Exclamation Gears of War coming to the PS3?!

http://www.n4g.com/News-42702.aspx

c'mon Epic! do it! this would be incredible news if it happened. teach M$ a lesson.

basics is that M$ is FORCING Epic to charge gamers for new Gears content like maps that they want to offer for free. so Epic is threatening to bring Gears to the PS3 as leverage.

no doubt a possible lawsuit would ensue but i BET Sony would even help cover some of the cost just to help stick it to profiteering greedy Microsoft.

bottom line the fact is the PS3 is a stronger machine. with the Unreal Engine could you imagine the upgrade Gears could get on the PS3 hardware? better graphics, sound, AI, larger maps.

C'MON EPIC! DO IT! we'll even pay an extra $10 bucks for the game to help cover any lawsuit costs. that would add up. i know it would move in the millions QUICKLY!

here's the entire article for those that aren't or don't want to register at N4G.

Epic Threatens to Move Gears to PS3?
    May. 31, 2007 3:43 PM
    Taken from Sony Protection Group and CVG

Sources:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=163465

http://sonyprotectiongroup.com/forum...ead.php?t=1556

"After the recent fanboy grab for MGS4, it would seem that this is an equally valid argument at this stage in the generation. As many of us know, Sony Pictures is working in correlation withj FoxHound Studios to bring the MGS movie out of the dark. This is considerable leverage for exclusivity rights that often gets overlooked in the ongoing debate regarding MGS4 and it's true home, the PS3.

On the flipside, it would seem that Developer/Publisher relations between Epic and Microsoft Game Studios is at an all time low and even spilling out into the public. In short, Epic has had to break every rule they've laid down for themselves and their reputation with the PC gaming community in the name of Microsoft profiteering... and they know it!

Cliff Bleszinski of Epic has even been quoted as threatening Microsoft to port over GeOW to the PS3 to try to leverage some developer rights over the content of the game and XBox Live, but they have already inked the contract and Microsoft is winning much to the chagrin of Epic. Is there a change in the tides over at Epic? Have they learned their lesson from doing business with the devil? Unreal Tournament games have always used OpenGL in correlation with DirectX in the PC sector. These guys were also one of the first to show off their game engine running on early PS3 devleopment hardware at E3 '05. It seems almost like a perfect match. "

The ball is definitely in Epic's court right now. They definitely have Microsoft by the sack on this one.

Administrator

This story is complete bull****. I emailed the site and asked them to take it down. We're very happy with our relationship with Microsoft. If it weren't for them Gears wouldn't be the huge hit it has become.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: T33513R

You know, it's really refreshing when a developer speaks in plain language and does so within the community of players. Thanks Mr. Rein, you rock.

Redeemer
    At Tyro Station waiting for the train to stop
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gears Gnasher

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rein View Post
    This story is complete bull****. I emailed the site and asked them to take it down. We're very happy with our relationship with Microsoft. If it weren't for them Gears wouldn't be the huge hit it has become.
    Pwned!

Mark, I'm glad to hear you recognize that MS had a lot to do with Gears' success. Yes, you guys built it, but they promoted it beyond belief. The comments about the DLC made us all believe that there was a rift between Epic and MS (or one had grown since the comments).

Looking forward to the update.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sdkngsht View Post
    C'MON EPIC! DO IT! we'll even pay an extra $10 bucks for the game to help cover any lawsuit costs. that would add up. i know it would move in the millions QUICKLY!

what do you mean "we?" and you're willing to pay for a cause such as to "help cover any lawsuit costs," yet you're not willing to pay for some maps? gimme a break.

Palace Guard

Mark Rein just kicked some ***

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KoaBD ARiZoNaS

LOL Mark Rein said bull****!!! That is so worth signaturing. but I won't..

because you need to make uc3. *hint*
    I miss UC2 I'm in love with it and want UC3.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thank you for being direct with your comments, as it gets annoying when people try to cushion their comments, making them less effective.

Sony Fanboy Downed!

Palace Guard

how about no
    Betrayal: War is never black and white, just two shades of gray.
    This is a story of those who get caught between the shades.

FFC Author- Epic, sticky the thread!

Official Forum Pwner: Co-Co-Captain

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Skynyrd Fan

This was up twice yesterday but was removed i pm'd an admin, but they never responded, i geuss this answered my question.
    Pronounced Leh-Nerd Skin-Nerd
    Evanmack's "There's No Sunset in Virginia":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G0hdZeK7ss

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Timmy forever

HA Mark just owned the interweb.

ps bottomline PS3 is not a stronger machine, they are more or less equal both with advantages and disadvantages exept for PS3's Blueray, luckily file compression means we aint losing out on awesome graphics anytime soon.
    http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z214/AllAboutLee/

Graphic Design (some very old Gears stuff in Flash Sub-folder).

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JJags7BL

Yeah! GO MARK!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: aightZz

Thnx Mark, I'm glad it stays Xbox360/PC only
    The Mind is quicker then the eye..

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KiLLeRxKeLiixHI

Mark Rein PWNED lol

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Shadow Wannabe

yay it's staying with 360 hehe you Mark said Bull**** hehehehehehehehehe

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: YakitateMegumi

Thumbs down

Yet with or without microsofts cooperation and massive funding the game would of still blew. Sorry Mark Rein, maybe Gears of War would of been better game if the gameplay was enjoyable and targeted towards true unreal users, not ghost recon fanboys wanting a ultra realistic experience.

::Raises flameseld to prevent neo xbox gears otaku from hitting me::

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: U1 849 K A

Quote Originally Posted by EnderofZone View Post
    Yet with or without microsofts cooperation and massive funding the game would of still blew. Sorry Mark Rein, maybe Gears of War would of been better game if the gameplay was enjoyable and targeted towards true unreal users, not ghost recon fanboys wanting a ultra realistic experience.

::Raises flameseld to prevent neo xbox gears otaku from hitting me::
    It's not Unreal, it's Gears. That's the entire point of an Original IP...
    MAP MIXER 3.00 Final! UT ain't complete without it.
    Does any one know where the love of God goes When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
    The searchers all say they'd have made Whitefish Bay If they'd put fifteen more miles behind 'er.
    They might have split up or they might have capsized; They may have broke deep and took water.
    And all that remains is the faces and the names Of the wives and the sons and the daughters.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
    That's not going to stop me from disliking it.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
    That's not going to stop me from disliking it. If Epic wants me to play Gears, their going to have to do something about the controls, and the gameplay.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sweet2th

i have one problem with this comment: You do not give your company enough credit. there are plenty of guys at Epic that have done phenominal work that has had more to do with GoW being a success than anything MS has done.
    Quote Originally Posted by -=¤willhaven¤=-
    He says "B__ch! Get away from my ride! Owned."

Iron Guard

As Mark has already commented, and for some reason I think we're going to see some UT vs Gears flaming, I'm closing this.