Default ScriptLog: -- MAPVOTE has been disabled due to lack of maps!

ScriptLog: -- MAPVOTE has been disabled due to lack of maps!

This is an error i get when starting the server.

i've checked the content of:
    D:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)\UTGame\CookedPC\Maps

there were enough maps there.

Anyone got an idea what this might be?

thanks in advance.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I assume that you are interested in activating mapvote? If so, here is how to do that.

You will need to edit your UTGame.ini file. It is usually located in one of two places, depending on how you set your server up:
    1.) C:\Program Files\UT3 Dedicated Server\UTGame\Config\UTGame.ini
    2.) C:\Documents and Settings\[User]\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\UTGame.ini

In that file you will edit two sections of this file.

First, make sure that the server is set to change levels at the end of the map:
    Code:
    [Engine.GameInfo]
    bChangeLevels=True
    Second, scroll down to the section titled [UTGame.UTGame] and set the maplist that will be used for both a map rotation and/or map voting:
    Code:
    [UTGame.UTGame]
    ... [edited for brevity] ...
    bAllowMapVoting=true
    VoteDuration=45
    GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTDeathmatch",Maps=("DM-Arsenal","DM-Sanctuary","DM-Deck","DM-Defiance","DM-Deimos","DM-Diesel","DM-Gateway","DM-HeatRay","DM-RisingSun","DM-Sentinel","DM-ShangriLa"))
    GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTTeamGame",Maps=("DM-Arsenal","DM-Sanctuary","DM-Deck","DM-Defiance","DM-Deimos","DM-Diesel","DM-Gateway","DM-HeatRay","DM-RisingSun","DM-Sentinel","DM-ShangriLa"))
    GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTCTFGame_Content",Maps=("CTF-Coret","CTF-Hydrosis","CTF-Reflection","CTF-Vertebrae","CTF-OmicronDawn","CTF-Strident"))
    GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTVehicleCTFGame_Content",Maps=("VCTF-Containment","VCTF-Corruption","VCTF-Kargo","VCTF-Necropolis","VCTF-Sandstorm","VCTF-Suspense"))
    GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTOnslaughtGame_Content",Maps=("WAR-Downtown","WAR-SinkHole","WAR-Dusk","WAR-Islander","WAR-Avalanche","WAR-MarketDistrict","WAR-OnyxCoast","WAR-Powersurge","WAR-Serenity","WAR-FloodGate","WAR-Torlan"))
    MaxCustomChars=12
    This will add all of the maps to all of the gametypes, creating a map rotation within each gametype. Notice that 'bAllowMapVoting=true' is set. If you wanted to turn off map voting and just use a standard map rotation then you would change 'bAllowMapVoting=true' to 'bAllowMapVoting=false' but keep the rest of the config the same.
    Last edited by Dubious; 11-27-2007 at 11:45 AM.

Well thank you very much for your fast and detailed reply

i'm using -nouserhome so it's pointing at the default game dir instead of mydocuments dir.

I will try to change those settings tonight and let you know if it worked out correctly.

You're doing a great job here on this forum m8, i've already found lots of answers and information in your posts. Keep it up!

Uc.

MSgt. Shooter Person

thanks you

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WanderlustX2

Still having issues with rotation...

Code:
    GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTOnslaughtGame_Content",Maps=("WAR-Downtown","WAR-SinkHole","WAR-Dusk","WAR-Islander","WAR-Avalanche","WAR-MarketDistrict","WAR-OnyxCoast","WAR-Powersurge","WAR-Serenity","WAR-FloodGate","WAR-Torlan"))
    I have this specified. I've tried both UTOnslaughtGame_Content amd UTOnslaughtGame to no avail. Is there some command line item I should be specifying? I also tried setting the vote to true and false (default) and it still didn't rotate.

also i have a problem, i have put all the code lines of the post, but i can only vote the gametype i am playing at this moment!
    i mean, if i am playing CTF i can only vote CTF maps so there is no way to change gamemode?
    thanks!

I like wise have a problem, voting is set to true, there is a rotation config specified, the vote option appears on the UI and seems to work normally (goes to another screen with the maps listed), records the vote. Then one to three seconds before the countdown finishes the map starts to load, but it always loads the default commandline map, not the selected one.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by tirias View Post
    also i have a problem, i have put all the code lines of the post, but i can only vote the gametype i am playing at this moment!
    i mean, if i am playing CTF i can only vote CTF maps so there is no way to change gamemode?
    thanks!
    Not that anyone has yet figured out, no.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Badco View Post
    I like wise have a problem, voting is set to true, there is a rotation config specified, the vote option appears on the UI and seems to work normally (goes to another screen with the maps listed), records the vote. Then one to three seconds before the countdown finishes the map starts to load, but it always loads the default commandline map, not the selected one.
    That sounds like one of two things:
    1. The server is exiting for some reason (possible error) and is being automatically restarted from a batch file, hence loading the commandline map.
    2. The filenames of the maps on the hard drive are not matching the map names you specified in your UTGame.ini file.

The answer to your problem is going to appear in the log file. Look for where it says "servertravel" anywhere in your logs. It should tell you why it failed to load the selected map.

Thanks Dubious for all your help. I've pretty much used your posts to get our server up and running and now to get mapvote running too!

Quote Originally Posted by Dubious View Post
    That sounds like one of two things:
    1. The server is exiting for some reason (possible error) and is being automatically restarted from a batch file, hence loading the commandline map.
    2. The filenames of the maps on the hard drive are not matching the map names you specified in your UTGame.ini file.

The answer to your problem is going to appear in the log file. Look for where it says "servertravel" anywhere in your logs. It should tell you why it failed to load the selected map.
    Thanks, that's a big help. My guess would be its exiting, the serverlog never gets any longer than 16K, I'll check it out and get with my ISP.

Update. Actually it wasn't anything so difficult as the server exitiing. Somebody discovered this and posted it on the gameserver forum.

[Engine.GameInfo]
    DefaultGame=UTGame.UTDeathmatch
    DefaultServerGame=UTGame.UTDeathmatch
    bAdminCanPause=false
    MaxPlayers=32
    GameDifficulty=+1.0
    bChangeLevels=false
    MaxSpectators=2
    MaxIdleTime=+0.0
    MaxTimeMargin=+0.0
    TimeMarginSlack=+1.35
    MinTimeMargin=-1.0
    PlayerControllerClassName=UTGame.UTPlayerControlle r

bChangeLevels was set by default to false. Changing it to true solves the problem.