Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person

MUTATOR Überboard (Hoverboard Mutator) [Pics & Download] [NEW Release]

Name:
    Überboard
    Version:
    Description:
    Modifies the Hoverboard and lets you use it on all maps. Players on an Überboard can tow behind other Überboards and take more hits before falling off. The Überboard is also slightly faster than a regular Hoverboard.
    Credits:
    Based on the existing UTVehicle_Hoverboard from Epic
    Download:
    v0.2 on Filefront

Note to mirrors/repackagers: Please include the readme file and note any changes!
    Screens:

Please let me know your ideas & any issues you have with the Überboard!

Note: There is a problem with the PS3 cooks that have mutator menus. You can find a version without the menu in this thread.

Release notes:
    • Mutator config screen.
    • I probably fixed the bot translocator problem, so keep an eye out if some bot starts teleporting and report back.

Coming up next release:
    • configurable ways for 'board riders to deal damage!
    Last edited by chameleon; 03-11-2008 at 01:09 PM. Reason: new release!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

gonna try soon, looks good

Boomshot

Very cool.
    DuelRemove v2 (fixed) // UT3 Wishlist

"I am certain there is too much certainty in the world" - Michael Crichton

MSgt. Shooter Person

Once I get more of my machines up and running with UT3 my brother and I will be taking some crazy screenshots of chained up 'boards. It should be possible to tow an entire team behind a fast vehicle, haha.

Banned

Uhh published is not in the mygmaes/ut3 folder thing

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vipes View Post
    Uhh published is not in the mygmaes/ut3 folder thing
    Just make sure you extract to "My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame". Published might not be there at first - just create it if it isn't there (the zip extract should do this automatically).

Palace Guard

Finally, i can't wait for this to be finished, i love the hoverboard!
    "Yes, BattleFront 2 looks cool. However, the ability to capture a command post is insignificant next to the power to capture an entire planet."

Avid supporter of RuneStorms "Ballistic Weapons" mod.

Project Leader of UT3Dom (Domination).

MSgt. Shooter Person

Nice. : D

You should add an option to remove the damage you get while latched to an allied vehicle that's moving to fast (ramming you into walls).

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Kurosawa View Post
    Nice. : D

You should add an option to remove the damage you get while latched to an allied vehicle that's moving to fast (ramming you into walls).
    I was actually playing around with the collision response junk a while ago. The next release should also make it harder to disconnect players being towed. Anyone have any tips on making a config UI for a mutator?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I DeM1Ze I

Epic, this is what the game SHOULD have came with

Banned

Ah, THIS is what mutators should be all about. Not changing the entire game, just giving it a different flavour. I love the idea!

Thumbs up Finally install this Mutator and play in TDM !

and Bot use too
    thank you for fun Mutator !
    = Buffy The Jedi Knight =

MSgt. Shooter Person

I wouldn't mind a few wall slides or other advanced moves, not quite the variety of Tony Hawks or anything but the ability to grind the scenery a bit using your momentum. In the game, if you crouch and press left or right, you can spin around when you release crouch. This makes me think that Epic were going to add more functionality to the board but didn't get around to it.
    If that's too much of a task then how about double clicking forward for some rocket power?

Thanks for the cool mutator Chameleon.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by chameleon View Post
    Name:
    Überboard
    Version:
    Description:
    Modifies the Hoverboard and lets you use it on all maps. Players on an Überboard can tow behind other Überboards and take more hits before falling off. The Überboard is also slightly faster than a regular Hoverboard.
    Credits:
    Based on the existing UTVehicle_Hoverboard from Epic
    Download:
    Screens:

I was experimenting with some ways to deal damage with the 'board but it's getting late and the current board is quite fun to play with as-is
    Please let me know your ideas & any issues you have with the Überboard!
    Hi Cham,I know this one is hard but for my sugestion/idea is... Use a weapon(s) while on the hoverboard,and to balance it better let us only use the Rocket Launcher.
    So please remember if you manage to do that just let us use the RocketLaunch it would be very FUN with just it.
    let me know what you think.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Is this mutator configurable from ingame? I'll give it a shot. If its not configurable ingame you should make it so it is.
    Last edited by NotAgOat; 12-05-2007 at 05:28 PM.
    Bearded ruminant mammal with hollow horns and coarse hair belonging to the genus Capra.

MSgt. Shooter Person

dag beat me to the punch, ooh well. I was going to have just the balance system, heh, not the towing and map additions.

If I may make a suggestion, the system I implemented had a threshold, and an accumulated amount of damage. The accumulated amount of damage would reset itself if whoever was pegging the boarder took to long to hit them each consecutive time.

Big Grin is final version coming soon ??

also any other fun vehicle Mutators from you ?
    = Buffy The Jedi Knight =

Iron Guard

This is a great idea! Can't wait to try it
    AMD X2 5600+ | EVGA 8800GT 256MB | 4GB Corsair XMS DDR2 800 RAM | Abit KN9 | 150GB WD Raptor | M-Audio Revolutions 5.1 | Corsair 550VX PSU | Antec Nine Hundred |Windows XP

Iron Guard

looks very good!
    i hope this one gets on a lot of servers so we can use it a lot online!

about the weapon suggestion: maybe you can use the primairy-fire to connect to vehicles, and the alt-fire to fire a link gun alike beam [or a plasma shield thingy], straight ahead
    this way the hover/uber board gets a high tactical value and you wont be completely defenseless on a hoverboard
    an good idea maybe?
    Last edited by Coreper; 12-10-2007 at 09:10 AM.

Iron Guard

Very fun mutator. One tiny bug. When I use it with CTF, the bots cheat by using the hoverboard and the translocator. Suggest having the mutator disable the translocator.
    AMD X2 5600+ | EVGA 8800GT 256MB | 4GB Corsair XMS DDR2 800 RAM | Abit KN9 | 150GB WD Raptor | M-Audio Revolutions 5.1 | Corsair 550VX PSU | Antec Nine Hundred |Windows XP

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Coreper View Post
    the alt-fire to fire a link gun alike beam (or a plasma shield thingy), straight ahead
    this way the hover/uber board gets a high tactical value and you wont be completely defenseless on a hoverboard
    We were discussing something like this a while back, but we never hit on the point that you could use the alt fire to shoot it. Great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by polymer View Post
    If I may make a suggestion, the system I implemented had a threshold, and an accumulated amount of damage.
    Mine uses a percentage of your health (right now its about 40%). As you get weaker it makes it easier to knock you off.

Quote Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post
    One tiny bug. When I use it with CTF, the bots cheat by using the hoverboard and the translocator. Suggest having the mutator disable the translocator.
    Once I figure out how the UI works I can make a config to change all sorts of fun stuff. Thanks for letting me know about the translocator bug!

PS: I haven't been working on the mutator very much because I've been doing finals for the past week. If anyone could help me out with some info on mutator UIs or if anyone wants to check out my source files, just let me know.

I'm also waiting for the flipping Linux client to come out so I don't have to reboot every time I want to work on it.
    Überboard

Debian(amd64),Gentoo(amd64),WinXP | AM2 5600+ | 8800GTS 320MB | 2GB DDR2-800

Hey cham, i'm reallly excited to try this mutator, any chance you could post a PS3 compatible link up so i can check it out?

Green_Day_584

nice little mutator man

dling now

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by chameleon View Post
    Once I figure out how the UI works I can make a config to change all sorts of fun stuff. Thanks for letting me know about the translocator bug!
    I was glad to help. It's a great mod

One suggestion if you do figure the config stuff. It would be real fun to play Warfare and VCTF maps with the hoverboard only. In fact, I know I'd much rather play the VCTF maps without the other vehicles (maybe I'm weird--lol). Could be this is the way to configure the mutator by default, so that Hoverboard is enabled for all maps and translocator and all other vehicles disabled. Then it becomes the Überboard UT3 gametype!

BTW: I understand about finals. I don't take 'em. I give 'em and grade 'em Best of luck!

MSgt. Shooter Person

I love the Uberboard!

However, I've designed my own vehicle deathmatch - still working on it...

http://files.filefront.com/DM+Vehicl.../fileinfo.html

But the uberboard doesn't work in it. It there some actor that has to be on the level for the uberboard to work?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Chaaaaaaaalie View Post
    I love the Uberboard!

However, I've designed my own vehicle deathmatch - still working on it...

http://files.filefront.com/DM+Vehicl.../fileinfo.html

But the uberboard doesn't work in it. It there some actor that has to be on the level for the uberboard to work?
    I don't think so, the mutator uses the following to turn on the hoverboard for any gametype:
    Code:
    function InitMutator(string Options, out string ErrorMessage)
    {
            if ( UTGame(WorldInfo.Game) != None )
            {
                    UTGame(WorldInfo.Game).bAllowHoverboard = true;
            }

Super.InitMutator(Options, ErrorMessage);
    }

function ModifyPlayer(Pawn Other)
    {
        if ( UTPawn(Other) != None )
        {
            UTPawn(Other).HoverboardClass=Class'Uberboard.UTVehicle_Uberboard';
        }
        Super.ModifyPlayer(Other);
    }
    It does extend UTVehicle_Hoverboard, though, so I'm thinking the problem might be in there somewhere. I wonder if the regular Hoverboard depends on something in the map... I'll have to look into it myself when I have a little more time - you can check out one of the Epic maps and see if they use any funny actors or anything. AFAIK it doesn't, because my mutator works great on DM maps, etc. Best of luck, keep me updated if you figure it out!
    Last edited by chameleon; 01-05-2008 at 01:00 AM.
    Überboard

I added this mutator to my server with additional muts and everytime I switch to the uberboard it sends me out to space, me floating around...must be a conflict with the other muts im using.
    www.ut-tsclan.com

Banned

IMHO you mutator is awesome on my server. Never had any problems what so ever!! What would make it better is just 1 thing..........

Add the ability to fire weapons while on hoverboard! Is this possible?????
    Last edited by Cornholio; 01-07-2008 at 09:23 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Good news!
    It turns out that it does work on my map after all. I hope you didn't lose any sleep over this issue.

When you publish a map for the first time, it deletes everything in your "published" folder, which included the Uberboard script, however, the uberboard config file was still in the "config" folder, so it still showed up as a mutator, it just didn't do anything, because there was no script there.

I've re-installed it and it works fine.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Add the ability to fire weapons while on hoverboard! Is this possible?????
    I'm definitely thinking about it! It's a little tough to work with U3 right now because some of interesting the functions run in the engine itself, where you can't modify them. For instance, the stuff that searches for points you can hook up to on the hoverboard is coded into the engine (as far as i could see), which shot down a few of my ideas.

Originally I had the idea that a player doing stunts could land headshot damage on someone, but it turned out that its REALLY tough to land a hit when you're doing a stunt.

I'm considering using the beam to do things like cut other player's heads off or something like that, along with better control when you're being towed. If anybody has suggestions or ideas, let me know! This thread would be a great place to brainstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaaaaaaaalie View Post
    Good news!
    It turns out that it does work on my map after all. I hope you didn't lose any sleep over this issue. . . . I've re-installed it and it works fine.
    Don't worry, I'm lazy enough that I haven't even looked at the code yet. I'm glad to hear you got it working!
    Überboard

Iron Guard

please dont add the ability to use all weapons on the hoverboard
    i recommend you add a shieldgun which you can fire with alt-fire [i already said before]
    maybe you could add a ability to have multiple players grapple onto 1 vehicle? [as seen in the preview screenshots: example]

MSgt. Shooter Person

please dont add the ability to use all weapons on the hoverboard...
    Why not, it might be fun...

Perhaps you could make if a configurable mutator, so people who don't want the ability to fire weapons can disable it, while those who do can enable it.

On any game it could oly be one way or the other, so this would not imbalance the game at all.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Chameleon,
    I am from the ps3 community and was wondering if you had any plans to cook to ps3 format. I understand you are busy right now so I won't bug you about it, but your mutator seems like a blast to play.

Thanks,
    p

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Aniqiewan

i bought the game for the hoverboard ;p

MSgt. Shooter Person

oh wow... this should have been in the game from the beginning..... but that doesn't mean you are not one creative mofo... NICE.... chameleon you are a genius... great job.... i normally don't ask this, but please, bring it on over to PS3 when everything is final.... this will change VCTF, warfare, like no other.... can't wait... keep up the good work....

pls cook this to the ps3

we're all counting on you
    PSN ID : SIayer / Sry for my bad English but im from Austria :P

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by SIayer View Post
    pls cook this to the ps3

we're all counting on you
    I second this.
    Unreal Tournament 3 PC & PS3 player.
    Rookie modder
    Cook for PS3 players please.

MSgt. Shooter Person

please dont add the ability to use all weapons on the hoverboard
    i recommend you add a shieldgun which you can fire with alt-fire [i already said before]
    maybe you could add a ability to have multiple players grapple onto 1 vehicle?
    I wasn't planning on letting users shoot all the weapons from the hoverboard, it would be a lot of work and probably would unbalance the game like crazy. I said a little something about making grapples work differently, but theres a few issues code-wise with how that would happen. Epic programmed the grapple search stuff into the engine itself where you cant access it, so if I were to re-write in Unrealscript I have a feeling it would be too slow or laggy. I'm definitely going to look into that though.

Quote Originally Posted by pauls2ndblessing View Post
    Chameleon,
    I am from the ps3 community and was wondering if you had any plans to cook to ps3 format.
    I don't think the official cooker is available to everyone yet, but as soon as it is, I'll release an update so the PS3 community can get in on the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratacus View Post
    but that doesn't mean you are not one creative mofo... NICE.... chameleon you are a genius
    I have to disagree with you there, my mutator is very tiny - it just changes a few lines and tweaks some values. Thanks for the praise though!!!

Here's whats on my list for the next release (if I can manage to get it all done):
    • Look into PS3 compatibility (especially when Epic releases the editor update)
    • Figure out how the configuration works for mutators in U3
    • Come up with a balanced, fair way for 'board riders to do damage
    Überboard

Chameleon, the tools are outTime to cook

This is awesome..great work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast