Skaarj

Default Bug on "lure the berserker outside the tomb"?

Here is my situation:

- Game saved at point where Berserker breaks through the wall
    - No ammo in my Hammer of Dawn

There are five areas that I can reach from this point:
    1) Main starting point in small hallway - No HoD ammo
    2) First corridor to break through - nothing
    3) Second corridor to break through - nothing
    4) Third corridor to break through - nothing
    5) Courtyard - There are two Hammer of Dawn guns laying on the ground as you first enter the courtyard. However, I am unable to pick them up because I already have an HoD and it just displays the no-swap icon (A circle w/ a line through it + an arrow pointing to a HoD icon). I ran around all over the place looking for ammo and cannot find anything. I have wasted about an hour now and cannot get past this point. I have no trouble getting the berserker outside to the courtyard, but I try to use the HoD and it just makes a clicking (no ammo?) sound.

Is this a possible bug? This is frustrating the hell out of me and I cannot continue the campaign.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DORK of WAR

Nope this is NOT a bug.

What you have to do, as the mission says, lure the Berserker outside the Tomb. When you have lured her outside, underneath the open sky, aim and pull/hold the fire trigger, that the little laser points on the Berserker, you should hear a futuristic beep sound. Wait a few seconds while still pressing the fire button down and an energy beam charges and bursts down from the sky on the Berserker.

While she is glowing pink you can shoot at her or grenade-tag her, if you like, but otherwise, after waiting a few seconds, you can/have to aim again with the HoD on the Berserker and repeat the procedure, now the chick must be toast and you are a mission further.

PS: Remember, you cannot use the HoD inside in a building, it only works outside, even then when the satellite is on, what Anya repetitively says. And the HoD has no ammo, its only a laser pointer/marker for the satellite which is outside the planet Sera.
    Do I make sense to you?
    Last edited by iRkRaNT; 05-06-2007 at 09:08 PM.
    Snake: Don't just stand there, shoot!
    Meryl: You f****** ate my gun!
    Snake: Oh...

Metal Gear Awesome

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NIGJUICExx805

Quote Originally Posted by amne33 View Post
    Here is my situation:

- Game saved at point where Berserker breaks through the wall
    - No ammo in my Hammer of Dawn

There are five areas that I can reach from this point:
    1) Main starting point in small hallway - No HoD ammo
    2) First corridor to break through - nothing
    3) Second corridor to break through - nothing
    4) Third corridor to break through - nothing
    5) Courtyard - There are two Hammer of Dawn guns laying on the ground as you first enter the courtyard. However, I am unable to pick them up because I already have an HoD and it just displays the no-swap icon (A circle w/ a line through it + an arrow pointing to a HoD icon). I ran around all over the place looking for ammo and cannot find anything. I have wasted about an hour now and cannot get past this point. I have no trouble getting the berserker outside to the courtyard, but I try to use the HoD and it just makes a clicking (no ammo?) sound.

Is this a possible bug? This is frustrating the hell out of me and I cannot continue the campaign.
    Dude,the hammer of dawn doesnt have ammo...make the berserker run into the pillars and brake the glass ceiling...it should allow you to fire the hammer of dawn

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ThE Hek7iC

remember the days when no one had any idea how to play and everyone was a noob and constantly got owned on campaign.
    those were the days....
    but there over so... LEARN TO PLAY THE GAME NOOB

Skaarj

I didn't think that the HoD ran out of ammo, but it did not let me use it before. It just went click-click-click.

Anyway, I just turned my XBox 360 back on, was going to try to take out the columns because of the glass ceiling post, but I didn't have to do anything this time. As soon as the berserker came out, "lure the berserker outside" was crossed of my objectives and "Kill the Berserker" now showed up. I was able to use the HoD right away and it took me less than 5 min. to do the whole thing.

This was definitely a bug, but was resolved by restarting my XBox 360 and reloading the game. For some reason the "Lure the berserker outside" objective never got crossed off. I had him running around outside on at least 5 attempts when I was trying before and it just timed out and I had to restart the mission in the hallway again.

Note: Just to be clear, this was the first berserker. I looked up the glass ceiling on a GoW walkthrough and it looks like there is a second berserker that you need to do something with a glass ceiling (greenhouse area?)

Skaarj

remember the days when no one had any idea how to play and everyone was a noob and constantly got owned on campaign.
    those were the days....
    but there over so... LEARN TO PLAY THE GAME NOOB
    Ok, so there is a bug/glitch and I am a noob then?

Explain to me how I got the berserker outside at least 5 times and the timer just ran out? I had to restart in the hallway every time, which means that it never checked of the objective. If it was working correctly then it would have checked off that objective and said "Kill the Berserker" the first time and I would not have had to go start back at the hallway point. Also, if I was outside and trying to use the HoD then why couldn't I use it? Explain that for me. Also, after going back and rebooting the Xbox, why did it work the first time?

I'll make you a deal. Why don't you stay on your high horse until something like this happens to you. Next time your computer blue screens, you get a software exception/error, or next time something out of your control does not work. Then get off your high horse and tell everyone you are a noob because it didn't work for you, like you do to everyone else.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Explain to me how I got the berserker outside at least 5 times and the timer just ran out? I had to restart in the hallway every time, which means that it never checked of the objective. If it was working correctly then it would have checked off that objective and said "Kill the Berserker" the first time and I would not have had to go start back at the hallway point. Also, if I was outside and trying to use the HoD then why couldn't I use it? Explain that for me. Also, after going back and rebooting the Xbox, why did it work the first time?

I'll make you a deal. Why don't you stay on your high horse until something like this happens to you. Next time your computer blue screens, you get a software exception/error, or next time something out of your control does not work. Then get off your high horse and tell everyone you are a noob because it didn't work for you, like you do to everyone else.
    there isn't a glitch, if you listen to Anya, you have to be outside to use the hammer because it syncs with a satellite to bring down the laser. The whole scene where the berserker is busting through the walls is purely a survival game. At no point in the game can you use the hammer inside unless ur "painting" a target that has open sky above

The clicking noise from the weapon means that the target doesn't have open sky above, so it won't work... so keep walking around and tagging random targets until you hear the beep, then enjoy the show lol
    Last edited by mikeeb13; 05-07-2007 at 12:46 AM.

Skaarj

Are you serious? Did you not read my posts?
    I told you that I was outside when I was trying to use it. I made it outside at least five times and the HoD would not work. Like I said before, it did not work until I restarted the console and then it worked the first time after rebooting.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: II Coffey II

Its a Her not a Him. Their Female.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ThE Hek7iC

yeah i was joking dont worry about it. its a glitch i get it. chill out. but my first thought if that happened to me would be to restart. or eliminate every other choice before coming to forums. just a tip. o and my horse is white

Palace Guard

the HoD has limitless ammo and so doesnt say a number
    Betrayal: War is never black and white, just two shades of gray.
    This is a story of those who get caught between the shades.

FFC Author- Epic, sticky the thread!

Official Forum Pwner: Co-Co-Captain

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Cr4z3y

Don't listen to him he's jsut angry that he is a noob and just frustrating your angry on you. Just do what everyone else says

Skaarj

Well, I'm just glad to be past it. It was frustrating the crap out of me and I ran through the map over five times trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. I knew it couldn't have been that hard. After I restarted and it worked right away I was relieved and pissed at the same time.

Anyway, thanks for the help

This reply is to about half of the people that posted to this guy's thread, " what in the world is wrong with you people ", this guy just came here to let us know about the glitch and you have given him hard time for no reason whatsoever. You people should be ashamed yourselves acting like asses.

Every single time someone post's here are they going to be met by a bunch a little bullies?

If so I will start personally turning every single one of you in every time you get smart mouth was somebody that's asking an innocent question.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Einchy

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeyESP View Post
    Its a Her not a Him. Their Female.
    That post was USELESSsss. And whats with everyone being such an ass to this guy?