MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Goffskullz

Default your advertisments have broke me....

ok, i dont know what it is, your advertising campaigns must have finally made me crack and i actually think i am going to get a 360. just need to ask 2 questions, is gears of war seriously worth buying a console for, i mean, i am sure i will get SOME other games, but most of the franchises on xbox couldnt intrest me less. and second, would like a moderator/admisistrator to answer this if possible, is it worth holding out for a PC version of the game, regardless of time untill it comes out, because i would really do anything to avoid getting a next-get console. and please, dont let the fact that if you say "there is no pc version in the works" means i will get a 360 make you answer biasly, i would like to know if it is AT ALL possible. one more thing, i dont want this thread turning into a thread where people are constantly fighting weather it would even work on a pc, and that pc's arent powerfull enough and all that crap.

Yeah, just remeber how hard M$ arqued that Halo wasn't coming to PC...

And this time the engine is multiplatform so the conversion should be much higher quality...

I quess personally I'd need more than one title to justify a whole console, that's why I keep telling myself that Halo 3 is coming Seriously, Rainbow 6 Vegas should be good time killer once GoW gets boring...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

ya, true, although i read somewhere that microsoft said that they would be fine with a PC gow, and i have pretty much found that everything microsoft says is a lie, so im not so sure.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sharpfish

No I wouldn't justify (seriously) buying a console for a single game (any game) but a combination. In my case it was knowing that Gears, Dead Rising and RE5 (+ bioshock, Alan Wake etc) were all coming out in "the future" and that PGR3 was available at the time. I bought it with PGR3 but I wouldn't have bought it JUST for PGR3.

In all honestly I don't think it's a life changing experience buying a 360 + gears so it would be misleading of anyone to tell you how to spend your money.

However, if I wanted to buy a console and took into account the games availble now, the quality of graphics, the great acheivements system and the games coming in the near future then the 360 would be my #1 choice (and it was) and this is from a DS/Cube and heavy PC gamer.

You really should try gears out instore somewhere before buying but if you also like the look of future games then picking a 360 + Gears right now is a no-brainer, it's good value and it's about the best "next gen" experience you can get right now.

Oh and as I said I am am heavy PC gamer too (had all the unreals etc) and for FPS I would prefer on the PC but Gears isn't an FPS and it works amazingly well with the Xbox 360 controller. In fact I wouldn't even LIKE to play gears on a pc (unless hooked up to a 360 controller) and even then you loose the achievements, HDTV in lounge situation (unless you rig your PC up that way). I mean, for the price (less than a decent graphics card) you get a 360. I'm not sure why you have an aversion to consoles, I've owned all sorts of computers (and consoles) over the years and I go where the good games are not be biased against certain types. Atari VCS was good in it's day, then I prefereed the ZX spectrum, then the Amiga, then the Snes, then the PS1 etc... I don't regret any of them and I am not one to hold out on good games in case one day they may be ported to the PC which I will always have for other stuff anyway.
    Last edited by Sharpfish; 12-02-2006 at 11:43 AM.
    >> MY MAPS << UT3: None! UT2k4: DM-MindGames2 UT2k3: FestiveWorlds, Mindgames, SharpfishPark, Starfall, Tropica][, FestiveRidge UT99: DM-Resistor, DM-Capacitor, CTF-Afinity, DM-EvilTavern, DM-8ballHero Unreal 98: A few...

Download Games Spacehotel

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: s3r1ou5 n00b

If you need more than one title for the xbox you could also get Call Of Duty 2 and Call of Duty 3 which is with vehicles too and more like Battlefield2 ...

There are more than just a few titles which are quite fun and addictive ...

So yes, get one :P

(not to forget all the other qualities such as media center extender etc. etc. etc.)

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jymtarrr

It will probably end up on PC at some point in the future, but I'd say it will be around when the GoW2 hype reaches it's peak, or somewhere soon after. basically, they're going to get all of the money they can from the xbox market before opening it up to you guys. This is Microsoft's killer app, the entire reason they paid so much money to have this game exclusive is so people would buy their console for this game, so Microsoft is going to have to be content with that whole aspect of it before you can even think about seeing a PC version.

As far as buying an xbox 360 solely for Gears, it might be worth it, but it wouldn't be wise, why limit yourself, the Xbox 360 has the largest next gen library, there are a host of entertaining titles, Oblivion, Dead Rising, Fight Night, a couple of NFS games, CoD II & III, and there are just the titles I'd label exceptionally fun, you've still got the niche titles, and the entire Xbox live Arcade to explore. On top of that we've got Halo 3, and RE5, and GTA coming to the system in the future. The Xbox 360 is a very entertaining machine, with a lot of aspects, limiting yourself to the GoW experience (while it is pretty amazing) is a bad call, the 360 has a lot more to offer.
    http://my.livecard.net/24749/jymtarrr.png
    What Would Jymtarr Do? (the answer is stomp heads)
    Gears of War Master
    - Conquered Insane while controlling both Marcus and Dom - 70/30 COG TAGS - 40,000/1000 Achievement Points - Won 15 ranked matches in a row only using my mind.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KoaBD ARiZoNaS

Just buy a 360 for gears but be sure to buy atleast 2 other games and some Xbox live Arcade games. Like.... FROGGER! FUNNEST GAME EVER!!
    Sorry.
    I miss UC2 I'm in love with it and want UC3.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

ya, dont get me wrong, if i get a 360, i will get games for it other than gears, its just, i cant really justify buying consoles anymore, gears of war is just bringing the 360 so close to justifyable. i mean, im sure the 360 is good its just, when i buy consoles, i only buy like 10 games for them. and, like i said, i dont even want any games for the 360 exept gow, well, and oblivion....but i already have oblivion for the pc, in fact, i mod oblivion, one of the reasons i wish that gow comes out on the PC. and if i get the 360 and gow and comes out for the pc i will get it on the pc, and then stab my eyes out because i spend 400 bucks to play a game want on the PC more anyway.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jymtarrr

Quote Originally Posted by goffskullz View Post
    ya, dont get me wrong, if i get a 360, i will get games for it other than gears, its just, i cant really justify buying consoles anymore, gears of war is just bringing the 360 so close to justifyable. i mean, im sure the 360 is good its just, when i buy consoles, i only buy like 10 games for them. and, like i said, i dont even want any games for the 360 exept gow, well, and oblivion....but i already have oblivion for the pc, in fact, i mod oblivion, one of the reasons i wish that gow comes out on the PC. and if i get the 360 and gow and comes out for the pc i will get it on the pc, and then stab my eyes out because i spend 400 bucks to play a game want on the PC more anyway.
    Rent games. You're a PC gamer so that's probably not in the forefront of your mind. Get an online gaming rental service, there are a lot out there, Blockbuster even has one, and rent games. it's so much cheaper than buying a game and for a lot of the mediocre titles on the 360, a rental is all you need for 8-10 hours of entertainment, and then you can just take it back to the store. If money is an issue, rent. There are quite a few games that are solid 2 player fun for you and a friend but not something you'd want to own.
    http://my.livecard.net/24749/jymtarrr.png
    What Would Jymtarr Do? (the answer is stomp heads)
    Gears of War Master
    - Conquered Insane while controlling both Marcus and Dom - 70/30 COG TAGS - 40,000/1000 Achievement Points - Won 15 ranked matches in a row only using my mind.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leo Z J

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpfish View Post
    No I wouldn't justify (seriously) buying a console for a single game (any game) but a combination. In my case it was knowing that Gears, Dead Rising and RE5 (+ bioshock, Alan Wake etc) were all coming out in "the future" and that PGR3 was available at the time. I bought it with PGR3 but I wouldn't have bought it JUST for PGR3.
    What he said.

Made the misstake of buying a Dreamcast just for Phantasy star online. Sure there were alot of other great games on that system, just none that I actually wanted to play.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sir urza

Quote Originally Posted by goffskullz View Post
    ok, i dont know what it is, your advertising campaigns must have finally made me crack and i actually think i am going to get a 360. just need to ask 2 questions, is gears of war seriously worth buying a console for, i mean, i am sure i will get SOME other games, but most of the franchises on xbox couldnt intrest me less.
    Well then what franchise does interest you because as of right now, Final Fantasy is the only major one left that's Sony only.

and second, would like a moderator/admisistrator to answer this if possible, is it worth holding out for a PC version of the game BLAH BLAH BLAH....
    You're not going to get an answer.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: s3r1ou5 n00b

Quote Originally Posted by Urza View Post
    You're not going to get an answer.
    Christ, I don't know how often mods and officials already said that this is xbox exclusive for now .... Its like when people asking every week when UT2007 is being released ..

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sir urza

Quote Originally Posted by utw-Mephisto View Post
    Christ, I don't know how often mods and officials already said that this is xbox exclusive for now .... Its like when people asking every week when UT2007 is being released ..
    I'm more interested in bothering them about when they're gonna admit to UT07 being available on the 360 too. :P

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tower56

I got the console for Oblivion before i even knew about Gears. Oblivion and Halo 3. but now i honestly think that gears is better than Halo 2 and oblivion combined
    When the sh*t hits the fan you can trust Dom will be upstairs taking cover on a wall.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: porschephiliac

Quote Originally Posted by gow56 View Post
    I got the console for Oblivion before i even knew about Gears. Oblivion and Halo 3. but now i honestly think that gears is better than Halo 2 and oblivion combined
    How can you say that if you've never even played Gears...

I mean, I agree, but how do you know? Are you assuming it is?

Support the Pendulum Wars DLC! Click Here!

360Voice.com Community Expert

US Army Retired

____,....--!--,,----.....,,,,I_
    l l'--"'_; c>>
    O===;!!!!!!!!!!!\====
    `` /_/-';l /__/
    ;>;>;>;>;>;>;^

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tower56

Quote Originally Posted by porschephiliac View Post
    How can you say that if you've never even played Gears...

I mean, I agree, but how do you know? Are you assuming it is?
    you misunderstood me. I got it for oblivion as a game back in September, before i had even heard of the game gears of war. but in november i got it, and now i htink its better than any of the games for xbox and xbox 360
    When the sh*t hits the fan you can trust Dom will be upstairs taking cover on a wall.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoreyDB

I bought the 360 ON Emergence Day just for GoW! Although knowing the release of Halo 3 was looming in helped sell it also haha! Well worth it!

MSgt. Shooter Person

I got the xbox 360 for GOW. Although i didn't have luck with the crashBOx and returned it since it was shoody quality.

And Vista isn't looking too interesting for HC gamers. I mean new Vista per motherboard?? That's like buying new Vista every year. Plus the about only interesting title on PC right now is Crysis. So I'm moving towards console gaming on purpose... And I save alot of $$ when I dont have to upgrade my PC...
    There's always the truth ... And there's always those who will not hear it.