Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Lmfao - Graphics problem

Hey. I just got news that UT3 demo was out so I dled it and installed and launched it up... when I got in game... I could swear I was on LSD.

Right now, I am on a pretty ****ty computer, dads house. Here are the current specs:

CPU Type: DualCore Intel Pentium D 805, 2666 MHz (20 x 133)
    MB: ECS P4M800Pro-M
    Memory: 1024 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
    Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900XT (128 MB)

Once again, I know it's really ****ty... but I mean come on... look at that picture... that bad? Roflmao. If it's just my computer, that's fine I guess I gotta wait until I get to my own house, just want to see if it's this crappy ass comp. Thanks.

yes Same thing happens to me. No matter what i put the game settings on it puts them to 640x40 everything set on low.
    Please help us.
    my specs
    E6600 2.4ghz
    2 gigs DDR2 PC800
    8800GTS 640mb

MSgt. Shooter Person

thats not a graphics problem thats called you having a piece of **** computer, spend more than 500$ on a dell and then get a SS. the game looks fu.cking crystal clear on my comp and I am loving it... minus all the idiots *****ing after the round how the graphics are bad.. its not the game its your ****ty ass comp, you should know by now that a 5 series nvidia doesn't run UT3.
    Last edited by Frank the Avenger; 10-13-2007 at 03:50 PM.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by embreed View Post
    Right now, I am on a pretty ****ty computer, dads house. Here are the current specs:

CPU Type: DualCore Intel Pentium D 805, 2666 MHz (20 x 133)
    MB: ECS P4M800Pro-M
    Memory: 1024 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
    Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900XT (128 MB)
    Actually your computer is below the minimum spec for this game so the fact that it runs at all is amazing.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ewiese View Post
    thats not a graphics problem thats called you having a piece of sh1t computer, spend more than 500$ on a dell and then get a SS. the game looks fu.***** crystal clear on my comp and I am loving it... minus all the idiots *****ing after the round how the graphics are bad.. its not the game its your ****ty ass comp, you should know by now that a 5 series nvidia doesn't run UT3.
    This kind of post is not helpful - please don't flame people in this forum.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rein View Post
    Actually your computer is below the minimum spec for this game so the fact that it runs at all is amazing.
    amen, tired of these dumb ****s trying to hate on the game because their system is 4 years old and cant handle a next gen game.
    Last edited by Frank the Avenger; 10-13-2007 at 03:50 PM.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ksingh30 View Post
    yes Same thing happens to me. No matter what i put the game settings on it puts them to 640x40 everything set on low.
    Please help us.
    my specs
    E6600 2.4ghz
    2 gigs DDR2 PC800
    8800GTS 640mb
    Sounds like you need to update your video card drivers. An 8800GTS should give you a pretty great experience for this game. Please go to www.nvidia.com and get the latest drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by ksingh30 View Post
    640x40
    my mobile phone has a better resolution then your old computer.
    Q6600@3.6GHz 1.4v - Gigabyte P35 -DQ6 - 6GB Micron D9 - 2 x 2900XT CF - Dell 30" - 2 x 74GB RaptorRaid-0 2 x 750GB WD Raid-0 - X-Fi Fatal1ty

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rein View Post
    Dude... that's like software rendered graphics. UT2004 looks better than that crap. There is a bug in the beta that is causing some systems to default to either very wierd settings like a lot of blur, or its not even starting the 3D side of the Graphics card to render the game. It looks like quake 2. Please tell me you understand this.

· Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista
    · 2.0+ GHZ Single Core Processor
    · 512 Mbytes of System RAM
    · NVIDIA 6200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+ Video Card
    · 8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space

If those are minimum then he isn't behind by to far.

Fact is he should be able to get the nice graphics just run choppy.

I can't believe some of the responses... it's like people aren't thinking about what they are looking at.

Banned

To the people that actually helped:
    Thanks, I had a suspicion is was this crappy comp, not any kind of settings. Thank you for responding in an orderly fashion.

To all of the retarded flamers that can't read:
    Okay... thanks for the flames. I would own almost 99% of you kids in computer parts/performance. As I freakin stated, this is a ****ing ****ty computer, I even used the term ****. Please ****ing read before you start flaming. I was stating that it is already ****ty. My actual computer at my own ****ing house would 99% own any of you retarded ***s. Please try to ****ing learn to read the whole thread.

"Once again, I know it's really ****ty... but I mean come on... look at that picture... that bad? Roflmao. If it's just my computer, that's fine I guess I gotta wait until I get to my own house, just want to see if it's this crappy ass comp. Thanks."

Can you see that? Are you blind?

Here is a link to my 3dMark06 results from my ACTUAL computer, if you doubt that my computer most likely 99% owns any of you retarded flamers that can't read.

windows xp
    intel pentium D duel core 3.2 GHZ
    2048 MB DDR2
    NVIDEA Geforce 6200
    400 gb of free hd space

my graphics look like doom 1 no matter what i change the settings to

please help

Iron Guard

Minimum = Can't Go Lower

If he can still play, he has no grounds upon which he can complain.

Do like my brother, who just built a new PC, going from an old AMD to a new Core 2 Duo, and from a 5950 to an 8600.

New games need new hardware, hence Gears of War isn't on the original Xbox.

I have a spare 3800x2 /6200 TC PC, and I only use it for rendering stuff (as 3d rendering doesn't use the GPU). I have tried to play Unreal Tournament 2004 (it runs OK on there), and also tried Goldeneye: Source (HL2 mod), however, it barely played it at 20-30fps at 800x600.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default wow NICE

this new engine is alot less cpu intensive i am upgrading soon but this is my current rig straight from xfire profiles and i run 30 fps on texture and world detail 2 and some setting at none

efficient engine = better for low end comps = more players = great game

Manufacturer:
    Custom
    Processor:
    Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.60GHz
    Memory:
    1024MB RAM
    Hard Drive:
    61 GB
    Video Card:
    RADEON 9800 SERIES
    Monitor:
    Plug and Play Monitor
    Sound Card:
    Creative Sound Blaster PCI
    Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)

frame rate of 30 is great with this old of a computer

literally no jokes
    Last edited by deadoon; 10-13-2007 at 12:17 AM. Reason: i am not lying

MSgt. Shooter Person

i have the same issue i think - everything looks blocky,,

AMD XP 3200+ (32bit)
    2 gigs PC3200
    GeForce 6800 GT
    Asus A7N9X-E DLX
    XP Home SP2

newest nvidia drivers i'm pretty sure..

Banned

Well, after reading the actual helpful, non-retarded replies in this thread, it has come to my conclusion that the BETA Demo has many problems. It seems as though some computers are not adapting to settings. If you refer to the first page, there is someone with an e6600 CPU and GeForce 8800 640mb graphic card and still having the same problem. That is only one example. Another example is my friends problem. He can not change the resolution rate. (For retards, 800x600 to 1024x740, EXAMPLE) On the other hand, I can change it to any resolution I want. Simply put, I believe this computer should still be able to play the game, have the graphics that all these "pros" claim to be playing at, but be a lot more choppy, not look as if I am going downtown Vegas tripping on acid. Thanks.

EDIT: Another example, right above this post. A decent computer, still same issue as this crappy computer.

To all of the retarded flamers that can't read:
    Okay... thanks for the flames. I would own almost 99% of you kids in computer parts/performance. As I freakin stated, this is a ****ing ****ty computer, I even used the term ****. Please ****ing read before you start flaming. I was stating that it is already ****ty. My actual computer at my own ****ing house would 99% own any of you retarded ***s. Please try to ****ing learn to read the whole thread.

"Once again, I know it's really ****ty... but I mean come on... look at that picture... that bad? Roflmao. If it's just my computer, that's fine I guess I gotta wait until I get to my own house, just want to see if it's this crappy ass comp. Thanks."

Can you see that? Are you blind?

Here is a link to my 3dMark06 results from my ACTUAL computer, if you doubt that my computer most likely 99% owns any of you retarded flamers that can't read.

Problem is I'm not seeing a common link. This may be something conflicting with Windows XP directly. Maybe an update or something that others didn't download. All my updates are current so could be that.

My Specs: 3200 64 AMD, 1 Gig Ram, 9800Pro, MSI MB VIA chipset, XP pro SP2 all updates.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Spoudazo View Post
    If he can still play, he has no grounds upon which he can complain.
    Haha I just saw that... thats pretty ****ing funny. You must be retarded.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Haha, don't feel bad man, mine looks just a bit better.

AMD Athlon64 3400
    1GB DDR-400 RAM
    Nvidia GeForce 7300GS

I think the problem your trying to fix is the pixelated look, no? I had the same problem. Please see this topic. http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=578855

Banned

Well I posted the picture of my problem in the first page. Here it is again:

Does that match your problem?

And I checked my UTEngine, the screenpercent is already 100.000000

And I checked my UTEngine, the screenpercent is already 100.000000
    I think people are changing other options and a string of changes is what makes it work. However, since the last thing they change is screenpercent or some other setting, they think that's the fix.

Hey.. anyone remember HL, shogun, and tribes graphics?

Mark is right. I had the same problem when the resolution wouldn't change. A driver update for my 8800GTS fixed it, and the game looks great!

i have the same problem guys my PC meets the requirements

E6600
    2gigsDDR2
    8800GTS640mb

not too bad for a single card score.

I think when you try it on your better PC you will be much happier.
    Q6600@3.6GHz 1.4v - Gigabyte P35 -DQ6 - 6GB Micron D9 - 2 x 2900XT CF - Dell 30" - 2 x 74GB RaptorRaid-0 2 x 750GB WD Raid-0 - X-Fi Fatal1ty

MSgt. Shooter Person

amen, tired of these dumb ****s trying to hate on the game because their system is 4 years old and cant handle a next gen game.
    He was talking about your post ...
    Last edited by Frank the Avenger; 10-13-2007 at 03:51 PM.

My machine, I update the graphics and lose so much stuff it ain't funny, and it only made UT3 completely unplayable. Yes, I know it has no actual graphics board but if it can max out UT2004 and still have 30-40FPS on massive Onslaught maps, near max out Dawn of War: Dark Crusade on giant 8 player free for alls and not lose too much FPS, and at least play Company of Heroes, a MUCH more demanding game than this.... Anyone figure out how to get above 640x480 or at LEAST a 3D render? Cos this plagues me too.

MSgt. Shooter Person

thats not a graphics problem thats called you having a piece of **** computer, spend more than 500$ on a dell and then get a SS. the game looks fu.cking crystal clear on my comp and I am loving it... minus all the idiots *****ing after the round how the graphics are bad.. its not the game its your ****ty ass comp, you should know by now that a 5 series nvidia doesn't run UT3.
    LMAO ... hahaha QTF!!!

although we shouldnt flame ... but sometimes ... we just have to say it ... hahahahah

I have a sorry comp too . .playing at 640 by whatever ... but i dont complain, im just waiting for the 9 series to build a new comp .. untill then ... agp 6200LE it is !!!!!!
    Last edited by Frank the Avenger; 10-13-2007 at 03:51 PM.

disable blur in the ini..

I'm sure I've read a couple of posts describing a similar issue which was resolved by a graphics driver update.

The Sacrifice

type debug eatmem in console, that is the solution for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by {TARD}-C3nT View Post
    type debug eatmem in console, that is the solution for everything.
    Didn't change a thing for me :P

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by William D View Post
    My machine, I update the graphics and lose so much stuff it ain't funny, and it only made UT3 completely unplayable. Yes, I know it has no actual graphics board but if it can max out UT2004 and still have 30-40FPS on massive Onslaught maps, near max out Dawn of War: Dark Crusade on giant 8 player free for alls and not lose too much FPS, and at least play Company of Heroes, a MUCH more demanding game than this.... Anyone figure out how to get above 640x480 or at LEAST a 3D render? Cos this plagues me too.
    How could you update your graphics if you do not have an actual graphics board. You cannot play modern games with with board graphics and shared video memory. Minimum spec hardware means requires minimum settings are required to play on that machine.

Look, since you have on board graphics, you really need to get a real video card. Before you buy one, you really ought to do some research so you do not end up with another stinker. If your on a tight budget, maybe you will have to save up a while before you buy a card. Prices always go down, especially after the holidays. But, you do not want to waste your money on a bad card. If you can, buy an 8800 series card, if not, then you should go with ATI. The best card for the money, under $200 right now is the ATI X1950XT with 256 bit 512mb memory. I am not a fan of ATI and do not even own an ATI card. But, they have priced this to compete and beat the nvidia 8600 series cards. Do not buy a card with 128bit memory, they are 1/2 speed or less of a card with similar specs and 256 bit access.

Here is a benchmark of video cards.

http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphi...=725&chart=277

You should wait until the UT3 video benchmarks are in before you buy in order to have the best info.
    I usually play as [T5K]Bobba_Novis, {T5K}Bobba_Novi, Gi_96, Ph@t-Ass-Fr3d, infected_brains, or ________
    My Rig- ASUS Z68, core I7 2600K @4.2Ghz and GTX780 as seen on my VG248 @144Hz

MSgt. Shooter Person

I have found a solution for the problem with buged graphics like in the first post
    Teh demo looks like that sh*t because your Screen Percentage is 50 (if its 100 will looks crystal clear, so we must change it). There is 2 ways to change it.
    1. Go in Video options, click advanced and move the slider to 100. Apply, Accept and restart the game.
    If its not saving the settings we will need to change it from INI.
    2. Open My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\UTGame\Config and with notepad open UTEngine.ini Then search for ScreenPercentage= in seciton [SystemSettings] (better use CTRL+F to bring Find window) and u will se something like that
    ScreenPercentage=50.000000
    change it to
    ScreenPercentage=100.000000 save the file and start the game

Have fun

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by savov View Post
    I have found a solution for the problem with buged graphics like in the first post
    Teh demo looks like that sh*t because your Screen Percentage is 50 (if its 100 will looks crystal clear, so we must change it). There is 2 ways to change it.
    1. Go in Video options, click advanced and move the slider to 100. Apply, Accept and restart the game.
    2. Open My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\UTGame\Config and with notepad open UTEngine.ini Then search for ScreenPercentage= in seciton [SystemSettings] (better use CTRL+F to bring Find window) and u will se something like that

change it to

Have fun

Was going to post this but I see Someone already has. Anyone who thinks they are having resolition problems read the post above. Thats what causes the problem.
    Tast!es::LOB::

Banned

FOR ANYONE WHO'S EXPERIENCING BAD GRAPHICS:

Make sure under Video Settings, you click Advanced and drag the Screen Percentage slider to 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by savov View Post

change it to

Have fun
    I do that but everytime i restart the game, it resets it self.

Banned

That's because the demo won't save video settings for some reason, so just do it again whenever you launch it.

but then it says some settings wont take place until you restart, but if I restart they go back.

its cool i can run it on my ancient junk pc semi-playable...even with no graphics behold of my screen:

http://imajr.com/Original.aspx?Id=sc...ot00001_343338

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast