Quote Originally Posted by Artmic View Post
    i hope they bring part 2 in 12-18 months i can't wait
    GOW has only just come out lol

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Visionz08

Quote Originally Posted by DanJW View Post
    GOW has only just come out lol
    lol haha.sadadafsaf Stupid 10characters thing...
    CARMINE FTW!!
    Sin Eaters

We Control 4v4

Mark, cliffy care to shed some light on this?

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I AnNuNaki 23 I

There are no sequels, prequels, or sidequels until Epic says so.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sweet2th

i would rather Epic work on UT2007 and get that shipped before they really do anything else. of course i dont mean they cant do some planning for a sequel/prequel to GoW but UT2007 should absolutely be on the front burner.

oh and no surprise that GoW isnt a stand alone. no good game is set like that these days really. even a crappy game will have things left open for a second or even third game to be made. it is bad business sense to make somethign stand alone really.
    Quote Originally Posted by -=¤willhaven¤=-
    He says "B__ch! Get away from my ride! Owned."

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Breadfan 3

This is all pending on Epic's response... who knows when that will be... but it would be nice to get a press release on this.

Gears Of War: Judgment DLC Checklist -
    - VIP Season Pass [] - Alex Brand [] - Young Marcus [] -
    Young Dom [] - Emergence Era Baird [] - Jungle Tai [] - Anya Stroud [] -
    - Web Skin [] - Big Game Skin [] - Paintball Skin [] - Brisk Skins [X] - Lambent Skin [] - Classic Hammerburst [] -

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I AnNuNaki 23 I

Even if there were more gears episodes to come now would not be the best time to announce it. Next spring maybe or even summer and even then we are far more likely to hear a pc confirmation before a sequel is announced.

Banned

GIAF MASS AURT AIM FORT NAXT VER?!

oh wait, this game is noob allready no need to tone it down

Glad to see more Gears of War content on the way, but I'm more excited about downloads for the existing game. I'm starving for new multiplayer maps. Aside from that, a new game mode would be cool. Maybe objective-based multiplayer, such as capture and hold or the assault gametype from UT.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hyncharas

Oh boy, Microsoft do enjoy dropping the ball don't they

Having said that, I can understand why Epic wanted to keep it quiet. MS seeing the game as a hit following the release of their "Mad World" Trailer was not really the point, it was down to the gamers' opinions whether or not something would happen. I'm glad to see that they were considering it, though.
    "No single army can conquer the galaxy... but Faith alone can overturn the universe" -- Imperial Ecclesiarch Decias IX
    ==================================================
    Community Projects:= SG-VirtualSeries (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)
    Online: = Clan Dragonwolves (9yr Veteran)

Administrator

Gears is a trilogy? If we can keep making quality games that fans obviously love (see announcement) then why would we have to stop at three? I don't see the Metal Gear Solid, Mario, Grand Theft Auto or Final Fantasy series (among others) stopping at three and they're still delivering compelling entertainment content that's easily worth the money (see Unreal Tournament as well). There's definitely, as many of you have pointed out, a lot more to learn about what's really happening on the plant Sera and in the lives of the members of Delta Squad

In the mean time we're working hard to support Gears of War (the first one ) and come up with some great enhancements you'll hopefully see before too long. We're not ready to provide any details yet but I assure you we're on the job.
    Last edited by Mark Rein; 11-21-2006 at 11:14 PM.

I would love to see Hoffman contact Fenix about some new missions (read downloadable COOP maps)
    Edit: Good to hear Mark
    Last edited by Wowbagger; 11-21-2006 at 05:50 PM.

Veteran

Thanks Mark. This is great news.
    Also known as Rask — http://www.ottorask.com/

UT3 Levels: CTF-Austere (MSU P3 5th place)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Hyncharas View Post
    Oh boy, Microsoft do enjoy dropping the ball don't they

Having said that, I can understand why Epic wanted to keep it quiet.
    You never know how well your game is going to be received by the fans and media until it actually goes on sale and reviewers actually get their hand on a finished product. With the kind of hype Gears had going into launch there is always a huge risk of backlash if you don't deliver. We (Epic) tried very hard not to fuel the hype. Hype is created and perpetuated by extreme fan and media interest which was created by great showings of the game in the past. I think we did a commendable job keeping information about the single player game out of the limelight so as not to pour gasoline on the flames already burning. We could have released a lot more information and content than we did but we held back trying to make sure there were things you didn't know about before the game shipped.

If Gears had flopped we certainly wouldn't be thinking about a sequel. So when we said "let's wait and see how the first one does before we commit to a second" we definitely meant it. Likewise the same is true for third or fourth, or seventh or tenth I think we made it clear that this game is part of a bigger story and if this one did well then the story would unfold in another one. In the mean time there are still more things we want to do with this game in terms of downloadable content (see this thread) so stay tuned!
    Last edited by Mark Rein; 11-21-2006 at 11:19 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hyncharas

Oh no Mark I wasn't criticising you...

I know that publishers can get very excited when they finally get to release a new IP, and I'm quite happy that Gears 1 is not going to be a "fire-and-forget" game before we see a sequel. I'm a proud owner of all the UT games and I look forward to what you have in store for this first installment of the franchise.
    "No single army can conquer the galaxy... but Faith alone can overturn the universe" -- Imperial Ecclesiarch Decias IX
    ==================================================
    Community Projects:= SG-VirtualSeries (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)
    Online: = Clan Dragonwolves (9yr Veteran)

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheGhengisClone

Quote Originally Posted by annunaki 23 View Post
    Even if there were more gears episodes to come now would not be the best time to announce it. Next spring maybe or even summer and even then we are far more likely to hear a pc confirmation before a sequel is announced.
    mark already stated that there would be NO PC port.
    http://card.mygamercard.net/gel/Theghengisclone.png

I've killed more people than smallpox...

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Spartan1M1C7

http://www.deltagamer.com/index.php/...ome-a-trilogy/
    I'm so sick of everyone saying until Epic says so I'm not gonna believe they're gonna make another Gears...Thats freaking stupid and everyone knows it..They ARE going to make more Gears games, its all about making money and this game is gonna make more money than almost every other game out there except prolly Halo, so shut the hell up

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rein View Post
    You never know how well your game is going to be received by the fans and media until it actually goes on sale and reviewers actually get their hand on a finished product. With the kind of hype Gears had going into launch there is always a huge risk of backlash if you don't deliver. We (Epic) tried very hard not to fuel the hype. Hype is created and perpetuated by extreme fan and media interest which was created by great showings of the game in the past. I think we did a commendable job keeping information about the single player game out of the limelight so as not to pour gasoline on the flames already burning. We could have released a lot more information and content than we did but we held back trying to make sure there were things you didn't know about before the game shipped. So if Gears had flopped there wouldn't be a Gears 2 so we don't feel there is a need to commit to more titles before we know how the last one did. But we've always said this game is part of a bigger story and if this one did well then the story would unfold in another one. Let's wait and see how the next one does before we start predicting third please! In the mean time there are still more things we want to do with this game so stay tuned!

Mark,

I love the graphics as they are now, and would hope part 2 would come out in the next 12-18 months is this doable? Or would you have work on getting more juice out of the Xbox 360 hardware and improving graphics a lot more before you could do part 2?

I love this game so much, i dont' need any more eye-candy, part 2, with the graphics and gameplay as is would do nicely

I guess we can expect a port of GOW for the PC by next December? 2007? I really hope so, i'd love to see what an update would look like on a dual or quad core CPU with the latest DX10 GPU and windows VISTA. The only bad part about a PC port would be the controler, without the Xbox controler it woudlnt' be as smooth, unless M$ is planning on getting the controler to work for Vista with a driver update? LOL

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1M1C7 View Post
    http://www.deltagamer.com/index.php/...ome-a-trilogy/
    I'm so sick of everyone saying until Epic says so I'm not gonna believe they're gonna make another Gears...Thats freaking stupid and everyone knows it..They ARE going to make more Gears games, its all about making money and this game is gonna make more money than almost every other game out there except prolly Halo, so shut the hell up
    Not only money for Epic, but console sales for Microsoft, the only reason i purchased the Xbox360 a few days ago is because i wanted to play this game.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Brutal07

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rein View Post
    Gears is a trilogy? If we can keep making quality games that fans obviously love (see big announcement coming shortly) then why would we have to stop at three? I don't see the Metal Gear Solid, Mario, Grand Theft Auto or Final Fantasy series (among others) stopping at three and they're still delivering compelling entertainment content that's easily worth the money (see Unreal Tournament as well). There's definitely, as many of you have pointed out, a lot more to learn about what's really happening on the plant Sera and in the lives of the members of Delta Squad

In the mean time we're working hard to support Gears of War (the first one ) and come up with some great enhancements you'll hopefully see before too long. We're not ready to provide any details yet but I assure you we're on the job.
    OMG, cool! thanks for responding to this post. :-)
    I never meant to imply "Only a trilogy"! We are all anxiously awaiting to learn more, and I have no doubt that you have lots of good stuff planned for us gamers! Congratulations on an EXCELLENT game! :-)
    "The poorest of all men is not the man without a cent,
    But the man without a dream" ~ Author Unknown

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Shletten

Quote Originally Posted by Artmic View Post
    Not only money for Epic, but console sales for Microsoft, the only reason i purchased the Xbox360 a few days ago is because i wanted to play this game.
    LOL same for me... But I love my GoW , I wish they work on UT2007 as hard as they can, it's important too ! After that I'll really be looking foward to Gears Of War 2 wich would improve everything from GoW1 and have a deeper story and longer campaign, a Brumak too and the dragons from Unreal Engine 3 demo ( that would be cool as hell).
    Waiting for 'Gears of War 3' and 'Bulletstorm'

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by shletten View Post
    But I love my GoW , I wish they work on UT2007 as hard as they can, it's important too!
    Don't worry, we are!

i really suprised that everyone is so shocked by the fact its a trilogy. ive know that scince b-4 it came out.
    Well we're not here to sell cookies.
    http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=556999

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hmmm is UT2007 a DX10 game? or DX9? will it be a vista enhanced version?
    Also how is UT2007 for the PC comparable to GOW on the 360?

Are the models and enviornment more complex(made out of more poly's) in the PC version?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mark02V

I'm just happy we will still receive stuff on the Gears of War sometime in the near future. I am anxious and can't wait for this updates. I am still hooked and have yet to get tired of playing the game. As for potential sequels... As long as it outdoes this game which is doable I believe. I will support it all the way.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Mark02V View Post
    I'm just happy we will still receive stuff on the Gears of War sometime in the near future. I am anxious and can't wait for this updates. I am still hooked and have yet to get tired of playing the game. As for potential sequels... As long as it outdoes this game which is doable I believe. I will support it all the way.
    it does not need to outdo, all it has to do is use the same tech, same actors and just continue the story from where it left off in part 1.
    come on EPIC, give us more, and sooner than later!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Wrath 0f Hades

Man, if Epic and Bungie end up waging a huge war for best on the 'box, spending millions upon of dollars to keep our attention and break further ground than the predecessor and delve into new depths of gaming, I think I may have just died and went to heaven.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Crimson Ravenor

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shletten View Post
    But I love my GoW , I wish they work on UT2007 as hard as they can, it's important too!
    Don't worry, we are!
    Do you mean UT2007 for the 360? I assume that, seeing the phenomoninal hit that Gears of War is, UT2007 would be just as big a hit amongst the fans as a second Gears, almost. Especially the online.
    The enemy is on his knees. Six small craters leak blood over his tarnished armor, pooling around the single hand that remains to support his failing weight. He hears you aproaching, and tries to speak his defiance. All he manages is a blood soaked cough. Your foot slams down on his skull, and a thick, dull crunch can be heard as his skull shatters, the blood blossoming out around his deceased form like a crimson omen..

http://my.livecard.net/24749/Crimson Ravenor

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hooligunn

Quote Originally Posted by annunaki 23 View Post
    Seriously doubt that. Gears is a PS3 killer app - if it ever goes to PC it'll be in about 5 years time such as what is happening with Halo 2.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Damon Baird View Post
    Do you mean UT2007 for the 360? I assume that, seeing the phenomoninal hit that Gears of War is, UT2007 would be just as big a hit amongst the fans as a second Gears, almost. Especially the online.
    UT2007 won't be coming on 360, only on PC and PS3... Think about it, Epic conquering two major console communities with GOW and UT2007.
    Also known as Rask — http://www.ottorask.com/

UT3 Levels: CTF-Austere (MSU P3 5th place)

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Crimson Ravenor

On dominating all three, PC and 360, and PS3. PC and PS3 with UT2007, and 360 with Gears AND UT2007
    The enemy is on his knees. Six small craters leak blood over his tarnished armor, pooling around the single hand that remains to support his failing weight. He hears you aproaching, and tries to speak his defiance. All he manages is a blood soaked cough. Your foot slams down on his skull, and a thick, dull crunch can be heard as his skull shatters, the blood blossoming out around his deceased form like a crimson omen..

http://my.livecard.net/24749/Crimson Ravenor

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CRAZED HOBBIT

If this is offical confirmed by the Clffy himself then it will be the best news ever just think Gears two will be better than Gears(god that is just going to be awesome) then three will be better than two(Just how come on).Halo 3 is going to be awesome no doubt but I think eventually the king will be dead and there will hail a new KIng.
    WAS DOMTT BUT ACCOUNT GOT CORRUPTED WHEN TRANSFERING MY ACCOUNT TO MY ELITE NOW I CAN'T USE DOMTT AND NOW AM CRAZED HOBBIT AND I HAVE TO BEGIN ALL AGAIN

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Xv ArCaNe vX

Gears joins the 'Trilogy Club' eh....

Hmmm.

Well, bottom line is I'm looking forward to a sequel so it's all good I suppose.
    The gears of war are lubricated with the blood of soldiers

Fear The Flock

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JMR Bryant

i want ut 2k7 on 360
    Man where the hell am I?

I would like GoW 2 two be a story of the begining, before GoW 1's story, and then GoW 3 being the end to the story of GoW 1.

- What would you guys want? -
    The END Will Come!!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FSU4L1FE

i would like sequels first then maybe a prequel. but wouldnt have to be a very early prequel since gears 1 doesnt start till 14 years after e-day?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: pixel x101

I hope Gears hits PS3
    Myblog Find my works here.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Wait a minute, wait a minute here!! Did I just hear Mark say Gears 2 is going to have a story?? That will be a nice change of pace! :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast