MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Harold is ANGRY

Default Gears 2 Confirmed, and other information!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Black Asgard

awesome!!! I cant wait. I hope they do G2 before they do GPC

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/771/771958p1.html its on IGN too
    Last edited by Black Asgard; 03-10-2007 at 02:18 PM.

Blezenski deserves a hug.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mad I max

meh, at this point I think a majority have the patch on their minds rather than Gears 2. Gears of War 2 is probably a long way off...and this isnt really news.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fastest Soler

whats the big deal? its a trilogy, its been known forever that it is going to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by OG LaZaRuS View Post
    Ya... That just happened...

I sometimes play gears with a cougar in my living room... no fear!!
    Gears of War Crazy- Get your Gear on.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rackerz

Just nice to know we're getting it . I hope Gears comes to PC before the second comes out.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: aightZz

Old news

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gackt x360a

Known it was going to be a trilogy for quite some time now...
    You fight like Nali!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rivercurse

Quote Originally Posted by Uzumaki Naruto View Post
    Known it was going to be a trilogy for quite some time now...
    No one knew anything until it was known how well the first game was going to do.

Yes we had all read that it was intended to become a trilogy (a film was mentioned aswell), but if the first game had flopped, they wouldn't bother making more.

Official confirmation of a second game is still nice to have
    Speak to us, Epic!

Quote Originally Posted by Sirril
    Still learning GoW online,still loving it.
    Amen brother...

MSgt. Shooter Person

No big surprise there, but good to know fors sure.

Now, we just have to wait for screenshots.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mwknowles92

That's going to be forever from now though. All I want is some good patches and some more downloadable content.
    Screw the strike, I miss Gears too much.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blitzkrieg 9

Actually I believe it's NOT a trilogy. Someone originally said it was a trilogy and then I read an interview (maybe Mark Rein) where he said "why stop at 3?"

Here is the link:
    http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...9&postcount=13

Administrator

The Gamespot article is wrong. Cliff didn't confirm anything of the sort.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Harold is ANGRY

huh. that's quite a misquote there. too bad.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FR MATTUU

see how he sed the gamespot article is wrong then the ign must be right

Redeemer
    in an alternate dimension where anarchy is law
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AB CursedApollo

.... this is getting confusing *goes back to playing GoW AB-using host powers*
    Originally Posted by BloodyCreep: topic: Why do I hear retarded Rumors of Active Reload Removal? At least from the Sniper?

Originally Posted by joeGraf: Don't listen to rumors. AFAIK, no one here is even remotely entertaining the idea.
    well there you go ppl go STFU about the AR!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JoeSki73

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rein View Post
    Why deny it?

Everyone knows a second Gears is coming. It's stupid not to have more.

I feel like I'm being insulted everytime it's denied. We're not that dumb.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: elevenoverzero

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSki73 View Post
    Why deny it?
    It's all to do with behind-closed-doors businessy thingies and stuff.
    I run where the dark crowds run
    In the rain swept streets where the black rain runs

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KoaBD ARiZoNaS

Mark Rein owns, he'd be my hero and I'd make a shrine if he would make unreal championship 3. But you better make gears 2, don't dissapoint me again. UT3 FTW!!
    I miss UC2 I'm in love with it and want UC3.

Now i think i need a hug...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: aightZz

Why deny it?

Everyone knows a second Gears is coming. It's stupid not to have more.

I feel like I'm being insulted everytime it's denied. We're not that dumb.
    He don't deny it, there's a high chance that Epic will make GoW2. Like Mr. Mark Rein said in the past "If GoW sells good they don't see a problem to make the next one"(or something like that) The Gamespot article is wrong, they didn't confirmed (yet) that doesn't mean he deny it. Btw, if Epic confirm something, I think we would read it here first

Too soon to confirm GoW2, GoW is just released and we must give Epic time to make contents for that game and focussing with UT3. When GoW2 come out, people will say after 1 month "When will Epic Confirm GoW3"? and so on..

I don't think there will be GoW2 this year, maybe some information end of the year. Epic said they will support their games, so I expect some nice stuff for GoW and for UT3 later, NOT bringing GoW2 in few months or something.

And stop making useless 100 GoW2 topics or believe any false crap websites. (besides Epic itself) When Epic is ready to confirm GoW2, they will do that here first - I believe.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JoeSki73

Quote Originally Posted by aightZz View Post
    He don't deny it, there's a high chance that Epic will make GoW2. Like Mr. Mark Rein said in the past "If GoW sells good they don't see a problem to make the next one"(or something like that) The Gamespot article is wrong, they didn't confirmed (yet) that doesn't mean he deny it. Btw, if Epic confirm something, I think we would read it here first

Too soon to confirm GoW2, GoW is just released and we must give Epic time to make contents for that game and focussing with UT3. When GoW2 come out, people will say after 1 month "When will Epic Confirm GoW3"? and so on..

I don't think there will be GoW2 this year, maybe some information end of the year. Epic said they will support their games, so I expect some nice stuff for GoW and for UT3 later, NOT bringing GoW2 in few months or something.

And stop making useless 100 GoW2 topics or believe any false crap websites. (besides Epic itself) When Epic is ready to confirm GoW2, they will do that here first - I believe.
    This is what should be said:

"Of course we are planning on making another gears, baring some unforeseen condition. We would be complete idiots to not do it. We just don't have any timeframe as to when work will start on it."

Banned

They have over 3 million reasons to make a GOW2. Those are the numbers of sales for GOW1 I am 100% sure each and every one of those customers who purchased the 1st will buy a second. So give us a break with he same post over and over again we will get a Gears 2 as well as a update. Be easy

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eshelon

This is what should be said:

"Of course we are planning on making another gears, baring some unforeseen condition. We would be complete idiots to not do it. We just don't have any timeframe as to when work will start on it."
    Agreed, but I think Epic is somewhat flabergasted at the pure idiocy of the members of this community to an extent.

Everyone who is asking if there will be GoW2, please read:

They made a game that sold 4mm copies (that's 4 MILLION). There are only 10mm XBOX 360s out there right now. So, that means that 40% of XBOX 360 owners out there have GoW. Now let me ask you this simple question. If you made a game that was sold to 40% of the potential customers you had (4mm copies) and it was sold at $60 a pop, that's gross revenues of $240,000,000, would you make a sequel? Yeah, I thought you would.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: steeleyed

Quote Originally Posted by jason24cf View Post
    ...I am 100% sure each and every one of those customers who purchased the 1st will buy a second.
    I wouldn't be so sure of that if I were you. If GoW 2's multiplayer implementation is nearly as flawed as GoW's, (I'm talking mainly about the bullet lag and plethora of glitches here), I will not buy it. The campaign better be a lot longer and less obviously rushed as well.

Whatever the predictions/press releases/etc down the road, I will be renting GoW 2 to check it out. I will not have the good faith to simply buy it before actually playing it myself, as I did with GoW.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
    There are no "cheap" kills. It's your skill that's lacking when I pistol-whip, chainsaw, or frag tag yer ass. Suck it up and stop crying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brettmeister View Post
    We? As in you and all the other people that were thrown on the ground as babies?

Banned

I am sure epic will correct all the flaws that have been shown in Gears for its follow up. Glitching will always happen in games. That's not epics fault. As for the multiplayer; after all the crying that has been posted on this fourm about online play. I can bet it that they will correct all these issues. Have faith. I unlike you will buy the game as soon as it drops. I have faith in epic.

MSgt. Shooter Person

How about we get Part 2 for Christmas?
    damn why does it take 18-24 months to get part 2 out the door? Please just re-use the tech you have, and just add missions etc... don't re-invent anything or try and make it better, it is already as good as anything i've seen in the last 10 years

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: steeleyed

Quote Originally Posted by Artmic View Post
    damn why does it take 18-24 months to get part 2 out the door? Please just re-use the tech you have, and just add missions etc... don't re-invent anything or try and make it better, it is already as good as anything i've seen in the last 10 years
    Hell no, I want them to take as much time as necessary to produce a truly finished, well-polished game.

I want them to take the time to find and eliminate the glitches, (how in the hell did the weapon slide get through QA?), and fine-tune the multiplayer with realistic internet connections in mind, (you know, similar to what your average customer has, not a frickin T1 or LAN).
    Last edited by shades_of_grey; 03-12-2007 at 07:05 PM.
    There are no "cheap" kills. It's your skill that's lacking when I pistol-whip, chainsaw, or frag tag yer ass. Suck it up and stop crying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brettmeister View Post
    We? As in you and all the other people that were thrown on the ground as babies?

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Big Daddy Davee

Quote Originally Posted by Artmic View Post

There is a lot in this sentiment that is spot on. No need to reinvent the wheel. Most is already in place. The things that are a little off simply need perfecting.

I cannot help but look back at Socom and how all Zipper needed to do to that game was perfect what was already in place. Instead they decided to follow the path downhill IMO.

Christmas would be great, practicable...who knows. Killer decision for M$...definately.

This is the author of the GameSpot article and I can tell you in no uncertain terms that it isn't wrong. Cliffy B kicked off his speech by saying "We've had great success with Gears of War and intend to do a sequel sometime down the line." Microsoft has since said that his comments are not official confirmation, just an expression of interest. However, it's not like I pulled the quote out of thin air.

Oh, and this sort of official denial of comments outside the PR food chain is nothing new. The existence of Halo 3 wasn't official until the trailer debuted at E3 2006, even though Bill Gates had mentioned it in an article in Time that ran during E3 2005. Afterwards MGS PR downplayed his comments and said he didn't speak for Bungie and that no game had been officially announced.
    Last edited by thorsen1nk; 03-12-2007 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dom000 View Post
    huh. that's quite a misquote there. too bad.
    It's not a misquote--I was sitting in the fourth row and heard him say it.

Administrator

Mark Rein said "I intend to buy the Dallas Cowboys someday"

So should the resulting headline be "Rein confirms purchase of Dallas Cowboys"?

Of course not.