MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: wickedsteve

Default How do I un-patch my GoW?

I want to play Gears the way it was before the update and "fixes". Can it be done?
    I serve too many masters.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ecribit

no u can't it's there to stay
    i'm going to live forever or die Trying!!!!

this is 1337

dont click this. but you know you want to.

MSgt. Shooter Person

You want to clear the HDD's cache: To perform the function, access 'memory' in the system blade, and then highlight the hard drive. Now press: Y, X, X, LB, RB, X, X. The following message should appear: "Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?"

Doing so will remove all game updates as well as clear the system's cache. It will NOT effect your save games, profile, or any other important information, including dash board updates. Once you have completed the function, disconnect from Live and play Gears of War un-patched.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by 10k Fists View Post
    You want to clear the HDD's cache: To perform the function, access 'memory' in the system blade, and then highlight the hard drive. Now press: Y, X, X, LB, RB, X, X. The following message should appear: "Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?"

Doing so will remove all game updates as well as clear the system's cache. It will NOT effect your save games, profile, or any other important information, including dash board updates. Once you have completed the function, disconnect from Live and play Gears of War un-patched.
    Thanks alot for that info. If I just could continue to play coop over live I would certainly do that, but I'm afraid thats not going to work..

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Axe08

take your game out smear peanut butter on your disc tray then close it.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HIS AFFLICTION

Quote Originally Posted by Axe08 View Post
    take your game out smear peanut butter on your disc tray then close it.
    ... Hey I just tried that...it didn't do anything!! but burn my 360 out!! No but really I still haven't gotten my patch!!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BMV rocker

Quote Originally Posted by 10k Fists View Post

lol. that doesn't work. you have to be in the middle of an xbox live game and take out the harddrive, wrap it in tin foil, and first put it in your microwave, then take it out after 3 mins of microwaving, and put it in your freezer overnight. this should wipe your harddrive of updates for all games.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by TBS rocker View Post
    lol. that doesn't work. you have to be in the middle of an xbox live game and take out the harddrive, wrap it in tin foil, and first put it in your microwave, then take it out after 3 mins of microwaving, and put it in your freezer overnight. this should wipe your harddrive of updates for all games.
    No, actually, my method does work, and wasn't some useless attempt at humor.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MorticianUK

The people without updates think yourselves lucky. The game cuts out mid match all the time, it's unplayable :@

I don't think it's gonna let you boot the game without the update.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by markofshame View Post
    I don't think it's gonna let you boot the game without the update.
    If you aren't connected to Xbox Live, then you can play without being patched.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tedakin

You probably can't play the game at all unless you download the patch. IT's Epic's game, they can do what they want with it. You'll notice the first screen when you turn on the game says "Game Experience may change during online play" Well..?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Tedakin View Post
    You probably can't play the game at all unless you download the patch. IT's Epic's game, they can do what they want with it. You'll notice the first screen when you turn on the game says "Game Experience may change during online play" Well..?
    That's refering to the ESRB rating.