Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by L'enculeur View Post
    OMFG WTF!?!?!?!

- Sniper Rifle's rate of fire is faster.
    - No Malcom.
    - No changes for all the vehicules.
    - Stinger still unbalanced and Flak's arc maybe also still too high.
    - The annoying blur is still there.
    - No ping in the scoreboard.........

Seriously, Epic are f*cking losers. Looks like they don't give a sh*t about UT3 and hardcore UT players and only want to make money even if it means releasing a beta game.
    Go program your own really popular FPS, listen to what every player says, make the game absolutely perfect in every way, and see how easy and how fast you can get it done. Then come back and see if you really would want to complain. Things take a lot of time and care to program. If you ever programmed anything with a complex list of functions and had to make them all work together happily, you'd see that not only do you have to make some really serious changes, sometimes completely restructure code you just spent days on making just to fix one small bug or make one little tweak in it, but then you need to do extensive testing in many different ways on that code to make sure it not only works but it doesn't break something else later down the line.
    Last edited by CWO; 11-17-2007 at 04:15 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I agree with ScuzzBuster - the game's gameplay more than makes up for it's lacking UI. All I really want to do is want the in-game interface to be passable, which it is, I love the overhaul they did with the HUD. The only big complaints I have are the lack of the impact hammer in the weapon priority list, and the lack of the score menu showing pings.

By the way, will we still be able to play with the demo character in the full game?
    Last edited by Unknown Target; 11-17-2007 at 04:37 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

2 Q's from me...

Does the alarm from your base still sound when the other team's flag is taken? (It should only sound at the base where the flag is taken from am I right?)

and

Does the full game have a statistics screen similar to F3 (by default) in UT2004?

Hi... i have one question, in the first ps3 trailer.. we see othello figting a robot, in that video his dress shines a green ligt, but now it is a red ligt,...
    can you chance the light in carecter costumization?...
    sorry for bad english....

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by unreal_king View Post
    Hi... i have one question, in the first ps3 trailer.. we see othello figting a robot, in that video his dress shines a green ligt, but now it is a red ligt,...
    can you chance the light in carecter costumization?...
    sorry for bad english....
    No, he's red alright. Maybe if you'll join the green team in the future

Also, all of the models look like Pokemon cr4p, I couldn't find a decent one after going through all of them. The whole game feels childish. The graphics are good and that's the only positive change since UT2k4 and UT99.
    It's a good game nonetheless if you're crazy about graphics / haven't played UT99 that much or you're between 9-15.

Quote Originally Posted by InvadrZIM View Post
    lookin at this list...what was the point of the beta feedback forum again?

there were numerous threads on multiple topics, were they just ignored?
    You think they have time in one month to make a bunch of fixes and still mass produce the game for retail? The Beta forum is for the first patch... the beta demo was probably made in August and many of their own changes were already made for the final release which probably was "finalized" before they even released the demo.

Just wait for the first patch.

Ok.. Some quick points out of the gate:
    -weapons are definitely higher-res
    -skins are definitely higher-res,
    -graphics seem overall crisper, even in shangrila
    -Flak cannon DOES arc higher out of the gun.
    -Lots more taunts... actually pretty good too
    -Campaign has some NPC actions like a robot working on a door that you have to disable with the impact hammer, and doors that you need to open using secondary shock rifle on the "shoot pad"
    -They swear in the cut movies between levels
    -In a campaign, God mode works, but loaded and allweapons and allammo do not seem to work.
    -behindview 1 doesn't work in campaign either
    -Powercores are awesome.. they ahve little panels that break off as it gets weaker, and one hell of a massive explosion.. tho that was in-game cut scene i think...
    -Rocket lock-on doesn't seem shortened at all to me.

Bug:
    Instant Action Warfare map.. Goto behindview1, then enable the hoverboard... player is floating 2 feet above hoverboard.

I'm must say I underestimated Epic with the poor quality of the demo... the full game is much much nicer
    Last edited by KewlAzMe; 11-17-2007 at 10:48 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

All the crying and thumb-sucking has got to stop. First off, feedback forums are known to be full of jackoffs and little kids. The people who take time to sit around and nitpick and ***** represent a VERY small portion of the fanbase.

Second, every single "bug" or issue with this game is easily fixed with a patch. You people think the BETA feedback forum was for anything you could think of but realistically it was for testing netcode and compatibility. Welcome to reality...

The game is great. Gameplay, which is the main ingredient, is near perfect. The grafx are insane (look at the planetunreal pic page). The menu needs work, and EPIC HAS EVEN ADMITTED THIS!! WHat more do you want?

Forums make me sick sometimes...

EPIC you should be happy with what you have achieved thus far. Thank you for keeping REAL DEATHMATCH STYLE FPS alive for the purists. Leave the pretty trees and shoddy gameplay to Crysis and CoD4 fanboys.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Well said KronDog.

Seriously...
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KriLL38

Imo all the people that sit down and cry when told when the player model they used in UT# isn't in UT3 should grow up, come on people there are plenty of new once to pick from and you can even play dress up with their armor, you actually want Epic to delay the game a couple of months so they can re-make ever single UT1/2 char?
    "Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
    Imo all the people that sit down and cry when told when the player model they used in UT# isn't in UT3 should grow up, come on people there are plenty of new once to pick from and you can even play dress up with their armor, you actually want Epic to delay the game a couple of months so they can re-make ever single UT1/2 char?
    Bonus packs anyone?

Seriously...
    Gamer IDs

Yes bonus packs will most likely feature some old and new characters, Malcolm and Xan are both very likely to appear in one, though it seems in the SP campaign you get a new char when you beat him/her, so you'll most likely have to fight one/both to get em, so the campaign story would have to be continued and involve one/both.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I think Epic put less characters in because they were hoping that the fact that you can pretty much make your own characters with the character customization screen would make up for that fact, and it probably will. The only thing I'm worried about is how difficult that will make it for modders to add new characters.

Seriously...
    Gamer IDs

Should be quite easy, the INI files house all data surrounding each character and armor part, the character has defined faction, gender, default armor, description, character portrait, voice, head model file etc, each armor part has faction, gender, placement and the model file.

To make a new character you just need to make a head if you want to make em a member of the current factions, or make a new faction with the same armor as one of them, you need a head and a portrait for that, a voice and armor pieces if you want to make it a bit more original.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by KronDog View Post
    The game is great. Gameplay, which is the main ingredient, is near perfect. The grafx are insane (look at the planetunreal pic page). The menu needs work, and EPIC HAS EVEN ADMITTED THIS!! WHat more do you want?
    What's so great about the gameplay? It's the same as UT2k4's.

If I may speak for myself, I want decent sounds and taunts, better clipping for maps, be able to change the FOV, bots that won't stuck and aren't blind (UT99's were better lol), a Manta that doesn't own everything, Hellbender from 2k4 (at least that was useful), models that don't look like dolls, editable dodging (at least let me turn it off), editable headbob, more announcers etc. No, editing the .ini files isn't a proper solution thank you. Oh yes, I know, the next patch will solve EVERYTHING. That just rings a bell... *khm*this is a beta they'll change this and that in the final version so stfu*khm* Guess it doesn't work like that :P

Graphics and music are OK btw.

Banned

im agred with the bad UI, but love the game ,

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by N.M.I. View Post
    What's so great about the gameplay? It's the same as UT2k4's.
    LOL

UT2k4 was nothing like this. Shield gun + fairy jumps + LG/shock switches = you never had to engage the enemy. UT3, thankfully, brings back the DEATHMATCH feel.

And as for the models, sounds and taunts... that is all personal preference and not any kind of bug or issue.
    Last edited by KronDog; 11-17-2007 at 03:08 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by KewlAzMe
    Q: Did they fix the lighting on the Flag when the round ends? Notice that the actual flag pole shadow moves with the "simulated flag wind".... why would the pole shadow move?
    A: I've been playing the campaign and I see they did fix this. I assume it is fixed in multiplayer too.

Sad, Sad, Sad to see that not much has changed form the beta.
    Looks like more coding to do to this version of UT as well.

Come on Epic, WTF are you doing, fix these things, put back the spectate and bot config, etc like you said UT3 will be more like UT99, WEHRE?
    Yeap, nothing hare!
    I cant' splel eother.

Banned

ut3 is perfection. any problem a person has with this game is not a problem with the game, but a problem with himself. only by admitting your own faults can you come to truly love unreal tournament 3 in all of it's perfection.

Well perfection is a fun term.. but mutatable is the important thing.

Redeemer

Nothing is perfect, not UT3 and not UT1.
    UT3 is the closest to perfection currently available in this world :>
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.

Well its far from perfect.. but has potential... there are still a lot of bugs and it needs a few patches because it is obvious that midway forced epic to rush this out before christmas. But I think when Epic has time to finish the patches, we will have a very close-to-perfect game.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by N.M.I. View Post
    Also, all of the models look like Pokemon cr4p, I couldn't find a decent one after going through all of them. The whole game feels childish. The graphics are good and that's the only positive change since UT2k4 and UT99.
    Oh, glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. Chars' design really sucks.

Skaarj

Has anything else come up with a workaround solution to the lack of a true pipe switchweapon command? Was that listed on the first patch? I don't remember.

I needs me's piping!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by otsego_amigo View Post
    ut3 is perfection. any problem a person has with this game is not a problem with the game, but a problem with himself. only by admitting your own faults can you come to truly love unreal tournament 3 in all of it's perfection.

Wanker

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thanks for this thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by KewlAzMe View Post
    Well its far from perfect.. but has potential... there are still a lot of bugs and it needs a few patches because it is obvious that midway forced epic to rush this out before christmas. But I think when Epic has time to finish the patches, we will have a very close-to-perfect game.
    I agree

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456