Banned

Arrow WOW! 1000Hz High-Speed Ultra-Polling TWEAK FILES For Your USB Mouse - FREE UPGRADE

Well, here's a FREE UPGRADE to anyone who wants to experience silky smoothness like never before in their FPS game without the latest hardware! MX-518 owners will love this! It works with most standard mice - the degree to which will be determined by the quality of your mouse hardware. This is not new, but shockingly, very little is known about these special tweak files. If you're serious about your game though, then this is a 'must'. If you've already got one of the latest top-of-the-line (corded) mice from Razer, Logitech or Microsoft, then you are probably are already running at 1000Hz (or are capable of it). Razer has been doing it for a while it fact. Mice are very personal things however, and we all have our favorites for our own personal reasons. But unless you have one of the newer mouses available, then you are likely just running at only 125Hz! After the tweak, you will be running anywhere from 500-1000Hz and will both SEE & FEEL a very noticable difference instantly! Your mouse will become much more responsive over shorter distances as it's position is being read at a much higher rate. This is accomplished by raising the USB port speed to 1000Hz from the standard 125Hz. It is completely safe and harmless and it aslo completely reversible via the same software tool. It might take a bit of getting used to at first and you may even need to make a few sensitivity adjustments as well.

The original tool was released by Techconnect Magazine for Windows XP & Windows 2000 - it is called: "USB Mouserate Switcher 1.1". It stopped working for XP however if you tried to apply it AFTER installing Service Pack 2. Surprisingly noone updated it! It was driving me crazy because once you've experienced 1000Hz, you really don't ever want to go back to 125Hz.

I searched and searched and searched and just when I thought all hope was lost I stumbled upon a newer utility that DOES in fact work with XP SP2! It's called "USB Port Tweaker".

You can download the utility here (the referring page for the file is: http://www.esreality.com/?a=all&user_id=24555)

To confirm both your existing and new speeds, you can download a program called "Mouse Rate Checker" from here (the referring page for the file is: http://tscherwitschke.de/download.html)

Happy Fragging!

P.S. 1000Hz can be accomplished in Vista too - here is a Google link for more information

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    Last edited by 3NVY; 10-19-2007 at 10:45 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Xeonshock

I upgraded from a 1 button Logitech G5 (polling rate = 500) to a 2 button Logitech G5 (polling rate =1000). I noticed a BIG difference in my accuracy.

Banned

got a application from my razer cd so i can switch to 125 500 or 1000

never see much difference anyway

MSgt. Shooter Person

Soemtimes that 1000 polling can cause mouse lag and jitters .. my habu is back at 500

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xeonshock View Post
    I upgraded from a 1 button Logitech G5 (polling rate = 500) to a 2 button Logitech G5 (polling rate =1000). I noticed a BIG difference in my accuracy.
    That's purely psychological. Going from 500hz to 1000hz makes very little difference in terms of the accuracy and response of the sensor.

Read this for more info. If I had swapped out the mouse without you knowing, you wouldn't have had a big difference in your accuracy.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by writhed View Post
    That's purely psychological. Going from 500hz to 1000hz makes very little difference in terms of the accuracy and response of the sensor.

Read this for more info. If I had swapped out the mouse without you knowing, you wouldn't have had a big difference in your accuracy.
    I think it's because the laser on my G5 was really spotty, I know 1000 isn't a big difference from 500 so sorry if I made it seem that way. Perhaps it was a lot of dirt or something but it would skip around fairly often.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Not that it has much to do with this exactly, but if anyone's looking at getting a new mouse, I've been really happy with the G9 that came out a while back. Smooth as ever and no lag when I pick it up and put it down. Surprisingly, the weights you can put in it are helpful.
    Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition @ 3.2ghz
    xfx OC 8800GT
    2 gig G-skill 800
    700w OC PSU
    160GB Sata

-Machine style guns need to be less powerful. They're a joke with Double Damage.
    -Slow weapon switch, WTF? What happened to the gamespeed?

MSgt. Shooter Person

125 times a second is far far faster than the screen refreshes, how can it possibly make adifference

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by Devil_Spawn View Post
    125 times a second is far far faster than the screen refreshes, how can it possibly make adifference
    Ideally the mouse refresh rate would be synchronized to the screen refresh, but it's not, so at 125Hz the mouse position shown on the screen could be one sampled as much as 1/125th of a second ago. At 1000Hz it can be no more than 1/1000th of a second out.

I used nLite to patch my XP install CD permanently to 250Hz. I didn't set it higher because I couldn't feel any difference above that speed, but it did use more CPU time.

Redeemer

the set point on my G5 doesn't want work, I install the CD but when it restarts it cant find it

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by writhed View Post

I tend to agree. I'd bet that nobody could tell the difference between the two in a blind test.

There's a lot of stuff marketed to gamers in the same way that stuff is marketed to audiophiles, with impressive-sounding numbers that actually make no difference in performance, except in the mind of the purchaser.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Logy View Post
    I tend to agree. I'd bet that nobody could tell the difference between the two in a blind test.

There's a lot of stuff marketed to gamers in the same way that stuff is marketed to audiophiles, with impressive-sounding numbers that actually make no difference in performance, except in the mind of the purchaser.
    That's true. Who honestly needs 4000 dpi for their mouse? Unless you are running a freakishly huge resolution and need to move the cursor around a lot, it's useless. I generally stick with 200-800 dpi and only switch it to higher numbers if I need to turn really fast, e.g. in a slow turning turret in BF2142.

Mouse optical mice (and nearly EVERY laser mouse) will produce TONS of negative acceleration if you're using anything higher than 500hz. Honestly, 125hz is perfectly fine. 500 might be smoother, but it isn't going to make you a better player. If anything, it'll make you worse -- especially taking into account the fact that you've probably been using windows 125hz polling for ages.