Results 1 to 1 of 1
  1. #1
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    75

    Default D3derr_driverinternalerror?

    Posted this in the compatibility thread as well.

    I'm having a very weird problem with the game. Whenever there's a loading screen (with the spinning Gear), there's like an 80% chance the game will crash. Either the loading screen (and the gear) freezes and the error message shows up or the screen goes black (presumably done loading) and then gives an error. In the 20% time the game successfully loads up, it never crashes. HOWEVER, if I die during the level (which is often since I suck), it goes back to a loading screen and there's a good chance it'll crash there.

    I look at the log and see this:
    Critical: appError called:
    Critical: Result failed
    at .\Src\D3D9Viewport.cpp:157
    with error D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR
    Critical: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
    Log: === Critical error: ===
    Result failed
    at .\Src\D3D9Viewport.cpp:157
    with error D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR

    RaiseException() Address = 0x7c812a5b (filename not found)
    CxxThrowException() Address = 0x78158e69 (filename not found)
    Address = 0xfb0a12 (filename not found)
    Address = 0xe8781b4c (filename not found)

    Seems like a driver issue but I'm using the ones the installer recommended for me (163.44). I don't what other drivers to use that have shown to be more stable.

    Specs:
    6800 go, 1GB ram, P4 2.40 Ghz, XP, tried settings with all low and 800x600 and same results.

    Don't know what to do. When it runs, the game plays smooth (ocassional stuttering). This is my first time with Gears and the gameplay is every bit as amazing as I imagined. However, it's just way too frustrating to get this to run without crashing and it takes away the fun. I'm about to give up.
    Last edited by BeersOfWar; 11-09-2007 at 03:39 AM.


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •