Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BadAssMutha360

Default New multiplayer mode, stupid maybe, but I'm allowed to dream.

Alright, this here is mah suggestion for a new gameplay mode.

Juggernaut: A 6 player match in which there are four cogs, and two locusts, the two locusts being Berserkers.

Farfetched, but I think it would be interesting. Conventional weapons would do damage to the berserkers instead of just the hammer (with varying degrees of effectiveness, o' course). It would emphasis teamwork on both sides, if one cog goes out without his team, he's screwed, if the berserkers get split up they would be taken down easier, etc.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

anyone have a response?

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: blastinYALL

that would be amazingly fun. There could even be a berserker achievement!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SuPerMaChi

it would be extremely hard to kill anyone with a berserker tho. people will just dive outta the way with ease.

and with the current maps, the berserkers woudnt be able to get to certain places on maps.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lancer Meat

I was thinking about the amount of players on each team, and this is what I thought.

It would make more sense to have more players on the locust team, as in reality (of the game of course) the locust outnumber the humans easily. So I think possibly as an option for multiplayer games for the future you should be able to choose the amount of locust on the opposing team, say 8 locust versus 3 cog. Obviously the locust would need to have some kind of restriction, because if they were evenly powered with the cog players then there would be no contest, as is the case (most of the time!) with the current multiplayer!

SO I reckon for future study and ideas there could be a scenario called out numbered or for sake of the game "Last Stand" Where a small Cog group face a large group of locust players. And the winners get a lolly pop!
    after playing for over 5 hours on public MP matches, im actually starting to get annoyed at how poor the Gears 2 MP really is.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SluGSlinGa View Post
    it would be extremely hard to kill anyone with a berserker tho. people will just dive outta the way with ease.

and with the current maps, the berserkers woudnt be able to get to certain places on maps.
    that's why you have two berserkers, one charges, misses, the other comes and takes em out. Team dynamics don't you know.

and you've gotta point about the map thing, juggernaut specific maps would have to be made.

MSgt. Shooter Person

the ones who are playing the berserkers should have no gfx (black screens), smellovision and full digital sound

Hint:Berserkers are BLIND and hunt by sound and smell

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

as cool as that sounds, it wouldn't really work.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Revlett

An idea similar to this one has already been mentioned. Personally, it doesn't sound too fun to me. A better idea (I don't know if this has been proposed or not) would be to have a juggernaut gametype with 7 players vs 1 juggernaut. The juggernaut would have 2x maybe 3x the health the other players have and be the only one able to pick up weapons. When the juggernaut downs a player that player is considered dead and cannot be revived. The juggernaut on the other hand can pick themselves up and must be executed to be considered dead. Last man standing wins (either team of 7 or the juggernaut).

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

What if someone chainsawed the juggernaut?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: D1rty R3dn3ck

Quote Originally Posted by Revlett View Post
    An idea similar to this one has already been mentioned. Personally, it doesn't sound too fun to me. A better idea (I don't know if this has been proposed or not) would be to have a juggernaut gametype with 7 players vs 1 juggernaut. The juggernaut would have 2x maybe 3x the health the other players have and be the only one able to pick up weapons. When the juggernaut downs a player that player is considered dead and cannot be revived. The juggernaut on the other hand can pick themselves up and must be executed to be considered dead. Last man standing wins (either team of 7 or the juggernaut).
    That is a sweet idea for a gametype. As for the chainsawing, maybe just have the juggernaut bat the lancer away, that way the only way to kill him with the saw would be to down him first. And if some one happened to tag the juggernaut with a grenade then, it will stun him for a sec and take down like 1/3 of his health. IDK, just some ideas.
    Last edited by D1rty R3dn3ck; 01-25-2007 at 02:53 PM.

this 7v1 idea has potential

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by L33t2thdoc View Post
    this 7v1 idea has potential
    Yeah, it seems like a fairly descent idea. Would the juggernaut switch between players in between rounds, or would there be one juggernaut for the whole match. If the juggernaut stays the same the whole match; how would the juggernaut for the next Match be established? Most likely by the person with the most points on the non-juggernaut team. I think it would be fun if the juggernaut changed between rounds; so the person that kills the juggernaut(or downs him) gets to be the juggernaut next round. You would win by winning X amount of rounds as the juggernaut. Seems like hours of fun to me.
    Last edited by D1rty R3dn3ck; 02-01-2007 at 01:36 PM.
    `````````` ____________`````````````
    __________(__||__]__||__)___________
    |--------------.===.-.~,~~:____:__/||\__|================[_]=
    |_||||______/___/_/```'|___|/

Sniped by: D1rty R3dn3ck

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Revlett

I didn't realize anyone would like my idea. It might not be a very competitive gametype, but it does sound pretty fun when you just want to relax and enjoy some games.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, this is the best idea I've heard for a new gametype in a while. The game really needs something new at this point. The gametypes that it has are good, but are getting dried out.
    `````````` ____________`````````````
    __________(__||__]__||__)___________
    |--------------.===.-.~,~~:____:__/||\__|================[_]=
    |_||||______/___/_/```'|___|/

Sniped by: D1rty R3dn3ck