Banned

Default How are the Theron so accurate?

I was horrified when I first saw them at the end of Act 3, because they hit me across the map, and they go so fast. In act 4-5, everytime I stick my head out or go in the open, I get hit by a torque and die. When I snipe the Theron's head off, he lets go of the trigger and takes me down with him! When I roadie run, they still hit me! Its sucide trying to melee those guys without a chainsaw, because of there 1 hit kills. The worst part is, when they are on the Reavers! They don't seem to miss! I kill like 6 of them, then an arrow flies and hits me! Those guys piss me off so much on Insane!

You gotta play smart. Most likely there will never be just ONE Theron Guard. So when you're tryin' to snipe one, make sure you don't hear or see another Torque bow lit up. Because most likely if you think you're safe and you're aiming at the Theron Guard who just started charging it up or is in hiding but knows you're there, most likely there's another around aiming.

MSgt. Shooter Person

try to not get too close to them until you're on the train in act 5, the best thing to do is to check out how many theron guards there are and move several inches side to side and change cover a lot

in act 5 on the train, you should be able to sneak up on them and chainsaw all of them lol, hell that's what i did

MSgt. Shooter Person

Tell me about it! Those guys are evil. That bloody pumping station at the end of act 3.... on insane solo I lost track of the number of times I would poke my head out for a second to aim, pull back straight away and see a sparking arrow protruding from my forehead.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: One Obstacle

I had it harder at the Tip of the Iceberg, on Hardcore it took me more times to win than on Insane.
    The Only and One Obstacle Warzoner-44-Hammer Veteran
    But I've a rendezvous with Death
    At midnight in some flaming town,
    When Spring trips north again this year,
    And I to my pledged word am true,
    I shall not fail that rendezvous.
    THE END

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ProfessUK

With a teammate i've managed to get that far without being downed on insane, shows how much harder it is from then on.

Typicaly i find using the longshots to kill a few first from the path you come up to it helps, then clearing it out with shottys afterwards.

always hated how you cant explosive headshot them.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Theron's are more accurate for the simple reason that they are more experienced and better trained. I think it goes along the lines that Drones who prove themselves effective in combat would be given the higher rank(I use that term loosley, it seems more of a social class to me) of Theron Guard, and would be trained extensivley in techniques. Put bluntly, Theron Guards and Sentinels are the elite of the elite in the Locust Horde. More intelligent, accurate, faster, stronger and effective than the other locust drones.
    "Theres room for one more, it's a ****in party down here"

Hostilessssssssssss

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lucky Lovat

lmfao, thats funny because I thought the same thing. for my first time playing, those guys alone (NOT THE WRETCHES) made GoW a horror game...for me...lol
    Founder of "The Seven Clan". Casual to competive gamers. Built upon helping one another get achievements. Free to join. Can be part of another clan. PM or send an Xbox Live Message to 'The Seven Clan' over Live.

Over 75 green skins given away.
    Do NOT PM about codes. That's a guarantee for NOT getting a code.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: l Ops l

Well don't forget theron guards and sentinels are entrusted to guard vital points to the locusts, and I think sentinels tend to be more prone to staying back and ordering his lower ranked comrades to charge in.
    Favourite CoG : Carmine
    Favourite Locust : Grenadier
    Favourite map : Gridlock and Process
    Favourite weapons : Shotgun and Boomshot
    Favourite quote : "Come on baby, DIE FOR PAPPA!"