Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EVILENGINE 360

MODEL UT2004 XAN for UT3 - updated beta 1.4

I'm uploading 1.4 right now. I didn't include any additional playable bot characters only because the size of the package is getting obscene. So I will leave that up to you guys, or just make additional packages some other time. I did update the normal maps with more detail, and touched up the diffuse a bit. The game still dumbs down the texture quality , but it looks much better than before. I think this will be the final beta until I get the custom factions code working so we get actual custom arms, blood,gibs and sounds.

Beta 1.4:
    Bugs fixed in beta 1.4:
    ...properly set UPK package to ServerSideOnly
    ...fixed some wrist vertices not twisting properly on left arm
    ...added character description, thanks Jafo for those details!
    ...updated and improved textures - can't really get too much detail even though textures are high res and materials tweaked out, seems to be code limitation for speed??
    Code:
     Add this info to your UTCustomChar.ini

Parts=(Part=PART_Head,ObjectName="XAN_UT3_MODEL.Parts.XAN_HEADMESH",PartID="Z",FamilyID="IRNM")
    Parts=(Part=PART_Facemask,ObjectName="XAN_UT3_MODEL.Parts.XAN_MASKMESH",PartID="Z",FamilyID="IRNM")
    Parts=(Part=PART_Torso,ObjectName="XAN_UT3_MODEL.Parts.XAN_TORSOMESH",PartID="Z",FamilyID="IRNM")
    Parts=(Part=PART_ShoPad,ObjectName="XAN_UT3_MODEL.Parts.XAN_XShoPad01",PartID="Z",FamilyID="IRNM")
    Parts=(Part=PART_Arms,ObjectName="XAN_UT3_MODEL.Parts.XAN_ARMSMESH",PartID="Z",FamilyID="IRNM")
    Parts=(Part=PART_Thighs,ObjectName="XAN_UT3_MODEL.Parts.XAN_LEGSMESH",PartID="Z",FamilyID="IRNM")
    Parts=(Part=PART_Boots,ObjectName="XAN_UT3_MODEL.Parts.XAN_BOOTMESH",PartID="Z",FamilyID="IRNM")

Characters=(CharName="XAN KRIEGOR",Description="<Strings:XAN.CharLocData.OSC_Description>",CharID="Z",bLocked="false",Faction="Liandri",PreviewImageMarkup="<Images:XAN_UT3_MODEL.pix.UI_Portrait_Character_Xan_Male_Head01>",CharData=(FamilyID="IRNM",HeadID="Z",TorsoID="Z",ShoPadID="Z",bHasLeftShoPad=true,bHasRightShoPad=true,ArmsID="Z",ThighsID="Z",BootsID="Z"))
    Filefront:
    http://files.filefront.com/Xan+model.../fileinfo.html

http://www.mediafire.com/?bdd2xywyxym
    Last edited by EvilEngine; 12-22-2007 at 01:38 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I love you, in a completely proffesional way.

that looks ace keep up the good work

I love you, in a completely NON-professional way.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Cool, is it customizable?
    Necris fan! Bring on the Necris vehicles!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hi Evilengine, i'm very confident you can do it!

your work is always top notch quality!

I know you want to import the ut2004 skarrj on ut3 before you finish to make your own uber skarrj, and we are very thanksfull for them too! (in advance he he)

do you have many plan to import more Ut2004 characters? (ex: echanced /and/or vanilla Ophelia? (trenchcoat as piece or more "armor" suggestion, glasses etc)

btw good luck, but you don't need luck since you have the talent!
    Last edited by Daguer; 12-10-2007 at 08:50 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Mavado View Post
    Cool, is it customizable?
    It will be, yes. After I figure out the material instance issue, and how to get a properly working custom "family/faction" I will add more parts from other Xan bots. Right now, you can put on shoulderpads,boots and other parts from other characters on him but that looks a little wierd.

Green_Day_584

hell man... this is INCREDIBLE. can you make a simple, and easy tutorial on what u know?

there are a LOT of people who want to do this

MSgt. Shooter Person

Cool, can you import characters such as the Skarrj, Liandri Robots(Colbalt, Thorax, Renegade, Rapier, those guys.) and the Axon robots?( The guy like Xan.)

Can you just import everyone?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Any model can be imported into the game, but at the moment it's easier with models that are put together in sections like XAN. Full, one piece models are a mystery at the moment as you have to use your model thats seperated into several key pieces that get put back together by the game engine. I hope theres a way to import full models into the game without having to break them into pieces, because if not that would be a real limitation in creativity.
    Of course you can import full meshes into the engine, but you can't use them as bots or player models yet.
    As for a tutorial , I will make sure I pass everything I know as soon as I troubleshoot all the problems that come with the model making. I too want to see lots of new characters in the game, and hope more information gets released by someone at Epic because some stuff I'm doing is just hit and miss and wild guesses.
    Last edited by EvilEngine; 12-10-2007 at 09:05 PM.

Green_Day_584

... so i could make individual pieces of a new, custom character i wanted to make, then export them as .ase files into the UE 3 editor, then put in the respective animation files, and i have a working character?

it would be good if you could write a tutorial on doing this: example, how to place and export animation for each model, then the scripting involved, etc....

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Day_584 View Post
    ... so i could make individual pieces of a new, custom character i wanted to make, then export them as .ase files into the UE 3 editor, then put in the respective animation files, and i have a working character?

it would be good if you could write a tutorial on doing this: example, how to place and export animation for each model, then the scripting involved, etc....
    Actually you would have to bind the entire model to the Epic UT3 bipeds then use SKIN to attach each part of your model to certain bones. Then export in actorx each mesh piece(including the entire skeletal system per piece) this way the game engine can recombine all the parts and recreate your character like you have in your modeling program. I use 3dsmax, but I am sure that if a friend exported the skeletal system from the bipeds(becuase they are actually inside the character studio biped) maybe you can use any 3d modeling application to attach a mesh to each bone and export as a PSK.

Green_Day_584

no probs... (i think).

il have to chek out the Character Modelling vids from the 2k4 3d buzz tutorials

Redeemer

I'm not a fan of Xan so I won't be downloading this but, I will say that its cool that you brought it into UT3, and looks good too.
    MOBO: ASUS P5E WS Professional CPU: Intel Q6600 @3.7 ~ on air 42c avg VIDEO: EVGA 8800GTS 512MB @670/1940 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 2gig ~ 5-5-5-15 2.5vOS: Win XP Sp2 DX9.0C
    Home: Frogtown Hollow NJ Occupation: mending fences Interests: playing washtub bass, digital photography, mountain biking, hiking and watching NJ Devils hockey.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Emmet Otter View Post
    I'm not a fan of Xan so I won't be downloading this but, I will say that its cool that you brought it into UT3, and looks good too.
    I hated that evil killing machine... aka Xan. so thank you for re-making him! There is nothing better than facing an old foe and hopefully fragging him. Your work looks very good btw. I like your alien too.

MSgt. Shooter Person

....i think my heart finally started beating again xD

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Iron Guard

I'm happy to see you brought this guy back into the game and he looks great. I was really sad Epic hadn't included him and made Matrix something important, when Xan's always been the best. I can't wait to see all the customizations you add. You should do some of those Liandri Angels from U2 as well.
    Sinnthetika is pronounced: Synthetica

Bring back the War Machine skin from UT99!

Green_Day_584

WOO! WAR MACHINE FTW!

i always used to play as Matrix... he was LEGENDARY back then. looked sick as

Thumbs up OMG this means Big !

if Xan can back means you can bring back all UT2004's models to UT3 !!!
    I hope you make all of them from UT2004
    before Epic do ...
    Last edited by BuffyTheSlayer; 12-10-2007 at 11:15 PM.
    = Buffy The Jedi Knight =

MSgt. Shooter Person

I'm really looking foward to this.. Thank You!!!
    ~ If it was easy everyone would be doing it. ~
    Akimbo Expansion Pack Elite Machines XX HitSounds Show Damage
    DM-Backyard99 DM-Lan_Party

James O Bishop

MSgt. Shooter Person

Tensor FTW!!!!!!!!

and imma gonna dl this tomorrow <3

nice work!!!!!!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

And again a model worth downloading when it's finished.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Looks pretty good, even more UT99'ish, because it looks smaller than it does in Ut2004, and thats why i like it
    C2D E6750@1,2v, Gigabyte P35-DS4, 2x1024 MB Crucial Ballistix 4-4-4-12@1T, XFX 8800 GTS 640 @580/900
    #ut1 #ut1.duel #ut.303 #Deck16][ #ut.jolt #ut3.jolt @ irc.quakenet.org

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Reverse88

Hey EvilEngine, that looks badass ! you think you can import Sapphire to UT3? or atleast the head model
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/7476/lulzze5.jpg

MSgt. Shooter Person

here is my question..since only you will be able to see this character what will other people see? The default i suppose? If so is it possible to change the default representation via .ini files because id love a custom character, but i dont want to be just the "i dont give a crap what i look like" default guy to everyone else

MSgt. Shooter Person

people should be able to see it online

Veteran

Looking absolutely awesome. Really looking forward to have my favourite character in UT3.

May it be that the emissive problem has to do with the model not being fully detailed ingame but only in the selection screen?

Quote Originally Posted by b0b7h3r1pp3r View Post
    o yea and shouldnt this go in the models and skins forum section instead of the maps and mods section?
    No, because that is for questions about modelling and skinning. Not for beta releases of skins (hence the Skin icon of this thread).

MSgt. Shooter Person

This looks... unexpectedly fitting in the new engine, I'll surely add this to my install when it's done.

But did I hear right? custom models cannot be added as bots? If that's the case UT has taken a major step backward... half the fun I had in UT2k4 was fragging a zany cast of custom characters. :/

Custom player models can be seen by other players as long as they have the model too right?

Your models were a highlight for me in UT2k4 EvilEngine.
    Last edited by Alopex; 12-11-2007 at 09:23 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

i can has link?

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MD Contra

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix86 View Post
    i can has link?

English? You speaks?

MSgt. Shooter Person

ahhhhhhhh dang it made a drool mess

this awesome cant wait

P.s. were not worthy
    Last edited by Sharpshotoo7; 12-13-2007 at 08:32 PM.

Omg can ' t wait to play with this model !!!!!

Looks great EvilEngine

Could you use Cyclop/Virus's arms/legs for replacement parts...

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hickeroar

I'd love to see all the UT99 Soldier Warmachine skins brought in. This looks great though.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

MSgt. Shooter Person

For a 2004 model, it looks way too good! The lighting made it really fit in the game, I'm really looking forward to it!

Redeemer

Long time no see Double E. And yes, he looks blinging!
    -Jes- <3 Minecart!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EvilEngine View Post
    As for a tutorial , I will make sure I pass everything I know as soon as I troubleshoot all the problems that come with the model making. I too want to see lots of new characters in the game, and hope more information gets released by someone at Epic because some stuff I'm doing is just hit and miss and wild guesses.
    I completely agree. I would love to work on custom characters too, but I just don't have the time currently. When more information becomes available I'm all for firing up my modeling software and giving things a try.

Impressive work btw! I can't wait for the customizable Xan.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I DeM1Ze I

OMG This is how the models should have looked in UT3. Is there any way you can release a tutorial or a converter to convert skins over to UT3? If you could make this you would be a hero to all of us.
    I dont like the new current fat models. Just doesnt look good.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast