Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Windows XP x64 support?

Any idea when there will be windows xp 64 bit edition support?

Im a diehard UT fan and i'd really REALLY love to play this game!

m▓ :X
    I just search my Home Edition with 32bit to play only 1 Game and this is a Beta Demo :X

MSgt. Shooter Person

We're currently investigating what is required to support WinXP 64. I can't make promises on whether we will be able to address the issue for ship or not, but we are actively looking into it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by vogel View Post
    We're currently investigating what is required to support WinXP 64. I can't make promises on whether we will be able to address the issue for ship or not, but we are actively looking into it.
    joke!! so you just realised that there are OS besides Win XP 32bit and Vista? Way to go!

MSgt. Shooter Person

if you read the Readme

Microsoft XP Professional x64 Users: You need to install the Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 x64. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

MSgt. Shooter Person

I'm one of the XP64 users and if you guys need any information from us please let us know. Settings, hardware, registry entries, whatever. If you don't have access to an XP64 setup I'd be more than happy to help (hopefully) get this issue resolved.

I've got installed Framework 2 x64...And all errors are the same: on install error 1628 and if i start already installed game it spams me with "Modified executable code is not allowed."

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by SEPHIROTH View Post
    if you read the Readme

Microsoft XP Professional x64 Users: You need to install the Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 x64. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
    Someone posted in the Installation feedback thread:

As for x64: I installed the 64 bit version of the framework (.net x64 @ Microsoft) but the installer still doesn't work. It's just a guess but if you're quick you can find an "isnetfx.exe" in your temp directory that will report that .Net isn't installed even when it actually is.

I'm at work for another hour-and-a-half and won't be able to really test it until I get home. I downloaded the demo and tried installing thru VNC -- failed and don't really have the time or patience to troubleshoot it remotely.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Did anyone get the demo to run on Vista x64 bit?

Am running XP x64 Pro here and after finally managing to install the game it still won't run (same "modified exectuable" error as above) but I could switch to Vista (thanks to MSDNAA ^.^) ... but the sole reason for me to have a windows OS installed in the first place is.... UT3. So I don't feel like reinstalling just to find out it won't run on vista either.

MSgt. Shooter Person

That's pretty embarrassing. Are you saying WinXP 64 may not even be supported in the gold version?

I expected more from Epic, I've never had a problem with anyone else's products, and UT2004 works amazingly well on my XP64 system...

H.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Support windows xp x64, i want to play to.

I installed Frameworks 2.0 for x64 - same Error, nothing changed.
    The only way to play a Beta Demo UT3 is to install a old windows ? -.-

All my friends enjoy the Demo -.-

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggle.hes View Post
    I installed Frameworks 2.0 for x64 - same Error, nothing changed.
    The only way to play a Beta Demo UT3 is to install a old windows ? -.-

All my friends enjoy the Demo -.-
    Vista isn't old windows.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by commiecat View Post
    Vista isn't old windows.
    vista sux, it doesn't have hardware acceleration for nforce 3. I need windows xp x64 to be supported since i couldn't even get my 32bit version working with the raid drivers in the windows setup. They are missing out on a big crowd of people thats for sure.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by ixiWildflowerixi View Post
    Did anyone get the demo to run on Vista x64 bit?

Am running XP x64 Pro here and after finally managing to install the game it still won't run (same "modified exectuable" error as above) but I could switch to Vista (thanks to MSDNAA ^.^) ... but the sole reason for me to have a windows OS installed in the first place is.... UT3. So I don't feel like reinstalling just to find out it won't run on vista either.
    Vista and Vista 64 are supported and part of our test matrix.

But XP x64 ist not ?

Wow no support for xp64... considering ut2k4 ran awesome on my system

even ut99 working fine on XP x64

MSgt. Shooter Person

Vista and Vista 64 are supported and part of our test matrix.
    Okay, thanks for the reply. Will be back in 2-3 hours then I guess and give some feedback ^.^

MSgt. Shooter Person

it works fine on x64.
    Install the service pack like in the readmedemo.rtf.
    working fine here.

Also check your download source.
    If you got it from a torrent its likely corrupted or the wrong version.
    I have talked to 4 people now that had problems with the torrent but the fileplanet download worked fine.

If you would like a beta tester for XP x64 i am a developer and I am working at my x64 machine. drop me a note and I would love to help out.

(i want my ut3)

Hm, got the torrent version... can someone confirm yet that the Fileplanet Version work with x64 ? Please

MSgt. Shooter Person

I can confirm the fileplanet version is working fine for me in both x64 and 32 bit xp sp2

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Arson View Post
    it works fine on x64.
    Install the service pack like in the readmedemo.rtf.
    working fine here.

Also check your download source.
    If you got it from a torrent its likely corrupted or the wrong version.
    I have talked to 4 people now that had problems with the torrent but the fileplanet download worked fine.
    Got mine from Fileshack, fully patched and have run netfx64. I'll do a reinstall and see what happens, I'll get back with everyone after a quick system bounce.

H.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by HippyGoth View Post
    Got mine from Fileshack, fully patched and have run netfx64. I'll do a reinstall and see what happens, I'll get back with everyone after a quick system bounce.

H.
    What patch are you talking about ?

What are you guys talking about "fully patched"?! Are there multiple versions of the demo circulating around?!

And what "service pack" for Xp X64? The latest is SP2 and I have that!! I will try the net framework 2.0 64 bit.

This is total bs, Unreal, UT99, Unreal 2, UT2003 and UT2004 all work perfectly fine on XP x64!

Arson maybe I am wrong, but I get a feeling that you are just lying and pulling our legs. Open up my computer properties, and open UT3 and hit alt enter to go in windowed mode, and post a screenshot with both visible. Other people are doing the exact stuff you have claimed to do and it isn't working..

PLEASEEEEE I need a fix for this now!!! !!
    '99 Kick A$$ old skool server: Dawn's Deathmatch Palace (72.249.51.52)
    Quote Originally Posted by thanquol View Post
    Buying Vista and defending it as a prime os is like allowing you to get raped and defending the raper.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Its not working still with the .net x64 framework . We need a fix now, we are desperate lol

MSgt. Shooter Person

There are multiple sources floating around.
    The demo was not supposed to come out till a predetermined time, but someone managed to get a copy from somehwere and leaked it onto the torrent sites.

That version I know for a fact is causing problems, as now 5 people I have spoken to have had problems with it.

The .net framework and sp2 are different things.

I'm trying to figure out what it is that I have installed differently thats allowing the game to run versus others having problems. The only thing I can come up with so far is that I have visual studio installed, or maybe its the sound card drivers as I am using an auzentech card and not creative labs.

I hope for another confirm for that theorie.
    I even dont think that there is more than 1 version circulating 5-6 hourse after RL...

Fix it plz

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggle.hes View Post
    I hope for another confirm for that theorie.
    I even dont think that there is more than 1 version circulating 5-6 hourse after RL...

Fix it plz
    Didn't work for me.

However, it really does mention it uin the readmedemo.rtf

Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\UTGame\Localization\INT

Is the location of the .rtf file

H.

MSgt. Shooter Person

The demo was not supposed to come out till a predetermined time, but someone managed to get a copy from somehwere and leaked it onto the torrent sites.

That version I know for a fact is causing problems, as now 5 people I have spoken to have had problems with it.

The .net framework and sp2 are different things.

I'm trying to figure out what it is that I have installed differently thats allowing the game to run versus others having problems. The only thing I can come up with so far is that I have visual studio installed, or maybe its the sound card drivers as I am using an auzentech card and not creative labs.
    You can make that six people now. I had the torrent version and cannot install it on XP64. This exact file does work on my XP32 laptop, though.

I'm sitting in queue on FP's site and will hopefully start the download soon. If I get it downloaded and working before anything significant comes to light on these forums I'll definitely post my specs. I really hope you're right.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Windows xp 32bit service pack 2 is having problems to with same error with modified code. I have that same error when i double click on my windows xp x64. I think its a problem with the game or something is conflicting. Please fix this epic, i bet like 40percent of us can't even play. Since x64 has windows 2003 code also it means no one can host servers at a dedicated level too much and we are all messed up lol

Default ut3 from fileplanet

doesnt work for XP x64 either. and installing .net 2.0 x64 doesnt help

Quote Originally Posted by str3tchb0y View Post
    doesnt work for XP x64 either. and installing .net 2.0 x64 doesnt help
    Yeah, I did that do, Xp64 users have to wait

MSgt. Shooter Person

guys make a shortcut to the exe and change it to read "C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\Binaries\UT3Demo.exe" -log

that will make the log window display on loading.
    maybe it will give a hint as to what is wrong.

I too have windows xp x64 with sp2 and .net framework 2 installed and having the the same error 1628. However, I noticed right before the error 1628 it stops on a .dll file extension. I download the UT3 demo from gamespot and from fileshack which both give the same error on Windows xp x64. In addition, I did try both files that I downloaded on a windows xp x86 based laptop installed fine no probs.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Heres the problem! -modified code error on windows xp x64. The UT exe isn't signed so it doesn't execute the code. Is this like vista where we can turn off the protection for signitures?
    Last edited by stealth50k; 10-12-2007 at 05:07 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Dude seriously, stop with the different versions crap. I've downloaded both a torrent version, and the fileplanet version, theres no difference at all.

Same thing happens for me. I hope a fix comes out for this soon, I really want to try this!

Thumbs down Xp64

Yes mine says the same, when tring to run on Xp64

Code:
    Init: Version: 3464
    Init: Epic Internal: 0
    Init: Compiled: Oct 11 2007 19:21:48
    Init: Command line: -log
    Init: Base directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\Binaries\
    Init: Character set: Unicode
    Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Config\UTEditor.ini
    Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Config\UTEditorUserSettings.ini
    Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Config\UTDemoCompat.ini
    Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Config\UTEngine.ini
    Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Config\UTGame.ini
    Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Config\UTInput.ini
    Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Config\UTUI.ini
    Log: Deleting old log file Launch-backup-2007.10.12-16.07.32.log
    Init: Computer: GEEKY
    Init: User: Administrator
    Init: CPU Page size=4096, Processors=2
    Init: High frequency timer resolution =3.579545 MHz
    Init: Memory total: Phys=4193540K Pagef=4194303K Virt=4194176K
    Init: WinSock: version 1.1 (2.2), MaxSocks=32767, MaxUdp=65467
    Init: WinSock: I am geeky (192.168.1.114:0)
    Init: Presizing for 83221 objects not considered by GC, pre-allocating 0 bytes.
    Init: Object subsystem initialized
    Log: DEMOVERSION is defined.
    Error: DLL [C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\Binaries\UT3Demo.exe] is not signed properly
    Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file:  ..\Engine\Localization\int\Launch.int

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast