Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 49
  1. #1
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    208

    Default Gears of war advanced multiplayer guide

    Gears of war advanced multiplayer guide- By BiOhAzZaRd PR


    Table of contents-

    I. Introduction
    II. Getting Started
    III. Weapon coverage (Pros and cons, tips on how to use them effectly against your enemy) Hints
    IV. Pro tactics, Combos



    SORRY THE WRITING GOT SPACED UP WHEN I PASTED THIS HERE FROM MY NOTEPAD FILE



    I. Introduction

    Well first to say, don't expect fancy writing and any other stuff like you see in strategy books. Also don't expect the best grammar, I made this on notepad -.-, Too bad I didn't had Word so I could add pictures and stuff x.x.. Ok the reason I made this

    guide is to help people who play casually extend their gaming skills to a higher level, on this guide I will be covering

    Controls, Sensitivity, How to play with your senses and mind, All the weapons, their pros and cons and how to use them

    effectly against your enemy(Don't expect to be a pro sniper by the day), Tactics and combos used alot by pros in tournaments

    and clanmatches.. Ok let's get started...

    II. Getting Started

    Ok heres some basic stuff...

    1. Use your mind ALOT! Think where is the guy that just went up those stairs, Should I throw a grenade there? Should I rush

    or wait for my teammate? Alot of those questions pop to your mind before making an action, You gotta think fast and react.

    2. Play with your Senses, Visual and hearing.. Those are your best friends, if you have a Digital sound system, play with

    it.. It's especially good for people who are going to sneak up on you, You can hear their steps, breathing and

    Torquebow/Boomshot behind you.. Also you gotta have a nice eye to spot enemies quick enough, Ive seen people on spectator cam

    walk by someone and not see them, When I was the only one to see him..

    3. AVOID TRASHTALK, I know trashtalking is very anoying and it gets you mad.. But just ignore it, When people start talking

    crap to you, sometimes it makes you play worst, even more when they kill you and start Smoke Tagging/Humping. I played once a

    game where I took 4 people out in 1 battle encounter( 4 of them near the boltok on canals/ranked) They started to talk ALOT

    but ALOT of crap to me saying that I was a noob, beaner, live in my mom's basement and that I don't have a life because I

    spend it on gears, Well you know what? IGNORE them. Don't let trashtalk get to you.

    4. Sensitivity controls, Ok.. Let's get down to this in one simple form:

    - If you're a shotgunner/sniper(Only stuff that you use in the whole game) I suggest high, great for no-scopes and awesome

    for shotgun battles, But ANOYING when you get nervous.

    - If you're a multi-user like me head to medium, Multi-user is a person who uses EVERY single weapon in the game without any

    problems, I use everyone of them, except Hammerburst, Med is great for sniping, Good for torquebow, VERY nice for the shotgun

    if you know how to time your shots.. The thing is the Y axis is slower than the X axis, making looking up slow..

    - I really, really, REALLY, Don't recomend using Low, It's horrible for any type of weapon.

    5. Play to win ALWAYS.

    6. Try playing on games that have the bullet lag lower than .30ms and 1sec, from that on.. Your skills reduce alot by lag..

    7. Learn from your enemies, Learn their tactics, Their strategies, Their playing style and the counterattack them back

    III. Weapon Coverage- Pros, cons, How to use it effectly and hints.
    NR- No active reload
    AR- Active reload
    Im also giving the number of bullets to kill people at close-med range(THIS IS ONLY CLOSE-MED RANGE NOT LONG, DAMAGE

    DECREASES BY DISTANCE) Also this is an aprox from the last time I tested

    1. Lancer
    Damage aprox- 12 BodyNR, 10 BodyAR, 8 HeadNR, 5-6 HeadAR
    Pros- Great damage at low-med range, Constant fire that makes people nervous when in a shotty battle, 60 bullets.
    Cons- Horrible damage at long range, Easy to flank Lancers.
    Hints: I really don't use the lancer as a main weapon for the fact that you have to sit there in a spot shooting, I preffer

    shooting, killing, downing while moving than staying still. I use the lancer alot for runners and Boomshooters(Get far away

    from the boom, as he keeps aproaching you, nail him down with your lancer, It will force him to shoot you from long rage and

    miss or hit you)

    2. Gnasher-Shotty
    Damage aprox- (It all depends on you getting the pellets inside the body and range) 1-shot down when all the pellets hit the

    body
    Pros- The best weapon at gears, Easiest to use, hardest to master, Your best friend, Ability to pop head offs when you put

    the 2 > < in the crosshair at the head level and shoot when he's about to go down.
    Cons- At long range it's worthless(Duh it's a shotgun >.>), Slow shooting.
    Hints: (I will explain these hints later on because these belong in Pro tactics and combos chapter) But some small details,

    Don't hold down L all the way to shoot, Tap L shoot and let it go, in close range don't aim, shoot from the hip.

    3. Snub Pistol
    Damage aprox- 7 BodyNR, 6BodyAR, 5 HeadAR, 5-4 HeadAR
    Pros- EXCELLENT damage and firerate, It's great to get runners when they're weak, Just an excellent weapon.
    Cons- 12 shots only, must know how to AIM very well to use it.
    Hints: Well there's not much to say about the pistol, it all depends on how you use it..

    4. Hammerburst
    AVOID THIS WEAPON AT ALL COSTS!!, Dont bother using it unless you got nothing to do.

    5. Boltok Pistol
    Damage aprox- 2 BodyNR, 2 BodyAR, 2 HeadNR, 2 HeadAR
    Pros- This weapon is GREAT for downing wounded people in 1-2 shots, Great damage.
    Cons- This weapon is very slow, and it's worthless using a a main weapon.
    Hints: I suggest using this to get runners/wounded because of it's high damage, but really, don't use it as a main weapon,

    It's not really worth it..

    6. Longshot Sniper
    Damage aprox- 2 BodyNR, 1 BodyAR, 1 HeadNR, 1 HeadAR
    Pros- The best power weapon in the game, most skill needed too, great damage.
    Cons- It's just 1 shot only, Requires ALOT of aiming and timing, once you shoot, You're vulnerable once you start reloading.
    Hints: Play on high if you're sniper dueling(A fight between 2 people without AR's to see who gets the head first) And I

    recomend using medium because it's alot easier to swipe(Will be explained later on), Once you shoot, Look around you to see

    if anyone came to flank you, Use AR's when necessary, don't whore them because you're gonna look like a noob.

    7. Boomshot
    Damage aprox- Body hit instant kill, Radius downs, (Damage is rather random)
    Pros- It was the weapon that took most skill before the patch, but now it's a noob weapon, Great for flushing people out,

    Good for kamikaze people
    Cons- 2 shots only, if you're aiming for the body, pray he dosen't move, rather slow
    Hints: This weapon is a newbie weapon after-patch, mostly in ranked matches, people always head to Boomshot, So always have

    someone covering it, Your skill depends on how you use it, It all depends on you.

    8. Torque Bow
    Damage aprox- Body hit instant kill, Radius damage kills
    Pros- This is one of my favorite weapon, apart from shooting it straight, I use it for many purposes like Throwing the arrow

    into a corner and bouncing it off to someone hiding behind a wall to flush him out, I love this weapon, great damage,

    long-range use
    Cons- You need to charge it to use it, The flashing yellow light tells where you are, 1 shot per reload
    Hints: This weapon has soo many uses it's the perfect weapon for any person, But first some hints on using it without being

    detected:

    - Often have a wall next to you
    - Start charging it up without aiming so you can move faster, once around 1-2 secs aim to shoot
    - If you're going to shoot someone infront of you when your behind a wall, Charge it and wait 1-2 secs then come out and aim,

    The trick is to hide the yellow light that the torque bow produces so enemies won't have a chance to dodge

    Here's some of the many uses:

    - I mostly use it as grenades to flush people out of their hiding places, Use the atmosphere to manipulate the way the torque

    bow is going to be at and hopefully it lands where you want it
    - Use it as a damage tool for when people are behind cover, shoot it near and rush with the shotgun
    - Setting up traps, when your getting chased down, Shoot torques into the floor, hopefully it lands into someone, and if you

    get an active it's a 1hitkill trap.

    9. Hammer of dawn
    It all depends on where you aim this thing, be on the look out for slanted tiles to aim it there, an example of them are the

    3 big tubes up in the torque in rooftops.

    IV. Pro Tactics and Combos- The moment of truth has come!

    Press A to jump, Lol jking

    Let's start with the combos pros use(Some I made them myself because I never seen people use
    ^-Up
    <-Left
    >-Right
    V-Down

    The 360 turn- Hold A+V
    Makes turning back easier other than aiming, if you wanna do it fast do a jump then A+V so you turn instantly back

    Slap-n-shoot- B+R
    Basically the combo most people use by now, I remember when I was one of the first to actually use it alot long ago
    NOTE: When used with the shotgun, Just give a slightly tap on the B so the melee dosen't glitch, If you tap alot of times B

    or hold it down with glitch your shot making you miss your melee

    Double melee with shotty- Hold B down
    There's a way to do it, here it is. Enjoy.

    Hit-n-run(Mine)- B+A ALMOST at the same time, just press B then A almost instantly
    This is GREAT for not getting stunned while doing a melee, You do the melee when you jump, allowing you to not get stunned,

    it's also good for tagging people A+B and you'll be away from em, This is very good and good for crowd control, A+B with

    shotty when you got around 2 people, so you hit 1, take care of the other one when the wounded one MAYBE goes back, if not,

    shoot him once.

    Kangaroo- Know how to use A to evade most shots when your getting hunted(1-4 people following you with shotguns shooting at

    you)
    This all depends on the cover you got near and how well you use it, practice it ALOT

    Wallbouncing- This is the real pro stuff, this is what most talented people use.. It's pretty easy, but HARD to use it good
    All you need to do is.. Press A into a cover, quickly press back to get out(Must NOT be close near the cover, you need to do

    that slidetocover thing for it to work good) Now you can make ALOT of strategies with this, It all depends on how you use it,

    Melee, escaping, shotty, chainsaw.. Practice.

    Swiping- Using the aim assitant to get nasty headshots, All you do is.. Swipe. Move the crosshair to someone so it get slower

    and allowing an easy shot, Just get your crosshair near your target and move it into him and when it gets slow Shoot quick..

    It requires pacience and timing, I recommend you trying to swipe at medium sensitivity on split on a non-moving target, then

    Also a small tip, don't aim with your crosshair.. Well.. On your crosshair's sides theres 2 arrows pointing inside > < like that, Use that to get the level of the head, just aim and get that close to a head and swipe.

    on high, then on campaign, and hit multi.

    Here's some sniping drills I use to get my accuracy and reacting time up:

    - Get on split screen, get near your target with the sniper, Jump to any sides and try the fastest you can to aim at his

    head(But don't shoot) Keep doing this alot and this helps you improve how fast you put your crosshair on someone's head.

    - Swiping test, Simple, Scope or no-scope, Practice your swipes on a non-moving target to get your timing right.

    - Reaction time test, You must have 1 friend online to do this, Get the sniper and have your friend to chase you down with

    the chainsaw while you try evading+shooting him
    NOTE: No AR's or getting the farrrrrrr away.

    Fakeys(Mine)- This is just deiciving the enemy, you must THINK alot for this to work and know the map very well, here's some

    of the fakeys I use:

    - Hammerburst tower, Gridlock(Any side), On top of the stairs while the sniper is on the stairs close to the spawn.. He's

    aiming at you with a sniper, What you do? Here's what I do, I throw a smoke into the little corner near outside of the hb

    spawn, when it gets filled, I take out my Lancer/Pistol, Shoot a couple of blindfire shots at him so he thinks your still

    there, Quickly run to the other stairs and get him while he's still aiming at you. I used this on a clanmatch and my

    teammates were surprised it worked. You just need to think fast and know what to do to trick the enemy.

    - The runner fakey- Start running away from someone, A+V, and shoot him when you get near
    This works and it works very,,,, very well.. You need to be close to your enemy so he dosen't expect you would turn back, You

    need some timing to get the shot right, or you could just do a quick melee

    - The smoke fakey- (You must have a spot to hide when the smoke clears) Throw a smoke infront of you and look for a place to

    hide then start roadie running, If you just run, it makes the enemy think your hiding, do a quick roadierun to make the enemy

    think you ran away, then right after you pass the smoke, hide, Wait for him to come and bam pwned.

    - The sniper/torque fakey- (This dosen't work everytime) This fakey gets you a free shot with these weapons, All you do is

    aim at the enemy making them think your gonna shoot, they will jump to the sides or infront, allowing for a free shot. This

    goes the same with the boom.

    - The pickup weapon fakey- You see a sniper, try to make think you didn't saw him, approach a weapon and stand over it, move

    around and he will shoot, this makes him believe your picking the weapon up, Allowing for a safe pick

    - The "I don't know you're there" fakey- I use this ALOT on old bones, When im watching over the boomshot most of the times

    someone comes to flank me from the side of the sniper, All I do is take out my shotgun and pretend he's not there, if he

    comes shooting at you with the lancer just jump, if he comes to chainsaw you or shotty quickly jump back when he's near,

    shoot him+wallbounce and shoot him againt, He will be like WTF HAXER.

    - The grenade throw fakey- This one is rather easy, just throw a grenade to the right then left side of a player to make him

    dive into the 2nd grenade

    - The "OH NOES I R GET MELEED" fakey- Once a sniper/torque/boom shoots you on close range and misses get close to him and

    jump back, he will melee, allowing you to stun him if you hit him with your shotty. This also works for campers, Approach

    someone who's hiding behind a wall, make believe he's not there, run into him, jump back and Roadie run again into him.







    Well I hope you enjoyed my guide, but remember, IT dosen't matter if you're skilled with the controller, You need the mind to

    make things work like charm. Always learn from your enemies, learn their tactics, then counterattack him. And play to

    win.....

    Im also offering Gaming Lessons if anyone needs them for Gears, GT: BiOhAzZaRd PR

    If you don't think this guide is good and it sucks, Keep the flaming, bad comments off please... and..I teached Trulive and some other people, Trulive in just a
    couple of weeks of playing this game WITHOUT finishing campaign plays very well for a newbie, Soo.. Save your comments
    please... More stuff to-be added once I find them

  2. #2
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    532
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Dillusion 808

    Default

    Medium sensitivity? Uh no?

    You can't turn nor move fast enough with it set to medium. Hell, you can't even make all the turns while roadie running on medium.

    Avoid the hammerbust? WTF you smoking?
    Last edited by Dillusion48; 08-23-2007 at 06:40 PM.

  3. #3
    Prisoner 849
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    993
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Oreo is iLL

    Default

    Daaaamn! I bet you've been thinking about this for awhile now huh?!
    vVv Gaming || SteelSeries
    former vVv Community Gamer/Member
    Check them out at: http://www.vvv-gaming.com/

    GT :: Oreo is iLL

  4. #4
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dillusion48 View Post
    Medium sensitivity? Uh no?

    You can't turn nor move fast enough with it set to medium. Hell, you can't even make all the turns while roadie running on medium.

    Avoid the hammerbust? WTF you smoking?
    I can play on medium fine. No problems with shotgun or any other weapon

    Ok then, tell me how to use the hammerburst then? I wasted 3 hours testing weapons out and the hammerburst is garbage, Lancer did more damage and it was wayyyy faster, And it has wayyyy more crowd control over the hammerburst, If you wanna go meleeing, use the pistol... More acc shots while moving... So therefore hammerburst is garbage. AND I said that you should adjust your sensitivity to your playing style, If you snipe/shotgun only, go high, If you play WITH every single weapon go medium.


    Yep , Sat down for 1-2 hours writing on notepad...I remembered every single strategy and combos I used and putted them there.. Soo if anyone would bother to play like a semi-pro, they should read this entirely, If not, ok be a stubborn person...

    Keep crying "hacker" to someone who wallbounces you everytime.
    Last edited by Biohazzard PR; 08-23-2007 at 08:11 PM.

  5. #5
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    49
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Hereford Soccer

    Default

    Hey, can you explain the swipe a little better. I've never heard of that and didn't understand the description.

  6. #6
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    161
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Chrinkus

    Default

    yeah, word, the audio is SOOO helpful. The only time it fails you is on tyro. the train screws up the torque charge and grenade beeps.
    Seriously progress: 10 265 as of April 19/08

  7. #7
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Ok swiping...

    Hmm how to start, Ok create a splitscreen if you have a 2nd controller. Get a sniper, now press L and move your crosshair Left and right around his body, See that it slows down a little bit? Well now try shooting with that, Use the > < on your crosshairs to get the head level, don't use the Circle thing, just those 2, Now once you got the head level, Move your crosshair left and right into his head and try to get a shot..

    If you didn't understand well, search some sniping montages and you'll see what it is

    Audio is your best friend here... But have your ears open more when lancering, once they see the tracers, they will hunt you down, Once your target gets to cover, check your back and sides to see if anyone is there. Don't keep holding down L, if he got to cover, HE will call a teammate (If he has one)
    -Bio

  8. #8
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    49
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Hereford Soccer

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biohazzard PR View Post
    Ok swiping...

    Hmm how to start, Ok create a splitscreen if you have a 2nd controller. Get a sniper, now press L and move your crosshair Left and right around his body, See that it slows down a little bit? Well now try shooting with that, Use the > < on your crosshairs to get the head level, don't use the Circle thing, just those 2, Now once you got the head level, Move your crosshair left and right into his head and try to get a shot..

    If you didn't understand well, search some sniping montages and you'll see what it is

    -Bio
    OOOHHH. I understand what you're saying. Thanks. This should help.

  9. #9
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    208

    Default



    Ill be answering any other questions if you have some

  10. #10
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    49
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Hereford Soccer

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biohazzard PR View Post


    Ill be answering any other questions if you have some
    Great, thanks.

  11. #11
    Palace Guard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    3,151
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: USRangerJohn

    Default

    Rofl O Chopter. You got so much wrong on so many things.

    First off the Hammerburst. You must be unskilled with it because I have single handedly destroyed teams on Fuel Depot using it. It is a super pistol and is the best spray and pray gun in the game. You obviously dont try to play it. Even if you try to use it for 3 hours maybe you dont realize that it takes more then 3 hours to fully use a weapon. Also maybe you should realize that a hammer burst is so unused that it can make a well organized team smash. You should immediatly go back to GoW and re do this test because obviously you failed your Hammerburst test.

    Secondly this game require it to be on High Sensitivity mainly because every other player uses shotgun. High sensitivity makes your player turn a lot quicker and confront to enemys a lot quicker in fast paced matches. Medium only makes you slower and a bigger target. Therefore using medium sensitivity only hampers your skill level.

    Also there is auto Aim? What is this with swiping. I never see my aim track someone unless Im the one doing it. So I hope you can explain some of these tactics a little more indept. Anyway I hope you make corrections.
    Quote Originally Posted by CliffyB View Post
    ::wipes sleep from eyes::
    Wha?
    I'm here! What's up?
    Cliff Has Been REBORN!

  12. #12
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USRangerJohn View Post
    Rofl O Chopter. You got so much wrong on so many things.

    First off the Hammerburst. You must be unskilled with it because I have single handedly destroyed teams on Fuel Depot using it. It is a super pistol and is the best spray and pray gun in the game. You obviously dont try to play it. Even if you try to use it for 3 hours maybe you dont realize that it takes more then 3 hours to fully use a weapon. Also maybe you should realize that a hammer burst is so unused that it can make a well organized team smash. You should immediatly go back to GoW and re do this test because obviously you failed your Hammerburst test.

    Secondly this game require it to be on High Sensitivity mainly because every other player uses shotgun. High sensitivity makes your player turn a lot quicker and confront to enemys a lot quicker in fast paced matches. Medium only makes you slower and a bigger target. Therefore using medium sensitivity only hampers your skill level.

    Also there is auto Aim? What is this with swiping. I never see my aim track someone unless Im the one doing it. So I hope you can explain some of these tactics a little more indept. Anyway I hope you make corrections.
    I preffer 100x times the Lancer than the hammerburst, And yes I have used the hammerburst ALOT, but it's not worth the time, By the time you get a hammerburst, the other team has the sniper/boom/torque.. If it worked for you, That's cool, but for me.. it's a waste of time

    As I said, Your sensitivity is adjusted to your playing style. I didn't said HEY USE MED TO BE A PROZ! I said it works for me, if you like use it, if not that's fine by me.

    AIM ASSIST. Auto aim is when the bullet is like a magnet, Just like halo 2. It follows players, If that is what you said, if not im wrong then >.>

    Aim assist is when the crosshair gets slower then you aim at an enemy to assist you.

    Also, Bump.
    Last edited by Biohazzard PR; 08-23-2007 at 10:40 PM.

  13. #13
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    120
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: chachalaca

    Default

    nice
    guide dude please makea sniper only guide
    Signature removed by admin, signature images not allowed.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    363
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: ThE Hek7iC

    Default

    you shouldnt of judged the hammerburst so much. 2 active shots to the head/legg downs you and thats a hell of a lot faster than any lancer. and wallbouncing is not just tapping A its about avoiding bullets, getting behind someone in a very short amount of time and firing all while moving at very high speeds. it is not just tapping A a ****load and hoping to get lucky. (yes there are some kids that will get lucky by doing that, but its not consistent).

    and idk what your smokin but the only "PRO Tips" you should have are to learn to play as a team and depend on people and learning what role you play into, lancer, or shotgunner. in which case is a totally different style of play.

    the weapons guide was good but i was thoroughly dissapointed in the pro tip stuff. you barely went into wallbouncing at all.........
    and what team are you from if you are supposedly semi pro and if you are then what did you place at a lan mlg/wsvg event.

    to be perfectly honest i found this guide to be very narrow minded and if your going to do another guide be open to more suggestions to other people.
    Last edited by wtf117; 08-24-2007 at 03:36 AM.

  15. #15
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    716
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: awsumpossum

    Default

    Man, I love the Hammerburst.........it's like a pistol, but better. Also, it has WAY better accuracy than the lancer while moving. If you use it like a pistol you'll be surprised.
    You monkey see, you monkey do.You're always doing what they tell you to. You're such a puppet on a string. You don't get it!

    I won't bow to something that I've never seen.... Can't believe in something that doesn't believe in me. I'm not blood of your blood. I am no son of your god. I've no faith in your fate.
    Still I find salvation!-FFDP-TWOTF

  16. #16
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Wallbounce depends on how you use it, I can't explain that much. There's no real strategy on how to use it, It's just depends on your cover near you and the enemy.

    I can't play on MLG's because on puerto rico there is not MLG league.. sux.. But let's just say I know how to play.. VERY.. VERY.. well.. Im very clever in this game

    You mean hammerburst with host or off-host?

    Once I am alone, I always rely on those pro tips, I've taken entire teams without explosives... just using those.. If you don't think they're good, That's fine. But I gave some gaming lessons to Trulive when he just started playing gears, And he's playing BETTER than people that had the game sience it came out.. :S.. He hasen't even finished campaign ... That's ok.

  17. #17
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    99

    Default

    i'm still not sure about the sniping crosshair thing....are you trying to say that when your reticle goes over the head/body it slows down briefly signaling a good shot? i've never noticed this on any other weap.

    i agree with the other opinions on sensitivity, it needs to be high, i guess its what you personally feel comfortable with, but its too slow in the heat of the battle.

    another thing i've never noticed is the dmg zones on targets, i don;t believe lancer and hammer burst do more dmg on the head. generally i'll aim for chest and legs - less chance of bullets hitting nothing but air.

    i often use the cover system to bounce around the map - mausoleum springs to mind with all the headstones and tombs.

    just my thoughts - not a flame, good post all the same.

  18. #18
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    208

    Default

    It's called aim assist, It hapends with every weapon that has a crosshair :P.

  19. #19
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    123
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Eric1337

    Default

    I agree with most that was said here, that is, except for the sensitivity setting. No matter which way you spin it if you play on high you will have a higher capacity than on medium, you just have to be able to reach that top level.

  20. #20
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Meh >.<...

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    300
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: EliteSlayerX

    Default

    I thought the guide was alright except the sensitivity thing. If you wanna be good you pretty much have to play high sensitivity. High is better than medium in everything.

    I have one tip i'd like to add that helps me snipe. If you roadie run the crosshair is almost if not at head level. This means just roadie run and dont move the crosshair up or down and it makes it easier to snipe when u stand up.

  22. #22
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    some where in ohio
    Posts
    41
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Mr Murphy

    Default

    the hammerburst is a great weapon i use it all the time and get like two kills a round with it
    -------------

    "I will smash them so help me God!"
    Major General Andrew Jackson
    1815,at the battle of New Orleans

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    363
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: ThE Hek7iC

    Default

    wallbouncing is crucial at lan events and so is teamwork. you barely mentioned one of those in your "pro tips". you might be good but your not pro. and do not say it isnt because i have been to mlg events and when you dont wallbounce you get ripped apart no matter how good you are witha shotty.

  24. #24
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Yup the hammer burst is one of if not my fav weapon.
    Also the melee is fast and damn effective as well.
    Seems to win in a hammerburst/sniper melee match.

  25. #25
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    208

    Default

    All these tips, are lonewolf ones.. How to survive and such, The teamwork part you have to work it out with your team..

    I stopped playing on tournaments on my country because the gay league here... 3 execution rounds, they choose the map you gonna play, not the teams.. And I didn't consider myself pro >.>, THESE are what pros use appart from teamwork..

    And I ain't good, Let's just say im better than the expert player :P..

  26. #26
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    532
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Dillusion 808

    Default

    How can you say your better than an expert player when you say the HB sucks?

  27. #27
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dillusion48 View Post
    How can you say your better than an expert player when you say the HB sucks?
    Because.. It sucks. Do you see anyone using it THAT much? Why do you think that it's getting replaced for the sniper or torque in player matches? Because not even the host bothers using it.

    Ok cool you can get kills with it fine.

    You can do twice with a lancer... I've used the HB on non-lag games and Lancer still downs you faster (Non-lag I mean that there's absolutly NO lag) I preffer using the pistol than the HB. With the pistol I can down/pop heads before they kill me with the lancer, Fasty finger owns auto.

    And I know how to aim perfectly....

  28. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    363
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: ThE Hek7iC

    Default

    i would love to show you what an active reloaded hb does to one guy. in a non lag game aka LAN its easy 2 shots. so all you need is about 1 clip to take down 3-4 people with the hammerburst so if you could aim perfectly then you would agree with me that the melee and active it is better than any lancer. the only reason people say it sucks is cause they cant hit the head for ****. ive clutched clan matches with it so just cause some people do not use it does not mean it is bad.

  29. #29
    Veteran

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    6,059
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: WaldoRtk7

    Default

    I am going to have to agree with the rest of the posters the Hammer Burst is not worthless. That gun is the pride and joy of my arsenal when I am down in games. The gun itself doesn't look like much but if you are shooting precision that things puts shotgunners in their place, dead. Unless you were shooting the thing like a spastic retard with a hint of downs syndrome, lets re-evaluate the Hammber Burst for everyone's sanity.

    This is the most forgotten gun in the game, it has been deem The most inuseable gun in the game because people don't understand how to use it.

    It is small, light-weight, starts with 300 rounds (more than enough to kill a entire team 15x over), given a 6 shot burst and throw the ability to melee into the picture this gun looks beastly.

    Now lets throw in the application to the gameplay: This gun can and is able to go head to head with the host lancer. The six shot burst makes this gun have a tighter burst pattern which means your accuracy is increased over that of the lancer. So if there is little lag your 18 well placed shots will take the host down, before he can get half the clip out. And I have throughly tested this "theory" and it has yet to fail me. The HB is actually better gun for flanking because of it's accuracy, while your team lays cover fire you can sneak around and hit them a few times and rip through their line before they know what hit them. The active on this gun is incredible for those idiots that love to run in for a two-piece ( I will go into more detail on this later ) 2 sets of shots to the head and he will drop. On a 1 vs 4, I would trust my life more the HB than the shotgun or lancer because it is precise and omg it can melee!? Now if you are Lone-Wolf like you say than you should know that the HB is better than a shotgun in a tough situation, you aren't worrying about lag and whether guy is getting hurt from the spray, you see them getting stunned and know he is screwed at that point. Hammerburst is my gun of choice for all those reasons so you need to try again and look at it will new light. So you know I average 30+ will Hammerburst every time I use it.

    Now for some additions to your guide, You said nothing about Patience in you entire thing. This is a key to Gears of War and it pisses me off when people don't actually have any, in tough situations you need to wait for enemy to turn their back or make some other mistake and pounce upon it before they realize what is going. I am Waldo, I can avoid being seen when I want to and I can sneek behind the other team while they searching for me. I give no signals where I am, no active reloading because I don't need them and I don't move on them until they won't see where I am coming from.

    Next is for the combo's: I don't thinking that the two-piece shows any skill because if that is all that you can do that you are know better than the "pros" of Halo 2 with the use of BXR or BXB, if you can't straight out battle someone without resorting to combo for kill every time then I think it you need some more practice. And I am not saying that I don't do it too but I don't use it everytime for a kill.

    Wallbouncing: this is something that I love doing but when doing it you are going to moving very fast and if you are nervous you are going to be screwed. The trick here is to breathe and go in with a clear head in what pattern you are moving for, it can be controlled and you need to need to know where the center of your screen is.

    Other than that I found nothing to add.
    The Sons of Sera:
    The Ruins of D'lanor
    [ My Fan Fic ]

    "People Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Their Governments,
    Governments Should Fear Their People!"

  30. #30
    Palace Guard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    3,151
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: USRangerJohn

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biohazzard PR View Post
    Because.. It sucks. Do you see anyone using it THAT much? Why do you think that it's getting replaced for the sniper or torque in player matches? Because not even the host bothers using it.

    Ok cool you can get kills with it fine.

    You can do twice with a lancer... I've used the HB on non-lag games and Lancer still downs you faster (Non-lag I mean that there's absolutly NO lag) I preffer using the pistol than the HB. With the pistol I can down/pop heads before they kill me with the lancer, Fasty finger owns auto.

    And I know how to aim perfectly....
    Listen Bioharzard I think you should go back and reevaluate the hammerburst. It is not the terrible weapon you claim it too be. Even if it is not good claiming it is useless dosnt make people more skilled with it. I think even if you dont like you should come up with some positives for it. The only reason why it is not considered good is because it is not as powerful as the sniper, torque or boom. Also people swap it out not because they dont think it is good but because they want more snipers on maps. Trust us with a little time a user can rape with the Hammerburst.
    Quote Originally Posted by CliffyB View Post
    ::wipes sleep from eyes::
    Wha?
    I'm here! What's up?
    Cliff Has Been REBORN!

  31. #31
    Veteran

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    6,059
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: WaldoRtk7

    Default

    John you didn't even read my comment.
    The Sons of Sera:
    The Ruins of D'lanor
    [ My Fan Fic ]

    "People Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Their Governments,
    Governments Should Fear Their People!"

  32. #32
    Palace Guard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    3,151
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: USRangerJohn

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WaldoRtk7 View Post
    John you didn't even read my comment.
    I did. My comment was too tell him he should reevaluate the Hammerburst in response to all these comments. I was quoting him because he doesnt seem to care or want to try to understand how the Hammerburst works.
    Quote Originally Posted by CliffyB View Post
    ::wipes sleep from eyes::
    Wha?
    I'm here! What's up?
    Cliff Has Been REBORN!

  33. #33
    Veteran

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    6,059
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: WaldoRtk7

    Default

    I went to Gridlock last night I pick up it and walked away 15 kills with it and then I had steal the boomshot from my buddy. But I would rather have that with me cause Hosts run very far away from me when I got it.
    The Sons of Sera:
    The Ruins of D'lanor
    [ My Fan Fic ]

    "People Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Their Governments,
    Governments Should Fear Their People!"

  34. #34
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In a pizza box
    Posts
    37
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: alwyzTRIGGAhapy

    Default

    wow this was pretty stupid i mean some good tactics but pretty dumb
    perferred COG- Marcus Fenix, but will most often switch to Kim or Carmine
    perferred Locust- Locust Sniper
    favorite weapon- Hammer of Dawn/Sniper
    favorite saying- Cute how they fall!/Burn *****!-Cole Train && Suck it!! Suck it!!!- Carmine

  35. #35

    Default

    biohazzard i would like for u to add me as a friend also i need more sniper drills and also i need to shoot around and in cover
    Gt: YGz SA1NT

  36. #36
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    302
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: V A IM IP I R E

    Default

    You guys know what he means when the "reticule slows down" thing right?

    WHen the reticule is on the oponnent, it turns red, and when it is red, the speed at which it moves is slowed down. I have noticed this before.

    BTW, for clarification. Bio said that the HB does not work for HIM and he doesn't recommend it, but if you still want to use it, he really isn't advising against it, he is more or less just giving an opinion about it.
    Favorite COG: Baird/Cole/Marcus
    Favorite Locust: ALL. ALL LOCUSTS RAPE AZZ HARD!!!
    Preffered Weapon(s): Sniper, Shotgun
    COLOR="Cyan"]My GoW Montages and Vids: [/COLOR]www.youtube.com/user/WiseVergil
    STOP TRYING TO TURN GEARS 2 INTO HALO 4!!!!!!!

  37. #37
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    63
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Dr Wronglove

    Default

    Oh, yeah... What is a wall bounce? I'm guessing it's where you attach onto the corner of any cover and immediately roll away... Am I right? And I have to disagree at the Boomer being a noob weapon... It's an effective piece of kit for new players to get kills with and the aiming-at-the ground tactic is a bit pants, but when you judge the trajectory right and take out that miles-away goddamned sniper who's just downed you twice? It's better than a headshot... With the added bonus of taking out any of afore-mentioned goddamned snipers buddies who are in the vicinity...

  38. #38
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Wow I can't believe this is still up 0.o...

    Well to comment on the HB, I was in a tourny 1.0 patch... I used the HB and it was garbage against the old lancers... It's cool if you can kill with it.. Good for you, but it's a waste of time for me... And we won the tourny , with the old garbage lancer


    Wallbounce is when you slide into walls constantly and shooting people that way, anyone can wallbounce, but the real skill comes in getting the shots..

    If you need any help on those just send me a FR and ill assign a day for the lesson..

    -Bio

  39. #39

    Default

    yo man this is a great guide, i do need some help with wall bouncing though, if you could give me some tips on live and maybe do some 1 on 1 with me that would be really helpful,

    GT= formulaz789

    thanks if you can help man

  40. #40
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    250
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: UNV Rasta

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wtf117 View Post
    wallbouncing is crucial at lan events and so is teamwork. you barely mentioned one of those in your "pro tips". you might be good but your not pro. and do not say it isnt because i have been to mlg events and when you dont wallbounce you get ripped apart no matter how good you are witha shotty.
    Yea man this was what made me stop playing gears at first. But now I'm back and more open minded and I want to learn how to do this wallbouncing thing. Think you can hook me up with some tips there mate?
    Much thanks to Antidepressiva1 for an amazing contest and my INFECTED OMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CHER, YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Much thx as well Capt23n!! FINALLY WON MY SGE!!!
    BRUTE- Being Rewarding Under aTight-fisted Era // Can't thank you enough for Com Dom bro!
    Avatar Lancer is equipped only because of FLAK!!!!!!!!!! THANKS A MILLION!!!!!


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •