Default Release date for UT3

http://www.ggl.com/index.php?control...rticle&id=4994

Hip Hip HOORAY! I hope that will be the final date.

Administrator

We don't know when the game will be released but it won't be ready in time for September 3rd. In addition the idea that we would release the game in the US and UK several weeks apart is just plain silly.

Prisoner 849

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AryssSkaHara PSN ID: AryssSkaHara

That's what I thought. Separating release dates for US/Canada and other world by 3-4 weeks will only help resellers and pirates, but not to Midway/Epic.
    "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
    - RenegadeRetard

MSgt. Shooter Person

STOP IT "dashed hopes again"

Ok, at least we now know the game won't be out by september, another hopes are crashed

But thanks for the info anyway Mark : )

Marrow Fiend

hey, maybe the beta/demo will be out in september

Veteran

Atta boy Mark.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Its a good thing Mark Rein stepped in and said something. This thing has spread all over UT forums.

550 digs so far.

Which brings me to something. I know Epic wants to keep tight lipped about things but with almost no information being put out, and what info we do have is rather sparse. A rumor like this spreads like wildfire.
    I am an angry man, deal with it.

MSgt. Shooter Person

thanks for clearing that up.

certainly one of the shortest lived rumors in history
    http://www.utmr.dk
    http://www.utmr2003.dk/index.asp/

USA UT2k4 iCTF and UTComp DM server 216.246.110.232.

xfire: tsthawkwind

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thx Mark. To me this is rather good news. Just means I'll build an even more powerful rig.
    BeyondUnreal
    źBeyondUnreal Assassins╗ Live in your world, DIE in ours.

Prisoner 849

yeah i saw that release date on gameinformer.com last week. i knew that it couldnt have been right though.

theres alot of good pc games coming out around those months. i wonder how well this game is gonna do compared to crysis, halo 3 and call of duty 4?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Devastator View Post
    Thx Mark. To me this is rather good news. Just means I'll build an even more powerful rig.
    My thoughts exactly.

MSgt. Shooter Person

The 4th of septemebr would make an awesome birthday pressy!!!
    Anyhow, i 'd rather Epic take their time and make this one the best UT yet!
    Then again the waiting hurts so much......

Seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by viiGo View Post
    http://www.ggl.com/index.php?control...rticle&id=4994

Hip Hip HOORAY! I hope that will be the final date.
    Copied from my post in the OXM thread: It's pretty funny how these things work. On GGL there's a news article about it that mentions two sources, IGN and Gamerush. If you follow the Gamerush link, you'll come on a page that mentions it's a copy of another page. If you go that other page, you'll find a mention of the source. Not surprisingly, that source is IGN again. If you check the IGN page, you'll find nothing about it except a tiny box with information which, if memory serves me, has frequently changed in the past. What it comes down to is a lot of fuss around one number on one newssite that doesn't mention sources or even whether the release date is speculative or not.

Skaarj

Was following the comments on digg.com and was wondering what the official word was. Great that people like mark are able to set the record straight so quickly. i'm still saving and waiting to see the 1st benchmarks for hardware on UT3
    ingame UT99 + UT3 = Apnu

Skaarj

It'd be a smart idea to dismiss this rumor in a stickied thread.. I've seen this same release date on at least 5 sites now.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I told you it would be coming Novemberish. My Win! Theres loads of ut99 playas that are looking forward to this, will Epic succeed? Are UT99 Servers about to get empty or is it going to be another comeback like UT2003 did? Only time can tell my friends.

Edit: I'm very glad youre releasing UT3 in the same time in both US and EU, thats a +.
    Last edited by Malevol3nt; 05-29-2007 at 05:42 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rein View Post
    We don't know when the game will be released but it won't be ready in time for September 3rd. In addition the idea that we would release the game in the US and UK several weeks apart is just plain silly.
    Mark, can you confirm a release, still in this year?

German gaming magazins numbered the development status with approximately 70% and the largest challenge might be probably the adjustment for Normalo PC┤s (those are probably the remaining 30% hahaha)

Quotation : However unreal ran on Highend PCs. UT 3 for Normalo machines to adapt, might become one of the largest challenges.

can you confirm that too?

i hope the demo will come on the games convention in leipzig this year okidoki ?
    Last edited by Catzenjaeger; 05-29-2007 at 05:58 PM.

www.Unrealbase.de - Your Gate to the world of Unreal Tournament 3
    IRC Channel on Quakenet: ut-3
    UT3 Vehicle Database | UT3 Weapon Database | UT3 Movie Database

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jrubzjeknf

Do you really think he's gonna answer those questions? It'd be the first time they would tell a deadline to the public.
    My Work: MantarunAssist - TeamSpecificActors_v2 - UT2k4ScoreRecovery_v3

Quote Originally Posted by rhiridflaidd View Post
    I remember when I first saw a cicada in-game and had a shock vs cicada duel (I had the shock.)

The shock did nothing, and the cicada couldn't hit me no matter how he tried. We both walked\flew away bored after a while.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Jrubzjeknf View Post
    Do you really think he's gonna answer those questions? It'd be the first time they would tell a deadline to the public.
    why not? its not a deadline - I hope that he can give us a status. What would be bad to it? Epic will be intelligent enough to estimate itself correctly.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jrubzjeknf

And smart enough not to tell you. If it's too soon, they'll have to make that deadline and they don't want that considering their 'when it's done' policy and if it's too late, people will be put off. And it's quite likely there's a date where these two can both happen.
    My Work: MantarunAssist - TeamSpecificActors_v2 - UT2k4ScoreRecovery_v3

Quote Originally Posted by rhiridflaidd View Post
    I remember when I first saw a cicada in-game and had a shock vs cicada duel (I had the shock.)

The shock did nothing, and the cicada couldn't hit me no matter how he tried. We both walked\flew away bored after a while.

Seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by Catzenjaeger View Post
    why not? its not a deadline - I hope that he can give us a status. What would be bad to it? Epic will be intelligent enough to estimate itself correctly.
    Epic is intelligent enough not to estimate itself incorrectly, which is bound to happen if they do release an official release date before the game goes gold.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Wait !!! Perhaps Mark will express itself to my questions - The Hope dies at last

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Catzenjaeger View Post
    Mark, can you confirm a release, still in this year?
    I think this is askign a bit much and this is probably why people don't answer questions because they just keep getting worse and worse, no offense. I'm surprised enough that he even responded to such speculation as the sept 3 prediction. I'd say leave well enough alone and just be happy you know the game aint comin out till after sept.
    Cliffy B: The older I get the more I start to think "when its done" means "we're not quite sure what the hell we're building."

Banned

I'm getting the feeling we'll be seeing UT3 this Christmas.
    If so, it better be a damn well kick ass UT.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rein View Post
    I'm glad that you guys are trying to keep from feeling obligated to rush it. Of course, I'm sure that there are tremendous time-value-of-money and cost-of-development pressures, but as a UT fan I want to say:

No Rush! Feel free to take your time to make it as perfect as possible. I suspec that much of the UT community feels the same way.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by DagnyTaggart View Post
    I'm glad that you guys are trying to keep from feeling obligated to rush it. Of course, I'm sure that there are tremendous time-value-of-money and cost-of-development pressures, but as a UT fan I want to say:

No Rush! Feel free to take your time to make it as perfect as possible. I suspec that much of the UT community feels the same way.

One word.........Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by [TT]BrundleFly View Post
    It will be an orgasmic religious experience that makes your balls bigger, your stomach flatter and your breath fresher... Or maybe you will just fart more, I'm not sure...
    BrundleFly's comment on the question why to buy UTIII.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Malevol3nt View Post
    I told you it would be coming Novemberish. My Win! Theres loads of ut99 playas that are looking forward to this, will Epic succeed?
    I'm an active member of the UT99 CTF pick-up-games (PUG) matches community and from what I can tell, most of my friends have either already written off UT3 (because they hated UT 2003/2004 so much) or they're extremely skeptical.

I suspect that that's a very common sentiment amongst UT99 players who tried and rejected UT 2003/2004.

Of course, if UT3 is good and feels more like the original and if their friends start raving about UT3 and stop playing UT99, I'm sure they'll take notice. Also, many will try the demo and get a chance to see for themselves.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sam Stride

hope it comes out this year... else quake wars and crysis will take all the glory...
    From the studio that brought you UT - Gears of War.
    Horde same as invasion from UT .

Marrow Fiend

Quote Originally Posted by Jrubzjeknf View Post
    And smart enough not to tell you. If it's too soon, they'll have to make that deadline and they don't want that considering their 'when it's done' policy and if it's too late, people will be put off. And it's quite likely there's a date where these two can both happen.
    I really can't imagine how a studio could possibly estimate when they are going to be able to ship something they're not even done with yet.