Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xI Trooper

Default Im sure some of you feel this way....

I need to get this out.

I have become what I hate, and that is people who quit ranked games regularly. I quit ranked games so excessivly now because of 2 things:

1.) Lack of Teamwork and Communication
    2.) Host Advantage

It has become so bad now a days that I hate playing ranked games unless they are with friends. I am playing games and I call things out like where the location of the enemy is. I get no answer then during the match, all you here from somebody is..."I'm Down." Then they get killed. I hate when there is no teamwork and people wander off and get killed. I was playing on Canals just now and was on a team with the host and his friend. I was killed by active down on the Sniper and yell for help. When I spectate, all I see is both of them hiding in spawn because there talking about what happened at school.

I just said "mrf this I'm leaving!"

I also flip out when the host uses nothing but there host pistol and melee you and shoot you with it. Becuase even if they swing and you stun them with a Shotgun Shot, the second shot doesn't kill them and they get away. I played a Mansion yesterday where the host was walking up to me and I shot him with shotty, he walked through it and swung his pistol, I shot again and stunned him. Then I shot a third time and that shot didn't kill him. Then he dove out of the way and right away he hit me with his pistol and downed me but I got one last shot off as I went down and it stunned him again! I died and I quit immeadielty.

I have had it with ranked matches. Screw seriously.

I think I'm going back to player matches and just clan related matches. I am losing patience with this game and need to quit ranked matches so I don't lose interest in my favorite game of all-time.
    Last edited by Frank the Avenger; 06-12-2007 at 06:02 PM.
    ITSTHEWAVE.NET

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mount Crushmore PSN ID: Judge_Smails

Go take a walk outside and put the controller down for like a week.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: M A IN K S

Ok, do what you feel like doing.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I just go play some Halo 2... Makes me happy again playing ranked with my friends.

All you hear in a game is "GET ME UP GET ME UP I DONT WANA DIE!!!"

People think watching you got 3v1 is like being on a backseat driver when they're behind their cover only bothered if it's a chance to get a nade tag or chainsaw kill.

Another thing is the fact that people run around with the nades, making no effort to use them efficiently and damaging the enemy in a crowd... But instead chase after them swinging their arm trying to get a stick. Same with the chainsaw. 1v1 and the guy is running after the guy with his chainsaw out.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

That is why it would be much better if a ranked icon system was implented in this game or the next game.
    ITSTHEWAVE.NET

MSgt. Shooter Person

There are more then one reason to leave.

1. Stacked Team. (you join and the COG has a full roster of clan members)
    2. Host Advantage. (nuff said)
    3. Team Quits (its just you or you and one other guy that doesn't communicate)
    4. Team sits at spawn and barely plays.
    5. 3 or more players are Glitching.
    6. Players are ninja jumping.
    7. Personal problem in reality. (Reality is where you are when your not playing Gears)
    8. Power goes out.
    9. Xbox freezes.
    10. Extreme lag.

Thats why player match is so great. You don't get a$$holes and retards that your stuck with for 15 rounds. If the game sucks go join another one. Oh yeah and one more thing INVITES

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iwork4epic

I havnt finished a game today! Ive played at least 15 games and havnt finished one of them because i realize this game sucks so i quit in the 1st round!

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Exactly, it has been so bad lately.^^^^
    ITSTHEWAVE.NET

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Evolution602

Strongly agree, if only we were Epic...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Smokeydogg7

gears does not suck

the reason you hate it is because you suck at the game you make excuses instead of working on getting better

host advantage???? i dont understand why people ***** about this 1 if people didnt host you could not play their has to be a host get over it 2 if you hate facing host why arent you hosting your games instead of joining others im tired of the host comments you have no right to join someones game and ***** and whine because their hosting it make your own game or shut up

as for teamwork not much you can do if you want to play with friends that bad do player or get your friends to find your ranked room

but like i said the the host complaints are getting annoying and i have come to realize everyone to complains about it sucks and just cant aim correctly

i shot someones head off with a sniper and because of that i was called the host LMAO god i wish noobs would play the wii and leave gears alone

also i have hosted many matches and i love hearing people call others host because their playing good knowing full well i am the host lmao it just goes to show you the host advantage is overrated if you got skills at gears your gonna get alot of kills
    Little Big Planet is overrated garbage

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Federbeast

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeydogg7 View Post
    gears does not suck

the reason you hate it is because you suck at the game you make excuses instead of working on getting better

host advantage???? i dont understand why people ***** about this 1 if people didnt host you could not play their has to be a host get over it 2 if you hate facing host why arent you hosting your games instead of joining others im tired of the host comments you have no right to join someones game and ***** and whine because their hosting it make your own game or shut up

as for teamwork not much you can do if you want to play with friends that bad do player or get your friends to find your ranked room

but like i said the the host complaints are getting annoying and i have come to realize everyone to complains about it sucks and just cant aim correctly

i shot someones head off with a sniper and because of that i was called the host LMAO god i wish noobs would play the wii and leave gears alone

also i have hosted many matches and i love hearing people call others host because their playing good knowing full well i am the host lmao it just goes to show you the host advantage is overrated if you got skills at gears your gonna get alot of kills
    No, I don't think that all of the people complaining about the problems in Gears "suck", and here is why. Today I was playing a custom player match in Gridlock. I was at the apartment to the left of the sniper tower (If you are standing in the sniper tower), and I sniped a Carmine player who was standing still in the head. He took no damage, so I went back behind cover to reload. After I'm already behind cover (I had only popped up to shoot then popped back down again, I wasn't running anywhere), he shot over my head and scored a headshot on me. I do not see how that had anything to do with me "sucking at Gears." I can't get more accurate than having the sniper crosshair exactly on the center of someone's head, and I can't get any more cover than being directly behind a wall. Neither of us moved the entire time so there was no chance of an error on my part. Explain that, Oh Great One. Oh wait, it is because Gears has problems, isn't it? I thought everyone complaining about problems sucked at Gears. Uh oh, I see a little hole in your theory. Maybe you should patch that one up before you make a fool of yourself.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AvatarofKhorne

l2Player match n00bz Thats why I dont play Ranked, all of the reasons above.
    Quote Originally Posted by VisIoN0202 View Post
    You go to pick up any weapon in annex youll get sniped in the head since you cant weapon slide anymore. Nice job epic i know so many people that are quitting. Its ruined

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yeah host advantage sucks but it can be dealt with, im just pissed because epic could fix it. If we had matchmaking we wouldnt have to deal with this.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dead5ight

Quote Originally Posted by stlsfinest View Post
    Yeah host advantage sucks but it can be dealt with, im just pissed because epic could fix it. If we had matchmaking we wouldnt have to deal with this.
    How do you propose Epic fix the slight problem of host advantage?

MSgt. Shooter Person

use client side hit detection or use matchmaking to find the best host for the best connection for everone

MSgt. Shooter Person

halo 2 uses matchmaking, there is always a host but its never this power that can change the course of the game

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Halo 2 matchmaking still has host it is does have the power to change the game. The host in Halo 2 has the ability to grenade jump, aim better than others, and hit better.

The reason why it seems like it can't change the course of the game is because Halo 2 has bullet magnetism, auto aim, huge hit boxes, and respawns.

As much as many Halo 2 supporters cry for match making, its probably not going to happen and probably won't happen for Gears of War 2 either.

Host the way it is now is fine. If you have problems, host yourself or play with friends against the host. Use strategy and team work. If you don't want to do that, pray to Epic Games that they will release dedicated servers.

I am.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CreepyKiller NL

you quitters should shut up.
    I never host and I am accused of being host all the time -_- even when I don't even use the shotgun (like on gridlock when I grab boomshot).

Ohh and federbeast, thats called lag..
    Last edited by CreepyKiller NL; 06-13-2007 at 09:59 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CreepyKiller NL View Post
    you quitters should shut up.
    I never host and I am accused of being host all the time -_- even when I don't even use the shotgun (like on gridlock when I grab boomshot).
    I'm not going to lie to you. Thats either because you are good.... or you use boomshot which requires little to no skill to use.

I could be wrong.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Striking Fear into the XBL gamers on Gears.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TC Wicked Angel

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpZ View Post

7. Personal problem in reality. (Reality is where you are when your not playing Gears)
    8. Power goes out.
    9. Xbox freezes.
    10. Extreme lag.

Thats why player match is so great. You don't get a$$holes and retards that your stuck with for 15 rounds. If the game sucks go join another one. Oh yeah and one more thing INVITES

I have got'n my fair share of all of these this week. mostly getting disk could not be read bull**** and the ninja jumping is damn annoying.
    MADNESS?!THISIS SPARTA!!-300

Old GT:TC Wicked Angel
    New GT:xANARCHYx101
    NickName:Fro
    "Class is now in session."

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Quixote London

TROOPER I know what you mean about lack of communication being extremely annoying. If there is no talking, especially in ranked, then there is not much hope of winning. I find, as a new player, if a more experianced player says for me to watch his flank while he snipes or to follow him when he is flanking someone else, I listen. New players especially need a leader to give some ''orders" so that they can learn, provide cover fire/support and improve their overall tactical awareness. The goal should always be about the team winning the match instead of just getting kills. If you are on a winning team then you will eventually get all your achievement kills.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RBallKillShot

I played a ranked match yesterday on Warzone with three guys on the team that played together all the time. We won the first round and after that is was a total mess. The three guys on my team all they did was talk about other crap going on in thier lives and did not care what was going on in the game. One guy on the team got pissed off because the other guy kept picking up the sniper rifle so he started running around with a smoke grenade in his hand , would run up to the enemy and just stand there and twirl the smoke grenade until they killed him. For several rounds two of my team just stayed in the spawn area and talked and waited until the other team showed up to actually attempt to kill anybody. Of course they got killed pretty easily.
    The match ended up with the other team winning 10 - 1 and I wish that I had actually quit that match which I have never done before.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pittski

you can join the league team murder and howzer inc has started.

gowforumleague.freeforums.org
    Howzer Inc.Ö

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JAGX 387

Lightbulb

What really bothers me (and I'll keep it brief before I rant) is that we cannot play ranked with friends. Ya ya, I know, that's what player matches are for.... But sometimes, I can't stand playing with quitters/mutes/noobs (thanks a lot trueskill). It just makes more sense to me that since it is a team-based game, and ranked matches are supposed to be competetive,then why force people to play with random guys that they will have a difficult time cooperating/communicating with? That compounds the problem IMO.

Can't you see that most of these problems can be solved by playing with friends?! I'd rather get my A$$ handed to me by a well organized team than get my A$$ handed to me becuase my team quit. At least this way, we both have the opportunity to put together a good team, rather than get stuck with people who are not similarly skilled. I mean, if you take away the option to play with friends, then you'd better have a damn-good matchmaking system, and trueskill clearly doesn't live up.
    Gears of War 3
    Switch meatshield and reload to different buttons to avoid errors !!!

Make running faster than rolling!
    If you agree, use my signature!

MSgt. Shooter Person

They kinda took the fun out of ranked all together by not letting us play with friends in ranked matches.

The funny thing is though... I can still find my friends in ranked when I ask them how many rounds. Epic didn't do very well with that one.

MSgt. Shooter Person

you forgot one Dirty Disc Error.. GOtta love that one especally when its a brand new disc and a brand new xbox 360 gotta love it!

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpZ View Post

8. Power goes out.
    9. Xbox freezes.
    10. Extreme lag.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Plasma Panzy

The matchmaking is flawed. Why would you create a complete team oriented game and put a bunch of random people together? doesn't make sense. Coming out of my 6 month retirement due to host, I am equally frustrated by it. Not much else to say about it except it sucks for us.

As for the halo 2 host thing, it is a huge difference, anyone who plays competitively knows that. And FYI host grenade jumping isn't useful at all. In fact one often finds they are blown off maps like lockout. With the halo host you could shoot someone but wheather it hit or not was out of your hands and in your ISP's. In GOW you know there will be lag and can compensate, so its not as bad, but still bad.