Thread: Gears of War II

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rezins Clipz

Default Gears of War II

I noticed on the forums everyone is writting threads on the "seriously" achievement,so I want to throw somthing different out there.Its probably been posted before,but I didn't catch it.I want to know what anyone thinks will be in or should be in GOW 2.Pls be as descriptive and imaginative as possible.

Banned

No achievements!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: j0hn0wnz

Seriously should be in No2 but they should fix the kill counters
    Fav COG : Dom
    Fav Locust : TheronSentinel, Drone
    Fav Maps : Gridlock - Subway - Escalation - Bullet Marsh
    Fav Weapons : Shotty, Boomshot, Torque
    Fav Quote : "Like Two Assholes On Their First Date"

I HAVE TEH HOST ADVANTAGE SMOKE GRENADE!

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: a m0rningstar

Well, since you are asking...

There should be achievements for team work. Sure, for GOW we have "Don't you die on me", but it would be cool to see more team work achievements as opposed to lone wolf ones.

I also think that if you do major damage to an enemy but your team mate ends up getting the kill, you should get the majority of the points.

Fix the hit detection - you shouldn't be able to down locusts with an AR sniper shot to the kneecap, or be able to run through enemies.

The Theron Guards cape is NOT part of their body and therefore should not be a damage spot.

There should be a minimum internet connection requirement. NO crappy connections allowed

Party system!!!

Fix the glitchy torque bow..

Keep the AR as it is...

Maybe one more game type

Fix the connection bars to accurately portray the host connection
    Last edited by Eternalnow; 12-07-2007 at 12:12 PM.
    Gushy, squishy, Gnasher gibbing fun

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jax Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Eternalnow View Post

There should be a minimum internet connection requirement. NO crappy connections allowed

What the bars should do is show the location of the host that way less quitters as you will know what to expect in terms of lag when you join a game

Infact there is no reason why they couldnt do that now

Banned

We'll we probably wont see a Gears of War 2 until after Unreal Engine 4 has been distrubuted which is still a far ways from now, then theres always a chance of there not being a sequel, although I dont think thats likely.

At anyrate one major thing I'd like to see in GoW2 would be clientside based netcode, this would fix all the bullet lag issues, with one red bar you would have barely if none hit delay. Many recent games have moved onto using this style of netcode, some examples would be, Quake Wars, Orange box, and Halo 3.

Banned

I think Seriously type achievements should be taken out. I does nothing but promote non-teamwork and makes people try and get the most kills rather than win. It should be achievements like (Win 1,000 matches) or something like that. Which would promote teamwork and a drive to win, not just rack up kills. Ya know?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Screw Gears Of War 2!!!!!!!!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bushdoct0r420

Quote Originally Posted by l33tm4ch1n3 View Post
    Screw Gears Of War 2!!!!!!!!
    dont come on the forums and say stupid crap like that

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ProfessUK

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
    At anyrate one major thing I'd like to see in GoW2 would be clientside based netcode, this would fix all the bullet lag issues, with one red bar you would have barely if none hit delay. Many recent games have moved onto using this style of netcode, some examples would be, Quake Wars, Orange box, and Halo 3.
    Client side has just as many problems as server-side with a host.

Sever-side dedicated is the way forwards.

a poor connection on client is an advantage. allows players to take you out after you drop into cover as your still out on their screens, and more importantly... in cover that much later the poorer their connection is.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by < Profess > View Post
    a poor connection on client is an advantage. allows players to take you out after you drop into cover as your still out on their screens, and more importantly... in cover that much later the poorer their connection is.
    Well let me be one to say that no matter the type of netcode, a slow connection is never really an advantage. While the player with a slow connection may be granted not having to lead with clientside netcode, in return he'll get countless anomalies such as dozens of unregisterd shots, multiple warping objects or players, and even sometimes completely invisible objects or players.

Personally I dont have that bad of a connection to whine about such a thing, but seeing as GoW has no dedicated server support, it becomes difficult to find a stable server for me. I would rather sacrafise having anomalies then having the terrible bullet lag within GoWs multiplayer.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: burrowingCoyote

there should definetly be gears of war 2. But id suggest that they dont do any multiplayer! the mp sucks in this game really bad. The campeign is where its at!

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: steeleyed

Quote Originally Posted by TUNDRA View Post
    I think Seriously type achievements should be taken out. I does nothing but promote non-teamwork and makes people try and get the most kills rather than win. It should be achievements like (Win 1,000 matches) or something like that. Which would promote teamwork and a drive to win, not just rack up kills. Ya know?

I agree. In team-based games, (like GoW), there should be more achievement emphasis on teamwork.
    There are no "cheap" kills. It's your skill that's lacking when I pistol-whip, chainsaw, or frag tag yer ass. Suck it up and stop crying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brettmeister View Post
    We? As in you and all the other people that were thrown on the ground as babies?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: steeleyed

Quote Originally Posted by NewPCGamer View Post
    there should definetly be gears of war 2. But id suggest that they dont do any multiplayer! the mp sucks in this game really bad. The campeign is where its at!
    If they tighten up the netcode and use client-side hit detection, would you still think that "the mp sucks"?

Imo, the root of all b1tching about GoW mp is the damnable bullet-lag, (caused by host-side hit detection and sloppy netcode - which causes packet loss).
    There are no "cheap" kills. It's your skill that's lacking when I pistol-whip, chainsaw, or frag tag yer ass. Suck it up and stop crying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brettmeister View Post
    We? As in you and all the other people that were thrown on the ground as babies?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Bushdoct0r420 View Post
    dont come on the forums and say stupid crap like that
    Uhmm, if you cant say stupid crap then whats the point of having a forum? Screw Gears of War 2 is my opinion on Gears of War 2. Its not stupid, its my opinion. You can have yours, let me have mine.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: burrowingCoyote

Quote Originally Posted by shades_of_grey View Post
    If they tighten up the netcode and use client-side hit detection, would you still think that "the mp sucks"?

Imo, the root of all b1tching about GoW mp is the damnable bullet-lag, (caused by host-side hit detection and sloppy netcode - which causes packet loss).
    yea i guess. and as long there are no MP achievements. i think COD4 did it right. with no MP achievements you dont get people boosting or glitching.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bushdoct0r420

Quote Originally Posted by l33tm4ch1n3 View Post
    Uhmm, if you cant say stupid crap then whats the point of having a forum? Screw Gears of War 2 is my opinion on Gears of War 2. Its not stupid, its my opinion. You can have yours, let me have mine.
    if thats your opinion then its an uneducated opinion and also one of like, let me think, one opinion which it counts about as much as one vote(that means it doesnt matter)

MSgt. Shooter Person

mark your calenders for the release of gears of war two coming emergence day 2008. still a long time to wait but its all good.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Bushdoct0r420 View Post
    if thats your opinion then its an uneducated opinion and also one of like, let me think, one opinion which it counts about as much as one vote(that means it doesnt matter)
    Uneducated? Why do you say that? Ive played the hell out of Gears 1 and I hate it now. I dont want a GOW 2. No my opinion isnt going to stop it from happening, its just how I feel. If Im the only one who feels this way I dont care, its not going to change my opinion and I wont buy it when it comes out. Im not trying to stop it from coming out though so it really doesnt matter that my opinion doesnt matter. And obviously my opinion matters to you otherwise you would not have commented on it.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ProfessUK

So a better way to thraze it would of been,

'I'm not going to play GearsofWar2'

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eternalnow View Post
    That shouldn't just be in Gears of War 2, that should also be in Gears of War 1. I wouldn't mind ppl having host powers as much if my connection wasnt bad. The connection bars mean absolutely nothing. I join only games with grey bars and I always end up with some laggy ass connection with some host from the UK (no offense to ppl from the UK, you know how the connection sucks when you join a game with a host from the U.S.) If you're going to create something that shows how good your connection is to the host, at least make it remotely accurate unlike the garbage it is now.