Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Naish360

Default Compiled Gears Multiplayer Fixes/Information

This thread will be used to dicuss issues and fixes for the ingame issues with Multiplayer alot of us are having. I will not be posting Vista, XP, Video, CPU, or Driver related fixes in this thread, as it solely focuses on MP and Games For Windows Live.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Installing Windows Live
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Download the latest GFW Live Redist and install it.
    Games for Windows Live Redist 1.2(Thanks Glartwort for correction)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Chatting in MP (without a Microphone)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Open console ~
    Type 'say' followed by your message. (Example: say Hey guys' what up?)

You cannot set a push to talk(Mic) at this time, it is auto-detected, check your Windows Live settings for the voice threshhold & volume adjustments

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Checking your Ping in multiplayer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    stat net
    I'm finding the game is flawless with no lag whatsoever as long as the ping is under 100. It seems that we overreacted with the Dedicated Servers, I've been playing most games with a ping around 70 and have not had a single issue with lag or host advantage yet

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Checking your Framerate
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    stat fps

Edit; Cleaned it up, was a bit more specific about chat features this time.
    Last edited by Naish; 11-09-2007 at 01:38 PM.

thank you i had absolutely no clue on how to type online after trying and trying i thoght it was simple key or combination

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DTOX2k7

Nice, thanks Naish. I knew about chat and stuff, but didn't know how to check pings.

D_TOX.
    We're not here to sell cookies!

Super Moderator

Voice chat is built in. Go to the guide and in there you can configure your voice chat and verify that the microphone (and output) is being recognized by Live.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by joeGraf View Post
    Voice chat is built in. Go to the guide and in there you can configure your voice chat and verify that the microphone (and output) is being recognized by Live.
    I think he knows that, he's just saying there is no button to bind that activates the microphone, as opposed to having it permanently broadcasting your voice/sound until you mute it.

D_TOX.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Voice chat is useless if you don't have a microphone, therefore, basic communication is unsupported. Hence why we're all using the console to do it.

I don't mean to be an ass, but honestly, who decided on that one? It's hard to think Epic really cares about PC when they leave out the most basic multiplayer commands. I'm sure it will be patched, it's in incredibly high demand, and it's just plain annoying that we have to use the developer console to access it. This is the time for Community Managers to really relay the things we want in a patch to the team, hint hint.
    Last edited by Naish; 11-08-2007 at 03:23 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I really hope there will be a patch where you can press "T", where you just chat just like any other online game. Not the console way.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Updated. If anyone else has anything to add, please PM me or post a reply with it.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

As much as I hate doing it....bump .

Iron Guard

Let us host private servers without paying for it like we have with epic's other games. Right now people are joining and I just want to play with my friends, not strangers. I'll just shoot them and mess their game up and make it miserable for them until they leave. That's the only way I can keep the people I want on and keep the people I want off. I won't pay to make my game private.

Iron Guard

What about the people who are mute, yes those people do exist. I love the game but I have a friend who can't speak so voice chat is useless.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

We do get a free month of gold, but yea, I gotta admit, the silver options are so restricted. Microsoft has to face the facts; you're 5 years late, and you CANNOT compete with steam.

I dont think they gave much into the multiplayer, they think its like the XBOX where everyone has live gold and headphones....

MSgt. Shooter Person

Wait...am I reading this right? You guys can't even press T to talk in game with people playing in the middle of the night that don't want to disturb family members?

Can I laugh EXTREMELY hard now? LMAO
    Ooops...I have to write something productive otherwise I'll get banned for trolling.

Has anyone figured out how to bind the command "talk" to a button via the .ini files? You can easily bind any command to any button in 2k4, but UE3s new control configuration, and being that this is GoW, I haven't tried figuring out if it will work in BaseInput.ini or not.

Does anyone know which ports GoW PC needs forwarded in order to host games?

Quote Originally Posted by Naish View Post
    We do get a free month of gold, but yea, I gotta admit, the silver options are so restricted. Microsoft has to face the facts; you're 5 years late, and you CANNOT compete with steam.
    your right its actually much more restricted than i was expecting it to be i rather buy another game with the price of live tbh

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by IzaFly View Post
    Wait...am I reading this right? You guys can't even press T to talk in game with people playing in the middle of the night that don't want to disturb family members?

Can I laugh EXTREMELY hard now? LMAO
    Ooops...I have to write something productive otherwise I'll get banned for trolling.
    I LOL'd. Thats brilliant.

D_TOX.

Banned

I've used the stat net command in the UT3 beta aswell, seeing as it never displayed your ping ingame.

The Problem with this at least for me, is it consistantly says I have 0 ping more then half the time, where as it feels like I'm pinging 200 or more, this happens in both GoW, and the UT3 beta.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Thanks to the mod for the sticky, I'll work on this during the weekend as I find out more.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Exclamation

wait, u mean u guys can actually play the game without it crashing b4 install? lol i'm JEALOUS!

3.4ghz dual core pentuim, 2gig ddr2, 160gig satahdd, AtiX1650pro 512mb, 18x dualayer dvd burner, Vistax86 ultimate......

HELP US!

ya man help us plzzzzz....still getting the same error VISUAL C++

Try running the game from the autorun. For whatever reason that's the only way I can get it to work without the C++ error, but once I start the game I can run it however long I want without crashing.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I have reinstalled the DX10 and it seems that it helped a bit i was able to finish the whole prison level without a crash... Came back to write about it... going back to play now... will see if it works for longer...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

This thread is not intended for issues running the game, however...

Download the latest DirectX Redist (google "dx9.0c redist" I'm too lazy to do it for you)
    Download the latest video card beta drivers (169.04 for nvidia, shoot yourself for ATI)
    Download the AMD dual core optimizer and driver(intel users are fine)

That fixes 90% of the "I can't run it" issues. Along with the live redist in my first post.
    Intel Q6600 3.6ghz (400x9)
    2GB Mushkin DDR2-800
    EVGA 8800GTX 768mb
    Asus Xonar D2X
    Windows Vista SP1-32bit
    Samsung LNT-4061/1080P
    Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speakers
    Logitech G15-B Keyboard
    Logitech G7

MSgt. Shooter Person

I have a problem (suprise suprise). I can't sign in.

When I get to the menu and press F11, nothing happens, press "Home" nothing happens. Click user profiles, nothing happens.

An I missing something? I do have an account, but I'm new. Is LIVE like steam? Do I have to download it?

Quote Originally Posted by Beakless View Post
    I have a problem (suprise suprise). I can't sign in.

When I get to the menu and press F11, nothing happens, press "Home" nothing happens. Click user profiles, nothing happens.

An I missing something? I do have an account, but I'm new. Is LIVE like steam? Do I have to download it?
    I am having somewhat of the same issue. I can "log in" but it wont sign me into Live. Was working fine yesterday.

MSgt. Shooter Person

It's because LIVE was down for up to 5 hours in certain regions for regular scheduled maintnence.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Guys, I think 'teamsay' might allow you to talk to only your team.

Skaarj

still nothing for me

once the game gets fixed I will go online!!
    Gaming pc//CoolerMaster 690//AMD Phenom X4 9950 Agena 2.6GHz(BE) Quad Core
    ASUS M3N72-D-AM2+NVIDIA Nforce 750A SLI Mobo//(Dual)EVGA GTX 260 Core 216-55nm(896 GDDR3)
    1TB SATA HDD(x2)/500GB SATA HDD(X2)//4gigs(G.Skill)DDR2(pc2-8500Ram)//DVD-RW(x2)//Vista Ultimate
    750 Watt Corsair PSU//22"Acer LCD(1680x1050)(Widescreen)//80GB Ipod Video
    Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard//Razer DeathAdder Mouse//XBox360-pc controller(Heat-trivium nate)

Fixes:

This game absolutely needs dedicated servers.

Fix co-op so that when a player joins and then disconnects it doesn't shut the host's game down.

Call me what you will but ....

Are there dedicated servers for GOW PC or is it all user hosted sessions ?

Skaarj

Quote Originally Posted by Naish View Post
    This thread will be used to dicuss issues and fixes for the ingame issues with Multiplayer alot of us are having. I will not be posting Vista, XP, Video, CPU, or Driver related fixes in this thread, as it solely focuses on MP and Games For Windows Live.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Installing Windows Live
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Download the latest GFW Live Redist and install it.
    Games for Windows Live Redist 1.2(Thanks Glartwort for correction)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Chatting in MP (without a Microphone)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Open console ~
    Type 'say' followed by your message. (Example: say Hey guys' what up?)

You cannot set a push to talk(Mic) at this time, it is auto-detected, check your Windows Live settings for the voice threshhold & volume adjustments

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Checking your Ping in multiplayer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    stat net
    I'm finding the game is flawless with no lag whatsoever as long as the ping is under 100. It seems that we overreacted with the Dedicated Servers, I've been playing most games with a ping around 70 and have not had a single issue with lag or host advantage yet

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Checking your Framerate
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    stat fps

Edit; Cleaned it up, was a bit more specific about chat features this time.

Game doesnt work so god knows what your dribbling on about.
    Muzzle
    ------------------
    The Un-Impressed.

MSgt. Shooter Person

game not working for me any help it's been 2 weeks now can epic plz return my money cuz I just spent 60$ to sit on top of my desk and cant use it thanks plz refund

Can we get some reps from Epic to assist us or at least some info on getting a refund for this game?

I'm going to CC on Fri. with a printout of this forum and a couple others and show them that the game is defective and it doesn't work and maybe they'll refund my money. I'm asking for help from Epic in case they don't refund my money since it's opened software.

I've installed this on 2 pcs one with AMD, Nvidia build and another with Intel, ATI and the game doesn't work on either system.

This falls under lemon laws of each state and I'll mention that if there's a problem getting my money back but why hasn't Epic or the powers that be announced something or at least tried to help refund our hard earned money? We paid for a product and a game, shouldn't we get what we paid for? Or how do these people sleep at nights?

Nevermind, i went into CC today and let them know what was wrong with the game and how it wouldn't even start and they refunded me 100% no restocking or anything. For anyone looking for a refund make sure you let them KNOW about the issues and how all your other games run fine and ask to speak to a manager not any of the pimple faced 12 year olds. They should refund it without problems.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Does any body know if there's bots in this game, like say i started a lan game, could i spawn bots, and if so what are the commands.
    thnx in advance.

Default PC Vs XBOX360

Hey peeps, can PC people play with XBOX360 people?

I got an invite from a mate, but when i accepted, it said to 'start the game then open this message again'

So i sent him an invite, but he said it came up with a message saying start the PC version, i was really hoping we could all play together like nice boys and girls?

Listy

MSgt. Shooter Person

No you can't play together.
    Q6600 G0 | Gigabyte DSR3 | BFG OC 8800GT 512MB | OCZ 2GB 800MHz

Quote Originally Posted by r3eee View Post
    No you can't play together.
    Not even with a GOLD account?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast