MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MorticianUK

Default What's the new update for?

Just put in Gears and said there is an update, I'd just like to know what it's for.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I noticed the same thing, I'm just as curious. Anyone?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hickeroar

There's a couple other threads around here covering it. There's been no "official" word about what it's for, but one user said modders on some forums were griping because their cheats no longer worked. That sounds the most plausable to me because no one here has been able to come up with any noticable changes.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Ah ok thanks. I just had a quick glance on this page for anything remotely to do with a new update and saw nothing.

MSgt. Shooter Person

When I used to play SOCOM II there used to be just random days when you'd pop in the disc and go online and it'd say there was a patch. Everyone scratches their heads for a couple hours and realize it really wasn't anything that significant.

Although if this patch actually did do something to maybe prevent a little modding, that would be pretty cool of Epic.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Exepwn View Post
    When I used to play SOCOM II there used to be just random days when you'd pop in the disc and go online and it'd say there was a patch. Everyone scratches their heads for a couple hours and realize it really wasn't anything that significant.

Although if this patch actually did do something to maybe prevent a little modding, that would be pretty cool of Epic.
    Indeed it would. If I had to put money down, that's what I'd bet on. It makes the most sense to me anyway. That said...no one has any concrete idea of what has changed.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

MSgt. Shooter Person

I think the patch might have just included some sort of language support or support for some sort of hardware that may not be native to United States XBOX 360s, seeing the game was recently released in Japan. This is completely speculation, though. I've seen game developers do this before.

Administrator

Exepwn is pretty smart.

It is a minor compatibility update. No gameplay or functionality changes at this time.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lancer Meat

Ah right, see all you shotty guys! Its not you're guns that are lettin you down, its YOU! lol!

Mr Rein, any news on other developments for the game to share with us dedicated GoW folks? (pushing luck)
    after playing for over 5 hours on public MP matches, im actually starting to get annoyed at how poor the Gears 2 MP really is.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

If I ever end up in an Asian room I'll scream rape! Bad enough UK to US. *cough* region filter *cough* :P

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Exepwn View Post

ahhhhhhh man i remember the SOCOM 2 days, they were the best and worst times in my online game career. SOCOM 2 was the gretest you would all have a blast playing it.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lol Cheese

I just posted the link to this thread to the xbox forums 15 mins ago. It stopped all the retarded threads about the shotgun/lag whiners at least for now
    Last edited by Lol Cheese; 01-22-2007 at 07:46 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rein View Post
    Exepwn is pretty smart.

It is a minor compatibility update. No gameplay or functionality changes at this time.

wonderful, now my gears of war doesn't work on xboxlive for some reason. i keep getting "this disk is unreadable"

its the only game that does it. F'ing NICe

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lol Cheese

I think epic should just realese a patch that doesnt do anything. A placebo. Then some people will say things got better and some will post 87 page threads saying how the patch ruined thier lives. then after a week or so Epic says: srry guys the patch didnt do anything you guys got pwnt then some go ha ha ha ha. and some cry and moan. XD That will show everyones true colors. Ya i know blah blah blah that will never happen. But it be pretty funny if it did.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lancer Meat

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    wonderful, now my gears of war doesn't work on xboxlive for some reason. i keep getting "this disk is unreadable"

its the only game that does it. F'ing NICe
    clean the disc it'll work then. its suprising the amount of crap that gets on it. mine ws hammered and i gave it a clean! sorted it!
    after playing for over 5 hours on public MP matches, im actually starting to get annoyed at how poor the Gears 2 MP really is.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: wickedsteve

Quote Originally Posted by Lol Cheese View Post
    I think epic should just realese a patch that doesnt do anything. A placebo. Then some people will say things got better and some will post 87 page threads saying how the patch ruined thier lives. then after a week or so Epic says: srry guys the patch didnt do anything you guys got pwnt then some go ha ha ha ha. and some cry and moan. XD That will show everyones true colors. Ya i know blah blah blah that will never happen. But it be pretty funny if it did.
    From what I read, that is what just happened since there were no gameplay or functionality changes with todays patch.
    I serve too many masters.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I thought it stopped the roadie run glitch. I was playing co op with a friend last night and you can't do the roll>chainsaw cancel dive. Then went onto MP and you can ČČ

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rein View Post
    Exepwn is pretty smart.

BUT MY SHOTGUN SUCKS NOW!!!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ