MSgt. Shooter Person

Angry ut3.exe is not working

ok i have tried many things on my xp (havent messed with the vista yet) i updated the windows installer and the aeig or whatever its called to 7.11 instead of 7.09 and i still get the error "ut3.exe has encountered a problem we are sorry for the inconvenience" on the vista it was saying bluntly "ut3.exe is not working". any advice? can someone give me a list of updates maybe to try? anything? please....

MSgt. Shooter Person

im not sure if this will help, but with Gears on my system I have to run the game from the CD's autoplay.

Both on Vista and XP I get the same error if I run it from a shortcut or the actual .exe - everything but running the game from autoplay doesnt start up.

MSgt. Shooter Person

ok how do i do that? it says it installed everything but when i hit launch is when it errors, however after it finished installing before i restarted the computer it errrored as well.

MSgt. Shooter Person

just right click on your cd drive in "my computer" and choose autoplay, or eject the disk and re-insert it. Then just play from play the option you are given in the autoplay.

its an issue people are having with gears, so its a long shot but still worth a try.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by yabbering yeti View Post
    just right click on your cd drive in "my computer" and choose autoplay, or eject the disk and re-insert it. Then just play from play the option you are given in the autoplay.

its an issue people are having with gears, so its a long shot but still worth a try.
    nope still errored. it brought up the launch screen so i hit launch and it gave me "UT3.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

also when i clicked details it says:

AppName: ut3.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: kernel32.dll
    ModVer: 5.1.2600.3119 Offset: 00012a5b

This error report includes: information regarding the condition of UT3.exe when the problem occurred; the operating system version and computer hardware in use; your digital product ID, which could be used to identify your license; and the internet protocol (IP) address of your computer.

and theres the really long report thing i can post if it would help anyone find a solution. nevermind it wont let me copy and paste it.

I am having this same issue and I saw this issue also posted in the demo forums. I jave not seen anyone post a solution yet though. Does anyone know how to fix this? I would hate to have a $50 game that I can't play.

MSgt. Shooter Person

deinstall your graphic drivers, reboot, download and install the newest ones available - does help in some cases

MSgt. Shooter Person

i'm having the same problem, and i've tried everything to fix it. nothing has worked yet.

Quote Originally Posted by gouki666 View Post
    deinstall your graphic drivers, reboot, download and install the newest ones available - does help in some cases
    I have the newest graphic drivers for my card. The demo worked fine when I downloaded it and installed. I have unistalled and reinstalled UT3 4 times now and it is still giving me the same error. Does anyone have a clue even?

Similar problem here.

amd 3500+
    nvidia pny 7600 512mb video
    XP pro sp2

I just got the video card yesterday...

Oddly enough, on my old 5900 128mb video card, ut3 ran fair, even if it was below min req for ut3.

Now, it crashes when its ready to go to the mission map doing the ut3 error and putting my display in the base resolution. It was even worse before with the latest drivers possible that I know of. I'm using the base drivers dated in july. I know I shouldnt but the driver date listed for latest 7600 drivers are october that I know of.]

But I do agree that these bugs need ironed out and ati/nvidia need to team with epic and midway to find a solution to this grievous and sad abnormality.

MSgt. Shooter Person

bookmarked for same issue

MSgt. Shooter Person

mine happens after install and i try to hit launch or even the icon or even autoplay

zZzZzZzZ someone find a solution this is stupid i cant play my game that i have been waiting for since i heard about it first comming out......... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ way to kill the fun EPIC!

try opening UTEngine.ini with notepad and changeing Fullscreen=True to Fullscreen=False

fixed my problem and i was getting the same error, would freez when it was trying to load the multiplayer game

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Somian

hm, but this way yu will ahve to play in a window,right?

push alt enter to go back to full after it loads

I'm Having the same error problem, but I have always had that same error problem with all of the UT Titles. The only workaround I have found was to either reinstall the game, or to reinstall the patch. Since Epic hasn't Come out with a patch yet, I'll just have to reinstall UT3 every time there is an error. I think it might be my ATi video card drivers, they have always had a history of being stubborn.

AMD 3200+ 2GHz OCed to 2.6GHz
    Visiontek Radeon X1600 XT XGE 512mb
    XP Pro

Banned

Some suggestions:

1. Run the UT3.exe as an administrator.
    2. Calculate the CRC32 of the UT3.exe and compare with others. I only have the CRC32 of the UT3.exe file after installing the patch:
    Code:
    CRC32 of UT3.exe (patch v1.01) : c102606c

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by iycgtptyarvg View Post
    Some suggestions:

1. Run the UT3.exe as an administrator.
    2. Calculate the CRC32 of the UT3.exe and compare with others. I only have the CRC32 of the UT3.exe file after installing the patch:
    Code:
    CRC32 of UT3.exe (patch v1.01) : c102606c

im guessing this is for vista? cause i couldnt find run as admin on xp, ill try on the vista

MSgt. Shooter Person

at least your getting an error geez. that sucks also. i cant even get it to load period

I just experienced the same things 3 times, I can't even finish a game. I will uninstall the game, the physx card, and my video card drivers and then reinstall everything fresh and see if that fixes anything.

Is there any reason why a patch or fix for this problem hasn't happened yet? People have been having it since the demo was released and now we are having it with the full game. I had the demo instlalled on my computer and it ran fine but I uninstalled when I bought the full game and now neither it nor the full game will run on my system.
    Are the techs even watching or listening to these threads? Do I need to return my game if its not going to play and there is no tech support for it?

MSgt. Shooter Person

its pretty bad a patch comes out for a game I can not even load!! LOLOLOL. what the hell am i going to do with a patch... LOLOLOl lmao

MSgt. Shooter Person

if its the same problem im having its because of the graphics card doesnt support shader model 2.0 but however i read people with lower end graphic cards had this problem with bioshock and they DID release a patch so lower end cards can play. so i hope they do that with this game.

This is killing me

MSgt. Shooter Person

me too me too. look in the error log file and it will tell you exactly why its erroring. thats how i found out my graphics card didnt support shader model 2.0 but i heard with other games they sent out a patch for lower end graphics cards

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Enforcer-5

Gah...Try starting the game with the CD....

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yeah i returned the game today, Got my money back.. Waste of money. It's complete bull****.. no game should come with such errors...gl everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer-5 View Post
    Gah...Try starting the game with the CD....
    Does that really change anything?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by KhanMan View Post
    Does that really change anything?
    nah, it doesn't. I've kept cd in before, out, i've tried everything everyone said... most things screwed up with my graphic cards and drivers where i had to system restore. stupid:/

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Enforcer-5

Hmmm well then wtf? That is really strange...Id Recommend maybe reformatting but then idk...

I got the game working by editing the UTEngine.ini
    changing the bInitializeShadersOnDemand= to True
    this has fixed my kernel blah error 100 percent and has sped up the loading times. give your thanx to calibur if this works for you all because it sure as hell worked for me.

Skaarj

Default Stupid splash screen

Hey guys, I'm having the splash screen problem also. Game starts ,
    splash screen, then goes away error occurred press ok to close. The
    first time I actually started the game up it actually worked, It just
    looked like crap and had random boxes appearing and dissapearing in the
    "fog" . I figured it was my video card drivers so I updated it and then
    I started having this issue. I pulled the video card from my wifes
    computer and put it in my computer.(It is the same video card.) and it
    still did not work. I was running Windows XP SP2, With the latest Direct
    X drives and up until that point the lasted drivers for my video card.
    So what I did then was format the computer, and I put Windows Vista on
    it. Installed the latest drivers for my video card, direct x etc and
    then unreal. This time when the splash screen came up it went away and
    did nothing. No errors, No log, just closed. I have a couple options I
    want to do, I do have an nvidia gforce 400mx video card at the house,
    Its not much but If I can install it in my computer and get the game to start I can prove that it is somthing with the video card drivers. If it
    Dos'ent start then it will prove that it is somthing else, ie
    motherboard incompatability, processor, etc. Also I changed the
    BinitailizeShaders in the utengine.ini file, I found in a thread
    somewhere that someone was having a similar problem and this seemed to
    have helped, It did'ent help me so i changed it back.
    Oh yeah, If I hav'ent mentioned it so far the UT3 does work on My Wifes
    computer and My brothers computer.

My computer; AMD Sempron 2800+, Asus Motherboard (I believe its a P5B)
    Kingston 1gb ram ddr and an off brand 512mb ddr stick. 2 western
    digistal hdd's, 80gb and a 20gb. Windows XP SP2(I installed XP again)
    Belkin Wireless network adapter. No antivirus, and no Firewalls. ATI
    Radeon X1600pro 256mb ddr2 AGP. 450watt pwrsply.

My Wifes computer; Intel 3.0ghz Celeron Processor. (Peice of crap) PC-
    Chips Motherboard (lol), 1gb ddr pny ram. 80gb western digital hdd.
    Belkin Wireless network adapter, She does have a firewall up. w/ no anti
    virus guard. ATI Radeon X1600 pro 256mb ddrs AGP.

My brothers computer; AMD 64bit 3200+ processor, MSI (Micro-Star)
    motherboard, 1gb ddr pny ram. 1 80gb WesternDigital HDD. Offbrand
    Wireless network adapter. ATI X700 512mb ddr PCIE.
    I'll get back to you guys on what I find w/ the other video card.

I've been working on this problem since the game came out. Oh yeah, I did try that new patch, it did'ent work.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Wow she's posted like 4 new threads on the same problem...lol why?

Anywho. What are your system specs heatherrr? I've seen many a time this game fail for...well if i'm literal, fail for about...must be something like 300+ different issues so far lol xD. Anyway the top 5 I seem to see the most are:

Laptops: Dunno why but a lot of people i know struggle and get similar errors on laptobs, especially with integrated gfx cards.

AV/Firwall programs: Are a serious bastard! Only after allowing about 20 odd exceptions on the new commodo firewall it alowd me to play hehe, but i love my firewall so it says on =D

Chipsets: Numerous complaints here, relating back to laptops some what

General 3: GFX card, RAM, Processor speed

And finally; operating system. Vista in my experience is another major issue with games, even though Vista should always work fine with new games, a lot of people i know disagree...strongly.

Luckerly...i can play it fine.

Oh and you could try removing Aegia's drivers...although i doubt that will solve this problem, but worth a try since feedback i've recieved indicates the game runs fine without those drivers.
    "If the road is easy, the destination is worthless"
    Quote Originally Posted by choel View Post
    Recommended player count is 0.
    http://dawnoffantasy.com/ SUPPORT IT!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

yea i already figured out the graphic cards suck in all 3 of my computers. but i read that bioshock game players had the same problems and they released a patch for lower end cards/computers to play. so one can only hope they will do this for this game as well. we had no problem with the other ut games. just this one