MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Charlie Da Tuna

Default What happened to Act 4 and 5?

The game was so freaking amazing until Act 4 and 5. It was almost as if they got tired of it and just stopped trying. The game overall is still amazing, I was just expecting a big finish, not a 30 minutes 'what the hell is going on'.

Banned

yeah right.

What do you mean Charlie??

I found the pacing incredible through Act 4 and into Act 5. I played them both through without stopping because it was so frenetic. What about 4 and 5 did you not like?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

The story line seemed almost non existant through 4 and 5. I wass really into the story during 1,2, and 3 but i got quickly lost in 4 and 5. It seemed like they rushed it a bit. Act 5 was the worst i thought. There wasn't any variety in the level. It was just clear one car after another and then shoot RAAM in the face. Don't get me wrong, this is the best game I have ever played, I just thought 4 and 5 seemed rushed.
    Shut Up and Play.
    My Stats

I agree with you. Act 4 and 5 were rushed but I think the key here is that they were meant to be that way. IF this were a novel, both acts would take place in the last quarter of the book. Act 4 is the desparate race to find a way to defeat the locust and Act 5 is what you have to do once you learn their weakness. By using the pacing to drive you forward and forward they build tension. If they stopped to give you more back information or character development they would lose that tension, so I think Epic did the right thing. Rachet the tension up higher and higher and drive you on faster and faster!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

True, I guess I was too caught up in the game to stop and think about what was going on. I just went back and played both levels on hardcore and slowed myself down a bit and was able to figure out the story. It is the first game that I found myself jumping up in anger when I died.
    Shut Up and Play.
    My Stats

Banned

huh i shot raam like a 200000 times in his face and ass or whatever
    still couldnt kill him??

how why ??? pleae tip

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: istillduno

try making an explosion near him with grenades or torque bow THEN shoot him
    The netcode is what is broken, not the chainsaw, in a good connection you can stun a chainsaw with bullets or melee him just fine.
    Also the shotgun still blows... People to pieces, learn to use it instead of whining about the old one.
    Wasn't one of the reasons the 360 was called the 360 that it was meant to give you more choice while gaming?
    In that case why do devs keep taking it away with horrible matchmakeing systems?

MSgt. Shooter Person

act 4 rocked, it was a really cool part of the game, and act 5....that train... how friggin epic! brilliant stuff IMO. i can see what you are getting at, but i personally really liked them

oh and ALIAS, dont worry .. im trying to kill him on insane....trying is definately a key word! he is one tough mofo!
    The Locust be comin'!

Time to get mah boomshtik!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I was able to Kill RAAM on insane on single player really easy. I lucked out because Dom died right in front of RAAM, because of this RAAM was stuck, and everytime the Kryll would return to him, he would snd them out. I ws able to time it really easy and after like 10 headshots and a few rounds of the lancer he died. Otherwise if you are having trouble, alternate torque bow and sniper shots. Getting a head shot with a torque bow is really powerfull.

And I am assuming that you know that you can't even do damage while he is surrounded by Kryll. Hope that helps
    Shut Up and Play.
    My Stats

MSgt. Shooter Person

cool, thanks much man, that SOB's going down!!!!!
    The Locust be comin'!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JMR Bryant

act 5 was wayyyyyy too short.just a closeout cocktease
    Man where the hell am I?

MSgt. Shooter Person

perhaps, but there was not really anywhere to go from there. i mean i rather they did what they did, than drag out act 5 for another 4 chapters. besides, that ending was awesome
    The Locust be comin'!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I will give them credit, the very last chapter vs RAAM is amazing, but the clearing of the cars is kinda repetitive.
    Shut Up and Play.
    My Stats

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tedakin

I agree Act 5 is very very short. On Casual mode you can beat it in 20 minutes. But Act 4 is amazing, and very long and deep.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Madfish

*SPOILERS*

Act 4 should have ended timed, with Anya radioing you that you HAVE to get that train, it has the light mass bomb on it - you need to get Jacks data there.

That's all it would have taken to have removed the confusion at the start of Act 5 when Anya says "The bomb is at the front of the train". You're like WHAT BOMB? (Or I was anyway)
    =======================
    Gear Since 1973

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Exactly. After beating it on all difficulties, I figured out the story, but it was a very confusing transition.
    Shut Up and Play.
    My Stats

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: thephantom13

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Da Tuna View Post
    I will give them credit, the very last chapter vs RAAM is amazing, but the clearing of the cars is kinda repetitive.
    Well it is on a train . . . so there isn't much more to do than try and clear cars. Though I think it might have been cool to put the bit with the berserker somewhere in the middle of the train rather than at the beginning of the train. But like I said you are on a train for Act 5, there isn't a whole lot you can do on a train when you're making a shooter game.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: P0lyPrissyPants

defeating RAAM takes more than just shooting him in the face......if you play on anything more than Casual.
    DIE! DIE FOR PAPA!-Carmine

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Not really, my friend and I beat him on insane by alternating torque bow shots to the head and longshot hits to the head. after like 15 of those he died.
    Shut Up and Play.
    My Stats

Banned
    Landed on Sera, finding refuge in abanded imulsion refinerys
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: rudespartan117

yeah but try that with NO co-op partner.

anyways when you finally get on the train look aroung you at the landscape. i think the graphics engine did its best there

MSgt. Shooter Person

i enjoied it on solo, more than co-op. made me feel like bond! only with a chainsaw....now theres a good idea for the next movie!...................
    The Locust be comin'!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tower56

Quote Originally Posted by L337 Lemming View Post
    i enjoied it on solo, more than co-op. made me feel like bond! only with a chainsaw....now theres a good idea for the next movie!...................
    Chainsaw Royale: 007 goes crazy on a train.

After the crap the 007 franchise has beenm putting out i wouldn't be suprised.

I thought fighting RAAM was a bit cheesy but overall still the best game on 360 EVER.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ira Celer Dei

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Da Tuna View Post
    I was able to Kill RAAM on insane on single player really easy. I lucked out because Dom died right in front of RAAM, because of this RAAM was stuck, and everytime the Kryll would return to him, he would snd them out. I ws able to time it really easy and after like 10 headshots and a few rounds of the lancer he died. Otherwise if you are having trouble, alternate torque bow and sniper shots. Getting a head shot with a torque bow is really powerfull.

And I am assuming that you know that you can't even do damage while he is surrounded by Kryll. Hope that helps
    It took me 3 attempts, but I finally beat RAAM on Insane.. I loved every moment of the Campaign, so I give credit to Epic.
    " Humanity has been backed into a corner ... Although some might say we painted ourselves into this spot.
    If we hadn't fought each other so hard for so long, would we have been better prepared to face the Locust Horde? would the nightmares that boiled out of the ground on Emergence Day have faced a strong, united mankind? ... Or would we all have been killed that day if we hadn't been hardened by decades of conflict ? "

- (Journal entry found on COG GEAR / Morgue Ref No.: 086330-KX)

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Grimwalius

My only real issue with the story is that there's no verbal explanation as to why you get on the train. Basically this is what the player knows around that point:

You got maps of all the locust tunnels from Marcus' father's old lab. This data is vital for the Lightmass bomb to do it's job and deliver the missiles to the right spots. Chapter 4 ends as you escape with the data. Suddenly you find yourself on a trainstation with NO BRIEFING whatsoever!

I started playing this level expecting it to be another segment of urban warfare (my favorite kind), and then Anya says something about a bomb on the train, so I'm guessing I'm just there to stop an attack of some sort. Then Marcus and Dom jumps onto a speeding train and I'm like "Ok, I must have missed something they said prior to this". I worked my way through the chapter and got to the end, thinking that the weapon in front of me was something I had to deactivate to save humanity. Needless to say the ending cinematic was kinda confusing to me at the time.

In my second playthrough I realized there is NO explanation for what you're doing in the game. It is almost as if there is a missing cinematic sequence detailing your mission for chapter 5, because it just fast forwards from escaping the mansion to throwing you in under sniper fire without a mission briefing. There's not even a debriefing on what you accomplished in the mansion.

All that was required for this transition to work would've been a cinematic on a chopper or in an APC with Hoffman or Anya explaining what you and the men were on your way to undertake. I don't care if it wouldn't explain why the lightmass bomb is on a speeding train, I kinda like how haphazardly the player is forced to do certain things like that like "Whoa, guys, you need to get on that train, don't waste a second". Why would Marcus and Dom care about stuff like "hey, why is this train going so damn fast and how come it is full of locust?". They'd do like they do in the game: they just do it as it is their mission. However, since we didn't get to see their mission briefing, this minor confusement turns it into a "What? Why!?" kind of experience.

Default true...

the game story F...ed up. One min you are trying to escape or map the bad guys lair... then all of a sudden they have this bomb thing...???

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XtrmDrumr

What are you talking about?
    Act 4 is my favorite act!
    Especially the first chapter.
    Retating the courtyard and fighting at Marcus's house.
    Kewl
    My chainsaw brings all the Locusts to their graves!
    They're like, man that really hurts!
    Damn right, it really hurts!
    I could shoot you, but Id rather saw!!
    All of this to the Milkshake song beat

Banned
    Landed on Sera, finding refuge in abanded imulsion refinerys
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: rudespartan117

Quote Originally Posted by bexy View Post
    the game story F...ed up. One min you are trying to escape or map the bad guys lair... then all of a sudden they have this bomb thing...???
    no, WE somehow put our only light mass bomb(s) on the train and the locust got on board it. the bomb(s) ours, not theirs