View Poll Results: who wants invites allowed in ranked?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! you work with your friends should be reflected in your ranking!

20 80.00%
  • NO! i have no friends, and no one likes me.

5 20.00%
    Skaarj
    Dallas, TX (aka: the armpit of the country)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tiernanls

Exclamation petition for ranked matchmaking

first of all, everybody is doing it anyway, including myself, i would simply like it to be easier. anywho, i really don't see what is all that horrible about being able to invite players into a ranked match waiting to begin. IMO, the only things that should be removed from ranked host options is weapon swapping, friendly fire, and the ability to boot anyone who joins.

to me, 4 guys saying "we will take on any other 4 guys, anytime, anywhere" is the essence of gears of war online, and should be utilized in ranked matches as well as player matches.

this game was founded on 3 principles i thought. cover, flanking, and teamwork. i may not be the best player or anything, but give me 3 buds who always know EXACTLY what my intentions are, and who i KNOW wont quit on me, and we will collectively bring the pain.

plus, it will reduce quitters, and promote rivalries.... which can only make the game better, and more fun.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by tiernals View Post
    IMO, the only things that should be removed from ranked host options is weapon swapping, friendly fire, and the ability to boot anyone who joins.
    well, i guess it's a good thing that was never included

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WaldoRtk7

Epic has said that they would love to implement a matchmaking system but it is a little to late now. And FYI we has discussed this to death for the past 6 - 7 months.
    The Sons of Sera:
    The Ruins of D'lanor
    [ My Fan Fic ]

"People Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Their Governments,
    Governments Should Fear Their People!"

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Kolorless View Post
    well, i guess it's a good thing that was never included
    what i meant was more that those should have been the ONLY things not included that were included in player matches. sorry

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by WaldoRtk7 View Post
    Epic has said that they would love to implement a matchmaking system but it is a little to late now. And FYI we has discussed this to death for the past 6 - 7 months.
    my bad. never been to the boards. been playing since it came out, and this has always bothered me, so i thought id voice it now. sorry.

and what do you mean too late? is the next gears that close? have they announced no more patches or something?

Redeemer
    At Tyro Station waiting for the train to stop
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gears Gnasher

Quote Originally Posted by tiernals View Post
    my bad. never been to the boards. been playing since it came out, and this has always bothered me, so i thought id voice it now. sorry.

and what do you mean too late? is the next gears that close? have they announced no more patches or something?
    No, but if they haven't addressed this issue after 3 patches and 8 months, then do you really think that they will finally do something about it? It ain't gonna happen.

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WaldoRtk7

No it is more of "why added it it now?" If you are a developer you don't want to go back tracking on a game that has been out for almost a year. It really a waste in valueable time and resource, also man power. I would rather they spend time working on it for the next game and just clean up this one with all the glitches.
    The Sons of Sera:
    The Ruins of D'lanor
    [ My Fan Fic ]

"People Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Their Governments,
    Governments Should Fear Their People!"

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: USRangerJohn

Yes, also as Mark Rein once said EPIC needs the manpower to put it in the game. Had they had more the matchmaking thing would have been better. Im pretty sure EPIC will make GoW2 a much better multiplayer experience then the first one.
    Quote Originally Posted by CliffyB View Post
    ::wipes sleep from eyes::
    Wha?
    I'm here! What's up?
    Cliff Has Been REBORN!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dr McNastee SD

to tell the truth, It would be nice to be able to do it but either way I have yet to play a rank match with any of my friends that I usually do my thing with on player match. But a lot of people always complain so I'll help out just to see how it turns out.
    ROCK - Rednecks On Crackedout Karaoke

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SaintOmega

been brought up a million times and i love the idea...but when have you ever seen EPIC listen to an idea on the forums and implement it...?
    A Saint cannot be killed, only subdued, and when revived ready for more...

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Manley 360

Regardless of how much i agree that it should be included seeing as how this game is based on teamwork, it not likely to happen.Like USRanger John said GoW2 will more than likely have an extremely better multiplayer,considering the multiplayer for GoW1 was a last minute addition & almost wasn't added at all.
    " Voted MOST LIKELY to get SHOT in the academy"
    http://www.xboxamerica.com/cards/gam...Manley-360.png