Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person

Map - Deathmatch (PC) DM-Elevation by warby released !

download:

http://warby.bitproll.de/filez/dm-elevation.zip

readme:

DM-Elevation

by soenke c "warby" seidel

install the map into the \UTGame\published\CookedPC\CustomMaps\ folder if this is your first
    ut3 custom map you install you will have to create it yourself.

this is my very first ut3 map.
    it mainly served me as a learning exercise for what has changes between unreal engine 2.x and 3.
    there are a couple of known issues.
    there are no custom meshes or textures in the level. all graphics assets in this map are made by epic and streamline.
    some of these meshes don't have perfectly none overlapping normalized lightmap-uvsets which leads to some
    ugly lighting artifacts most noticeable on the floor meshes on top of the castle.
    also the bots don't seam to use the aircontrol of the jump pads properly and often fall to their death.
    i am not a pro gamer myself so i am always very puzzled about what makes a good item placement layout
    for a "pro" ut-deathmatch map.
    yet i hope you will have fun with this map.

want more ?

www.warby.de
    Last edited by WarTourist; 01-31-2008 at 05:04 PM.

Veteran

One word, 7 letters: A W E S O M E.

downloading.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Nice. How did you get such a good sunlight effect? I don't like the bloom overdose, though.
    If you set your PC Clock back, msn doesnt work. (lol)

MSgt. Shooter Person

If you are Warbeast you make beutiful crazy maps . . .

Downloading . . .

I'll been waiting for excelent custom content . . .

Palace Guard

Looks very nice

Btw where do you lot get these textures,as i`v had a little mess around with the ed and i have very little textures tbh.
    (btw i`m still a noob with the ed )
    When you kill 6 people in Unreal Tournament 3 it's "Monster kill", In Quake III it's "Excellent", in Counter-Strike Source it's "Kicked by console".

MSgt. Shooter Person

@party boy: i am

@t@f: in the generic browser just load all package from the environments folder with the same prefix and tell it to only display materials ... theres only 2 different bsp textures in this map though.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by warby View Post
    @party boy: i am
    Thought so too, but secretly hoped for one mapper more bringing that kind of quality.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Great use of making a map that looks like it's mainly meshes. My only suggestion is to rid the excess flak and thighpad spots and add a shield belt somewhere in there. Makes a good fun map however.

MSgt. Shooter Person

there is a shield belt but it is very well hidden and requires some trick jumping to get to

MSgt. Shooter Person

Nice work! I've always admired and enjoyed your "Warbeast" maps. I'm very glad to see that you are bringing your talents to UT3.
    Intel i7 920 CPU | ASUS P6T Deluxe | 6GB DDR3 1333MHz OCZ RAM | Zotac 285GTX AMP! | Thermaltake Toughpower 700w PSU | Vista Ultimate 64bit

Redeemer

Very nice map! Great fun.

I wished the bots could access the sniper rifle better. I believe they fall down a lot.

Overall, great work!
    MOBO: ASUS P5E WS Professional CPU: Intel Q6600 @3.7 ~ on air 42c avg VIDEO: EVGA 8800GTS 512MB @670/1940 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 2gig ~ 5-5-5-15 2.5vOS: Win XP Sp2 DX9.0C
    Home: Frogtown Hollow NJ Occupation: mending fences Interests: playing washtub bass, digital photography, mountain biking, hiking and watching NJ Devils hockey.

Green_Day_584

omfg... that is INCREDIBLE. i mean, this is the best looking custom map for ut 3 iv EVER SEEN

kep it up. you could go places with that skill

Redeemer

omg, I was just making a map, you make me want to continue no further
    The Ultimate Unreal resource...Unreal Central!!
    Video Card: HD ATI 5777 Pro | 6GB of RAM DDR3 1066mhz | 24" BenQ Monitor | Intel i7 930 2.8GHz

ZOMG COOK FOR PS3?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Emmet Otter View Post
    Very nice map! Great fun.

I wished the bots could access the sniper rifle better. I believe they fall down a lot.

Overall, great work!
    Same for them trying to get the redeemer

Sweet map Warby. I'll check it out.

Thumbs up OMG !!! He is Back to UT3

Could you make DOM-Invasion Map for UT3 as CTF or DM ??
    I still playing this map in UT2004
    Last edited by BuffyTheSlayer; 01-31-2008 at 10:07 AM.
    = Buffy The Jedi Knight =

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: McBrightside

Holy, ****.

Er, 'nough said!

Wow this map is amazing.
    Though I think it can be made quite a lot better as it seems plagued by a few gameplay quirks in my opinion :
    - why not have the jump pads send directly to others places instead of directly upwards/towards the vacuum most of the time ? It is quite confusing at first to see I'm going nowhere because I didn't control my jump
    -Make the elevators not go that fast. I know that speed is needed to be able to get to the redeemer, but here it's over the top I often end up going far too high.
    -Maybe do something about the roofs being slippery - I agree it woudln't be good gameplay wise to be able to stand on them, but it's quite annoying when you don't know to jump out of a spawn point and slip towards your doom
    -I don't really like the armor vest and shield belt being at the same spot, maybe move them around (at least one of them)
    -Are there other items like Berserk/Invincible/Invisible ? I only saw the Quad Damage. If the items aren't there, it could be nice to include them.

Now I know this is a final release, the map already looks incredibly great, but I just find the gameplay could be made even better. At the moment, some things just seem to be strange...

Anyway, thanks a lot for the awesome map. Looking forward to more !

Boomshot

Looks pretty darn sweet.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gah! XBox! :X

Quote Originally Posted by warby View Post
    there is a shield belt but it is very well hidden and requires some trick jumping to get to
    How do you made this cool shadows from colums @ screen 5??
    Its high detail lightmaps or dynamic light?

MSgt. Shooter Person

STUNNING contrast.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: campbullard

Looks, plays, and runs amazing. I was stunned because I never dropped once below the locked fps when I usually am never at the high end. How does it run so much better while looking so much better than the stock maps?

MSgt. Shooter Person

wow, Warbeast is here! I remember your mind-blowing maps for ut2k4, hope you'll keep designing for UT3! Downloading now.

Banned

Holy jeez that is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

Palace Guard

Damn this is a great map
    Have to give you that,you still have da skills
    When you kill 6 people in Unreal Tournament 3 it's "Monster kill", In Quake III it's "Excellent", in Counter-Strike Source it's "Kicked by console".

man this looks great... i really like the lighting of this, gives it a creepy feel

MSgt. Shooter Person

Downloading.

And......AWESOME speedpaintings!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Xedi View Post
    Wow this map is amazing.
    Though I think it can be made quite a lot better as it seems plagued by a few gameplay quirks in my opinion :
    - why not have the jump pads send directly to others places instead of directly upwards/towards the vacuum most of the time ? It is quite confusing at first to see I'm going nowhere because I didn't control my jump
    i am passing that question right on to epic i set the aircontroll to 0 at first in the hope that than the player and bots will follow the path spline to the pixel but than they would allays fall to their death than i tried biasing the TARGET path node to be further in the back which i can only do SO FAR before they float in mid air and become "INVALID" or "BAD SIZED" ... so i acknowledge that is sub par that you have to steer yourself to the destination and that the bots fall through most of the time but i simply cant fix it without completely changing the layout of my level

-Make the elevators not go that fast. I know that speed is needed to be able to get to the redeemer, but here it's over the top I often end up going far too high.
    now that i am playing more i also manage to get much better at the elevator jumping and get catapulted way to high D: hat should have been tweaked better ... if only i was a better player ^^

-Maybe do something about the roofs being slippery - I agree it woudln't be good gameplay wise to be able to stand on them, but it's quite annoying when you don't know to jump out of a spawn point and slip towards your doom
    i don't want people to walk over those roofs !

-I don't really like the armor vest and shield belt being at the same spot, maybe move them around (at least one of them)
    noted for the future ...

-Are there other items like Berserk/Invincible/Invisible ? I only saw the Quad Damage. If the items aren't there, it could be nice to include them.
    no there arnt. i ran out of good places to put em ... i had em all in there at one point but everything was just so cluttered with mega power ^^

Now I know this is a final release, the map already looks incredibly great, but I just find the gameplay could be made even better. At the moment, some things just seem to be strange...

Anyway, thanks a lot for the awesome map. Looking forward to more !
    i was thinking about releasing this version as _beta_01 but i didn't want to lie to people or make em believe there would be another version since i am of to a new map with custom content and all ...

thanks for the useful feedback ill try to do better with the next map
    Last edited by warby; 12-15-2007 at 07:50 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

When I use jump pads, I like to look around and try to get some sweet kills while in-air. Manual air control should never be a requirement!

Artistically, the map is very impressive. Stunning lighting makes it look like it is original content or atleast original textures. I can't help but feel like there should be some alternative coloring somewhere though. Like a giant blue crystal, a blood fountain, just something. Don't get me wrong, I like the look of the map but I think a few tweaks to the colors would give it more of an "UT" feel. Hourence's map has predominantly yellow lighting, but there is a bright blue light in a central scene that really makes everything pop.

Looking forward to see your all custom work map

MSgt. Shooter Person

Looks nice indeed. 1 tip: Add water to the bottom instead of copying the skybox

MSgt. Shooter Person

Anyone else notice one of the center elevators not being on the ground when he's supposed to be?

Besides that, nice looking map!
    Last edited by DeBiese; 12-16-2007 at 11:24 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

dude your screenshot is massive!! ^...cut down the resolution a bit. I also very much enjoy not having to control myself while in air. I will wait to play this on a custom server before i download as I already have a lot of maps and from what ive read the gameplay could use some work. We shall see

MSgt. Shooter Person

All I can say is WOW!!!!! Can't wait to try it out!
    Time flies when your having fun! SO GET YOUR GAME ON!
    Crimson Death

This map looks amazing. I wish I could actually understand the editor...

Prisoner 849

Gj. The map feels like a theme park somehow, like fragging in a Disney logo eh.. ^^ The jump pads are weird since they throw you where you are looking at jump but no air control. Lift jumps are never wrong though.
    /thread

Looks very nice
    WICKED SICK!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Very nice map man.Hope you make more of the same type.
    PSN ID:Cxplorer_Qc_Can

A few things:- love the jumping at the peak of those fast elevators - mile high.
    - however bots suck at this map - they just kill themselves.
    - and i seem to be falling through all the roofs of the little arches.

- but nice map - good graphics

CPU = Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 - 2.4Ghz (need to overclock!)
    Motherboard = ASUS P5B Deluxe WIFI AP
    RAM =
    OCZ 2GB Kit DDR2-667MHz/PC2-5400 CL 4-4-4-12 XTC Edition
    Graphics Card = Connect 3D ATI Radeon X1950XT 256MB
    PSU = 600W
    Seasonic S12-600

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Alezay View Post
    This map looks amazing. I wish I could actually understand the editor...
    Mate - if you wanna mod and map-make, a very worthwhile purchase is the ut3 collectors edition - hours of video tutorials in Unreal Engine 3 work.

I have it and believe it to be invaluable!

CPU = Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 - 2.4Ghz (need to overclock!)
    Motherboard = ASUS P5B Deluxe WIFI AP
    RAM =
    OCZ 2GB Kit DDR2-667MHz/PC2-5400 CL 4-4-4-12 XTC Edition
    Graphics Card = Connect 3D ATI Radeon X1950XT 256MB
    PSU = 600W
    Seasonic S12-600

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast