Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tundon

Default Locusts with capes

This has probably been discussed before, but I'll bring it up anyway. As we all know there are locusts with capes or w/e. the problem with the capes is while in cover, sometimes they randomly flap about and give your position away. Not a problem I have, I play as the grenadier But I noticed while spectating that the COG team kept finding the locust because of the capes (they were even laughing and joking about it with me, I thought it was hilarious).

So, do the locusts with capes intentionally get a disadvantage or is it just bad programming? (For all the fan-bois that's not a stab at Epic, it's an honest question)

Its Called Realism my friend!!

Banned

yeah the cape is sometimes a disadvantage!

but let me remind you that the cape guys also have big plus, against the grenadier/ normal locusts

Raam is almost completly black, so this is good camaflouge
    also the other one`s are a bit red, perfect for tyro station and
    garden!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: T33513R

Locusts w/capes also can be downed by hitting their capes with an active reload from the sniper.

That's why I play as General Raam, off host. So no one can make any excuses when I destroy them.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Not only do they give the position away thay take damage on them. The caped crusaders are a seriously at a disadvantage.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CreepyKiller NL

they also get downed by an active reload in the feet/leg. All other characters don't.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Aceswildx

thats why I dont play as the caped locust, its better, imo, to play as a grenadier

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by carryonskie View Post
    Its Called Realism my friend!!
    Yeap, it's a commonly known fact that when people wear capes the cape sometimes starts flapping about randomly without any real reason.
    Also a commonly known fact: once people put on their capes they will enter a symbiotic-state with the cape.
    The cape becomes an extention of ones body, so if the cape gets shot for example the person wearing the cape will feel immense ammounts of pain all the while the cape will start bleeding.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Aceswildx

really? I have never heard of that lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Colbert View Post
    Yeap, it's a commonly known fact that when people wear capes the cape sometimes starts flapping about randomly without any real reason.
    Also a commonly known fact: once people put on their capes they will enter a symbiotic-state with the cape.
    The cape becomes an extention of ones body, so if the cape gets shot for example the person wearing the cape will feel immense ammounts of pain all the while the cape will start bleeding.
    The flapping thing can be attributed to wind or whatever. But the symbiotic-cape thing, who knows? You don't know anything about Locusts...maybe they have these suits that DO have a symbiotic relationship with the Locust who wears it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rawfosraeg View Post
    The flapping thing can be attributed to wind or whatever. But the symbiotic-cape thing, who knows? You don't know anything about Locusts...maybe they have these suits that DO have a symbiotic relationship with the Locust who wears it.

Sure, wind, so why don't I hear the sound of wind blowing, ever? Plus, does the wind only blow when these locust are in cover?
    Also, wind would effect the trajectory of bullets.

And no. The locust don't live in symbiosis with their capes, it's just the way the character model is designed and the only reason their capes bleed is that fixing this would take too much effort compared to the end result.

MSgt. Shooter Person

just make the game fair and give cogs some capes.. lol j/k hey afterall marcus is the action hero of the future.

Hell Yeah Bring on the COG Capes!!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: haffy13

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Colbert View Post
    Sure, wind, so why don't I hear the sound of wind blowing, ever? Plus, does the wind only blow when these locust are in cover?
    Also, wind would effect the trajectory of bullets.

And no. The locust don't live in symbiosis with their capes, it's just the way the character model is designed and the only reason their capes bleed is that fixing this would take too much effort compared to the end result.
    wind would effect bullets so little it would be almost impossible to see unless it was a very long distance, and a very strong wind.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by haffy View Post
    wind would effect bullets so little it would be almost impossible to see unless it was a very long distance, and a very strong wind.
    ..and if the bullets were made of paper!!!
    Outside of a dog, the book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by smasher2000 View Post
    ..and if the bullets were made of paper!!!
    Both you and the other guy who posted something similar are dumbasses.
    Wind is a factor when it comes to mid- to long-range shooting.

Also both of you dumb****s failed to comment on the rest of my post.