MAP-CTF CTF_Ender [Beta3] [Pics] [Updated (once)]

Ok, I am releasing an update !
    Changes:

1. Greatly improved the botpathing -- its better, but I'll continue working on it.
    2. You can now swim in space !! although I don't suggest it, its open space, not too conducive to the whole "living" thing

Things to still do:
    1. Add objects to the middle
    2. New routes, tunnels, I'll think of something...
    3. Find a way to NOT die when you translocate from one safe area to another through space...

NEW DOWNLOAD

Ok, so this is my first map, for anything, ever. I definitely want to get better so please criticize (preferably constructively )

1. Name: CTF_Ender
    2. Version: Beta2
    3. Compatibility: UT3 v1.1 (no reason it shouldn't work under 1.0)
    4. Description: Two bases with a zero-gravity space area in the middle. Fairly simple
    5. Comments: Things to do:
    1. Improve bot pathing (its horrid atm)
    2. Add objects to the middle space (to allow for cover, etc.)
    3. Add more routes to flags to improve playability
    4. Any suggestions welcome !
    6. Screenshots: All on this page : CTF_Ender_Beta2
    7. Credits: Myself, and Epic
    8. Homepage:http://raven42.googlepages.com/raven42
    9. Download: Right Here
    Last edited by Raven42; 12-03-2007 at 02:49 PM.

Redeemer

Wow, really original design. I doubt it will work for iCTF but who cares! Looking forward to following the development of this one.
    bN\Grim
    beNighted old school UT2k3/4 iCTF clan back in UT3
    #benighted @ Quakenet
    benighted.se

MSgt. Shooter Person

That's a pretty cool map. Although you're right about the bot paths... Only one bot made it to the enemy's base during the whole game and that took him 9 minutes. Other than that, great work.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Interresting look :>

Banned

Very interesting Design!

Have you Though aborting additional corridors coming out of the sides? Like this:

Last edited by revel911; 12-02-2007 at 08:17 PM.

Iron Guard

This looks like it's based on the battle rooms in Ender's Game, hence the name of your map, right? If so, I'm curious as to why you made it a cylinder and not a rectangular prism/cube

Enders Game?
    that would be really fun if someone could pull off a battle room from enders game (if that's what you're trying to do) Goodluck man
    ill look at it and get back to you.
    Some say he isn't machine washable, and all his potted plants are called Steve... all we know is, he's called the Stig.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Sweet! Ender ftw! But yeah, this map is def not done but from wht you say you will do it seems like your on the right track. My suggestion for the middle part is to just put blocks or spheres of varying sizes in it, its wht was in Ender's Game and it sounds logical. It also looks like you need multiple paths to each base since teams could easily bottleneck any attacker from getting the flag. Maybe tubes coming out of the ends?
    ASUS Mobo, 2 gigs RAM
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 CPU
    GeForce 8800GT
    Windows Vista

MSgt. Shooter Person

Very nice map , haha

Looks nice and only thing i can add is for ictf this map will be hard to cap on if the only entrance to the bases remains the same. Will end up a serious bottle neck so maybe other routes out of and into the bases might make it more balanced for ictf.

SCM

Redeemer

When you fall down it takes ages for you to die. Put a lavazone under the map so falling doesnt take that long.
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.

Iron Guard

nice original concept but i kept falling through the lazer walls alot this is really annoying. Some of the walls block you but not all of them, all of them should apart from maby the middle zone. Very crampt gameplay...good if you like that kind of thing i guess. I'd say add some side routes. Also returning with the flag (if u make it that far) is painfully slow, increase movement speed in the middle.

Lighting is a bit flat atm, add some contrast. Otherwise looks nice.

Thanks for the tips everyone, keep them coming.

Johnny, I hadn't considered the lighting too much, I'll work on that one for sure.

MSgt. Shooter Person

BUMP ! @Raven 42: Whats going on with your interesting Map ? Have you cancelled the project ?

Whoo hoo! Ender's Game!

I always try to get my usernames to Ender, but if it is taken, I use Gameslaya instead.

It's nice that my favorite handle has inspired a map.

I havn't forgotten, just been distracted lately.... sorry. I'll get back to work on Ender when I get back to school. Women, my friends, are the bane of progress.

Banned

This in amazing concept, quite original.
    Perhaps add a new path and possibility of cover (objects)?

Is the middle area slowmo?
    PS3 version incoming?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Harmatia

Quote Originally Posted by Raven42 View Post
    I havn't forgotten, just been distracted lately.... sorry. I'll get back to work on Ender when I get back to school. Women, my friends, are the bane of progress.
    In that case, you are forgiven. =)

Downloading now.
    | Asus M2N32 590 Sli | AMD x2 6400+| XFX Geforce 8800 GTS 640; core:658, memory:960, shader: 1414| 2 GB Corsair XMS DDR2 6400| (*useless) Physx by Ageia | Creative Xi-fi Xtremegamer | Samsung 2232GW 22" WS |