Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I read that too, on xbox-scene

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mark02V View Post
    I'm just happy we will still receive stuff on the Gears of War sometime in the near future. I am anxious and can't wait for this updates. I am still hooked and have yet to get tired of playing the game.
    We'll have some fun new stuff for Gears over time.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HOPS

well if there is a trilogy epic will bring even more people into the gears of war realm. they might even surpass bill gate's fortun of money. maybe lol. who knows

Hi Mark don┤t forget the offline mode please!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: assult27

they already hav eall the designs its just a matter of new plot and levels
    I got Gears of War, I got Gears of War,I got Gears of War, I got Gears of War, I got Gears of War, I got Gears of War, I got Gears of War, I got Gears of War, I got Gears of War, Yeah!!!!!!! I love you Epic.

MSgt. Shooter Person

The sequel needs to come out in 12 months really, it's all well and good having an unfinished story (story, what story?!), but making us wait 2-3yrs for the next one is asking too much of us really, especially as the plot was so thin in the 1st place.

Saying that i'd buy the sequel anyway for the gameplay alone but i'm sure i'm not the only one who thought the story was so not in the same league as Halo's for example and didn't have the hooks that made that games story so memorable and reason alone to buy it's sequels (but ironically it's actual gameplay is not a patch on GOW's!).
    Last edited by butcher8; 11-26-2006 at 02:47 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PITBULL831

I love the idea of having a Triology for Gears of war , and love reading the ideas people have come up with for the Next Gears of War game ...

What i dont understand is wwhy people are saying there was no storyline to the game ... There is a storyline to the game , its jsut they might be giving it to us in small parts . There could be something bigger behind the whole game , Cliffy B. and the others might want to keep quiet about everthing for there reasons , same as Epic might want to keep quiet about more GoW games ... They do have URT2007 coming out next year , and im sure that GoW 2 is being planned out as we all type away on there boards ...

I also think there is more then just a Triology going on here for Gears of War , the Triology of Marcus could be the start of everthing . Let them fisit there first part of the storyline to see what else might come ot of it first .. Who knows , these 3 games could be the introduction of something bigger ... They could have planned out a Prequeal Triology and mroe later on in the life of the game ...

MSgt. Shooter Person

... the life of Carmine: A Red Shirt Story.
    ---
    RAAM: Marcus, I am your father!
    Marcus: NOOOO!!!!!!
    ---
    Sorry, i had to. But I like the idea of a few sequals. I've done some thinking on the story and fauna of Sera (see story page for threads), but I would love some more exploration of it.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by IronStarSavior View Post
    Wait a minute, wait a minute here!! Did I just hear Mark say Gears 2 is going to have a story?? That will be a nice change of pace! :P
    Word. Let's hope so.

I hope gears will be longer than a trilogy, and each one gets better and better as time goes on. If only every game looked as good as gears

MSgt. Shooter Person

Officially this game won't be a trilogy, Epic want this franchise to go on forever like MGS or FF. It says so on 1up.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Xv ArCaNe vX

Hadn't seen Mark's input in this thread.

I'm so glad that the announcement isn't that GOW was 'always planned as a trilogy' or some such other lame marketing ploy. This game is special, as are the environments, characters and story the game has introduced. That's why Gears should end when the creative people involved in telling the Gears story and making the Gears games FEEL IT IS CORRECT TO END IT

I can see, just by playing through Gears, that it is a real labour of love and clearly something that involved massive dedication and passion. The fact that the people doing the sweating happened to be artistic and technical perfectionists only makes the final game that more mind-blowing and special.

Gears has everything it needs to become the next-generation gaming milestone series; something that video-game fans will anticipate and cherish for years. That's a serious amount of potential, and that's why Epic have made the right choice (at this point) by opting to leave the life-span to the life in question.

Hell... who know's how long this damn war is gonna rage. Bring it on.
    The gears of war are lubricated with the blood of soldiers

Fear The Flock

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12