Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person

Mutator (PC/PS3) {Vas} UT3 AutoShields v1.2 [Final][FeedBack][Updated-6/24/08]

Vas UT3 AutoShields v1.2

This Mutator will give players auto shields that can be set to regenerate after time.

You can set Shields at +10 every sec until max. If player is hit. Shield reg stops and will come back after 10sec of non fighting. Every hit to player makes timer go down 3 secs slowing the reset of shields. All settings can be changed in INI file!

Current download @
    FilePlanet Download of VASAutoShields v1.2 or Link to Development Server Download

This mutator is a updated version from the older UT2003/4 one i created. Hope you like it. If there is anything you want to change let me know.

Updated:
    • Add config menus

I dont have the PS2 Cooked version out for this version. Working that. the older version worked and this one should also. if anyone knows how to do this please let me know. Thanks

Link to old 2003/2004 version
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=358144

Copy of the Readme file in v1.2 download.

Introduction

First of all, Thank you for using this Mutator.

It is comprised of several features rolled into a single Mutator to control Shields in game. These features have been in use for quite some time and have a pretty good size following on older UT version with lots of support on the VAS Development Network.

This Mutator will give players auto shields that can be set to regenerate after time.

Installation

To install this Mutator:

*Copy the Files in the zip to your ...\MyDocuments\MyGames\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\ Folder.

The Files should into their correct locations. Examples..
    %zip%\Config\UTVASUT3AutoShields.ini goes in ..\MyDocuments\MyGames\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config
    %zip%\Published\Cooked\ VASUT3AutoShields.u goes in ..\MyDocuments\MyGames\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\ Published\Cooked

Modifications/Settings

· VAS_MAX_Shield
    This setting will change the MAX Shields for each of the four armor items for players.*

· VAS_Shield_RechargeBonus
    This setting will change how much shields are added to Player per second when shield recharge is on.

· VAS_Shield_RechargeTimer
    How much time is needed before Auto Shields comes back on after player was damaged.

· NoShieldForTop
    Top player with high score will not have AutoShields.

· NoShieldMSG
    Broadcast message to all players when Top Player changes and does not have shields.

· RemovePickUps
    Removed Shield Pickups in Map.

· VAS_Log Debug
    Option only found in INI file. Used to debug code to console and log files.
    0 = No debugs info. 1 = Minimal debug info and errors. 2= more info. 3 and 4 and so on.

UTVASUT3AutoShields.ini - Default settings

[VASUT3AutoShields.VAS_UT3_AutoShields]
    VAS_LOG_Debug=1
    VAS_MAX_Shield=200
    VAS_Shield_RechargeBonus=20
    VAS_Shield_RechargeTimer=10
    NoShieldForTop=False
    NoShieldMSG=False
    RemovePickUps=True

Server Setup settings
    ?Mutator=VASUT3AutoShields.VASUT3AutoShields

Development and code
    I added the full download and code to my SVN location. You are welcome to connect and download latest version. If you want to make any patches please do and post in forums or email them to me @ mailto:Kalcorp@cfl.rr.com.
    SVN location @ http://vasserver.dyndns.org:81/svn/UT3-VASAutoShields/
    I recommend TortoiseSVN

Current Development Discussions on this Mutator @ http://vasserver.dyndns.org/vasdn/fo...?TOPIC_ID=2926

Version History

V 1.2.010
    * Added in Config Menus
    * Changed Max Shields to equal total shields now. Code will divide for each armor type. Before this setting would end up x4 total shields.
    * Added full download and code to SVN location
    * Misc updates for configuration information.

V 1.1.0
    * Removed bHideMutator option
    * Added NoShieldForTop, NoShieldMSG and RemovePickups options.

V 1.0.1
    * First Released version
    Last edited by KalCorp; 06-27-2008 at 01:10 PM.

20 seconds of non-fighting for the shields to start regenerating? In Halo it's more like 5.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Setting can be change in INI file. Change VAS_Shield_RechargeTimer=5 if you want.

5 secs was to fast. Maybe 10 or 15 would be better.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Updated download default INI settings to

VAS_MAX_Shield=50
    VAS_Shield_RechargeBonus=10
    VAS_Shield_RechargeTimer=10

from

VAS_MAX_Shield=75
    VAS_Shield_RechargeBonus=10
    VAS_Shield_RechargeTimer=20

Plays alittle better :-) If you downloaded the Mutator. Try these settings..

Banned

Hmmm... a high recharge time slows down the game (makes you 'hide' waiting for your shields to recharge). Camping is not really Unreal like. Oh well, to each his own.

MSgt. Shooter Person

The 10 Sec recharge time is not to bad. You dont spend any time camping. 20+ you might see this and i agree with you so i chagned the default setting down to 10.

Thanks for the input!

Iron Guard

good to see you making stuff for the community, but, imo, if i wanna play halo ill play halo.
    Intel Q6600@ 2.4ghz (eventually 3.1ghz), watercooled
    EVGA Geforce 9800 gx2
    EVGA 780i
    7200rpm 750gb hdd

And yet I only have ut3 for ps3

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KalCorp View Post
    The 10 Sec recharge time is not to bad. You dont spend any time camping. 20+ you might see this and i agree with you so i chagned the default setting down to 10.

Thanks for the input!
    10 Seconds is indeed much better. Thanks for the mutator.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I am just updating my mutators that been around since 2002 for UT/03/04 to work with UT3.

Some of them even received honorable mentions from Epic for the "Make Something Unreal" Contest. So I must be doing something right for the unreal community.
    I will be working on my other mutators like Volatile Ammo, VASOnFire and the VAS Save to Server. I don’t know if the BIO Invasion will make it since invasion is no longer in game. :-(

Prisoner 849

"#1 - HideMutator
    This will hide the mutator from Game lists so the mutator will not be listed. "

Listed where? If it is hidden in the server browser it will piss people off for sure, so I hope I misunderstood.
    /thread

MSgt. Shooter Person

This option always been in my mutators for many years. Never got anyone pissed from it.

At this time i dont know if it works or is needed anymore until they clean up and make the game list work correctly.

Sounds like a blast =D, I like the idea shields bring to death match, makes it harder to 1 hit people and also makes it harder to kill the skilled players since they will have regenned shields rather then low health. That said dont worry about some people getting a little wierd on ya, its a mutator they can choose to play on or not play on. Those of us that like it will also have our choice, just keep up with the good work!

MSgt. Shooter Person

MUTATOR

Quote Originally Posted by DancingZMonkey View Post
    Sounds like a blast =D, I like the idea shields bring to death match, makes it harder to 1 hit people and also makes it harder to kill the skilled players since they will have regenned shields rather then low health. That said dont worry about some people getting a little wierd on ya, its a mutator they can choose to play on or not play on. Those of us that like it will also have our choice, just keep up with the good work!
    Thanks!

Hey maybe i can add in a option that the first place person does not get shields ? you can set this on or off. again just a option

Banned

Thumbs up

Thanks!

Hey maybe i can add in a option that the first place person does not get shields ? you can set this on or off. again just a option
    Wow, that's a pretty interesting idea. That would sort of make it a reverse 'Mutant' gametype.
    It could act as a handicap system in Duel games! I LLLLLLIIIIIIIKKKKKEEEE IT!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by iycgtptyarvg View Post
    Wow, that's a pretty interesting idea. That would sort of make it a reverse 'Mutant' gametype.
    It could act as a handicap system in Duel games! I LLLLLLIIIIIIIKKKKKEEEE IT!
    Option Added in v1.1.0. In INI change NoShieldForTop to True and the top player will have their shields removed :-) (Set to default False - Not on)

Also add options to removed Shield Pickups (Set to default true) and a option to turn on and off the Top Player Broadcast when someone gets shields removed.

Have fun! Please status back hows it going!

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    Last edited by KalCorp; 11-28-2007 at 05:38 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Just looking for feedback on how this is working for everyone.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dutch JaFO

Is there going to be an easy-to-use GUI for configuring the mutator ?
    I'd prefer one with a few presets (ie : Halo-style as a quick-select option).

Instead of immediately disabling the shield of the top-player you might want to drain his shields instead. That gives him a chance to escape without loosing his shielding.
    And have you considered what happens if #1 and #2 players switch places (which will happen quite often if there is just a few points between them)?

And you could also add a 'boosted' shield for the player that has the lowest rank.
    Of course the same problem applies ...
    Q : Why ask Epic, when we can mutate the hell out of this game ?
    A : Because we need their help for the low-level stuff like a way to change the voicepacks for characters ...

And to everything else "Less Whining, more Fragging and Mutating"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JaFO View Post
    Is there going to be an easy-to-use GUI for configuring the mutator ?
    I'd prefer one with a few presets (ie : Halo-style as a quick-select option).

Instead of immediately disabling the shield of the top-player you might want to drain his shields instead. That gives him a chance to escape without loosing his shielding.
    And have you considered what happens if #1 and #2 players switch places (which will happen quite often if there is just a few points between them)?

And you could also add a 'boosted' shield for the player that has the lowest rank.
    Of course the same problem applies ...
    These are excellent ideas and hopefully they can be implemented. A GUI is always preferable to having to edit inis tbh. There are a few mutators that have GUIs now so you may want to take a look at their code if you need help getting going with this. Also I have wanted to ask you to add in the option to have just the player and not the bots have shields on at the start ... it would be much easier to use this for practice as I told someone else working on a similar mutator. Maybe an option that says Player only or Allow bots to use shields ... something along those lines. I'll be looking forward to the next version ... thanks for bringing this over to UT3 ... I've been a fan of this mutator since UT03.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Great KalCorp- Seems like only the Hackers cant appreciate this Mutator. Looks like u smoked them out!!! LoL

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dutch JaFO

You could also make it bot-only so the poor little novice AI gets a bit of an advantage against those humans
    Q : Why ask Epic, when we can mutate the hell out of this game ?
    A : Because we need their help for the low-level stuff like a way to change the voicepacks for characters ...

And to everything else "Less Whining, more Fragging and Mutating"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JaFO View Post
    You could also make it bot-only so the poor little novice AI gets a bit of an advantage against those humans
    The bots don't need any more assistance ... a person can just crank up the difficulty and no way you are gonna tell me that a person needs harder bots than these set on Godlike. I won't believe it ... these bots are insanely hard on the higher levels ... they make UT04 bots look like they were standing still.

Now me on the other hand ... I need all the help I can get but actually having both options is kind of cool. Something that says "bots only" "human players only" and if neither is selected then by default all players and bots get the shields. That would work and satisfy everyone I bet.

Banned

Congrats on this being the first user created mutator to be cooked for the PS3 ... it is really an excellent mutator that is tons of fun ... you definitely deserve it.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PSNID: Herbyg

Works awesome on the PS3, thanks for the work you put on this.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thumbs up

Thanks for this AutoShields mod on PS3. It helps making VCTF whole lot playable for me and more fun. I was sick of not able to make progressive with vehicle making massive damage.

*edit, Warfare as well
    Last edited by ventuz; 12-21-2007 at 10:54 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
    Also I have wanted to ask you to add in the option to have just the player and not the bots have shields on at the start ... it would be much easier to use this for practice as I told someone else working on a similar mutator. Maybe an option that says Player only or Allow bots to use shields ... something along those lines. I'll be looking forward to the next version ... thanks for bringing this over to UT3 ... I've been a fan of this mutator since UT03.
    Any chance of this happening for this mutator? ... used in conjunction with the mutator that allows you to configure your starting health this is awesome and that would really be great if like that mutator yours had an option to only apply to the player (NO BOTS).

MSgt. Shooter Person

Sorry my system died. I have parts for a new one coming next week. I will get on this ASAP!

Also check out the VolatileAmmo @ http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=587765
    Last edited by KalCorp; 01-05-2008 at 11:14 AM.

Im a little confused, the ini has shield pickups set to false by default? so basicly your mutator is inactive by default?

edit yeah n/m i didnt know it was automatically applied
    Last edited by recalesence; 03-08-2008 at 01:46 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by 3leggedFreak View Post
    Listed where? If it is hidden in the server browser it will piss people off for sure
    hahaha

idk why, but thats funny

MSgt. Shooter Person

Going to be cleaning up the code for this soon. Any other feed bacK?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Going to be cleaning up the code for this soon. Any other feed bacK?
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'd personally like an option to determine length between shield gains. Right now you have "how many shield points per second" but I often find my friends wanting the ability to gain a ton of shields, but only very slowly. Right now, you get 200 shields in 50 seconds.

So for instance, maybe I want 4 shields every 5 seconds.

Is that possible?

Great mod. :-)

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitWaffle View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'd personally like an option to determine length between shield gains. Right now you have "how many shield points per second" but I often find my friends wanting the ability to gain a ton of shields, but only very slowly. Right now, you get 200 shields in 50 seconds.

So for instance, maybe I want 4 shields every 5 seconds.

Is that possible?
    Great mod. :-)
    You can set that now in the INI file. However I have a new version coming out in a day that has the in game config working and you can set this to what you want :-)

MSgt. Shooter Person

Forgive me, I may not have been clear.

You have the option to:

Change how much shields are added to Player per second when shield recharge is on.

And... Change how many seconds it takes before the recharge activates.

Is there a way to modify the "per second" area to say a different number of seconds other than every 1 second?

So say I could set it up to wait 20 seconds, then add 10 shields every 10 seconds or something like that.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitWaffle View Post
    Is there a way to modify the "per second" area to say a different number of seconds other than every 1 second?

So say I could set it up to wait 20 seconds, then add 10 shields every 10 seconds or something like that.
    Try

RechargeTimer=20
    RechargeBonus=1

That almost the same but not 100%. It will wait 20 seconds. Then add 1 Shield every sec. so every 10 sec's is 10 armor.

I understand what you are looking for and added it to list for next update with new options.

Thanks for the feedback

MSgt. Shooter Person

The problem then still persists. The recharge bonus actually adds 4 every second because it's applying 1 to each of the 4 pieces. Then you still end up with 200 shields in 50 seconds.

With the multi-second wait, you could set the recharge bonus to 4 which would add 16 shields. Then bump the delay to every 10 seconds.

Then after 2 minutes you'd have 200 shields. That obviously would encourage camping, but it would be very useful and fun for a game type like Invasion where you're trying to stay alive for example.

But I see that you've gotten what I was trying to put out there.

I'm just trying to help because I think that'll add a lot to the personal user customization of your mod.

Banned

Well since you are going to polish this can you add an option for the human player only having armor so that bots cannot have this ability. It would make it really useful for practicing against masterful and better bots. Thanks.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
    Well since you are going to polish this can you add an option for the human player only having armor so that bots cannot have this ability. It would make it really useful for practicing against masterful and better bots. Thanks.
    Yeah, if that's easy to do that's not a bad addition option.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Exclamation

Ok version 1.2 is up and I updated the first post with info.

I also submitted this version to Make Something Unreal Contest.

Now i can work on 1.3 with all the new options you want. I will post the update next week.

Anything else to add?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Giant vampire marsupial hippopotamuses.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Just found the older version from 2003/2004 for this
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=358144

Damn its been along time!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Any other options wanted?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast