Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Administrator

Default Unreal Tournament 3 has Gone Gold!

Well, here it is, the official announcement!

EPIC AND MIDWAY ANNOUNCE UNREAL TOURNAMENT 3 PC HAS GONE GOLD

All-New Cinematics Trailer Now Available

Midway and Epic today announced that Unreal Tournament 3 has gone to gold master for the PC. Developed by the team behind the critically acclaimed video game Gears of War, Unreal Tournament 3 is currently scheduled to ship in North America on November 19th for the PC with a suggested retail price of $49.95 and $59.95 for the collector’s edition. The PlayStation®3 version will follow soon. Unreal Tournament fans can get a taste of the compelling first person shooter by checking out the single-player trailer, or downloading the beta demo.

Unreal Tournament 3 marks the return of the world’s premiere first-person shooter to the PC, and its debut on PlayStation® 3. Unreal Tournament 3 unleashes the full power of Unreal Engine 3, taking graphics, gameplay, and challenge to a whole new level. Players engage in intense battles with other human players online, or against Unreal artificial intelligence that sets the industry standard. With the most powerful futuristic weapons and vehicles available, this is FPS action at its best!

-end of official announcement-

According to Midway the plan is to ship in the US on the 19th and in Europe on the 22nd. We don't have dates for the PS3 version yet but we're putting the finishing touches on it now and it is going to be great.
    Last edited by Mark Rein; 10-31-2007 at 11:07 AM.

Iron Guard

w00t! Congrats!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yessssssss!
    TOT~Bon3z
    • BFG Tech GeForce 8800GTX OC2 (626MHz Core/2000MHz Memory)
    • Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 OC'ed to 3.26GHz
    • Kingston HyperX 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel

MSgt. Shooter Person

Congrats

Edit : doh
    Last edited by Loki; 10-31-2007 at 09:46 AM.

Redeemer

Good news.
    I'm so ready for it.

MSgt. Shooter Person

great news
    PC first.

Congrats Epic team!

I sure hope that you guys were able to make the server browser as good as or preferably better than the UT 2004 browser and that you fixed all of the bugs and many annoyances that people complained about. Now it's time to take a week or two off before having to come back and deal with bug reports and the preparation of the first patch.

Can't wait to play the full game. UT3...UT99-2...the return of populated no-vehicles regular weapons CTF servers!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sourpuss View Post
    ......the return of populated no-vehicles regular weapons CTF servers!
    Oh noes!! Boringness!!

Sorry. I just find pure foot action really boring, and that's the reason I only ever played the 99 demo.

But it's nice to know people still exist to keep the game alive.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rein View Post
    All-New Cinematics Trailer Now Available
    i want theese new stuff while the game isnt in my local store!!!!1 (which here in brazil will porbably happen only in december or even 2008)
    Core 2 Duo E8400, Evercool Buffalo, GA-G31M-S2L, 2x2GB Corsair XMS2 800, GeForce 8800GTS 320/320 (g80 bleh) 200GB SATAII and 320SATAII

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rein View Post
    ....and in Europe on the 22nd.
    Does that mean, there is ONE Version of the game for whole Europe? No special tuned-down Version for germany? Personally, I hope so.

Good job btw.
    UT3-Ingame-Nick: [»A«]ZenMaster.jW

Visit us @ irc.quakenet.org #armageddon.ut, #mpukut3.warfare

Quote Originally Posted by oldkawman1 View Post
    "Warfare is onslaught on crack"
    Word!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Congratulations Epic!

Veteran

I am from Europe and my Birthday is Nov. 22nd.

Here are my birthday-wishes:

- fixed eyeheight
    - 1st person in vehicles and zoomable 3rd person
    - a great UI with nice usabilty and a lot of features.

Thanks in advance EPIC.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by fuegerstef View Post

- fixed eyeheight

Thanks in advance EPIC.

Prolly no cake for you . Guess we'll see though, we can only hope?!?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Congrats Epic!!! YES! YES! GOLD! GOLD!
    -=Shadow_Raptor=-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nAJn2PUARk
    PSN ID: raptorx3, Gamespy ID: Shadow_Raptor

Yeah I'm really excited about UT3 and even more about the tons of muts, mods and maps later on.

Well done Epic.

Banned

- fixed eyeheight

Thanks in advance EPIC.

I don't understand why you can't be happy with how great the game is ... why is it people have to find fault with everything? I don't get it. The game is great and feels fine to me. Epic if you have some time and that is in the pipeline fine but please don't delay it because of complaints like the above. Just make patches if necessary. Though I like the UI but it does need a little tweaking.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by NakhtiUT3 View Post
    I don't understand why you can't be happy with how great the game is ... why is it people have to find fault with everything? I don't get it. The game is great and feels fine to me. Epic if you have some time and that is in the pipeline fine but please don't delay it because of complaints like the above. Just make patches if necessary. Though I like the UI but it does need a little tweaking.
    Personally, I don't see it as fault finding in the first and third case. It's a broken aspect of the game. There are a few issues with the beta demo that many people are really hoping are ironed out with the full release. I am one of those people. I don't know much about Feug's second request (as I don't use the vehicles really), but to me the first issue is 'broke' and the third issue is 'pretty much broke'.

I agree with you, it does feel fine and it is a great game so far.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by [404]Cham3l3on View Post
    Personally, I don't see it as fault finding in the first and third case. It's a broken aspect of the game. There are a few issues with the beta demo that many people are really hoping are ironed out with the full release. I am one of those people. I don't know much about Feug's second request (as I don't use the vehicles really), but to me the first issue is 'broke' and the third issue is 'pretty much broke'.

I agree with you, it does feel fine and it is a great game so far.
    That is another thread though ... this thread is really to say thank you and congrats to Epic for going Gold ... not to complain about things ... that is just how I feel. Start a thread now that the game has gone gold and place all you complaints/suggestions in that thread. It is not appropriate for this one imo.

Banned

Epic if you have some time and that is in the pipeline fine but please don't delay it because of complaints like the above. Just make patches if necessary.
    ....Ignore this guy, don't be EA please.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Nice job EPIC! I am soooo looking forward to this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lostsoul View Post
    ....Ignore this guy, don't be EA please.
    Nah .... they don't need to ignore me ... they need to ignore all those whining about small bugs and a UI they don't like ... well a lot of us do like that UI for the menus ... it looks slick. They are not EA anyway what are you talking about? I just think this thread is for saying thanks and congrats ... not talking about fixing bugs ... don't you folks think that they already read all your posts talking about the bugs and the things you don't like about the game? Why bring that to this thread?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Nah .... they don't need to ignore me ... they need to ignore all those whining about small bugs and a UI they don't like ... well a lot of us do like that UI for the menus ... it looks slick. They are not EA anyway what are you talking about? I just think this thread is for saying thanks and congrats ... not talking about fixing bugs ... don't you folks think that they already read all your posts talking about the bugs and the things you don't like about the game? Why bring that to this thread?
    Why are you arguing against valid pointing out of issues that could only lead to a better game? Agreed, some of the 'issues' are subjective, but you cant detract from the validity of people pointing out bugs in the game (player vision height, guns firing from head, bugged net browser, lack of graphics options etc). So MYOB with the 'ignore these whiners' comments I think, feedback is there for a reason, no game is ever perfect, dont be delusional and think ut3 is above bugs, we all want it to be the best game it can be tbh

Congrats epic, Ive got CE preordered and cant wait, any news on the aus/nz release?
    Last edited by eckz; 11-01-2007 at 07:56 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

- fixed eyeheight

Thanks in advance EPIC.

+1 and i can't wait!!
    Download my "Fight Club", "Jackie Brown", or "Malibu's Most Wanted" Voice Packs at FileFront here.

MSgt. Shooter Person

- fixed eyeheight

Thanks in advance EPIC.

Also from Europe and also my birthday is on the 22th of november.
    I agree that eyeheight have to be fix and also online servers issues.
    I'd love a changelog before buying it.

Waiting that day...

Banned

WOOHOO!!!! CONGRATS!!!!

11/19 12:00AM, EB GAMES you are MINE!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thumbs up

Sorry I have to...

UNREAL TOURNAMENT 3 GONE GOLD FTMFW!!!!!

KICK@**!!! Congrats guys looking forward to playing it!

It will be an Unreal holiday indeed....
    I grew up after, in the ruins...

Original join date June 2001. Original name abandoned. Life means reinventing yourself once in awhile...

Banned

Yay!!! This is great news ... Gears next week and then two weeks later UT3 and inbetween Crysis ... man PC gamers are really having a great month along with us 360 owners (we get Mass Effect for example and that is the other main game I have been waiting for). Thanks Mark Rein for starting this thread and congrats again. I saw some complaints at the end of the other thread and they were way off imo. This version of UT is my fav so far and to be honest I never thought there would be a game to come along and knock off UT2K4 but this is the one.

This may be the best all around game ever as far as shooters goes ... but also CoD4 comes out so there is some more competition I forgot to mention but no worries UT3 is probably the best release for all of November. I know it is the game I have been waiting for the most of any game ... and yes that included my fav 360 game Halo 3. I really want to get my hand on the dev tools ... I know of folks who have had their hands in it for months and they have such a headstart ... man I really want to make a great mod so yeah the sooner the better and this is really good news.

Also good news for PS3 gamers because they actually mention it and say that the product is close to being released on that platform. But nothing about the 360 version ... hmmm what's up with that ... I guess it is just too far off to warrant any words.

Redeemer

but no worries UT3 is probably the best release for all of November.
    November? wtf?
    I like to think (and hope lol) it will be GOTY.

Skaarj

Congratulations Epic!
    Awesome time to be a PC gamer

MSgt. Shooter Person

Congratulations Dev Team! Looking forward to the best UT game since the classic orginal. But damn you for only giving me about a week or so to beat Mario Galaxy and the additional single player content for Gears PC before I devote the next year or so my life to UT again.

When will see the official "changes" list from the Beta to the release version?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Can someone find the guess the release date topic and gratz the people who guessed it :P?

And I have a question for Mark, did you change the interface of the PC version (especially serverbrowser)?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Flame me all you want, but I seriously hope all the issues have been fixed.

Ie: eyeheight, flak secondary, link gun linking, vehicle zoom, widescreen support, better menu, better server browser, hoverboard jump bugs, etc.

Please Epic, tell us it's all better now!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jacobi289 View Post

Ie: eyeheight, flak secondary, link gun linking, vehicle zoom, widescreen support, better menu, better server browser, hoverboard jump bugs, etc.

If all that bothers you so much then don't buy the game ... go find another one that has great bots, levels, amazing graphics, incredible weapons, mutators, is 100% moddable, etc. etc. ... find that game that is so perfect and I hope you are happy. With all that Epic has done if all you can do is ask for me then you really don't appreciate or get all that Epic has been able to do with this game. And I really feel this is not an appropriate thread for complaining about the things you don't like in the game.

If all that bothers you so much then don't buy the game ... go find another one that has great bots, levels, amazing graphics, incredible weapons, mutators, is 100% moddable, etc. etc. ... find that game that is so perfect and I hope you are happy. With all that Epic has done if all you can do is ask for me then you really don't appreciate or get all that Epic has been able to do with this game. And I really feel this is not an appropriate thread for complaining about the things you don't like in the game.
    Don't be a suckup.

Gratz Epic.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Freeseus View Post
    Don't be a suckup.

Gratz Epic.
    No one is being a suck up young man ... I am just telling the truth ... how can you argue against that. Don't you appreciate all the hard work that has gone into this game? I know I do ... an incredible amount!

MSgt. Shooter Person

No one is being a suck up young man ... I am just telling the truth ... how can you argue against that. Don't you appreciate all the hard work that has gone into this game? I know I do ... an incredible amount!
    You are beeing a suckup.
    I appreciate all the hard work.. but i dont want to be disappointed again like i was with ut2k3 and ut2k4. I want this game to be good. All the mentioned fixed are a must!

Gratz Epic for Gold, lets hope it was not too early and the fixes are done!

Quote Originally Posted by Sourpuss View Post
    Can't wait to play the full game. UT3...UT99-2...the return of populated no-vehicles regular weapons CTF servers!
    i sure hope your right!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Repost since the other thread was closed:

Too soon imo.. the beta demo had so many issues, I can hardly imagine they have all been addressed. Unless the beta demo was a really old build.. Let's hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobi289 View Post

Quoted for truth.
    MarkRein[Epic] Our PC fanbase is of ultimate importance to us.
    MarkRein[Epic] They are our bread and butter.
    MarkRein[Epic] We can't let them down or compromise their experience in any way...

MSgt. Shooter Person

Congrats to Epic Games.

i hope too they had time left to fix some issues, eyeheight/playerscale, vehicle camera distance, etc.

Redeemer

Big congratulations to Epic Games. I look forward to get notice that I have a game to collect from my local store.

I look forward so much to get my hands on Warfare gamemode and see what it feels like and if its just as great as it looks to be on the trailers.
    bN\Grim
    beNighted old school UT2k3/4 iCTF clan back in UT3
    #benighted @ Quakenet
    benighted.se

MSgt. Shooter Person

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
    Last edited by <|StP|>; 10-31-2007 at 02:00 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast