Iron Guard

MUTATOR BattleMOD V4 now with PPH

This mutator enhances the scoreboard by adding PPH and Deaths to it. This mutator also
    allows you to tune some aspects of UT3 like hoverboard speed, weapon switching speed,
    fire rate of weapons, walking speed, extra starting health, extra high jumping
    and max ammo. Everything is fully configurable so you can pick and choose
    which settings you want to use.

Changes V3 -> V4
    Upgraded the mutator from UT3 1.00 to UT3 1.01.
    Added PPH to the scoreboards.
    Added Deaths to the Warfare, CTF, VCTF and Team Deathmatch scoreboards.

Download: http://www.onsrpg.com/ut3mods.php (includes instructions and sourcecode).

MSgt. Shooter Person

Awesome just awesome! : D
    Thanks for this, I'll be sure to use it.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Draftmeat

Good job!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

For future releases I'd love to see vehicle tweaks.
    (i.e Hellbender health/turret damage)

Also, I recommend using a different versioning format.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Softwar...ioning#Numeric
    So that you won't be on version 20, with only a few differences from version 4.

Redeemer

nice, post it all over the forums, so epic notices and uses that in the patch great work man
    The Ultimate Unreal resource...Unreal Central!!
    Video Card: HD ATI 5777 Pro | 6GB of RAM DDR3 1066mhz | 24" BenQ Monitor | Intel i7 930 2.8GHz

ZOMG COOK FOR PS3?

Redeemer

When I tweak the ini file, usually after the 1st kill or my death sets all the values by default during instant action. Very annoying. I also use the slow kill mutator so I dont know if that maybe causing it.
    MOBO: ASUS P5E WS Professional CPU: Intel Q6600 @3.7 ~ on air 42c avg VIDEO: EVGA 8800GTS 512MB @670/1940 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 2gig ~ 5-5-5-15 2.5vOS: Win XP Sp2 DX9.0C
    Home: Frogtown Hollow NJ Occupation: mending fences Interests: playing washtub bass, digital photography, mountain biking, hiking and watching NJ Devils hockey.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Kurosawa View Post
    For future releases I'd love to see vehicle tweaks. (i.e Hellbender health/turret damage)
    I will do some research on this. The current BattleMOD already allows you to tweak hoverboard speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Kurosawa View Post
    Also, I recommend using a different versioning format. So that you won't be on version 20, with only a few differences from version 4.
    I am aware of the usual 4.7 format, but I prefer V4 etc. instead.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Emmet Otter View Post
    When I tweak the ini file, usually after the 1st kill or my death sets all the values by default during instant action. Very annoying.
    That is not standard behavior. Did you use the INI as included in the ZIP without removing anything? Please note you need UT3 1.01 for this version. For UT3 1.00 you can use BattleMOD V3 instead.

I also use the slow kill mutator so I dont know if that maybe causing it.
    Seems unlikely, since BattleMOD has it's own private INI file.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Can i see deaths/pph without adding this mutator to list? in every game in scoreboard.

Redeemer

Yes, I do have the patch 1.01. I did place the files accordinly to their proper folders and no luck. I even tried to set the ini as a read only but it still changes during my first death or first kill.
    MOBO: ASUS P5E WS Professional CPU: Intel Q6600 @3.7 ~ on air 42c avg VIDEO: EVGA 8800GTS 512MB @670/1940 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 2gig ~ 5-5-5-15 2.5vOS: Win XP Sp2 DX9.0C
    Home: Frogtown Hollow NJ Occupation: mending fences Interests: playing washtub bass, digital photography, mountain biking, hiking and watching NJ Devils hockey.

Iron Guard

Yes, I do have the patch 1.01. I did place the files accordingly to their proper folders and no luck. I even tried to set the ini as a read only but it still changes during my first death or first kill.
    Very strange. Does the problem disappear if you use only the BattleMOD mutator, and not any other mutators?

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by *Snoopy* View Post
    Can i see deaths/pph without adding this mutator to list? in every game in scoreboard.
    The mutator adds the deaths/pph so you really have to load it for that. Everything is configurable so if you just want to have pph/deaths but none of the other features then this is possible.

Palace Guard

Not to sound stupid, but what doe the PPH stand for?
    "Yes, BattleFront 2 looks cool. However, the ability to capture a command post is insignificant next to the power to capture an entire planet."

Avid supporter of RuneStorms "Ballistic Weapons" mod.

Project Leader of UT3Dom (Domination).

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
    Not to sound stupid, but what doe the PPH stand for?
    points per hour
    The Ultimate Unreal resource...Unreal Central!!
    Video Card: HD ATI 5777 Pro | 6GB of RAM DDR3 1066mhz | 24" BenQ Monitor | Intel i7 930 2.8GHz

ZOMG COOK FOR PS3?

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by BattleMode View Post
    Very strange. Does the problem disappear if you use only the BattleMOD mutator, and not any other mutators?
    I just played a few rounds of Duel and DM instant action. The first few rounds I just played with your mutator with the modifications that I like and everything played well. My preffered settings:
    CfgCheckConfig=DO NOT REMOVE THIS!
    CfgGameSpeedMultiplier=0.700000
    CfgWeaponSpeedMultiplier=0.000000
    CfgWeaponSwitchSpeedMultiplier=1.500000
    CfgHoverVehicleSpeedMultiplier=0.000000
    CfgWalkingSpeedMultiplier=0.000000
    CfgHealthMultiplier=0.000000
    CfgJumpMultiplier=0.500000
    CfgbMaxAmmo=False

Then I later I put in the Slow Kill Time mutator together with yours. Then after the 1st kill, all the settings on your mutator reverted back. Then when I leave the game and look into your ini, it then looks like this:
    CfgWeaponSpeedMultiplier=1.500000
    CfgHoverVehicleSpeedMultiplier=1.500000
    CfgWalkingSpeedMultiplier=1.500000
    CfgHealthMultiplier=1.500000
    CfgJumpMultiplier=1.500000
    CfgbMaxAmmo=False

So I think its your mutator in conflict with the slo kill mut.

Iron Guard

I just played a few rounds of Duel and DM instant action. The first few rounds I just played with your mutator with the modifications that I like and everything played well. My preffered settings:
    CfgWeaponSpeedMultiplier=0.000000
    CfgHoverVehicleSpeedMultiplier=0.000000
    CfgWalkingSpeedMultiplier=0.000000
    CfgHealthMultiplier=0.000000
    CfgJumpMultiplier=0.500000
    CfgbMaxAmmo=False

Then I later I put in the Slow Kill Time mutator together with yours. Then after the 1st kill, all the settings on your mutator reverted back. Then when I leave the game and look into your ini, it then looks like this:
    CfgWeaponSpeedMultiplier=1.500000
    CfgHoverVehicleSpeedMultiplier=1.500000
    CfgWalkingSpeedMultiplier=1.500000
    CfgHealthMultiplier=1.500000
    CfgJumpMultiplier=1.500000
    CfgbMaxAmmo=False

So I think its your mutator in conflict with the slo kill mut.
    Ah I think I understand what is happening now. It is probably not a conflict with another mutator. 0.000000 is not a valid value (it's a multiplier, when you multiply something with 0 it becomes 0). BattleMOD automatically corrects this invalid value by replacing it with the default value, I programmed it this way on purpose to prevent problems with wrong settings. You probably want to use 1.0 (not 0.0) if you want the standard speed for a certain setting.

Redeemer

Ah, ok! Thanks. It plays fine now and doesnt revert the settings.

But, there still is an unusual problem. Try my settings below and go into instant action with the slow time kill mutator together and see what happens from the start of the game til when you get your first kill.
    For me, It starts off really slooow then after the first kill, everything falls fine into place. very wierd.

Here's my new settings:

CfgWeaponSpeedMultiplier=1.000000
    CfgHoverVehicleSpeedMultiplier=1.000000
    CfgWalkingSpeedMultiplier=1.000000
    CfgHealthMultiplier=1.000000
    CfgJumpMultiplier=1.200000
    CfgbMaxAmmo=False

Iron Guard

Ah, ok! Thanks. It plays fine now and doesnt revert the settings.
    Perfect! I will put some more information in the manual.

But, there still is an unusual problem. Try my settings below and go into instant action with the slow time kill mutator together and see what happens from the start of the game til when you get your first kill.
    For me, It starts off really slooow then after the first kill, everything falls fine into place. very wierd.
    I assume you are using the Slomo mutator that is included in the game. I looked at the source code of that mutator (UTMutator_Slomo.uc) and it seems to be identical to CfgGameSpeedMultiplier=0.8 (both mutators alter the gamespeed). So if you use that setting you do not need the Slomo mutator and they will not conflict with each other.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Ok i have a question...can you configure ANY mutators in ut3 yet? I cant seem to edit any of them without being told "this mutator cannot be configured"?!

I take it I have to go with the INI settings...using 1.01. I wonder when another proper patch will come, still 1.01 is a vast improvement.

Good mutator on default so far lol
    "If the road is easy, the destination is worthless"
    Quote Originally Posted by choel View Post
    Recommended player count is 0.
    http://dawnoffantasy.com/ SUPPORT IT!!

can u add also "kills" number? cos it's usually different from "score" number

would be nice to have also "efficency" stat for instagib games

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by †TYRANICK†™ View Post
    Ok i have a question...can you configure ANY mutators in ut3 yet? I cant seem to edit any of them without being told "this mutator cannot be configured"?!
    This should be possible but I did not (yet) do that with this mutator. I think I will wait for the patch which will add the webadmin before I look into that because otherwise I will probably have to do it twice. In the meantime it is good old fashioned INI editing.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by poe View Post
    can u add also "kills" number? cos it's usually different from "score" number would be nice to have also "efficency" stat for instagib games
    I will look into this. Not sure if everything needed for this is recorded by the game engine.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Great!!! Thanks man