Thread: ONS plus

Default ONS plus

Has Epic looked at the ONS Plus changes.

They are subtle, and all written to encourage teamplay and stop people playing for points, as well as some structural fixes that are probably irrelevant with UE3.

The key changes are the points changes for activities that help your team, especially shared points for building nodes, and the map that shows where the empty vehichles are.

The list is (I'm Shambler will forgive me)

Drop Checks: If an exit point of your vehicle is at a long drop you will not get out of that exit point unless all points are at a drop.
    ONS/vCTF

Dodge Style Exit Selection: You can now choose which side of your vehicle you want to get out from - Added configurable options for how this should function. (Client side and server side)
    ONS/vCTF

Enhanced Radar Map: It now shows all vehicles that have re-spawned at your teams nodes. And you can select specific vehicles so you spawn closer to them
    ONS

Shared Node Scoring: When linking with teammates, the score is shared evenly. This includes destroying nodes as well as building them. (and optionally, vehicles too)

ONS
    Score Bonus: Score for repairing occupied vehicles and turrets (configurable bonus).

ONS/vCTF
    Score Bonus: Score for damaging occupied vehicles and turrets (configurable bonus).

ONS/vCTF
    Lift Beacons: Added command to call vehicles for a lift, when activated a 'Thumbs Up' beacon will appear over your head to all drivers on your team (and on all drivers HUD map).

ONS/vCTF
    The stuck 'Missile Lock' warning has been fixed.

ONS/vCTF

Scorpian turret sometimes getting stuck as charged even when vehicle is empty has been fixed.
    ONS/vCTF

Fixed not being able to enter vehicles while ducking.
    ONS/vCTF

Fixed Raptors spinning around when you look up/down too far.
    ONS/vCTF

You can turn off peoples ability to select a preferred team (helps prevent balance problems).
    ONS/vCTF
    -
    v1.1 Features
    Lock-on Check: Added an option to stop raptor missiles from locking on to respawned vehicles.
    ONS/VCTF

Added checks to stop vehicle cameras going outside the map (was exploited so that fog disappeared).
    ONS/vCTF

The accuracy of the 'Missile Lock' display has been greatly improved. ONS/VCTF

Added vehicle plugin system so custom vehicles can be recoded with ONSPlus improvements.
    ONS/VCTF

Fixed not being able to enter the Manta even when touching the edge of the wing.
    ONS/VCTF

Fixed ECE vehicles giving wrong death messages.
    ONS/VCTF

Shot down AVRiL's will credit kills to whoever destroys them and won't explode when shot by teammates. (i.e. if an enemy player dies after you shoot his AVRiL rocket then you get a kill)
    ONS/VCTF

Veteran

I am all for it. It makes ONS much more enjoyable.

EDIT:
    Waiting for the usual "Leave ONS as it is" comments...

This makes me even happier. Littles things need fixing too.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I always wondered what ONSPlus actually did. And now I know.

An excellent set of additions and fixes to ONS. I would hope that Epic makes them standard in 2K7.
    SNOUT | Unreal Wiki | Back Issue | Message Mania | Basschat
    Epic - No longer releasing games I wish to play.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fuegerstef
    Waiting for the usual "Leave ONS as it is" comments...
    Don't forget the people who think it's mandatory to play ONS and want it removed completely (I think one of them is called witch doctor monk or something).

Banned

Also, the advanced ONS hud mutator out there was pretty sweet. I'm not sure if it was every released seperately, though...

Banned

Thumbs down

ONSplus improves the game