Banned

Lightbulb HERE`s why people complain about the host

I have a real ****ty connection,
    so when i host a game, i can clearly see the difference between host non-host
    games that i play.
    its maybe only 4 seconds of difference but there is indeed time difference
    to the host advantage.

Sure when average players join, they still can kick my ass..., but with those 4 seconds on my favour
    its not likely.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=vH-LbmvB--4

Personally i dont care, but thats because i play this game pure for Recreation.

For those who do care, there should be servers hosting the game. not individuals.
    Last edited by gearhead666; 05-01-2007 at 08:26 AM.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: schwol69

yeah i really only play player matches so host doesnt bother me much but dedicated servers would rock \m/

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gabi ONE

Big Grin

Host advantage is nothing more than an excuse for crappy players. I love to play against host because I always aim to have more kills, downs and revives than he/she does. All you need to know is what weapons beats what weapon, learn how to use the A button properly, know the maps and you would be better than any player on or off "host advantage".

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: octo INC

lol at the above comment.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: q Kakashi q

Quote Originally Posted by GabiONE View Post
    Host advantage is nothing more than an excuse for crappy players. I love to play against host because I always aim to have more kills, downs and revives than he/she does. All you need to know is what weapons beats what weapon, learn how to use the A button properly, know the maps and you would be better than any player on or off "host advantage".
    Wow, obviously you must know what host advantage is. We should start saying latency advantage from now on. No bullet lag for a good player only amplifies the players skill.
    "I swallow my pride, and never forget what I want." -Disturbed

"You are weak. Why are you weak? Because you lack hatred. Hate me, detest me, and survive in an unsightly way. Run, run and cling to life."

I GUESS YOU AREN'T AWARE WHO HAS HOST? I'LL GIVE YOU A GUESS, THE PERSON WITH THE MOST KILLS/POINTS!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x El Scorpio x

we pay for Xbox Live and peer-to-peer gaming should be replaced by dedicated servers. You should be able to host a match indirectly via those servers so the "host" has no advantage.
    Gears of War multiplayer gametype ideas

"On my block, we make the impossible look easy" - Scarface

MSgt. Shooter Person

Frankly, I hate not being host or at least friends with the host, because of all the jerks out there. Without host you either are subjected to them when they host or get stuck with loudmouth glitchers. At least I try to keep a conversation with the opposing team to see if anyone is annoying or keeps TKing them.

On crummy DSL I can not stand the latency of a shotgun shot. Sometimes I get a good connection and I play just as well. When i manage to split screen at a friends house with cable the latency is so minimal that i hardly notice it. You still get the occassional crap connection. I live with it. But only because I play strictly with friends.

I found that the best way to deal with the shotgun latency is to provide support fire with pistol and hammerburst (my fav weapons) or any other long range weapon.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gabi ONE

Honestly, even if a person does have "host advantage" or "latency advantage" as you put it, it's not impossible to kill the host. If you are a good player who know how to switch weapons, active reload, use cover/area knowledge to thier advantage, then you should have no problem beating the host. I honestly have never had a problem beating a host team, except if your team really, truly, undoubtably suck balls, then you have no chance.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Strokin Man

The only thing I dont like is how host is effected half as long if at all by melee stun, and can shoot you by not even looking at you, even 180 degrees around in fact.
    One does not simply host shotty into mordor... On second thought, you probably could.

"Nappy headed hooooo." - Don Imus
    "Don Imus freakin rules!!!!" - Me

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Strokin Man View Post
    The only thing I dont like is how host is effected half as long if at all by melee stun, and can shoot you by not even looking at you, even 180 degrees around in fact.
    It's not just the host that can do that. I've done it plenty of times off-host. I agree with GabiONE. If you are a good player you should be able to beat anyone - host or not. You should know that you have to lead your bullets if you get in a laggy match. Predict how far you should lead your bullets by taking a shot at the floor with your shotgun and seeing how long it takes to hit the floor.