Banned

Default Friends Sitting in Room and Me. (Many more to come)

Where to start? First of all, Epic congratulations on almost getting securing game of the year, but... not. Absolutely ruining with this 'great patch' how in the **** do you look at this patch and consider it a good idea? Oh GOD FORBID we play with a team we know, I mean its not like this is a squad based tactical shooter, which by the way tactical squads know each other in REAL WAR. Considering your pushing that angle so god damn much, yeah lets not copy Halo at all. The most successful Xbox live game of all time, yeah why would you take anything from that game? Just try and make your own ****ty match-making. Your so worried about boosting, why not make it so you invite friends and they are forced to be on the person who invited them's team. Damn, thats so ****ing complicated isn't it? This patch was an AWFUL idea, making it so you can't see the host's name? Great idea, so I can get matched up with some French guy in ****ing france and have my shots delayed two seconds, yeah thats great tactics for the French guy. The only way to play games now is to host games, and I'm sorry but I like playing off my own host, I like knowing that I'm not on host's team so I can rape him even harder, yes RAPE. And to be honest I don't give a **** if you ban me, this is my Gamertag too if you want to ban me from playing your lame ass matchmaking because I don't plan on ever touching this 60 dollar paper weight again. And what the **** is team stacking? You people on this forum are idiots playing with a team you know is NOT team stacking, how the **** is that cheating? You show me where in the Xbox live terms of service it says that playing with people you know is cheating? I thought that was the point of Xbox live? Guess I was wrong huh? Why do I even have a friends list? Oh look my friend is playing Warzone on Canals, be nice if I could join him huh? And I don't mean in a player match where I can get booted for grabbing hosts ****ing snipe or boomshot. The only thing you did halfway decent was make it so you can't boot from a ranked game. Wow, this game is worthless to me now. Can't wait for Halo 3. You had a nice 2 1/2 month run, nice job flushing it down the toilet. I think I'm gonna go play Halo now, where I will probably get cheated, you know actually CHEATED, but at least me and my friends can get cheated together! You know in a PARTY.. yeah take one of the best games out now and just make it ****, great job Epic. Wow Microsoft leaves you alone for 10 minutes and you ruin the god damn game, 'oh we have to use true skill'.. yeah Battlefield does it just fine, you can go and join your friends game, who you know is the same rank as you. What a ****ing concept. Oh that's something simple you could've put in as well, and easy way to tell what your rank is, instead of having to check the leader boards after every match. Now whenever we think of something gay in any matchmaking system in an online game, instead of calling it a bungie.. we can just say 'Wow, that was Epic.' Ha, Pun. Again, can't wait for Halo 3, this game is a WASTE. I don't know about all of you, but when I go in a game against a team that's obviously together, we're alot more inspired to whip their ass because they think they are so god damn good. Now for the part that you really ****ed up on, taking out cameras. Sure it was stupid when people went into private chat and called out where everyone is, but now there's now labels for the new people that play the game to call it. So now I have a bunch of jackasses running around trying to find me down in 'Fireplace side' on Mansion, if we have to play with random people, at least put in cameras. Tons of people make Xbox Live accounts specifically for Halo to make friends and play with them again and again. But now, if I send a friend request to someone, how am I supposed to play with them again anyways? Oh yay player match, yeah.. that's not a waste of my time at all. Cause I want this guy who worked good on my team to play in a ****ing player match where it doesn't matter anymore. And one last time, for good measure, can't wait for HALO.... 3. A trilogy worth a damn. Good luck winning people back Epic, you're gonna need it.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jymtarrr

Did the patch get rid of paragraphs?
    http://my.livecard.net/24749/jymtarrr.png
    What Would Jymtarr Do? (the answer is stomp heads)
    Gears of War Master
    - Conquered Insane while controlling both Marcus and Dom - 70/30 COG TAGS - 40,000/1000 Achievement Points - Won 15 ranked matches in a row only using my mind.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: L Vince Vega L

You see where I'm going?
    Oh crap, I just shot Marvin in the face.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Vega View Post

You see where I'm going?
    I hope he fixes it, looks like he's got a well thought out and intelligent post.
    Gears of War Master
    - Conquered Insane while controlling both Marcus and Dom - 70/30 COG TAGS - 40,000/1000 Achievement Points - Won 15 ranked matches in a row only using my mind.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Cheehwawa

I owned some German guys in ranked matches...on THEIR host.

They kept saying "Shiza" when we killed them...heh.

Banned

yea i didnt read it. It was too long and it had too many ****s they arent goin to take people seriously if they curse and get angry. this is wat gets people banned

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MuRfman11

Thats for sure. But i do know wat he is talking about it is really getting anoying. And by the way im gettin pissed about the number of threads. Like i meen i get on i look at it and its just a waste please keep it to on ethread.

Banned

Default Edited

Where to start? First of all, Epic congratulations on almost getting securing game of the year, but... not. Absolutely ruining with this 'great patch' how in the hell do you look at this patch and consider it a good idea? Oh GOD FORBID we play with a team we know, I mean its not like this is a squad based tactical shooter, which by the way tactical squads know each other in REAL WAR. Considering your pushing that angle so god damn much, yeah lets not copy Halo at all. The most successful Xbox live game of all time, yeah why would you take anything from that game? Just try and make your own crappy match-making. Your so worried about boosting, why not make it so you invite friends and they are forced to be on the person who invited them's team. Damn, thats so complicated isn't it? This patch was an AWFUL idea, making it so you can't see the host's name? Great idea, so I can get matched up with some French guy in france and have my shots delayed two seconds, yeah thats great tactics for the French guy.

The only way to play games now is to host games, and I'm sorry but I like playing off my own host, I like knowing that I'm not on host's team so I can rape him even harder, yes RAPE. And to be honest I don't give a damn if you ban me, this is my Gamertag too if you want to ban me from playing your lame ass matchmaking because I don't plan on ever touching this 60 dollar paper weight again. And what the hell is team stacking? You people on this forum are idiots playing with a team you know is NOT team stacking, how the hell is that cheating? You show me where in the Xbox live terms of service it says that playing with people you know is cheating? I thought that was the point of Xbox live? Guess I was wrong huh? Why do I even have a friends list? Oh look my friend is playing Warzone on Canals, be nice if I could join him huh? And I don't mean in a player match where I can get booted for grabbing hosts snipe or boomshot. The only thing you did halfway decent was make it so you can't boot from a ranked game. Wow, this game is worthless to me now. Can't wait for Halo 3. You had a nice 2 1/2 month run, nice job flushing it down the toilet. I think I'm gonna go play Halo now, where I will probably get cheated, you know actually CHEATED, but at least me and my friends can get cheated together! You know in a PARTY.. yeah take one of the best games out now and just make it crap, great job Epic.

Wow Microsoft leaves you alone for 10 minutes and you ruin the god damn game, 'oh we have to use true skill'.. yeah Battlefield does it just fine, you can go and join your friends game, who you know is the same rank as you. What a concept. Oh that's something simple you could've put in as well, and easy way to tell what your rank is, instead of having to check the leader boards after every match. Now whenever we think of something gay in any matchmaking system in an online game, instead of calling it a bungie.. we can just say 'Wow, that was Epic.' Ha, Pun. Again, can't wait for Halo 3, this game is a WASTE. I don't know about all of you, but when I go in a game against a team that's obviously together, we're alot more inspired to whip their ass because they think they are so god damn good. Now for the part that you really screwed up on, taking out cameras. Sure it was stupid when people went into private chat and called out where everyone is, but now there's now labels for the new people that play the game to call it. So now I have a bunch of jackasses running around trying to find me down in 'Fireplace side' on Mansion, if we have to play with random people, at least put in cameras. Tons of people make Xbox Live accounts specifically for Halo to make friends and play with them again and again. But now, if I send a friend request to someone, how am I supposed to play with them again anyways? Oh yay player match, yeah.. that's not a waste of my time at all. Cause I want this guy who worked good on my team to play in a player match where it doesn't matter anymore. And one last time, for good measure, can't wait for HALO.... 3. A trilogy worth a damn. Good luck winning people back Epic, you're gonna need it.

And I'm sorry for the bad grammar, I didn't know I was being critiqued on my Enligsh skills. Glad we have a bunch of English professors in this forum, just be glad I even edited it, it's more than Epic would ever do, listen to criticism, Ha. Whatta joke, just like this matchmaking.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

I've been on internet forums for a long time, and I've never seen someone actually fix their post....I gotta give props for that.
    Gears of War Master

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ThE Hek7iC

This is a tactical shooter, if you want to play with friends then stick to player matches. if you want to get your rank up stick to ranked matches. i think its kinda funny how its always the self absorbed pricks that complain that never get there way. also, the fact that you compare it to halo must mean its a good game otherwise no one would compare the 2 so much. mabye if you wouldnt curse so much people would take you seriously

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pwning j00z

Whatta joke? That's the first time I've ever seen someone make a word/2 words longer rather than shorter.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Astroplain

^ I feel ya, neither have I.

Anyways, you put up a good fight, Fury, but this is honestly gonna get you nowhere. Try making an internet petition or something, that'll go farther than a profanity filled post. IMO, anyways.
    Favorite Character: Carmine
    ---------------------------------
    Favorite Weapon: Long Shot
    ---------------------------------
    Favorite Map: Canals
    ------------------------

<-- On clan Clover (We get lucky alot...)

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MYSTERY O

now fix the repetition lol i kid, i kid

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zoso Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jymtarr View Post
    I hope he fixes it, looks like he's got a well thought out and intelligent post.
    I thought so too, until i read it

1. Player matches

2. Trueskill ranking system Policy by Microsoft.
    www.GEARHEADSOFWAR.com

The way GEARS was meant to be played... with gearheads.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Jymtarr View Post
    I've been on internet forums for a long time, and I've never seen someone actually fix their post....I gotta give props for that.
    And he did it without flaming the others who were poking fun at him. No GTFO, STFU or any of the other really annoying childish things done on forums.

I say his point lends itself well to a party system where there can be pre-made groups join a match. I like his thoughts- lets see how Epic handles the issues presented by this patch. I am willing to give them time. I will never get my money back and I like the game enough that I would never return it. So lets give Epic our support and faith and see if they can live up to their ability to make a great game better. Or gooder as we say in Hawaii.

Banned

Oh and yeah this patch, didn't fix anything glitches. Roadie run glitches, getting out of map glitches, other things that ruin ranked games. I'm sorry but almost every glitch revolves around the Lancer. It's too glitchy, they fixed nothing in this patch other than a few minors things, still glitches everywhere, it's rediculous, I'm glad Epic cares so much about their consumers.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by FuRy v1 View Post
    You show me where in the Xbox live terms of service it says that playing with people you know is cheating? I thought that was the point of Xbox live? Guess I was wrong huh?

Wow Microsoft leaves you alone for 10 minutes and you ruin the god damn game, 'oh we have to use true skill.

First of all, it says right in the terms of service that you are not allowed to play with friends in RANKED matches. If you want to play with friends use PLAYER matches.

And would you rather they not use true skill and end up not having this game online at all??

Well I have been reading alot of these posts lately and have been choosing to remain silent on the issue but I feel the need to make a couple points here.

Alot of people have been complaining about the fact that they can no longer play with friends in ranked matches and alot respond by saying "go play player matches then". Well since alot of you compare this game to Halo 2 lets use that game here in this point. Much like Halo 2 player matches on GoW is like Team Training on Halo 2. The atmosphere is that of a learning, fun, and not an overly competetive experience. At this point many have become skilled at the multiplayer aspect of this game and are no longer too interested in pursuing that route and would rather take their skills now to the ranked matches.

I for one do not see ANY problem with someone getting 3 other friends together on a team to play ranked matches. These are people who have skilled themselves at this game a continue to do so together. For thos who complain about this nothing stops you from doing the same. I for one enjoy playing with friends on a team and sometimes as well find that at times nobody is available on my friends list to make a team and thus go it alone in some ranked matches or even player matches. There WILL be times when you will unfortunately be teamed with someone who does not have a mic, does not speak the same language or is of lesser skill then you but you do your best with what you are given at times. Remeber this though for those who complain that they hate playing without their team and get stuck with "Noobs" ( which by the way is a term that is WAY over used at this point), even though you may be skilled there is always someone else out there who may get stuck with you on their team and they will be a far more skilled player with you. some people need to get off their soap boxes before they fall and hurt themselves.

for those people who do support the idea of playing with their friends in ranked matches do us all a favour a STOP whining and saying you are NEVER gonna play this game again because of what the patch has done. GROW UP and accept what has been done thus far, through the rational mature feedback you can offer to Epic without the childish ranting eventually im sure they will patch the game again with the idea of a team based option. its not like this patch is the be all and end all of what the future of this game has.

This game is still new, has room to grow and this is only the FIRST patch of im sure others to come for this game. Much like Halo 2 (unfortunately back to that comparrison) which had many changes during its time, some good and some bad, this game will go through the same.

So here it is people. Nothing wrong with teaming in ranked matches and if you are playing alone with out friends on a team and are getting your butts handed to you quit complaining and look at it as a learning experience to get better at the game. Face it, someone is always gonna be better than you and you are always gonna be better than someone else. As for player matches lets just accept it for what it is, TRAINING and less competetive gaming for those who just wanna have some fun.

Oh and for c8010 I'm gonna go back to that Halo 2 reference in that obviously its alright to play ranked matches with friends because Halo 2 allowed user to for a party and play both training (unranked) and such games as team snipers, team SWAT, team assault which were all ranked game options.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Battlebuds

learn to type in a manner that doesnt make peoples eyes bleed please.

Perhaps you would prefer I resorted to single sentence juvenile insults like yourself......hhhmmmmmm......perhaps something this might suit your fancy

"I bet you my dad can beat up your dad"

How ****ing dumb are you kids he totally explained why playing player matches with your friends is stupid, first of all you get kids who quit in and out of it constantly, you cant get a competive match considering only new players play playermatch ****ing read his post your dumb as rocks

Banned

This post is getting locked as soon as a mod sees it. This player is advocating cheating and even admitted to it. Epic considers friends in ranked cheating therefore it is. The reason beeing that it creates an UNFAIR advantage to the joining team to which they have no recourse. If they could allso bring friends then this would be totally fair however as it stands now they cannot. If you want to play with friends then do so in player matches or wait until the inevitable party system is patched into this game. Rank in this game is hours played NOT skill so really except for the achievments there is no diffrence between the 2 except you can invite and it cycles maps.

Deity of doom your probally the dumbest kid, did you not read through the post and see why people are complaing about nto playing player matchs? stop being such a girl
    whats the difference of having 3 good randoms join you or playing with your friends? whats the fun of playing player matchs when most of the players on their are learning how to play and quit every other round. by the way i think fury's post was the best ive ever seen and really funny i agree with you 110% buddy