View Poll Results: Would you like to see items from Unreal?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it would be cool!

21 50.00%
  • No, its lame

14 33.33%
  • I dont care

7 16.67%

Default Items from Unreal / UT

Would be cool to have activable items from Unreal / UT back into UT2007:

Flashlights, flares, forcefield, SCUBA Gear and more.
    And also more types of armor, including asbestos suit (protects from lava) , toxin suit (protects from slime and absorb bio rifle damage), radiation suit and others. In UT these items wasnt placed though on some maps (on JB-DoubleDecks or whatever it called, there was toxin suit (one per team), so you can swim from one base to another). These items add new tactics to maps and ,of course, more fun. BUT, they should not be placed on competitive maps, such as Deck17 (though asbestos suit would fit this map ) , Rankin etc.

Redeemer

No thanks.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Dont make game to complicated

MSgt. Shooter Person

another bad idea...
    Hraju za:http://www.noir-gaming.ic.cz/
    NejaktußlnějšÝ CZ web o UT3:UnrealTournament3.cz

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by ne_skaju
    Would be cool to have activable items from Unreal / UT back into UT2007:

Flashlights, flares, forcefield, SCUBA Gear and more.
    And also more types of armor, including asbestos suit (protects from lava) , toxin suit (protects from slime and absorb bio rifle damage), radiation suit and others. In UT these items wasnt placed though on some maps (on JB-DoubleDecks or whatever it called, there was toxin suit (one per team), so you can swim from one base to another). These items add new tactics to maps and ,of course, more fun. BUT, they should not be placed on competitive maps, such as Deck17 (though asbestos suit would fit this map ) , Rankin etc.

I don't think it would be particulary useful for Deathmatch/CTF. Maybe Warfare or a Tactical Unreal Universe mod would find better use of it!

It would best serve a Singleplayer Campaign, something which was easy to do for UT because it was built on a SP game and shared assets with Unreal1. This was very hard to do with UT2kx because it was built completely for multiplayer.

This is probably best done as a mod but Epic could do a better job of putting content like this in.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OzMikeVick

(thread stater) Your F*n kidding right?

Honestly, it's a cool concept and I like the idea, but I just don't want to deal with the complexity of it.
    Every time someone drives off alone in a hellbender, God kills a puppy. Please, think of all the puppies!!

Redeemer

What is so complex in that?

It was nice in Unreal, although most items are too basic and useless.
    SFJake

Banned

I'd like to see the return of the flares. Oh, and the translator. Tee hee!

MSgt. Shooter Person

ut2007 is fast paced game and in dm maps i dont think that anybody can think and shoot at same time like what shouldi pick toxic or lava armor thats what i ment it could work on ut2004/2003 becase theres game pace aint that fast

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Hedge-o-Matic
    I'd like to see the return of the flares. Oh, and the translator. Tee hee!
    Cool idea. It could translate what these AOL kiddies type in the chat.

Iron Guard

Epic siad its putting deployables into Warfare, so imagine this mean a Forcefield generator is already in.

The new Armour system is stackable, so Damage dependent protection like Lava/Toxic Armour could work.

Alot of the characters already have lights in there suits so that could replace need for flashlights.

ScubaGear was used for Underwater Assault missions in UT99, so I see no reason not to include it.

Any excuse to get different vision modes into UT2007, like there were in UC2 is welcomed by me!

Banned

Default I would not say lame

I would not agree with lame,but I will pass.Just gimme some killer maps and weapons with good movement for fast intense (vehiceless) action and I'm good to go.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Deck 16 had the toxin pool, but there was a toxin suit. If you landed in it you died, but wear the toxin suit you survived. Its a little strategy, but in the heat of DM I don't always think about it. By the time you landed in the pool with the suit and dragging yourself out, someone may have already fragged ya silly.
    I think if you plan a map good the strategy can work, say like in CTF theres a toxin pool every body has to jump across. Land right on safe pads, your good, but if you slip yer done in the toxin. Got the suit, you survive.
    The pool might have an escape hole you exit safely if being chased, anyone without the suit dies or tries to find the escape hole to frag the flag carrier.
    Its makes for some fun strategy.

I'd like to see another DM-Pressure however...
    Home page on hold, stay tuned
    -megaboarder-

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by dinwitty
    Deck 16 had the toxin pool, but there was a toxin suit. If you landed in it you died, but wear the toxin suit you survived. Its a little strategy, but in the heat of DM I don't always think about it. By the time you landed in the pool with the suit and dragging yourself out, someone may have already fragged ya silly.
    I think if you plan a map good the strategy can work, say like in CTF theres a toxin pool every body has to jump across. Land right on safe pads, your good, but if you slip yer done in the toxin. Got the suit, you survive.
    The pool might have an escape hole you exit safely if being chased, anyone without the suit dies or tries to find the escape hole to frag the flag carrier.
    Its makes for some fun strategy.

I'd like to see another DM-Pressure however...

Or a DM PressureOven, it compresses and cooks you at the same time,

If they're seriously gonna have a pickup like scubagear/rebreather, It might aswell give you a real advantage to being in water, like activating little jets
    in your suit that allow you move faster and more manoueverable in water than on land!

Quote Originally Posted by fuegerstef
    Cool idea. It could translate what these AOL kiddies type in the chat.
    No portable computer is powerful enough to do that

As for resurrecting various items, only if 2k7's SP was like Unreal's
    =+= Custom Crosshair Tutorial is back up! Now hosted by AngelMapper =+=
    -+{ K-Aus ModDB }+-
    -=(Chaotic Dreams)=-

Quote fuegerstef: "When I grow old and my eyes are becoming really, really bad I might add UTComp to it(UT2004)."