Iron Guard

Default Object class Created()

I note that the Created() function is now missing from the Object class in UT3.

Is there any replacement or do I have to resort to manually calling an Init function when instances are created?

I suppose there is also the auto state option but I have no idea if that is reliable to be called as an initialisation function.

The auto state is handled in Actor.SetInitialState(), which is called after PostBeginPlay(), so it's not available to non-Actor objects either. You will have to create and manually call your own initialization function.
    I guess the reason for Created() to be removed is that UE3 uses non-Actor objects a lot more than previous engine generations. Attempting to automatically call an UnrealScript event for every new object probably was a performance issue.
    Wormbo's UT/UT2004/UT3 mods | PlanetJailbreak | Unreal Wiki | Liandri Archives

<@Mych|Lockdown> ...and the award for the most creative spelling of "Jailbreak" goes to ... "Gandis Jealbrake Server"
    Note that your questions via PMs will be ignored if they actually belong in the forum.

Iron Guard

Thanks, that's fair enough