Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: snoogans460

I can't believe I actually created this abomination... LOL. My apologies are extended to those people with sensitive eyes.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OzMikeVick

lol.............

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TuGzY vBi

joegraph can u tell me staight, is UT2007 coming for the 360?

i felt UC, but UC2 took UC to a next level. if UC3 was ever planned it would be better if the kept in the 3rd person part of it.

the UC's are the only games BAR fight night 3 ive spent HOURS on. even though UC2 had lag issues, when a good game(little lag) came along it didnt matter.
    Gamertag: Tugs18
    Previosly: Tug Soldi3r,Tuglet,Tugzy vbi, OSG hypnotic and hypnoticS18

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

I decided to make a cooler Unreal Symbol than the last. Also, I included this into my Unreal Website. I've finally finished one page for now, and the rest is in major construction...
    http://home.wi.rr.com/snoogans460uc2...les/Page7.html
    Last edited by snoogans460; 09-23-2006 at 09:46 PM.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OzMikeVick

I keep hearing the main reason it's guaranteed for PS3 and not 360 is the Blu Ra DVD: more data.

I'm sure it could be on 360 in some fashion, but maybe not the way Epic wants it to.

Quote Originally Posted by hypnotic
    joegraph can u tell me staight, is UT2007 coming for the 360?

i felt UC, but UC2 took UC to a next level. if UC3 was ever planned it would be better if the kept in the 3rd person part of it.

the UC's are the only games BAR fight night 3 ive spent HOURS on. even though UC2 had lag issues, when a good game(little lag) came along it didnt matter.
    I peeped your site Snoogs, cant wait till you get it going.
    Last edited by ShredPrince; 09-24-2006 at 03:31 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yeah, I remembered Sector 9 from the Rocket Arena Mod, the first time I played UC2's Fury. Nice map.

But I wonder about the other maps, that are listed in the "classic map list". Morbias, Gauntlet and Tempest are clear. But AcidRain and Legacy? Is Legacy supposed to be a remake of UT's DM-Pyramid? And what's the origin of AcidRain?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce
    Yeah, I remembered Sector 9 from the Rocket Arena Mod, the first time I played UC2's Fury. Nice map.

But I wonder about the other maps, that are listed in the "classic map list". Morbias, Gauntlet and Tempest are clear. But AcidRain and Legacy? Is Legacy supposed to be a remake of UT's DM-Pyramid? And what's the origin of AcidRain?
    Mmm? Good points. I imagine that Legacy is derived from the classic Pyramid Map in UT, since they definitely resemble each other more than any other I could think of. Acid Rain on the other hand remains a mystery to me - however, I'm sure that somebody has the answer to our burning question.

All of the maps from the "Classic" map list have some earlier roots that we felt it was worth paying homage to. The layout for DM-Fury was based on the Rocket Arena map by Rich Eastwood. Acid Rain was based off of the Rocket Arena map from Inoxx. (Can you tell I'm a huge RA fan?) Legacy was (loosely) based off of DM-Pyramid from UT99. Gauntlet, Morbias, and Tempest were ports; and for the record, Tempest (99) is one of my favorite maps of all time.

-E
    Jim Brown
    Lead Level Designer
    Epic Games

@EntropicDev

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    All of the maps from the "Classic" map list have some earlier roots that we felt it was worth paying homage to. The layout for DM-Fury was based on the Rocket Arena map by Rich Eastwood. Acid Rain was based off of the Rocket Arena map from Inoxx. (Can you tell I'm a huge RA fan?) Legacy was (loosely) based off of DM-Pyramid from UT99. Gauntlet, Morbias, and Tempest were ports; and for the record, Tempest (99) is one of my favorite maps of all time.

-E
    Sweet, thanks for the info.

So Acid Rain came from Inoxx? Wow, I'm gonna' go fire up UT 99 to check that one out. I've always enjoyed Rocket Arena myself - definitely a fun gametype. Tempest has a pretty cool overall layout, although it's difficult to say which version is actually better. I enjoy the atmosphere and darker qualities from the original - even though the corridors and scale of the first is significantly smaller.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12