Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Seriously...

Iron Guard

Well, for the past few days 0-3 people have been playing this game, so I doubt I'll ever get the achievement. Thanks Epic, thanks.

MSgt. Shooter Person

well, i went on xbox.com and i found xbox's phone number, but i couldnt figure out how to get their email. they said i needed some password

MSgt. Shooter Person

I emailed xbox and they emailed me back asking me to phone them. I may try that sometime soon. I now have 14590 kills without getting this damn thing. And while the xbox servers were down, i managed to complete cod4 in 5 days 1000 gamerscore, beut. Now that game is incredible with NO achievement problems

MSgt. Shooter Person

I have been using the BBB to try and resolve this issue, more information should be officially posted soon.
    ATTN PEOPLE WITH WEAPONS/SERIOUSLY ACHIEVEMENTS NOT UNLOCKING:
    -Epic has made NO official response.
    -Force Epic to answer you by filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau or emailing them directly.
    -Email Address: info-bbb@epicgames.com
    -BBB Profile: http://easternnc.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Rep...&firm=90001957

'Seriously...' Achievement Issue Discussion

Petition - 'Respond to and Fix the 'Seriously...' Achievement Bug!'

MSgt. Shooter Person

Drewski, any luck yet? I now have 15,050 kills (according to the leader boards)with no seriously. YES!!

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Mighty Ming

I've looked everywhere and can't believe there is still no official statement about the Seriously issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeroRevolver View Post
    Raam punched and stabbed a bald guy, this argument is invalid.

I'm not as bad off as most of you guys... 10,549 kills and no ach. 10k+ in warzone alone. Since about 9500 I've read forums on multiple websites and have not played any of the downloadable maps for over 1k kills just to try to dispel that rumor but lots of people get it after playing those maps.

Has anyone checked the monthly leaderboard once they unlock it? Wondering if that has to be 10k?
    Last edited by tjayars; 01-15-2008 at 10:34 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mr pot noodle

The monthly boards desperately need reseting but if i have to wait till I get 10000 on them i'll be on nearly 13000 kills
    Im gonna saw me some grub and make me a quater pounder with extra cheese hold the relish!!!

Big thanks to Angryjohnny123 for Aftermath Baird
    Big thanks to dab0ne for Jungle Tai

xboxlive: mr pot noodle

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer171 View Post
    Drewski, any luck yet? I now have 15,050 kills (according to the leader boards)with no seriously. YES!!

No man, like 17,500. It's stupid. I've actually been playing more CoD4 than GoW nowadays. Still play Gears sometimes tho.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by tjayars View Post
    I'm not as bad off as most of you guys... 10,549 kills and no ach. 10k+ in warzone alone. Since about 9500 I've read forums on multiple websites and have not played any of the downloadable maps for over 1k kills just to try to dispel that rumor but lots of people get it after playing those maps.

Has anyone checked the monthly leaderboard once they unlock it? Wondering if that has to be 10k?
    Mine is well over 10k. 15,196 ATM. It's never reset. I don't really get why it's called monthly.
    Last edited by Drewski82; 01-17-2008 at 10:41 AM.

It will have blood, they say; blood will have blood..

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kombat soldier

hey man, all our achievements are saved on your gamer profile on xbox live. if oyu recover it from any xbox you will continue from where you left off

Iron Guard

19,140 kills, no achievement. Not even kidding, or exaggerating.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I Andrew Ryan I

I got mine at 10,800 kills all together. The match I got it in was a 3v2 (me on the larger team), we won, I stole no kills, none of my kills were stolen and I was on the hosts team, so no quitting. The kills counted on the leader boards, my monthly score was at a little more than 10k, if that means anything... probably not.

For the really anal amongst us it was a canals, with friends, 8 rounds. Also, when I played ranked matches with friends I was designated host, perhaps that's the reason why I got it "early", because about 4k of my kills must have came from matches that I hosted.
    Pearl of Wisdom this week--

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use in being a damn fool about it.

--W. C. Fields on Gears Of War 2.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski82 View Post
    19,140 kills, no achievement. Not even kidding, or exaggerating.
    fuk man! I am now on 16200+ with no luck. I hope I dont have to go to 20,000, that would really suck. Good luck and im sure u must get it before 20,000? EDIT: I phoned microsoft and the guy didn't even know the game gears and blamed the problem on my router..... bunch of incompetent idiots
    Last edited by Slayer171; 01-31-2008 at 04:01 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I don't think i'll ever get it but I will keep playing as long as im having fun and if it pops up then its a bonus
    Im gonna saw me some grub and make me a quater pounder with extra cheese hold the relish!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

seriously unlocked @ 11,300+ kills or so...... KOBE!
    Gears 1: 100%
    Gears 2: 100%
    Gears 3: 100%
    Weapons: Gnasher|Lancer|Torque
    Gears 1: Cole|Elite Grenadier|Gridlock|Warzone
    Gears 2: Tai|Beast Rider|Jacinto|Guardian
    Gears 3: Superstar Cole|Savage Grenadier Elite|Checkout|TDM

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Wow, here we are in February and even a BBB complaint has yielded no results. This is so pathetic, not even an official sticky thread. If you guys are really getting annoyed with Epic then maybe filing some BBB complaints or directly emailing them will get their attention. If the masses start harassing them, then there will may be results.

All my complaint yielded was 'I'll see what I can do' and Epic fixing their inactive email accounts. The below information should be accurate, so try emailing them if anything.

Customer Contact: Ms. Anne F. Dube, Office Manager - (919) 854-0070
    Email Address: info-bbb@epicgames.com

BBB Profile: http://easternnc.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Rep...&firm=90001957

Just ask Epic why there has been no official response to the issue and why they are not taking their customers seriously. Try not to be rude, or too technical since I am sure that their customer service isn't always familiar with 'seriously' or '10k kills on gears man'. Ask questions and be very specific. Goodluck.
    -Force Epic to answer you by filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau or emailing them directly.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UnsaferRiceball PSN ID: Unsafermike2002

thats not the only issue you should be worried about - dont forget the other other major problems
    /\__/\
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") System Model: ASUS = G71GX-RX05 / Vista 64bit Home Premium
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53GHz (2 CPUs) - Rated at: 3.75 GHz
    Memory: 6142MB RAM / Video: 1440x900 @ 59hz on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M - 1.00 Gb

System Model: Toshiba = Satellite S-4817 / Vista 32bit Home Premium
    Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-58 @ 1.9GHz (2 CPUs) - rated at 3.84GHz
    GPU: 1280x800 @ 59Hz on ATI Radeon X1200 - 128mb
    Memory: 2048mb DDR2 SDRAM

MSgt. Shooter Person

I gave up on it a long time ago now. Moved on and away from this game. Would be interesting to see what their response is, if they ever respond.

Mine unlocked 11,242 1/27/08...

this game is ****e i aint got it niether an ive read all posts an lets see if theyre paying attention.... epic your **** at making games, why not make something that works ?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by unsafermike2002 View Post
    thats not the only issue you should be worried about - dont forget the other other major problems
    Are those PC related? What are they?

Iron Guard

fuk man! I am now on 16200+ with no luck. I hope I dont have to go to 20,000, that would really suck. Good luck and im sure u must get it before 20,000? EDIT: I phoned microsoft and the guy didn't even know the game gears and blamed the problem on my router..... bunch of incompetent idiots
    LOL. Yeah they don't know much besides how to set up a repair order. Even that they screw up.

I hope I get it before 20k, though it's not looking good being at 19,643...it's pretty frustrating to wonder if you're going to get it after every game you play for 10,000 kills, but never getting it. At this point, I'm wondering if I'll ever get it, even if I went to 100,000. I go on streaks with this game, I'll have 2,000 kills one week, and like 100 the next because it's pissing me off too much.

Oh well, this game's got like 3k more kills out of me, before I quit playing entirely.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hang in there, you will get it real soon, you are bound to. I havn't been getting that many kills recently because everytime i get like maybe 20-30 kills, the host quits because he sucks, which is a massive waste of my time and everybody elses.

I now have exactly 16700 kills.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xR rAmPaGe vZ

I was hoping to get my Seriously achievement at 10K kills. Sadly I didn't. Got it around 12.5K kills.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Punisherx78

I agree wit this guy 100%.. I got over 13,000 kills all 'warzone'.. It's stupid that it won't unlock. And even more stupid that epic or nobody does anything about the issue besides ignore it.. If it don't unlock soon, I'll break the game and send it to epic...

Iron Guard

Hang in there, you will get it real soon, you are bound to. I havn't been getting that many kills recently because everytime i get like maybe 20-30 kills, the host quits because he sucks, which is a massive waste of my time and everybody elses.

I now have exactly 16700 kills.
    Gotta love when the host quits, seems to happen more often than it used to...That's another reason I haven't been playing that much. You're right. It seems like every time you have a good game/connection, everyone thinks you're glitching, and quits.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: U1 849 K A

Wow, all this angst over a little achievement? Seriously... get a life. And maybe some perspective on what's actually important.

And before you go saying I don't know how you feel, I worked until I unlocked the damned Scout shoulders in Halo3, only to have them re-lock without warning or reason. Those're a d***ed pain to get, but I'm not about to throw a tantrum and send my broken disc to Bungie...
    MAP MIXER 3.00 Final! UT ain't complete without it.
    Does any one know where the love of God goes When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
    The searchers all say they'd have made Whitefish Bay If they'd put fifteen more miles behind 'er.
    They might have split up or they might have capsized; They may have broke deep and took water.
    And all that remains is the faces and the names Of the wives and the sons and the daughters.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
    Wow, all this angst over a little achievement? Seriously... get a life. And maybe some perspective on what's actually important.

And before you go saying I don't know how you feel, I worked until I unlocked the damned Scout shoulders in Halo3, only to have them re-lock without warning or reason. Those're a d***ed pain to get, but I'm not about to throw a tantrum and send my broken disc to Bungie...
    i love it when people make fun of us getting seriously...
    fact is, you're on the forum talking about it dumbazz
    so, we are all the same..
    i do have a life, a play varsity baseball and jv basketball as a sophomore
    so, why dont you go get a life
    Gears 1: 100%
    Gears 2: 100%
    Gears 3: 100%
    Weapons: Gnasher|Lancer|Torque
    Gears 1: Cole|Elite Grenadier|Gridlock|Warzone
    Gears 2: Tai|Beast Rider|Jacinto|Guardian
    Gears 3: Superstar Cole|Savage Grenadier Elite|Checkout|TDM

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jax Demon

If people want a host for gears ranked let me know via pm
    Im in the uk but I dont quit ranked matches if Im host or not

Anyway If you have a set host and people join it fills up quicker
    So what I tend to do is talk to the host and see what map there hostng next and join there matches again

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xPiCx DACAMASE

I'm sitting at 11,254 kills. When I got to 10,000 I was told by another person to check the monthly stats because All-Time isn't what counts anymore...supposedly they heard this from Epic. So I started watching my monthly stats. I got to 10,000 in the monthly & still no seriously. I'm at 10,980 in Monthly so it definitely wasn't that. Here's to hoping I get it soon. I'd just like to see the Achievement unlock. It's not like I'll stop playing the game. Heck I'll keep playing until Gears II comes out. I love the game, despite all the glitching, b!tching, and quitting.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Dancer View Post

Get a life, says the guy with 1000+ posts on a game website. And i am not throwing a tantrum, i'm simply discussing my achievement problems with other people in a similar position, which in fact doesn't really concern you, so frankly, i think you should shut up. Oh and armour is easy to unlock in Halo...so its not really the same...

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: o S m 0 k 3 o

I came up with a theory for all people with 15k kills and below and no seriously. Anyone above that, good luck. MY THEORY:
    -Weapons achievements dont always unlock at 100. Some do at 120 some at 150.
    -Say your headshot achievement unlocks at 125 kills. Thats 25 kills OVER 100 or 25% of the achievement.
    -Now lets step it up, Seriously 10,000 kills.
    -Lets say you unlock it at 12500, thats 2500 kills over 10,000 or 25% of the achivement.

Get my drift? Its all a percentage thing. My curbstomps didnt unlock til 143 kills. 43% over what i needed. That transfers to 4300 kills when compared to 10,000. Thats it

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by o S m 0 k 3 o View Post
    I came up with a theory for all people with 15k kills and below and no seriously. Anyone above that, good luck. MY THEORY:
    -Say your headshot achievement unlocks at 125 kills. Thats 25 kills OVER 100 or 25% of the achievement.
    -Lets say you unlock it at 12500, thats 2500 kills over 10,000 or 25% of the achivement.

Get my drift? Its all a percentage thing. My curbstomps didnt unlock til 143 kills. 43% over what i needed. That transfers to 4300 kills when compared to 10,000. Thats it
    I dunno. I got my grenade tag achievement at 90. I have 19,900 kills and no seriously achievement.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Well if your theory is right I should get my this is annex achievement soon as im currently on 125 games

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: o S m 0 k 3 o

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski82 View Post
    I dunno. I got my grenade tag achievement at 90. I have 19,900 kills and no seriously achievement.
    Well that sucks bro. Just curious though how many kills you got in each of the gametypes?

Iron Guard

Well that sucks bro. Just curious though how many kills you got in each of the gametypes?

18 assassination (lol!), 283 execution, 19,649 warzone. 50 kills to 20,000!
    Last edited by Drewski82; 02-17-2008 at 04:02 AM.

Now still Epic will say, "it's gamers fault of quitting the matches". Give me a break... It's a clear example of faulty code and a poor support from Epic software. . Microsoft xbox live trueskill is a match making service. No where on their site they talk about quitters and their achievements scaling back and forth. This is all made up by Epic programmers to pass the bucks in microsoft courts. In reality either Epic messed up with leaderboard code where they show unnecessary kills that do not macth with achievment kills or they messed up in the achievment code line..Epic need to hire people good in math. ..Hint .. 10,000 is four zeros after 1

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast