Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BadAssMutha360

Default Could this be, the game being played as it was designed to?

My fellow gamers, I have been witness to a most disturbing trend in Gears online multiplayer, the more matches I play, the more people are using cover, the more people are using the lancer, and the more, and this is the most horrifying one yet, teamwork.

Sure I still see the occasional round where people are dancing the shotgun ramba, but I fear that the old days are slowly slipping away from us, the shotgun may only be used as a last resort soon, a secondary rather than the main weapon.

sad times we live in, sad times indeed.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Shadow854

I agree I noticed too that this may be the only game that actually forces you to play how it was intended or well your dead i used to play rainbow and one guy could take out a team of 8 in this its just hard for a 1 V 2 and the 1 to end up winning it happens but not that often
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Gamertag Shadow854
    --------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is like peeing your pants everyone can see it but only you feel the warmth

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fastest Soler

I love lancer, and hate shotgun...so I agree
    Quote Originally Posted by OG LaZaRuS View Post
    Ya... That just happened...

I sometimes play gears with a cougar in my living room... no fear!!
    Gears of War Crazy- Get your Gear on.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: V10L3N7 JAY

This is the way me and my friends have been playing the game since it's release so I guess, yes welcome to the right side.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Poe tank

team work is a must have aspect of the game....problem is you need to have a team that will lissen to you..

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: s3r1ou5 n00b

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssMutha View Post
    people are dancing the shotgun ramba,
    It's either Rumba or Samba not Ramba

But apart of that Agree 100%

MSgt. Shooter Person

You guys that pi** and moan about the shotgun are funny. "Playing the game the way it's supposed to be played"

The way the game is supposed to be played is to win. If that's by using the lancer, shotgun, pistol, frag or even the Hammer of Dawn it's still a win.

I love how people complain about how someone else beats them. Hilarious.

If I run up and start shotgunning you to draw you out and let my teamates pick you off that's still a win.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Skynyrd Fan

I wish i could go online (360 sent in for repairs) and see if what i read is true, but i doubt it.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WILDWAYNE001

I only played this weekend online and me and my friends use a lot of team work. So yeah I would say team work is a very big part of the game.
    I just stuck you with a smoke nade.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Shadow854

Quote Originally Posted by racefan33 View Post
    I love how people complain about how someone else beats them. Hilarious.
    yeah umm whos complaining were just saying its how the developers wanted the game played you Puckin Feckerhead
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Gamertag Shadow854
    --------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is like peeing your pants everyone can see it but only you feel the warmth

MSgt. Shooter Person

LMAO

I use the lancer like CRAZY when its laggy. A full active reload from it and i just spray while backing up from a shotgun user. Works like a charm

MSgt. Shooter Person

I have notice players getting really good with the pistol. And, these skilled players has somewhat even the playing field with the shotgunners.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

see, the way I figure it, the shotgun rushing and dancing was due to the fact people were too used to run n' gun games, but the more people played the more they understood the concept of teamwork and using tactics other than charging blindly with the shotty in order to win.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HorizonX5

I have noticed this as well. It took people a little while, but they realized that if they concentrated their fire on guys charging through the middle instead of meeting them head on, that they could use the cover to their advantage.

Some games have a tendency to evolve over time. Gears seems to be one of those games.

Not a shotgun hater...just nice to see cover still be apart of the game.
    Fall of Soldiers
    - READ HERE! -
    "All of us must die; the only question is how we get there."

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Einchy

People don't use cover because it's useless. Why would you spend a long time shooting at a guy when you know he is just going to regain it back up? Now if he DIDN'T regain his heath you would see lots of people using cover and having awesome lancer fights.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tech314

I have awesome lancer fights using cover and just pull out a boltok and if they leave there head exposed long enough, pop goes there head.
    It's all about 'dem Super Carmine Bros.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssMutha View Post
    My fellow gamers, I have been witness to a most disturbing trend in Gears online multiplayer, the more matches I play, the more people are using cover, the more people are using the lancer, and the more, and this is the most horrifying one yet, teamwork.

Sure I still see the occasional round where people are dancing the shotgun ramba, but I fear that the old days are slowly slipping away from us, the shotgun may only be used as a last resort soon, a secondary rather than the main weapon.

sad times we live in, sad times indeed.
    I haven't played in a good week but the last time I played i definitely noticed this trend as well. I was gonna post something about it.
    -Proud whiner, complainer, and cry baby of the-
    Get Rid of the Bullet Lag
    Club
    No bullet lag, no problems.

http://getpwnt.blogspot.com/

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Skynyrd Fan

I remember when Gears first came, from what i saw, you had the people scared to go out of cover, or the people that didnt know what cover was.

The game has been a lot worse lately. Today, I played 2 legit matches with my friend out of 9. By legit, I mean that nobody quit before the end of the game. However, in those 2 games, the opposing team used the chainsaw glitch and roadie glitch. It's funny that we still won, but if I wasn't trying to up my rank with my friend, this game just becomes dumb.
    Yes, I am good.

CaRb0n MoNoXiDe

MSgt. Shooter Person

More ppl are using pistol now too coz its so good. Yeah. Few shots, bonk, downed.
    My Art!
    Lancer:
    http://jumzie.deviantart.com/art/Lan...Rifle-63632830
    Shotgun:
    http://jumzie.deviantart.com/art/Gna...otgun-63633096

Dom's the ownage. You know it. "'Sup, b!tches?" "Ok, enough with the falling down already."

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fastest Soler

hmm i will have to try the pistol out.
    Quote Originally Posted by OG LaZaRuS View Post
    Ya... That just happened...

I sometimes play gears with a cougar in my living room... no fear!!
    Gears of War Crazy- Get your Gear on.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Poe tank

chainsaw glich sulutin=shoot him and he is stuned/team mow him down with lancer

rodieo run glich you need your chainsaw or frags throwing them is the best idea becuse when he is stuned he is screwed

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZaneZavin

Team work can be important in any team game just in this game teamwork can really save your ass pretty often.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Empyrean Legacy

I agree. My main focus in games has always been being a "lone wolf", which is what I'm good at, and it works just fine for me in games like Lost Planet or Rainbow 6, enough that when I play Gears of War, I run to the enemy, not thinking, and am taken out more often than not: immediately.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Phillyfanboy

Happiness is like peeing your pants everyone can see it but only you feel the warmth. Great Quote!
    "You don't have to be the best, you just have to be better than everyone else".

"You're ghostin' us, mother****er. I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that?"

Private Jackson: What I mean, sir, is if you was to put me with this here sniper rifle anywhere up to and including one mile from Adolf Hitler... with a clean line of sight... well, pack your bags, boys. War's over.

Clan: Xx1LovexX

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheGhengisClone

I've been playing alot of Vegas lately because my favorite game (Gears) had devolved into 'follow-the-host-with-the-shotty' type run and gun. cover is useless against a team where the host splats two of you right away and the guy you're stuck with isn't paying attention. Vegas had the teamwork that Gears seemed to be missing, but if it's showing up and people actually understand strategy and working together, i guess i'll have to check it out again. Hopefully this is true...
    http://card.mygamercard.net/gel/Theghengisclone.png

I've killed more people than smallpox...

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SuPerMaChi

thats great, but you do realilze the it is possible to use tactics and play smart while using the shotgun right?

u can take cover and fire with the shotgun too you know? i use the shotgun too but i dont just blindly rush in to situations.

the problem was not the shotgun but dumb people, they are finally learning and getting better. so, thats what i think is happening.

Redeemer
    in an alternate dimension where anarchy is law
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AB CursedApollo

my solution to the chainsaw rodie glitch i shoot them right when their about to chainsaw me AND I CHAINSAW THEIR ARSE LEGITAMATELY! i see it alot in old bones and i eat these tards fro breakfast when they do.
    Originally Posted by BloodyCreep: topic: Why do I hear retarded Rumors of Active Reload Removal? At least from the Sniper?

Originally Posted by joeGraf: Don't listen to rumors. AFAIK, no one here is even remotely entertaining the idea.
    well there you go ppl go STFU about the AR!

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Big Daddy Davee

Quote Originally Posted by Einchy View Post
    People don't use cover because it's useless. Why would you spend a long time shooting at a guy when you know he is just going to regain it back up? Now if he DIDN'T regain his heath you would see lots of people using cover and having awesome lancer fights.
    You've hit the nail on the head IMO. It would make it a very different game if your health didn't regenerate. I don't know if it would make the game too much of a stand off though.

I would like the game to only partially regenerate the health of people who catch a bad one. Either that or dare I say it...a health bar.

Sorry, I used to play Socom and the words health bar still bring a tear to my eye.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Just Cause View Post
    You've hit the nail on the head IMO. It would make it a very different game if your health didn't regenerate.
    I think it would just make matches end faster.

Redeemer
    At Tyro Station waiting for the train to stop
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gears Gnasher

Nope. All I still see is teams rushing with the shotgun, with the occasional sniper sitting back. My friends and I have been using the lancer more, not because it is better, just because it is different. We're bored with this game more and more. Same shotty fests/dances. Same host advantage - along with the smack talk to go with it. This game needs a shot in the arm, imo.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by HanSolo2187 View Post
    Nope. All I still see is teams rushing with the shotgun, with the occasional sniper sitting back. My friends and I have been using the lancer more, not because it is better, just because it is different. We're bored with this game more and more. Same shotty fests/dances. Same host advantage - along with the smack talk to go with it. This game needs a shot in the arm, imo.
    That has been my experience too. Players do use the Lancer on occasion, and on occasion cooridinated kills will happen on moronic players who rush weapon spots, but it is still so much more work than just running up point blank and shotty spamming (Or, rather, shotty killing, considering your shouldn't be shotgun rushing without surprise on your side). The lancer is a great way to let the enemy know where you are.

Oh, yes, and the smack talk. I so miss the clan matches that my PC shooters had. Less twelve year olds.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

I think the regenerating health system was a great idea, especially in vegas, but the regenerating to a certain point if they get really messed up should have been incorporated as someone else said.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vanquish Xx

This is all speculation and opinion. I feel that shotgun was ment to be the most powerful and most used weapon in the game and thus i think the game is being played as it should be. If you don't like how the game is being played play differently and start a revolution or what not, but the fact is the shotgun will always be a popular weapon.

Don't want smack talk? - use the mute function
    Don't want host advantage - host it yourself
    Losing Increases Lag by 50%

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sai tyrus

Me and my pals use all the weapons... each one has its pros and cons. Different weapons are required for different situations.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KoaBD ARiZoNaS

I used to use the lancer like crazy on gridlock because everyone sucked and didn't run back for cover. Now I get active reload with my shotty and run up there since none of my teammates help. But seriously I get owned by a lancer 3/4 of the time I go up against one. Thing is super powerful. I don't get how getting shot at 10 feet changes the way the bullet does damage at 15. But. Hey.
    Oh and for the chainsaw glitch just shoot them twice with the pistol/ lancer and they can't chainsaw you anymore so they're screwed. As for roadie run.. chainsaw them.
    I miss UC2 I'm in love with it and want UC3.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SuPerMaChi

Quote Originally Posted by Just Cause View Post
    You've hit the nail on the head IMO. It would make it a very different game if your health didn't regenerate. I don't know if it would make the game too much of a stand off though.

I would like the game to only partially regenerate the health of people who catch a bad one. Either that or dare I say it...a health bar.

Sorry, I used to play Socom and the words health bar still bring a tear to my eye.
    nah that would just turn the game into a camping game, and guess what?

everyone will be complaining about campers. people are always gonna complain no matter what.

thats why epic is not gonna mess with the core gameplay mechanics or the weapons.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Federbeast

I love killing someone with the lancer.. especially if they're trying to rush me with the shotgun.
    Looking for a good Gears of War clan/team to possibly join tournaments with.

"Hey, I've been in a firefight before! ... Well, I was in a fire. ... Actually, I was fired from a fry-cook opportunity. I can handle myself."
    --Wash from the awesome-yet-cancelled TV series, Firefly