MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JoeSki73

Default *EDITED 4/11* - Multiplayer "TWEEKS" to make Gears SUPREME!

These are some of the minor changes I would like to see in GoW2.

1. Set your default character for locust and cog NOT in main menu but in a player options menu in the multiplayer game lobby.

2. Give host control of swapping a player from one side to the other.

3. Option to choose your map before every round.

4. Option to swap out starting weapons.

5. Random team select. (Everyone in middle doesn't always work)

6. Host options. (ability to edit all settings)

7. Guest or additional gamertag on same tv join room, including host, without having to exit the room and re-enter. (perfect dark zero did it)

8. Ability to cancel the start game timer. (I accidentally hit start every now and then when I'm not ready and it drives me crazy.)

9. Female skins for all the ladies out there.

10. AN ASSIST COLUMN!!! (Kills - Assists - Downs - Revives - Points)

11. When the connection screen pops up and stops the players from moving it should STOP EVERYTHING. COMPLETE FREEZE. (i.e. the train on Tyro station, someone's bleed-out or revive meter, all animations like chainsaw and curbstomp, explosions, health regeneration, position of character, etc...)Especially now with timed territories in Annex.

12. Spawn locations rotate (within your perspective spawn), or are random, from round to round. (This way I don't always start behind a pole.)...A third spawn for Annex mode would be nice. Spawn camping is so easy on maps like rooftops.

13. FOUR player split screen in multiplayer. (Player matches)

14. Make all ledges as easy to navigate as War Machine. i.e.: Rooftops I can do a gymnast routine on top of the ledge but can't get down in the heat of battle.

15. Separate buttons for cover and run/jump. Run and jump/dive on one button and cover on another button.

* Don't post stupid crap like LAG and HOST ADVANTAGE. Everyone knows it's there and everyone wants it fixed.
    Last edited by JoeSki73; 04-11-2007 at 04:04 PM.

Banned

It would be cool if you could pick your character (Raam, grub, etc) and you would start with a special set of weapons. You could choose Therron Guard and start off with a torque bow for example.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by biscuitbarrel View Post
    It would be cool if you could pick your character (Raam, grub, etc) and you would start with a special set of weapons. You could choose Therron Guard and start off with a torque bow for example.
    And RAAM would start with a Turret in his hands and Kryll for cover? No way that'll ever happen. =P

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I was thinking more along the lines of things that could actually happen.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xI Trooper

Hmmm....How about fix the LAG and HOST ADVANTAGE!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    Hmmm....How about fix the LAG and HOST ADVANTAGE!
    you ruined it, immature

i thought of the same things in the first post, especially about picking the map when already in the lobby, cause sometimes you dont want to play rooftops and ur in a fuel depot kinda mood.

maybe a ability where when the host wants to kick someone, all of the player have to vote, and the majority wins (only thing is that its an even number)
    Yep I'm back.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I hate when you have a great game going and the host has to leave for some reason or another. It would be so cool if they could transfer the host responsibility to another player so the game can continue. That and the fact that you have to leave a room to go split screen or even back to full screen bug me the most.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by "uselesss" View Post
    I hate when you have a great game going and the host has to leave for some reason or another. It would be so cool if they could transfer the host responsibility to another player so the game can continue. That and the fact that you have to leave a room to go split screen or even back to full screen bug me the most.
    I thought about adding host transfer to the list, but I didn't think it would actually be possible because I assume all players are tied into the host xbox somehow. ...?????????

Good thought though.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: II UND3RD0G II

Halo 2 does it...

MSgt. Shooter Person

Maybe being able to edit more settings, like in the Unreal Tournament games... I don't know if it would fit this game though.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ComptonKid

After throwing a nade it switches u back to whatever gun u have in ur Lancer slot. I would rather it swapped back to whatever weapon I was previously using. Example: going after a guy w/my shotty, kill him then throw smoke out and auto swaps back to my shotty.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ComptonKid View Post
    After throwing a nade it switches u back to whatever gun u have in ur Lancer slot. I would rather it swapped back to whatever weapon I was previously using. Example: going after a guy w/my shotty, kill him then throw smoke out and auto swaps back to my shotty.
    That would be nice.

MSgt. Shooter Person

id like to see the ability to re-join a game if you get disconnected in ranked.

it only happens on occasion but i will lose my connection and involuntarily quit and its annoying because i lose all my points and the team ends up a man down.

I know it happens to other people quite a bit as well.

Its obviously possible to have people join half way through a game and i'm sure it would be possible to restrict joining players to those who started the match in round 1 rather than it being available to everyone.
    Outside of a dog, the book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by smasher2000 View Post
    id like to see the ability to re-join a game if you get disconnected in ranked.

it only happens on occasion but i will lose my connection and involuntarily quit and its annoying because i lose all my points and the team ends up a man down.

I know it happens to other people quite a bit as well.

Its obviously possible to have people join half way through a game and i'm sure it would be possible to restrict joining players to those who started the match in round 1 rather than it being available to everyone.
    That would make ranked a lot more appealing. Great idea. (As long as it puts you on the same team you started on)

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSki73 View Post
    That would make ranked a lot more appealing. Great idea. (As long as it puts you on the same team you started on)
    Well obviously, you should start exactly where you left the game (same points etc), a couple of rounds may have passed since the disconnect but thats a small price to pay to get back into the match.

I cant see any advantage in people disconnecting on purpose with this idea, unless the player has no intention of coming back, ie a quitter.
    Outside of a dog, the book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hey Joe, I think I played you the other day.. I am testycoles.. Anyway, that was a good list.. Not sure if it was mentioned in another post, but an addition to picking maps before rounds, a voting system would be cool, kind of like how UT does it.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by colesy View Post
    Hey Joe, I think I played you the other day.. I am testycoles.. Anyway, that was a good list.. Not sure if it was mentioned in another post, but an addition to picking maps before rounds, a voting system would be cool, kind of like how UT does it.
    Yeah. I think we did play for a little while.

Banned

Which of your suggestions are for player matches and which are for ranked matches.

As far as I'm concerned some of that stuff would DESTROY the fairness of ranked matches.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by wonkers View Post
    Which of your suggestions are for player matches and which are for ranked matches.

As far as I'm concerned some of that stuff would DESTROY the fairness of ranked matches.
    You think Ranked matches are fair? WOW!
    Anyways, the best one on that list is the ability to switch starting weapons.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by wonkers View Post

I was referring to multiplayer in general. ...But they already don't allow some of the current options in the ranked that are allowed in player matches.

Personally, I don't care. Ranked are a waste of time in my opinion.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Poe tank

you know when someone disconnects from the server in a ranked it brings up the press B if you want to disconnect thingy. if you down someone and that happens during the time he is downed (Execution) he will stand up and he will have another chance to kill you and (War zone) they bleed out and die before a teammate can get to you this is my biggest complaint at the moment....

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Poe tank View Post
    you know when someone disconnects from the server in a ranked it brings up the press B if you want to disconnect thingy. if you down someone and that happens during the time he is downed (Execution) he will stand up and he will have another chance to kill you and (War zone) they bleed out and die before a teammate can get to you this is my biggest complaint at the moment....
    GREAT GREAT GREAT Point. I forgot about that.

I will add it.

MSgt. Shooter Person

The thing about letting you move people to whatever side you want them to be on should definitely only be in player matches.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Poe tank

you know when you spawn in the same point might be good if you had some veriatey

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Poe tank View Post
    you know when you spawn in the same point might be good if you had some veriatey
    Crap. I forgot about that one too. I need to write this stuff down.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Deleted .
    Last edited by JoeSki73; 03-30-2007 at 02:24 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Updated list 3/30.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Updated 4/11

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SamTheSlayer69

Quote Originally Posted by biscuitbarrel View Post

Yes that idea would be awsome however the cogs would have the same weapons and ot would be the locust with all the good weps. except carmine of course he has the sniper.

Redeemer
    in an alternate dimension where anarchy is law
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AB CursedApollo

how about this to deter quitters in ranked. something like this would suffice:
    1st off this does not apply to those who get connection error and lag out.

1-even if they cut the power their gamertag and character idle in the game accumulating deaths and lost rounds (worse than -50 points dont you agree? )
    2-if they turn on their 360 they are unable to connect to MP untill the match has ended
    3-by quitting they forfit ranked play for 1 hour on the 1st offence then 2 hours and so on
    4-by the 10th offence the gamertag is blacklisted and permanetly barred from ranked play mean no further accruing(gaininng) MP achievements

if epic did this then no one in their right mind would quit ranked play.
    Originally Posted by BloodyCreep: topic: Why do I hear retarded Rumors of Active Reload Removal? At least from the Sniper?

Originally Posted by joeGraf: Don't listen to rumors. AFAIK, no one here is even remotely entertaining the idea.
    well there you go ppl go STFU about the AR!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by {SM}LeadSniper View Post
    how about this to deter quitters in ranked. something like this would suffice:
    1st off this does not apply to those who get connection error and lag out.

1-even if they cut the power their gamertag and character idle in the game accumulating deaths and lost rounds (worse than -50 points dont you agree? )
    2-if they turn on their 360 they are unable to connect to MP untill the match has ended
    3-by quitting they forfit ranked play for 1 hour on the 1st offence then 2 hours and so on
    4-by the 10th offence the gamertag is blacklisted and permanetly barred from ranked play mean no further accruing(gaininng) MP achievements

if epic did this then no one in their right mind would quit ranked play.
    It's tough making the decision to control free will. People's choices aren't always the best, but I don't think they will make a dicision in favor of restricting poor decisions.

I hear you though. It would be nice if everyone wasn't a moron.