Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation Modified executable code!! HELP!!

I have two pc's.

1st pc:
    2900xt cat 7.9
    e6600 dual core
    2 gig ram

Installed game and ran perfect, no stuttering or any of the other problems that i have seen in these posts

2nd pc:
    x1950xtx cat 7.9
    amd 2400+ 2ghz (i know its ancient)
    1.5gig ram

Originally tried installing on xp and when I tried to open the game I got an error message saying 'You cannot run this game with moddified executable code, please reinstall' I reninstalled which didnt fix it. did a quick google search and found that it is a known problem with the ut3 demo and it affected only xp. So I formated and installed vista. Only installed drivers and the game, but i still get that error. I have tried manually downloading the patch, running as admin, running in xp compat mode, and sacraficing a lamb....

NEED HELP PLEASE!!!
    Last edited by p4r0d0x; 11-09-2007 at 06:56 PM.

if this works im going to pimp slap epic...

MSgt. Shooter Person

did you install on a drive other than your main windows drive "C:" ?

I did that with UT3 and that was the error I got, then I installed it on my C drive and it worked fine.
    Television wastes valuable brain space... How many jingles do you know by heart? Now how many times tables do you know by heart? Yeah thought so...

nah its on my primary partition. Also the its refering to WarGame-G4WLive.exe im downloading a no-cd craked exe right now, wish me luck :-/

MSgt. Shooter Person

Good luck, just virus scan the exe before even messing with it. I really hate Microsuck, this is making me want to get a PS3 rather than an xbox in the future honestly. Even though SONY sucks just as hard and just as much as Microsuck
    Television wastes valuable brain space... How many jingles do you know by heart? Now how many times tables do you know by heart? Yeah thought so...

Downloading the cracked startup.exe didnt fix it, i just tried copying the WarGame-G4WLive.exe from the working computer and pasting it the the other pc's directory, which didnt work either...

MSgt. Shooter Person

I swear I read somewhere that having it on a partitioned drive was problematic, if I find it I will link here.

bump bump bump

I have checked other forums and only seen 1 or 2 instances of this issue with gears of war. kind of upset its rare because its more likely to get looked over in light of these other issues....

please help :-/

shameless bump

bump bump bump bump

not on your own mate, i get the exact same thing,
    its driving me mad.

same thing here

openal32.dll. you cannot run the game using modified executable code. please reinstall.

bla bla bla

reinstalled 3 times...nothing. downloaded the new openal files, replaced them, nothing. installed all new drivers....nothing

UT had the same problem, and they fixed it before the game even CAME OUT! So I am hoping they do the same with this.

Same problem plz help, more than 10+ my friends have this problem too...
    Epic .. Microsoft,. We bought this game and can't to play it (((((((
    Why?!

Super Moderator

If you are still unable to run the game please look through this post, follow the instructions and submit your system specs/logs and we will try to help you out.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=583169

Thanks!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Perry Cox M D

Guys.

Im pretty sure I can help as I had the same problem. Please tell me which files you are getting the problem with, if you havent said already.

Dont dispair yet

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Perry_Cox View Post
    Guys.

Im pretty sure I can help as I had the same problem. Please tell me which files you are getting the problem with, if you havent said already.

Dont dispair yet
    I''ve been having this problem for ages, and I do have a TEMPORARY fix...

The two files that are causing all the fuss are: "OpenAL32.dll" and "wrap_oal.dll". They think they are SO funny... My fix is this; Simply move both these 'jokkers' from the "Binaries" folder into the "gears of war" folder. Now just start the game up as normal and BAM!! You're in.

NOTE: DO NOT DELETE THEM! Just move them, I'm shure epic will patch soon, and you don't want to have to reinstall again, do you...

Now, all you have to worry about this; you are left with a very broken game. These are the problems I'm having:
    • I cannot log into LIVE, (Pressing F1 or HOME, or "user profiles" does nothing)
    • I cannot change any options, Becuase if I go into video, sound or any option, it won't let me come out. I have to ALT+CTRL+Delete.
    • As a reult of not being able to acess LIVE, I cannot save my progress, or go online.

But I'm shure EPIC are working on a lovley little (****ing MASSIVE) patch to sort out all our tiny (HUGE) problems.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Perry Cox M D

hmm... my 'fix' was exactly the same as that. I have moved the two offeding files on to a folder on my desktop.

However, this does not affect my game in any way whatsoever besides not loading up the ending credits if i dont alt tab out and move them back for a temporary moment. As a matter of fact, aside from that, my game works perfectly...

I do not have any trouble with live, changing options or saving progress.

That says to me that Beakless's problems are nothing to do with these dll files.

This issues get wierder and wierder...

That's an AMD processor...
    tried applying the AMD patch yet?

Your discuss trouble with openal32.dll ?

But what i can do to run game ? My error on the screen:
    http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gowto0.jpg

P.s. Sorry for my English, it's not my native language

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Nastardimus View Post
    Your discuss trouble with openal32.dll ?

But what i can do to run game ? My error on the screen:
    http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gowto0.jpg

P.s. Sorry for my English, it's not my native language
    Yeah, dude well all have the same problem. Just wait for a patch.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I have tried manually downloading the patch

wat
    I love you

The most terrible, that other u.engine 3.0 games, works perfectly in my computer... only Gears of War, which i'll waiting the whole year ... even cannot to run (

Default Solution

Ok I think I got it.. If this helps please advise. Ok are you ready for it? You are gonna love this one. Try setting your clocks...

I was having the same problem. I set my clock and most importantly the year and presto. Away it went.. Apparently the game thinks since the year is wrong, the file is bogus.

Again I hope this helps you all and let me know if it works for you.

I have my clocks and date to automatically update from windows but still same problem.

did you have the same problem as me?

openal32.dll. cannot run game with modified executable bla bla bla?

No mine was the wargame file but the same modified executable error.

What do you mean exactly by setting your clocks ?

ok i was having the error wargame cannot run game with modified executable and my fix
    was this , hope work for some of you guys
    1. Click Start, click Run, type cmd in the Open box, and then OK.
    2. At the command prompt, type the following commands, and press ENTER after each command:
    regsvr32 /u softpub.dll
    regsvr32 /u wintrust.dll
    regsvr32 /u initpki.dll
    regsvr32 /u dssenh.dll
    regsvr32 /u rsaenh.dll
    regsvr32 /u gpkcsp.dll
    regsvr32 /u sccbase.dll
    regsvr32 /u slbcsp.dll
    regsvr32 /u mssip32.dll
    regsvr32 /u cryptdlg.dll
    exit
    Note Click OK if you are prompted.

Note Microsoft Windows 2000 does not include the Sccbase.dll file. If you are running a version of Windows 2000, omit the Sccbase.dll file.
    3. Restart your computer.
    4. Click Start, click Run, type cmd in the Open box, and then click OK.
    5. At the command prompt, type the following commands, and press ENTER after each command:
    regsvr32 softpub.dll
    regsvr32 wintrust.dll
    regsvr32 initpki.dll
    regsvr32 dssenh.dll
    regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
    regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
    regsvr32 sccbase.dll
    regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
    regsvr32 mssip32.dll
    regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll
    exit
    Note Click OK if you are prompted.

Note Microsoft Windows 2000 does not include the Sccbase.dll file. If you are running a version of Windows 2000, omit the Sccbase.dll file.
    6. Restart the computer.
    old so you cant try go to this page and try other things http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798

Same error with wargame.. and your fix doen't work for me. But thx anyway for try.

2_EPIC: It's your work!! try to help us, but why other gamers, try to help and you only keep silence( terrible technical support

MSgt. Shooter Person

Ok. This is one of the wirdest things to ever happen to me on my computer. My fix was this: Stop caring. I'm not lying. I stopped caring and I ran it perfectly today, I can change all the options, I don't have to remove any files to get it to start.

Well, there is one other thing I did. The only other thing that happened befoure it started to work was that avast updated itself...

Why this fixed it I'll never know. But if any of you are using avast just stop caring and avast will update it'self.

P.S.: I'm not taking the piss, this is genuinley what happened!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: China White II

When you double clicked the shortcut and ran the game the first time did you tick any of the boxes? If you did this was the main reason i got this error. I never got it till I ticked the box about updates. To get around it go on to your CD drive in the folder X:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Gears of War\Binaries extract WarGame-G4WLive.exe from there to your hard drive and put it in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Gears of War\Binaries backup the original, then plce it in the folder see if you have any luck.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigDirty View Post
    When you double clicked the shortcut and ran the game the first time did you tick any of the boxes? If you did this was the main reason i got this error. I never got it till I ticked the box about updates. To get around it go on to your CD drive in the folder X:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Gears of War\Binaries extract WarGame-G4WLive.exe from there to your hard drive and put it in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Gears of War\Binaries backup the original, then plce it in the folder see if you have any luck.
    No, my game is completley fixed now! And I always has the "yes I will participate" box ticked and it never used to work. I jus don't know why mine works now... I can run everything on high and get about 30-40 Fps.

Still can't play online just yet, but that's just teething problems...

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigDirty View Post
    I'm sorry, don't understand too well what you mean, could you rephrase? Thanks.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: China White II

When you click the Gears of War shortcut for the first time a box pops up. There are two tick boxes. If you click the one on the left which says "only show this when there is an update" I get the "Modified executable code please reinstall the game" error. I had never ticked this box before until the other day, before this I was playing the game fine. So what I did I went on to the DVD got the WarGame-G4WLive.exe copied and replaced it with the one on my pc, that fixed the problem.

This issue I can reproduce on my other PC's too, and the fix is the same replace the broken exe, with a copied version off the DVD.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepandeat View Post
    I swear I read somewhere that having it on a partitioned drive was problematic, if I find it I will link here.
    I have 4 total partitions on 2 drives and it works just fine, it might be problematic when you cleave it wrongfully tho, problems like full corruption of data, unusable partition and so forth.
    After 13 days and completing the game few checkpoints at the time -.- due to constant crashes. XP32-64_8-43-1-1-071113a-055588E.exe driver and changed PagedPoolSize allowed me to run the game with "almost" no crashes.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hero, he is talking about the splash screen. Don't check any of the boxes on the splash screen to avoid the error (at least it worked for him).

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Timmy Skorcher

Unhappy im having the same problem Heeeeelp

everytime i tried to play! i need help none of that stuff worked for me

I had the same problem:"You cannot run the game with modified executable code". Actually the game worked fine at first, but the problem began when I was installing a new cooler, I donĺt know how but my cpu turned off sudenly. After that I couldn┤t play anymore. I tried reinstalling the game several times and nothing changedůů until I realized when it turned off, there was some kind of reset on the CPU┤s date and time. I solved the problem updating the time, date and year back to normal.
    now I┤m playing Gears of Wars normallyů

Default i need help

Quote Originally Posted by Nastardimus View Post
    I got the same erorr today but the thing about mine is that i was playing game the game normally, was about halfway done. i took a break and came back and i got this error when i tried to load it up. can some1 plz help me

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast