Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: snoogans460

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity_NZ View Post
    does anyone know if it'll work on vga?
    It should. Can't think of any reason why it wouldn't.

MSgt. Shooter Person

WOOT!!!!!!!! I didn't bother to post yesterday because I wanted to just go any play it

Awesome to see the Dev's chime in here I'm (very ) happy you guys are happy!! Especially to ol JoeGraf who's kept us satiated all this time till this day!

Indeed, the BC team did a good job on it! However, i must say that for games past around 4 or 5 people, it seems to lag a bit too much still (an odd kind of warping lag, can't place if it's just frames per second or latency related).

In any case, I'm thrilled!

One last word to the Dev's: Hey Dev's! ....what do you guys think about a little celebratory patch???!? Hmm???

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by snoogans460 View Post
    Yep, if you wanna' eliminate those black bars, just turn your video settings to 480p and you'll be ready to rock with widecreen support. Like I mentioned, some emulated games (like UC2) have widescreen support in 720p and 1080i (thank goodness). While others such as Soul Caliber and Fable, only have widecreen support in 480p. Whenever it's displayed at a higher resolution, the vertical black bars become present.

Thanks for the info on Wolfenstein, I haven't tried that game out yet. One thing I do rememeber however, is that game always lagged like crazy - so it may not be the emulation process. It looks like you're waiting for the Marvel DLC too - not to drift off topic or anything.

Thanks for the info ... on another related UC topic ... is anyone else having a problem with doing the challenges ... I am trying to do the second challenge and it always freezes the system. That sucks because if I can't do the challenges there are some things I cannot unlock. The disc I have is fine ... in fact I actually took the copy I just bought back and exchanged it for a cleaner disc and still I am having this problem. It would be nice to know if it is just a problem I am having or are other people running into the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by snoogans460 View Post
    It should. Can't think of any reason why it wouldn't.
    some games on the bc list won't work with pal 60 settings and vga uses pal 60.
    halo 1, hl2, doom 3, etc.

Damn, this is sweet. I love this game, but I suck hardcore at it.

I'll be back online soon if anyone wants some easy kills/wins.

MSgt. Shooter Person

This is excellent news, guess it was worth waiting for after all.

Im so glad i never listerend to the members in the other thread who were sure it wasnt going to get bcd and were tryin to convince me the only way to ever play it is to buy a xbox 1 , so :P to all them.

Banned

forget the question about the challenges ... the disk was just really dirty in that spot (it was used) so I now have Raiden! So I am happy.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DeusGear

Ugh I hate playing it over 1280x1024 and having black bars on both sides.
    Last edited by DeusGear; 04-23-2007 at 07:37 PM.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HCF249

I just noticed it was b/c today, i'm definetly gonna get this game by tomorrow (luckily i know where to get it )

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity_NZ View Post
    some games on the bc list won't work with pal 60 settings and vga uses pal 60.
    halo 1, hl2, doom 3, etc.
    VGA works phenomenal with UC2!!!!! All the downloads work right unlike the halo2 maps with VGA. I got scared when I saw the OG xbox screen when d/l but it works flawless with VGA!

This game couldn't be any better!!!! I just bought 2 more copies (makes 3) when I couldn't get the elite!!!!!

Thankyou Epic for this great game!!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

bought the game, never played it before and since its on BC I like to try it and its amazing.
    "When Gamers Fall Who Do They Call? Azians."

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by FLIPINOM4D View Post
    bought the game, never played it before and since its on BC I like to try it and its amazing.
    Glad you like it. We need more converts to experience the UC2 brilliance.

Yea I have now purchased 6 used copies since the b/c update to pass along to friends!!!! 2 of them are playing through campaign before touching MP!!!!! so hopefully they will be owning us soon!!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by H0M3GROWN View Post
    Yea I have now purchased 6 used copies since the b/c update to pass along to friends!!!! 2 of them are playing through campaign before touching MP!!!!! so hopefully they will be owning us soon!!!!
    Tell then to increase controller sensitivity in options and to fire rockets at their opponents feet. The basics

Super Moderator

Does it RENDER in 720p, or does the 360 just upscale it to 720p?
    It upscales. I was hoping they'd create a larger backbuffer and just scale any screen space coordinates. Then it would be able to render at 720p without the game having to change any code. Oh well. At least it works

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Has there been any official word on the Necris Freeze glitch issue? I know it's a rather insignificant quirk, but was wondering what caused it - and whether the next BC update could include a fix.

For those unfamiliar with the problem, playing with the Necris characters on the emulated 360 version causes a slight delay whenever a freeze is unleashed from their pistols.

Thankfully, that seems to be the only real noticable bug.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: borsdy PSN ID: borsdy

Hey, a few questions. This is the only BC game I'm playing on my Xbox 360, why does it disconnect me from Live when I play it? Can I play this online with Gold or do I need an original Xbox Live account? And finally, can I system link my Xbox 360 to an original Xbox?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by _borsdy View Post
    Hey, a few questions. This is the only BC game I'm playing on my Xbox 360, why does it disconnect me from Live when I play it? Can I play this online with Gold or do I need an original Xbox Live account? And finally, can I system link my Xbox 360 to an original Xbox?

Thanks
    The only reason it would disconnect you from LIVE is if you sign-in on the 360 dashboard, and then launch UC2. Make sure to load the game first, then hop online as if it was an original Xbox Game.

Since Xbox Live is a unified service, all you need is an online account and you'll be good to go. It doesn't matter whether you've got a 360 set-up or an original Live account.

Lastly, I have no idea whether the original Xbox and 360 are system-link compatible. You'd have to experiment for an answer. Personally, I have my doubts - although, I could very well be wrong.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: borsdy PSN ID: borsdy

Thanks for the help.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by _borsdy View Post
    Thanks for the help.
    Anytime.

Game on.

I am so happy they finally did this. Ive been waiting since i got my 360. Too bad I dont get my refurb back till friday. Hope i dont have any problems with it. Add me if you wanna play, my gamertag is kernel sanduz. I also play Gears, shadowrun and counterstrike if anyone is interested in playing.

System Link between both Xbox and Xbox360 works great. However, I'm unsure if I need to have 2 live accounts to have a dedicated live server running on one and be able to connect on live to the other... (just so other people can play)

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Psycl0n NiNe

thank god people still play UC2 on xbox live, i just ordered a copy so it should be here soon.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: P1G V3n0m

There really isn't anyone online though...

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Psycl0n NiNe

well more people should get on. i just ordered it so i wanna play

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SlazRabbit

I've just ordered one for like $10 in a nearby retail store. Online play is extremely inactive but you should be able to find a few enjoyable matches from time to time.
    Slaz - T3h K!ng 0f C4rr0tus
    Do you know Jazz Jackrabbit? It was Epic's best classic game series which included two bestsellers.
    Unfortunately, the third game in the series, which used to run on Unreal technology, was cancelled.
    Epic and CliffyB, we want a new Jazz3!!
    Jazz2Online - Haze's Hideout - Beyond Unreal

So can someone just verify the following for me:

-UC2 does not run at a higher resolution on the 360, but it is upscaled?

-UC2 performs better (higher framerate) on the 360?

-You cannot use a mouse and keyboard to play UC2 on the 360?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Skakruk; 10-11-2008 at 05:22 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I already knew it was out on 360 because I checked the list a while back. And it is a great time for it to be because I got an Xbox 360. I haven't played UC2 yet because I haven't got it but I've always wanted to get the game and play it. I have been searching around stores for the game and have not yet found it. But I will not give up!

I am glad it is on 360 because the original Xbox had some issues with hardware and reading games. I can only speak for some people because there are others whose Xbox' works fine. My Xbox is one of the ones that didn't. X360 though seems to run fine and stable.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Oliver Diemtar

Quote Originally Posted by UTCollector88 View Post
    I already knew it was out on 360 because I checked the list a while back. And it is a great time for it to be because I got an Xbox 360. I haven't played UC2 yet because I haven't got it but I've always wanted to get the game and play it. I have been searching around stores for the game and have not yet found it. But I will not give up!

I am glad it is on 360 because the original Xbox had some issues with hardware and reading games. I can only speak for some people because there are others whose Xbox' works fine. My Xbox is one of the ones that didn't. X360 though seems to run fine and stable.
    Whenever you get this game, please tell me!! So we can play!!
    I caused the LIANDRI CONFLICT

Default Its Official 360 Compatible

Yes
    apparently the only modules that differ in the rebuild are the http parser and the pdm module. I think thsi means that wmp streaming problems are solved.

Is anyone still playing? Just got a 360, UC2 is favorite game and would love to play some cats.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I play it but I am not sure if you can play it on Xbox live, I think Microsoft stopped Xbox Live Original now, But I could be wrong.

This whole thread no one seems to have mentioned the widescreen issue with UC2 on the 360. It doesn't fill a 16:9 screen properly. And I'm not saying it's running at 4:3 - it's somewhere half way between 4:3 and 16:9, almost like 16:10 which is pretty weird. Does anyone know how to make it run 16:9 proper without pillarboxing? It used to be fine on the original X-Box on my old 16:9 TV, no black bars.

I've tried 1080p, 1080i, 480p etc. The width changes marginally, but there are always black bars.

you can buy a copy here for 4.99 and of course shipping. it is a google trusted store. http://www.dkoldies.com/UNREAL-CHAMP...20xbox-207.htm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12