vehicle (like Manta or Scavenger etc) would create a instagib effect rather than the right now you just become a ragdoll from being pancaked by a Manta.
    That must be a bug, because it should gib for every cause of death.

Another idea (got the idea from a screenshot) is to have a list of the weapons and you could choose if they instagib or normal...
    I don't think I'll do that, because I would rather not have too many options, plus it could be more complicated to make it work with custom weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
    Hmmm I am getting an unauthorized user message when I try and go to Gibalicious on your web page and get that info...
    You get the error when visiting the page linked to in the first post? What browser are you using? Have you tried clearing your cache? Or did you try following an old link from before I split it up into UT2 and UT3 sections (URLs without "UT2" or UT3" in them)?

Big Grin here is in game looks like ...

I hope body stay more longer too
    I think giblife didnt work for me ...

Last edited by BuffyTheSlayer; 12-27-2007 at 12:45 AM.

Banned

Whatever the issue was with the page its all cleared up now ... thanks for the reply though I appreciate it.

MSgt. Shooter Person

You're still alive! And you brought Gibalicious with you! <3
    Downloading.

Any plans to bring back the sentinels? I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd welcome their return. :0
    Code:
                                            ___{ }
                                             @@@U
                                             |||

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Moose View Post
    Any plans to bring back the sentinels? I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd welcome their return. :0
    That's certainly something I would like to do.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Man, this is great!!!
    Is there any way to build this in game to play EVERYTIME with more gore, without adding this to mutators... to play online with gore (and servers dont run this mutator)..
    I am russian UT player
    UT99>all

Quote Originally Posted by *Snoopy* View Post
    Man, this is great!!!
    Is there any way to build this in game to play EVERYTIME with more gore, without adding this to mutators... to play online with gore (and servers dont run this mutator)..
    Yes, if you are married to Mark Rein

I just had to register to congratulate you on your mutator, it's too funny. It reminds me of the /ekg cheat from Rise of the Triad (oldskool, baby).

It would be great to have the blood stay longer, too. I still use a mod (not mutator) in UT'99 that allowed blood and other decals to stay longer, which would make the map look like quite the battlefield after a long CTF match. It would be great to have that again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast