Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Error 1335...Failed Installation

I have tried installing the game 10 different times and it fails at 3 different points so far, Data1.cab, Data2.cab, and Data4.cab with the error 1335.

I run:
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor at about 2.8GHz
    3 gig Ram
    Direct x 10
    8800 gts 320mb
    Windows Vista Premium
    .Net 2.0 running

Was there ever a solution to this problem during the demo phase I have seen many postings but no solution and when they get to 40 pages of postings you can barely sort through everyone's issues.

Please Help!~

MSgt. Shooter Person

try copying the files and installing from the hard drive

Seriously...
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KriLL38

Do you have a lot of free space on C:\ ? You need it.
    "Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you."

Quote Originally Posted by Unstoppable View Post
    try copying the files and installing from the hard drive
    This should work if you can get the files off the DVD.

P.S. error 1335 means:

1335 The cabinet file '[2]' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hickeroar

I know it sounds like a long shot, but I've had a good defrag cure file-copy issues like that before. It's worth a shot if you've exhausted all other ideas.

If you HDD is kinda full, uninstall a bunch of junk.

Also, definitely try pulling it off the DVD to the HDD and installing it from there.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Seriously...
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KriLL38

Quote Originally Posted by Hickeroar View Post
    I know it sounds like a long shot, but I've had a good defrag cure file-copy issues like that before.
    That has no bearing on this at all, it's from optical media.
    "Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you."

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by cyrus24 View Post
    I have tried installing the game 10 different times and it fails at 3 different points so far, Data1.cab, Data2.cab, and Data4.cab with the error 1335.

I run:
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor at about 2.8GHz
    3 gig Ram
    Direct x 10
    8800 gts 320mb
    Windows Vista Premium
    .Net 2.0 running

Was there ever a solution to this problem during the demo phase I have seen many postings but no solution and when they get to 40 pages of postings you can barely sort through everyone's issues.

Please Help!~
    Delete your temp files in the temp folder \User\Local Settings\Temp
    and run a reg cleaner to remove all the ut3 entries in your regestry. then try again
    Lol u tried 10 different times, im sure somthing got messed up.
    Or just do a system restore, im sure it set a restore point when u installed the game for the first time, it did for me atleast
    Last edited by exil3; 11-20-2007 at 03:46 PM.
    Core2 Duo E8500 3.16GHz/ASUS Striker II Extreme/OCZ 2GIG DDR3 -1333/EVGA GeForce 9800GX2 SSC/ WD VELOCIRAPTOR 300GIG 10K HDD/WD 1TB HDD/SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY 2 PLATINUM/Thermaltake ToughPower 850 Watt/ VIEWSONIC 20 5MS VX2035WM

MSgt. Shooter Person

Could be an HDD issue or maybe a bad disc. Go back and exchange it for another copy.

i would copy the files from the disc onto your harddrive.. if it fails at one of those cab files and you have plenty of harddrive space.. the DVD disc is damaged.

Thanks for the advice I will trying copying from disc and running direct from HDD, I post back if it works.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Dude for what it's worth I'm sorry. I hope I don't run into that when I get home. Asa last resort, it may be format time.
    I grew up after, in the ruins...

Original join date June 2001. Original name abandoned. Life means reinventing yourself once in awhile...

I'm having this same issue not only with the store bought game but also had it with the Demo that was released a few weeks back. I'm pretty frustrated that the forum admins haven't posted anything about it considering the number of ppl that have complained about this issue in the "Demo Installation Feedback" part of this forum. I for one don't think I should be required to try 15 different methods in order to get it to install on my pc.

Sys Specs:
    Dual Core 6750 Chipset
    Asus Striker Extreme Mobo
    Vista Home Premium
    2 Gb Ram
    8800 GTS 640 Mb
    10K Raptor Harddrive with 40 Gb space left

HEY EPIC GUYS, HOW ABOUT SOME FEEDBACK?!?!?!?!

I had this problem on the DVD version of UT2K4, and I had to transfer the files down from the DVD to the HD and run it that way. It worked.

Right now I'm stuck at work until 11:00pm est, staring at the UT3:CE box until I get home.

Hopefully there will not be any installation issues.
    Intel Quad 6600 (2.4ghz)/2-gigs OCZ 6400 ram/nVidia 8800 gts (320)/Antec 900

Iron Guard

You can try this as well (if you still have the problem after transferring the DVD to the HDD): http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...2224828AAW7Edz

And then restart your computer.

I am having the same exact error, 1335 with data6.cab being currupt. I tried repairing the pack in winwar and that didnt work. I have already exchanged for another copy at the store and I am still getting the same error. Very frustrating because it doesn't error untill half an hour into the install! I am currently copying the files to my hard drive and will try that. Man what a pain in the ass this is after all the trouble I went throught to get this game and not to mention the 10 year wait. Anyways, if anyone has a fix, it is much needed!!!!

Still getting that same error...

I tried to load from HDD, didn't work for me, same 1335 error.

MSgt. Shooter Person

my error is 1698 or something like that...

I just tried from hd and the same file is still corrupt.

MSgt. Shooter Person

OK, I just had my UT3 CE delivered and ran into the exact same issue with the 1335 error. I disabled all spyware, antivirus and firewall programs and attempted the install again only to be met by the same error.

Next I tried installing under a "clean boot", (instructions can be found here.) I attempted the install again and it went without a hitch!

BTW, this was a FRESH install of XP Pro that had been fully updated. I am beginning to suspect that one of M$ recent security updates may be causing this error since I had not run into this issue until recently.
    Last edited by vläd; 11-20-2007 at 09:17 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I can't install either, i get that data bad error. Demo worked great, was awesome.

I have:
    amd 3800+ single @ 2.4ghz
    3gb pc3200 ram

i'm copying everything over to hdd now to try it that way
    winxp32 mce05
    8600gts 256mb

Alright so I have tried copying disc to HDD and no luck there either same old error 1335. So I went and exchanged the game and just tried once again and blam! error 1335 within 10% of installing. I don't understand whats goin on. Sometimes it fails at 10% and sometimes 70%ish. Any ideas or solutions?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by cyrus24 View Post
    Any ideas or solutions?
    Did you try a clean boot as I described on page two of this thread?
    Core 2 Duo E9650 - Noctua NH-C12P
    ASUS Striker ][ Extreme - (2) evga 9800GTX KO
    PC Power and Cooling 1KW - 2GB Patriot Viper PC3-12800
    VelociRaptor 150GB - (2) Raptor 160GB - 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1
    LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray - Plextor PX-716A
    X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty <- Not UT3 Friendly!
    Silverstone TJ07 (mostly) Aluminum Case
    Windows XP SP3

i just tried the clean boot with no success. Is it at all possible for a Moderator or Admin to help out with this problem of error 1335????

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HAHAHA Xboxlive

I was getting these problems to, so first i said screw installing the game off the dvd, then I tried coping all the files from the cd to a folder on my desktop. It was going good then bam stops at data6, all i did was take my cd out rub away from the center to the outside with a clean cloth and popped it back in it got past the data6 but stopped at data7 so i did it again and it worked.

The dvd does looks a bit weird to me it seems to be made cheaply, but on the other hand my dvdrom gives me alot of trouble. So its either you dvd rom is dieing/has a weak laser. or your DVD is corrupt.

If my advice doesn't work try to contact a friend that has a copy and try and barrow his dvd. The game doesnt need it to play so good luck.
    -AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, -2.00GB of OCZ ram, -Gforce 8600GTS(crapy), -Samsung syncmaster 971p -logitech G5 mouse, -Microsoft Keyboard, - 440 GB of HDD space.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Hello

It's probably the DVD drive i had a similar experience when mine went bad. Gave me problems not reading movies too. Try a movie see if it reads ok and doesn't freeze etc. Not positive just saying cause i doubt 2 dvd's be bad.
    Last edited by slinky3761; 11-21-2007 at 05:23 AM.

It's possible that it's your DVD drive but this happened with the downloaded demo to lot of people also... I think it might actually have something to do with the windows installer program. Regardless, I've tried 7 ways to sunday to get this damn thing to work including clean boots, copying to HDD and installing, you name it. I think this is a software compatibility issue not a hardware or DVD issue.

*UPDATE ERROR 1335*

Ok, I have gotten my UT installed and it is now properly working. What I ended up doing was a combination of moving the files from the dvd to my hard drive and then running the WindowsInstaller-KB893803-x86 file found on the dvd. After that install the game from your hard drive. I am not sure if that is the direct solution as I did many other things in between to try and fix this. At this point the game is running but I am still very dissapointed in epic. Fixing this involved over 8 hours of my time in researching and included using advanced methods that would not be achievable by the novice user. So those of you still having this problem give that a try, I hope it works for ya!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by DeskTopHero View Post
    *UPDATE ERROR 1335*

Ok, I have gotten my UT installed and it is now properly working. What I ended up doing was a combination of moving the files from the dvd to my hard drive and then running the WindowsInstaller-KB893803-x86 file found on the dvd. After that install the game from your hard drive. I am not sure if that is the direct solution as I did many other things in between to try and fix this. At this point the game is running but I am still very dissapointed in epic. Fixing this involved over 8 hours of my time in researching and included using advanced methods that would not be achievable by the novice user. So those of you still having this problem give that a try, I hope it works for ya!
    WindowsInstaller-KB893803-x86 is an upgrade for Windows Installer. It's a re-distributal installer package to update your WindowsInstaller to version 3.1, As i said in another thread(And many other threads), This(outdated installer), or a bad file system(FAT/FAT32 users) may have trouble when things start to extract from the cabinets due to the file system restriction on Fat32. I wasn't aware they placed a installer package on the disc, that's nifty. Nice find, DeskTopHero. By chance other people can't access the WindowsInstaller package on the disc, go here. That is the download straight from Microsoft.
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 OC'd 2.90GHz
    4GB (4x1GB) Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 RAM
    2 x eVGA Nvidia 8800GTX in SLI
    640GB HDD (2x320GB RAID)
    Aegia PhysX Accelerator

It could be a possibility that your ram is corrupt. I had 2 sticks of 1 gig patriot extreme DDR2 800 ram and I ran mem test and figured out that my second stick produced many errors however my first stick was perfectly fine. I install UT3 after I did that and it installed smoothly.

Im going out of a wild guess and that small programs arent effected by this its only the extremely large installation that give off this error. Neverwinter nights 2 also give off similar errors to the ones your describing here.

I did some searching on the MS website for help, I found this for a 1335 Error and fix related to MS Office, I figured it'd be worth a shot...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314810

It was option 2 I followed but vista is a little different than this explaination. In Vista you run "msconfig". Then Click the Boot Tab. Next Click Advanced Options... Now check the box marked "Maximum Memory".

Dunno if it was actually that checkbox, or maybe I just got lucky on the 50th install attempt, or if the sun, moon, and stars aligned momentarily but that change followed by a reboot resulted in a smooth install.

As mentioned by others, I'm pretty darn disappointed in The Epic Team for this one... This was a glaring issue with the Beta over a month ago and no feedback has been given concerning this issue to date. Not that I can find anyway...

GL all working through this issue, I know I spent probably 8 hours on it.

Hey Bro... I seem to be having the same problem and i tried copy everthing to my hard drive and installing it from there. I installed it on my older cpu and it works fine, but up on my newer but not much improve cpu... its not laoding. It stops a Data6.cab with the error 1335.

here are my specs:
    Windows XP
    Pentium Dual 3.00ghz
    2.00 GB Ram
    228 C drive space

I'm having the same issue myself, It stops at the data6.cab file, and I've alrdy used the windows installer on the disk and have alrdy done the moving of the files off the disc to the drive and it doesn't work. Are there any solutions to this problem, and does Epic have any intention of replying to this post with some sort of explanation?

I'm sorry to say that I've had this problem not only on UT3, but on the Anthology that came with the UT3 preorder in some stores. After much trial and error, I successfully installed both by mapping my laptop's DVD drive and installing it over the network. A major pain, and completely unnecessary.

Not a true solution, I know. At least I can play the game now.

---
    Specs for those who care:
    3.2 P4
    1 GB RAM
    250 HDD
    ATI AIW X800XT
    Creative Live! Gamer 5.1 Sound

I have (had) the exact same problem as you guys. Here's the solution:
    Take your copy back to the store, report it as faulty, get another copy, install.

I tried my first copy on 2 different PCs and 4 different drives, all failed at various cabs during the install.

My new copy installed perfectly first try. It seems that there's a shoddy part of the disk-pressing process on the publisher's end.

I'm thinking it's not the copy, because it wouldn't install on my laptop, but it would install perfectly on my dads Tower. So I'm not sure what's going on with it.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Also getting the 1335 error, mine always happens on data5.cab.

I've tried copying files to HDD, cleaning the registry, turning off firewalls, using the windows installer file, updating the sysdriver file....

and its still not working.

Any other suggestions, or have I wasted $80?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Well I'm out of ideas and energy. And It doesn't look like someone from epic will ever reply.

$80 down the drain. Ta epic.

so right, this thing is ticking me off too. I have managed to install the game succesfully once (after many many tries), a few days ago, however, since my computer had been having some problems with sound from a few days earlier, I decided to re-install my computer. Now I can't get things to work. Getting me the CE has cost me 65 euro and the lack of response from any admin or anyone from epic around here really frustrates me. Afaik, they always said that they wanted stuff to be bug-free before releasing it and that it was the reason why no release date had been given. Now one of the most vital part of the game appears to be the buggiest I've ever seen...

MSgt. Shooter Person

Can anyone who has managed to get past the 1335 error, or has any ideas, please post their solutions?

thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast