Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

MSgt. Shooter Person

Game Type (PC) Galtanor's Invasion [Beta][Pics][Updated 10/26/2008][v022][Patch 1.3]

INVASION!
    Defend against hordes of invading monsters!

Name: Galtanor's Invasion
    Version: Version 022 - Beta
    Compatibility: UT3 with Patch 1.3
    Description: GameType - Defend against waves of invading monsters
    Comments: This is a work in progress...

Screenshots: http://picasaweb.google.com/Galtanor...tanorsInvasion
    Credits: Me, Epic, Davision, Fraeger, Satore for the original monster pack for UT2K4, CodeSlave for generously hosting the website

Homepage: http://invasion.sudreal.org
    Forums: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=593

Download: FileFront
    Alt Download: MediaFire

Version Notes are now posted in the thread and on the website.

Monster Add-Ons
    [URL="http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=181297']Davision's Monsters[/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=181298']Fraeger's Monsters[/URL]

[COLOR="Red"]Where Do I Put The Files?[/COLOR]
    http://invasion.sudreal.org/index.ph...t_The_Files%3F

How Do I Enable Map Voting?
    http://invasion.sudreal.org/index.ph..._Map_Voting%3F

Active Server List
    There are now several servers that show up as 'custom' servers. PM me if you want me to list your server here.

"#1 UT3 Invasion BattleRPG"
    Hosted By: BattleMod
    IP/Port: 79.99.24.9:8888
    URL: http://bigbattleservers.com/server.php?id=25
    Note: Running latest version of Galtanors Invasion supported by BattleRPG

Cyzmyass' Public Invasion Server
    Hosted By: Cyzmyass
    IP/Port: 217.163.30.20:7777
    URL:
    Note: This public server will be for normal weapons, it uses sentinel mutator that allows players to build gun turrets on the map which they get to upgrade during the game.

Slaughter's Place BattleRPG Invasion | slaughtersplace.com
    Hosted By: Slaughter
    IP/Port: 64.37.73.212
    URL: http://slaughtersplace.com/
    Note: Running latest version of Galtanors Invasion supported by BattleRPG

DAWGA UT3 Invasion
    Hosted By: bushbomb
    IP/Port: 66.192.99.198:8888
    URL: http://www.DAWGA.com
    Note: Always running the latest

SCreenshots!

Last edited by Galtanor; 10-27-2008 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Screenshots!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gah! XBox! :X

Umm... The is no ini => can't see in menus.
    Fix please.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Sorry... its been fixed.
    Extract to your "C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3" folder...

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hm! Seems promising! Looks good so far from the pics, will test when I get home.
    Wishing you a fine day,
    -XCase
    Don't mind me, i'm just sitting here....

Redeemer

Nice start on Invasion.

When you have been defeated, the game doesnt start over it just sits there doing nothing.
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Taboen View Post
    Nice start on Invasion.

When you have been defeated, the game doesnt start over it just sits there doing nothing.
    Ok, I thought I had that fixed... I will take a look at it as soon as I get home from work.

MSgt. Shooter Person

i love you

thank you so much for this

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gah! XBox! :X

Great job, dude!
    But i have 2 things to complain:
    1 - "You've won the match" message when game is over
    2 - "Rocket scientis" name instead of scientist.

And maybe add some more colors?
    Flack is IronGuard(they're yellow)
    Rocket is Ronin (they're red)
    Headhunter could be skeletons and hammer krall is nice

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by DS3 View Post

Copy from README.txt:
    Rocket Scientis - Slow, carries a rocket launcher (yes, its missing the 't' off the end of the name. appearently its too long, but I liked it =P )

By the way, great job Galtanor!
    Last edited by ExTerminat0r; 12-05-2007 at 11:01 AM.

Thumbs up omg yay !!!

Epic please pay him and help this mod
    thank you !
    = Buffy The Jedi Knight =

nice job on this!

Question though, if I want to host it on my 32 slot server, how do I do this?

I have also noticed some issues with the lizards not attacking. Even if you shoot them they ignore you. I have also seen them get stuck in a repetative loop, mostly involving jump pads. They get on a jump pad, and as soon as they land they run right back to it. I have only noticed either of these with the lizards, and not with the skeletons. Kinda weird.

Also, with the addition of server history/favorites in patch 1.1, the Sudreal server with this mod does not show up in game history. Not sure if this is an issue with the mod or the server, so if anyone else is noticing this issue please speak up.

Anywho, keep up the good work

EDIT: Just found out why it doesn't show up in game history. If you join a server by using the open command it will not be added to your history. Also, it stores server favorites by a unique server id, and not ip :/
    Last edited by harrier_rada; 12-12-2007 at 07:40 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Just an idea about the announcements: couldn't you use the announcements from UT2004?

Banned

nice interface and nice work so far.
    The monsters sometimes looks like they get kinda stuck in specific spots, appart from that i must congratulate you, you have done a very good job so far.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Tiberium and mantasoul,

I think I know what the problem is... although the Epic's cryptic message did not help much

If I get everything wrapped up, I will have a new version out tomorrow that will be fixed.

MSgt. Shooter Person

THANK YOU!

This was my favourite game mode of them all on UT2004 and it disappointed me so much that they left it out of UT3. I really hope you guys keep working on this until it's as good if not better than it was in 2004. Big thanks for your work

Iron Guard

Great mod, its a lot of fun. Though its a bit hard without battle RPG.
    I cant wait to play against my rodent monster.

Banned

hi where can i get the skeloton model

MSgt. Shooter Person

If I can make a request, would it be possible to make an option for insta-Invasion so it takes more than one shot to kill some of the bigger monsters?

Yes, I know insta-Invasion can be a lot of fun as it is, I've played enough of it but I do find it a bit lame that a few bugs can be more cause for alarm than load of warlords. A configurable option at an early stage of mod development can only be a good thing right?

Skaarj
    Svabia, Bavaria, Germany, Europe, Earth, 2nd on left^^

even the mods make the game worth buying!

great thing, m8!
    member of the [COJOT] Clan for Medieval 2: Total War

MSgt. Shooter Person

Everytime i select your mod in the filter, it only shows Deathmatch servers. Why?

He mentions in the worklog that it only works with DM maps, next build might have CTF and WAR map additions.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default [Updated] [Bug Fix] [Feature Added]

I have uploaded a new version to FileFront. (Same Link) The new zip file is GaltanorsInvasion001.zip. All the files in it are named the same, just overwrite the old ones.

A couple of notes:
    . I renamed some of the varibles to be more consistant with the internal format. If you have customized the wave manager ini file, I'm sorry, you will need to redo it. (Hopefully I will not need to do this again.)
    . I have (hopefully) fixed the game ending bug.
    . You now have the option to override the default health value of any of the monsters.
    For each of the monsters, there is an entry in the Monster Manager that looks like this:

MonsterTable=(ClassName="GaltanorsInvasion.Monster HammerKrall",HeathModify=Modify_None,HealthValue=0 .0)

You can change the HealthModify value to tell the game to override the health. Valid values are:
    - Modify_None - Does not change the default health
    - Modify_OverRide - Overrides the default health with a completely new value, specified in the HealthValue varible
    - Modify_Multiply - Multiplies the default health of the monster with the value specified in the HealthValue varible
    For example, to set the health of the Rocket Scientist to 1000, use this line:

MonsterTable=(ClassName="GaltanorsInvasion.Monster RocketScientist",HeathModify=Modify_OverRide,Healt hValue=1000.0)

Quote Originally Posted by Taboen View Post
    Nice start on Invasion.

Fixed: Its possible you were just seeing a long delay before the score page came up. I have shortened it and added it as a configuration option.

Quote Originally Posted by DS3 View Post
    Great job, dude!
    But i have 2 things to complain:
    1 - "You've won the match" message when game is over

And maybe add some more colors?
    Flack is IronGuard(they're yellow)
    Rocket is Ronin (they're red)
    Headhunter could be skeletons and hammer krall is nice
    1 - Yes, I have yet to customize the Win/Lose messages.
    2 - Yes, the name is too long. The game itself cuts of the last character... I thought it was funny, so I left it as it is.

Just to clarify, are you asking me to retexture the skeletons to be different colors based on their weapon? If so, I will have to see if this is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by eriFlleH View Post
    nice job on this!

Question though, if I want to host it on my 32 slot server, how do I do this?
    I do not have much experience running servers for Unreal. It would probably work to specify it on the command line, by replacing the ?game=UTGame.UTTeamGame with ?game=GaltanorsInvasion.GaltanorsInvasion

Quote Originally Posted by Giblet View Post
    If I can make a request, would it be possible to make an option for insta-Invasion so it takes more than one shot to kill some of the bigger monsters?

Yes, I know insta-Invasion can be a lot of fun as it is, I've played enough of it but I do find it a bit lame that a few bugs can be more cause for alarm than load of warlords. A configurable option at an early stage of mod development can only be a good thing right?
    Done: There is never such a thing as too many options! =P

Quote Originally Posted by Raze.at View Post
    Everytime i select your mod in the filter, it only shows Deathmatch servers. Why?
    Yes... I am currently using a modified version of the default Bot AI. (I subclassed all the TeamAI, SquadAI, and UTBot classes.) There are a number of problems with using them for monster AI in a non-DM level... They still try to complete 'objectives' (taking over nodes, carrying orbs, etc.) It will take me a little while to clean out that part of the AI. It is in the works tho =P

I will be very busy the next 2 days, but should be able work on this on Saturday. Have fun!

Thanks for your work on this, I'm sure many people will appreciate it.

In the interest of not typing the same thing over and over again, I am going to quote a post I made on another forum:

Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I suppose I'll start things off here with some thoughts on Invasion.

I enjoyed stock Invasion as a break from the fast paced regular UT gameplay. Instead of being a competitive, and sometimes frustrating fragfest, it offered the opportunity to work cooperatively with other players to wipe out rather simple AI opponents.

The addition of RPG to Invasion made it very cool, but it also introduced a lot of problems which I think need to be addressed if plans are to go forward with creating an "Invasion" gametype for UT3.

I think in the interests of improving "Invasion" for UT3, it's important to look at Monster Hunt for the original UT. Monster Hunt was the predecessor to Invasion, and in many ways superior to it. The only significant disadvantage that MH had compared to Invasion was that it actually required its own maps, thus it didn't come with a huge number of built in maps that were at least playable. Realistically, though, many maps were completely unsuitable for Invasion, and others required editing to support the playercounts and gameplay requirements of a typical Invasion server.

Changing playercounts and pickups in a map is trivial, though, and were a MonsterHunt like system created, it would be rather trivial to recreate Invasion by placing monster factories throughout levels (or, better, have an option to automatically spawn monsters if none exist in the map) while adjusting the other elements of levels.

What MonsterHunt brings to the table is simple: MonsterHunt allows mappers to control what sort of enemies are spawned, where, when they spawn and how many, and set an end conditions for the map. These are relatively small differences, but they make a world of difference.

-A good invasion game is like playing DM-Generic, yet again, except this time only with monsters rather than people.
    -A good Monster Hunt game places you on the cliffs of Na Pali, where you are attacked by Skaarj soldiers facing off against you on a nearby cliff. You have few weapons, so you must take cover and make your way across rickety platforms to attack them. Once you defeat the soldiers you proceed forward and see an abandoned Nali castle -- And you just got your head sniped off by Skaarj snipers in the towers. Your teammates take out the snipers, but there is no way through the gate. You must enter a nearby cave to destroy the counterweights keeping the portcullis closed. Once the gate is open, you pass through the castle and see a gondola which takes you from cliff-level to the ground. You ride the gondola down and are presented with a Nali NPC who instructs you to find the three crystals he needs to open a gate ...Etc,etc... Eventually you come across the Skaarj Lord who is the boss of the level, and once your entire team has pummelled him for 5 minutes and his 50,000 HP is worn down, you have completed the level and go on to the next (which could even be a "sequel").*

*Note, this is written up from memories of real Monster Hunt levels. It is not fictionalized, though it has been a few years since I played it.

By allowing mappers to control spawning of monsters, mappers can control both the flavor and the gameplay of their level. If I have a level in a Liandri factory, I may want robot opponents exclusively to attack you. If I have a level in a Necris stronghold, I may want exclusively Necris opponents to attack you. I can set up scenarios where players must defend a position against oncoming enemies, or where players must attack entrenched enemies, or situations where players must complete other objectives while under fire. Monster Hunt challenges need not even be based on combat. Many Japanese Monster Hunt maps played more like platformers, requiring skillful jumping challenges to proceed in levels. In the example I gave above, opening the portcullis was a [simple] puzzle, but more complex ones can also be made.

Just a short time ago on these forums I saw mention of including extremely hard enemies in Invasion, but because, by default, Invasion has such rudimentary controls, this isn't really a good idea. Monster Hunt, because it allows mappers to have control over how many enemies may appear, allows you to have those boss fights against one or a few really tough enemies that can withstand sustained fire from twenty people simultaneously.

Anyway, that's enough typing for me. I hope those of you who are looking into bringing Invasion back will take the time to consider the huge benefit of looking into bringing back these sorts of elements for UT3.

MSgt. Shooter Person

great job man! i sent you a PM
    New Mods: UT2k4+ Movement Mutator
    Old and Abandoned: DM-Bloodlines [Beta 1.3] [Updated 16 aug/09] | Mercenary Mutator [Goal-Based DeathMatch]

Redeemer

I am making a mod aswell to my question is, how do I make it show only servers running my mod in the server browser? Right now it shows all servers.
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kmt fux xbox

WOW Pwnt. very good. and good for a beta too. GJ!

Palace Guard

Nice start. Now all we need is more monsters.
    "Yes, BattleFront 2 looks cool. However, the ability to capture a command post is insignificant next to the power to capture an entire planet."

Avid supporter of RuneStorms "Ballistic Weapons" mod.

Project Leader of UT3Dom (Domination).

the ?game=GaltanorsInvasion.GaltanorsInvasion worked, however it does't seem to accept the map rotation or voting settings and some of the monsters (the lizard ones, whatever they are) don't attack, just the skellies do.

Nice work on this so far, it has a lot of potential!

Thumbs up I cant wait for more monster is coming

took some ingame screenshot
    both monster attack for me
    we need "Rader"
    can you make Skull's player model version too?
    they are coming !!!
    Last edited by BuffyTheSlayer; 12-09-2007 at 07:47 AM.
    = Buffy The Jedi Knight =

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
    Nice start. Now all we need is more monsters.
    I agree. Great Start and more monsters
    MOBO: ASUS P5E WS Professional CPU: Intel Q6600 @3.7 ~ on air 42c avg VIDEO: EVGA 8800GTS 512MB @670/1940 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 2gig ~ 5-5-5-15 2.5vOS: Win XP Sp2 DX9.0C
    Home: Frogtown Hollow NJ Occupation: mending fences Interests: playing washtub bass, digital photography, mountain biking, hiking and watching NJ Devils hockey.

very cool mod this mod i gonna love im pretty sure of

Great job Love the mod

Marrow Fiend

this is a gametype i need, we made a custom version of it for our UT2004 mod, it would be great if we could use/borrow with credit given of coarse, any way good job so far i'll keep watching
    UT40K:The Chosen - Warhammer 40,000 for UDK
    ut40kgeodav - UE4 Tutorials
    UT3 Tutorials - Characters - Weapons - Vehicles - FaceFX
    UDK Tutorials - Basics - Vehicles - Characters - Weapons

MSgt. Shooter Person

i try to make a server and all people enter in spec and i close the spec slot

i dont know whats append

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thumbs up

Good work on the Mod dude. I hope Epic picks up on the interest of this Mod.
    Confucius one said: STFU and GTFO

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire

My Setup: Intel P4 3.0 GHz, Win XP SP2, 1.5 Gb of RAM, PNY NVidia 7600 GS 512 MB RAM AGP

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thank yo for this mod

MSgt. Shooter Person

upload to another site please filefront links dosent work for me for some rason

Palace Guard

Giant Krall skull & Gaint Human SKull monster!

And zombies, we need zombies!
    "Yes, BattleFront 2 looks cool. However, the ability to capture a command post is insignificant next to the power to capture an entire planet."

Avid supporter of RuneStorms "Ballistic Weapons" mod.

Project Leader of UT3Dom (Domination).

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast