Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person

Okay, so there is a "party" feature in GoW right (ala Halo 2)? That's all I care about as far as MP is concerned.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PFI DeaTH

well like you Posted Before Joe , if UC2 Stopped Said Cheaters and Standbyers why cant you do the Same with GOW, and is the Game going to be Like CoD2 that game was really bad online at launch no Private MAtches, no LeaderBoards and no party System even with the worst matchmaking ive ever seen to date. Saints Row was cool , no Cheaters yet, if they released a Patch to free up the Lag and Fix the LeaderBoards then it would be Stellar online. I still dont get why you cant have 1.) Matchmaking, for Ranked Matches with an extensive LeaderBoard, and 2) Public Server list/ Quick Match

Best of Both Worlds and you can really get to work on teamWork in ranked and Just devolpe Strats in Player matches

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jarmen

well this is stupid.... i can play with my pals when it dosnt matter, but when i want to play some serious games i have to play with random s**theads. Xbox Live at it's finest...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FreeFocus

Yeah, I can't see myself playing any ranked matches. I hate playing with randoms.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

and since theres no clan support.... u cant play with ur friends at all in ranked games.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKM Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Marauder
    SKM Titan you the man. Less gaming goes on everyday, try find a game you want to play. It's horrible, you have to play like 5 hours to get a game you want.

JoeGraf, it's not your fault and probably not Epic's directly, the end result COULD be reflective on Epic anyway. H2 MM was not a huge problem 2 years ago, I predicted it would be, now it is. People just want to play what they want, when they want, and how the want. XBL does not allow you to do that effectively IMHO. All gamers will know is, hey, GOW won't let me play with my buddies and I can't find the game I want, they don't care if it's MS policy, they only know Epic made the game. Just a rant, again, not your fault and I am sure you guys get just as fustrated by this BS.
    Thanks. And I agree with you again. I didn't pay $50 for an XBL subscribtion, $30 for a replacement mic every 2 months, $400 for a 360, $100 for a wireless adapter, and $500 on games (soon to be more) in the last year so some ****ty, inaccurate Matchmaking/ranking system can decide who I play, what I play, and how I play.

I used to have fun playing online nearly 100% of the time, and I still have fun playing PC games online a lot of the time. And in Server List games like PDZ, I had fun a lot of the time. But in MM games like Halo 2, Saints Row, Quake IV, and COD2, where I don't get to play who I want and what I want, I maybe have fun 25% of the time at the most.

You also keep saying that this whole matchmaking/rank thing is MS policy, and I understand that. But how come games like GRAW and PDZ have server lists and allow you to play with friends in ranked games (through a little extra work)?
    Last edited by SKM Titan; 10-04-2006 at 06:17 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SKM Titan
    You also keep saying that this whole matchmaking/rank thing is MS policy. How come games like GRAW and PDZ have server lists and allow you to play with friends in ranked games (through a little extra work)?
    I think what joe was saying is that "ranked" games you will not be able to play with friends. He also said there can be no dedicated server support. I didn't take that to mean they can't have a browse function, but I do feel like that is what he is saying.

If I were to guess what they are doing, from what Joe said, just guessing again.

- Ranked games is MM with no friends allow and their are no clan support
    - Unranked games is MM too with friends allowed
    - Custom match which can be setup but no browse function for other players to see your game, no dedicated server support of any kind.

No friends in ranked games and no dedicated server support are MS policy, I believe. Maybe there is a function to search, I haven't heard them say it.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BLACK L A C

You also keep saying that this whole matchmaking/rank thing is MS policy. How come games like GRAW and PDZ have server lists and allow you to play with friends in ranked games (through a little extra work)?

quoted for truth

calling it MS's polices is bullsh1t...i can play DOA4 with friend's all day and it's ranked
    Last edited by BLACK L A C; 10-04-2006 at 06:09 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SKM D34TH
    I still dont get why you cant have 1.) Matchmaking, for Ranked Matches with an extensive LeaderBoard, and 2) Public Server list/ Quick Match

Best of Both Worlds and you can really get to work on teamWork in ranked and Just devolpe Strats in Player matches
    That's a great question, I've been asking Bungie and MS that for years, and now I'm starting to ask Epic that question. The only response I got so far from anyone was from Ninja on Fire and Achronos of Bungie where they said that Server Lists were too complicated for console gamers...which is a totally rediculous thing to say.
    Last edited by SKM Titan; 10-04-2006 at 06:12 PM.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Robbins0096

i think we need to stop worrying about it and see what EPIC does for the final game. THEN, if u dont like it, feel free to complain. but for now just let EPIC make this game the best that they possibly can. i feel ur pain joe...

Banned

This is what joe said.

"Not true. No dedicated servers as that is a TCR violation.

Matches cannot be password protected. You can create a private match and only invite people to it. Only in player matches. You can't invite people to ranked matches and all slots have to be public."

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK L A C
    quoted for truth

calling it MS's polices is bullsh1t...i can play DOA4 with friend's all day and it's ranked
    "

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by GearsManiac123
    i think we need to stop worrying about it and see what EPIC does for the final game. THEN, if u dont like it, feel free to complain. but for now just let EPIC make this game the best that they possibly can. i feel ur pain joe...
    Yea, lets not say anything, and wait until January 2007 before our concerns/problems finally get addressed

Also, we aren't mad at Joe. I'm not trying to blame him for anything, and I'm very appreciate it that he's willing to take the time to post on these forums.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Yea, lets not say anything, and wait until January 2007 before our concerns/problems finally get addressed

Also, we aren't mad at Joe. I'm not trying to blame him for anything, and I'm very appreciate it that he's willing to take the time to post on these forums.

exactly, we arnt annoyed with Joe, we are actually glad hes doing this.... Besides, how often do talk amogst your friends and get on games so you can... Not play with each other.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: vaporxx91

I think with the way the concerns are going we should ask Epic if they can list exactly what the online lobby setup is going to be for Gears.

For example, is it going to be like the current COD2 lobby:

Player Match- searches for a player created match with an open lobby.

Custom Match- searches for a player created match with an open lobby with a distinct gametype of your choosing, ie: deathmatch

Ranked Match- choose from a list of gametypes to find a ranked match with an open lobby or it will create one for you

Pvt Match- host a private game with a minimum of 3 slots being private and the rest being public. You get to choos the gametype and all the modifiers along with it.

I actually hope that it is not like this.
    ==========================================

I understand the whole policy with MS not letting people join ranked games together, that's fine. What I don't understand is, why even call it a ranked game? You never see your rank in any of these tru-skill games except for maybe PGR3. You actually see rank there.

Here's what I hope the lobby system is like:

Player Match- gives two options: quick match or custom match. The quick match just randomally picks the gametype and searches for an open lobby. The custom match allows you to find a player created match with the specific gametype you chose.

Ranked Match- pick a gametype and it searches for a ranked open lobby or creates one for you.

Custom Match- allows you to create a public match with your host settings, map, kills, lives, time limit, round limit, etc etc.

If you were to go into player match, there should be an option to look at a list of several games that are being played. If the game is in progress, you should be able to join it if the teams are un-even.

If they are in lobby, you should be able to join that as well.

One thing I hated about GRAW was that you had to wait for a match to be over with before getting into it. Very dumb.

Super Moderator

I'd paste the TCRs in here, but that's probably a NDA violation. I'll test inviting friends to a ranked DOA match.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

come on Joe, put it in the game.... i thought u were cool

My main grief is this:

Why am I penalized going into a ranked match, where since it is ranked does mean the match means something, by not being able to have my friends go in with me?

Why would anyone want to go into a ranked match environment and get matched up with some random scrub and pray they at least know the basics and aren't some teamkilling, quitting nub? How is it fun to play with your friends and get well as a team only to be split up and put into complete randomness in a ranked match?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BLACK L A C

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw4YoAss
    My main grief is this:

Why am I penalized going into a ranked match, where since it is ranked does mean the match means something, by not being able to have my friends go in with me?

Why would anyone want to go into a ranked match environment and get matched up with some random scrub and pray they at least know the basics and aren't some teamkilling, quitting nub? How is it fun to play with your friends and get well as a team only to be split up and put into complete randomness in a ranked match?

quoted for truth

im still wondering how me and three friends going up against 4 RANDOM people could promote cheating.....0_o

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

the only way i would be content with this nonsense is if Epic, for absolutely no reason, played the song Stuntin Like My Daddy when it talks about Fenix and his dad.

along with alot of Swishahouse chopped/screwed songs.

Super Moderator

come on Joe, put it in the game.... i thought u were cool
    I can put the code in. Then the game won't ship. I prefer to ship the game. Maybe you have a different view

Super Moderator

im still wondering how me and three friends going up against 4 RANDOM people could promote cheating.....0_o
    Easy. Every time a friend puts a player in dbno they call you over and you curbstomp them or finish them off in any of the special ways. That boosts your stats. And just because you are with friends doesn't mean they'll play on your side. They can get a 3 month trial membership and then die for you over and over again.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by joeGraf
    I can put the code in. Then the game won't ship. I prefer to ship the game. Maybe you have a different view

LOL! you guys are funny! seriously, it's so awesome to see a dev have humor!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Joe,

I understand the ranked match stuff. I understand MS's policy.

With that aside, whats up with stats? Are we going to be able to go online and look at our stats and track our progress?

Hades and I and many others want this game to go into online leagues, specifically CAL. Now CAL requires in ALL of their online leagues that demos or some type of post-game statistical information is present so that proof of a match can be recorded.

Now Halo 2 has the whole online-stats system, is Gears looking to do something similar to this?

Will there be online stats in-game where you can go look at how many headshots you've landed, kills, deaths, wins, losses, etc. etc?

It's very important for this game to go into competitive online leagues for there to be some type of stats information post-game or at least online.

thanks!

Super Moderator

Player Match, Ranked Match: These are standards for any Xbox Live game, but they bear repeating here. Player Matches are unofficial matches open to everyone, so if you're looking to play with folks on your Friends List, this is your best bet. Ranked matches will affect your leaderboard ranking, and to avoid glitching, you won't be able to invite your Friends into these matches.
    Taken from

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/p/pr...yeroptions.htm
    Last edited by joeGraf; 10-04-2006 at 08:06 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Microsoft isn't going to delay Gears of War because you added an extra online option

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Player Match, Ranked Match: These are standards for any Xbox Live game, but they bear repeating here. Player Matches are unofficial matches open to everyone, so if you're looking to play with folks on your Friends List, this is your best bet. Ranked matches will affect your leaderboard ranking, and to avoid glitching, you won't be able to invite your Friends into these matches.
    so.... let us join our friends off the friends list.... says nothing on that.

come on Joe, i know u wanna code it in... i can see it in ur eyes.. and by eyes i mean posts...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nice Shot Sean

I'd paste the TCRs in here, but that's probably a NDA violation. I'll test inviting friends to a ranked DOA match.
    you can play and invite friends into ranked matches.

heh i beat my friend so much i stopped gaining exp. for rank....not like i was boosting...just my friend sucked haha
    Remember those sweet, warm New England summers? Remember sipping lemonade underneath a shady tree? Remember when you hit that pedestrian with your car at the crosswalk and then just drove away? Pepperidge Farm remembers, but Pepperidge farm ain't just gonna keep it to Pepperidge farms self free of charge. Maybe you go out and buy yourself some of these distinctive Malano cookies maybe this whole thing disappears.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Taken from

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/p/pr...yeroptions.htm
    Ranked matches in Prey, just like in many other games were completely abandoned and not taken seriously at all.

Also, it says nothing about how you can't implement server lists into your game.

Are we atleast going to be allowed to host a 4 v 4 private room without dealing with matchmaking at all ? Because I think you could do that in Prey also...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nice Shot Sean

Easy. Every time a friend puts a player in dbno they call you over and you curbstomp them or finish them off in any of the special ways. That boosts your stats. And just because you are with friends doesn't mean they'll play on your side. They can get a 3 month trial membership and then die for you over and over again.
    yeh...but what about us who want to play with our friends on OUR side....thats what everyone is griping about...

nobody is complaining i can't play against my friend and boost em....
    Remember those sweet, warm New England summers? Remember sipping lemonade underneath a shady tree? Remember when you hit that pedestrian with your car at the crosswalk and then just drove away? Pepperidge Farm remembers, but Pepperidge farm ain't just gonna keep it to Pepperidge farms self free of charge. Maybe you go out and buy yourself some of these distinctive Malano cookies maybe this whole thing disappears.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Robbins0096

well, first off, i never said u were mad at him. and secondly, im pretty sure that he's gotta get tired of hearing all this sooner or later. and theres no need to get sarcastic. im trying to stop this because all we have to do is wait and see what the final MP ranked/non-ranked matches/"party" matches dealing with playing with ur friends is like. i dont see what the big deal about it is........
    Last edited by GearsManiac123; 10-04-2006 at 08:19 PM.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Britainz Finest

Yes, thats one thing i have found, old, more mature gamers dont give a $h1t about rankings.
    The amount of times i have been in games on GRAW playing against a 2, who seems to know everything about the game and own...

My question however is this, will people whom you do not know be able to join a player match? Like CoD2, can you create a non-ranked game, and people randomly join or will it only be through an invite?

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: microozzie

darn, i thought this game was going to be ultimate online, but now its just another cheesey matchmaking system without friends. So what can we do online? And is there absolutely no way that me and my freidns can play against 4 random people(people not on any of our friends lists)? any way at all?
    ^^what he said^^

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SeanDoe
    yeh...but what about us who want to play with our friends on OUR side....thats what everyone is griping about...

nobody is complaining i can't play against my friend and boost em....
    that would require the halo2 party system, and Joe explained how teamates can let their friends boost off kills they made by allowing a Teamate to curbstomp some1 you killed.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FreeFocus

Hopefully in Player matches, buttpirate.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: microozzie

Quote Originally Posted by Jarmen
    that would require the halo2 party system, and Joe explained how teamates can let their friends boost off kills they made by allowing a Teamate to curbstomp some1 you killed.
    thats the problem with the points system epic made, no friends in ranked matches, so in turn, it kind of is epic fault
    ^^what he said^^

Super Moderator

Are we atleast going to be allowed to host a 4 v 4 private room without dealing with matchmaking at all ? Because I think you could do that in Prey also...
    TCR requires that a game allow the player to create a match with all private slots (invite only).

Super Moderator

im pretty sure that he's gotta get tired of hearing all this sooner or later.
    Yes. I keep trying to give honest answers, but apparently that's not enough. Maybe it's time to go silent...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

thats the problem with the points system epic made, no friends in ranked matches, so in turn, it kind of is epic fault
    ya, but i kinda like the point system they have, and i understand why they need 2 make multiplayer this way. It just sucks for the majority of us who play legit.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Britainz Finest

TCR requires that a game allow the player to create a match with all private slots (invite only).
    Hmm, so the only way to play online in this game is with 7 other friends, or 7 totaly random dudes half way around the world? Man that sucks, but i do think there will be more then enough people on our friends list playing the game so it shouldnt be to big of a prblem.. Why couldnt EPIC just copy CoD2's online, i thought that was perfect!...

**EDIT**
    Sorry can someone explain this point system is to me, i dont know !

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast